• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Kyoufu

OK....

Destiny is still 17 days away.

If I get this title will it be a good diversion that will make the two weeks fly by? I just bought Madden 25 and it's fun, but it's not holding my attention longer than an hour a day.

I need a Destiny diversion.

Easily.

Grimløck;126731051 said:
this is my build:

primary: justice (crack)
secondary: blessed shield (shattering throw)
heaven's fury (ascendancy)
phalanx (bowmen)
law of hope (wings of angel)
akarat's champion (rally)
passives: holy cause; wrathful; heavenly strength; towering shield

my stats:
BvvrN2ECcAAxQ8m.jpg:large

this is enough to solo torment 3 comfortably with so-so gear.
You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you!

Taz

Oh so basically you need to continously beat all five areas in each act, open the treasure you get and hope for the legendary in each act?

Complete act one bountys, the five yellow exclamation marks then open the cache you get from town , do this till you get the ring , this will also get you rift fragments and legendary plans and gear so it's win win.

*edit* all you do is once you do act 1 and get the cache just leave that game and start a fresh which will give you five new act 1 bountys no need to do the other acts .

Pop

OK....

If I get this title will it be a good diversion that will make the two weeks fly by? I just bought Madden 25 and it's fun, but it's not holding my attention longer than an hour a day.

Hell Yes

Easily

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
WHY!?

I switched to Master from Normal without issue ( save for the Nemesis that dropped in and completely murdered me the instant I resumed my game ), but somehow, someone at max level from my Friend List joined me while I was exploring a cave. I was not aware that others could freely join, and everything scaled to his level. I wanted to continue solo, so I set my party to local-only to kick him. Problem is; all the enemies in that specific cave are still scaled to his level, even when I exit / re-enter.

Is that how it is supposed to work or did the game just fuck me over?

shinn623

So yeah. If there are any DHs that need crafting of Unbound Bolt (2 handed bow), Archfiend Quiver, or Arcane Barb (crossbow) let me know as I have all the plans for them. I'd be willing to craft them for you, as long as you provide the mats.

Also I have a lvl 61 bow (~1600), that can be equipped at lvl 38 if anyone is interested. Have no use it for it. Any takers?

Pop

WHY!?

I switched to Master from Normal without issue ( save for the Nemesis that dropped in and completely murdered me the instant I resumed my game ), but somehow, someone at max level from my Friend List joined me while I was exploring a cave. I was not aware that others could freely join, and everything scaled to his level. I wanted to continue solo, so I set my party to local-only to kick him. Problem is; all the enemies in that specific cave are still scaled to his level, even when I exit / re-enter.

Is that how it is supposed to work or did the game just fuck me over?

Game doesn't reset unless you go back to the main menu.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Is it better to go two 1-handed weapons as a DH or one weapon and a quiver? Does it simply depend on what you have available?

JP

Is it worth me returning to dungeons that I've already cleared? If I return am I just facing the same enemies and winning the same loot or does it everything level up with me?

Nemesis enemies have a tendency to appear at the worst possible time - I'm back peddling from a whole mess of enemies with poison and wall abilities, including two yellow-tier bosses, and a freaking Nemesis just materialises and finishes me off in a matter of seconds.

Hmmmm.... So I guess bounty hunting is a session thing. Damn. On well. PS4 suspend and resume can't get here fast enough. All's good tho. Went from 40-69 on my Crusader in a few hours today. Half a bar left. Gives me something to look forward to tomorrow.

Nemesis enemies have a tendency to appear at the worst possible time - I'm back peddling from a whole mess of enemies with poison and wall abilities, including two yellow-tier bosses, and a freaking Nemesis just materialises and finishes me off in a matter of seconds.
You get a good lead-in time of about 15-20 seconds before he arrives. Just listen for the Red State style trumpet sounds and your controller will vibrate with each trumpet blast.

You have time to finish off whatever pack you are facing. Just gotta keep them ears on.

So yeah. If there are any DHs that need crafting of Unbound Bolt (2 handed bow), Archfiend Quiver, or Arcane Barb (crossbow) let me know as I have all the plans for them. I'd be willing to craft them for you, as long as you provide the mats.

Also I have a lvl 61 bow (~1600), that can be equipped at lvl 38 if anyone is interested. Have no use it for it. Any takers?

I'd love the bow...not really doing so hot with DH right now. PSN: ThirdROB.....shoot me a friend request.

Atkison04

OK....

I was in the same boat minus having Madden. Diablo is awesome man, definitely recommend picking it up to keep you busy until destiny. I bought diablo to keep me busy for 3 Weeks, but I'll absolutely keep it along side destiny.

drotahorror

tryin to farm keywardens.....wow I've killed act IV warden over 30x and not a single key drop. 25% my ass, or my luck is just garbage. I've killed him on torment 1, 2, 3, doesn't matter. Legendary's are a better drop off this guy than the key.

drotahorror

Is it worth me returning to dungeons that I've already cleared? If I return am I just facing the same enemies and winning the same loot or does it everything level up with me?

Pretty sure mobs are just normalized for xp/dmg/hp etc based on what level you are. Farm the same thing all you want you'll get just as much XP in act 1 as act 5.

Duallusion

tryin to farm keywardens.....wow I've killed act IV warden over 30x and not a single key drop. 25% my ass, or my luck is just garbage. I've killed him on torment 1, 2, 3, doesn't matter. Legendary's are a better drop off this guy than the key.

Yeah, about that ...

I dont know if its been stated, but it appears that the Key of Evil for the Infernal Machines is not dropping, at least on PS4.

Any gaffers farming it should probably give up.

Posted on the official forums, and a few others have said the same as myself.

Personally been a part of over 100 kills of Nekarath, 3 on T6 with 4 players, and no drop, for anyone.

First time playing with the Crusader, any tips on a good combo of skills? I love to charge into battle and annihilate everything.

Lev 15, using Punish/Sweep attack/Shield glare/Provoke/Heavenly Strength.

Codiox

I completely changed my mind on this game.

If anybody wants to join me and my girlfriend for some act 3 loot godness add me on PSN(ps4):C0D10X

We are online in a couple of minutes.

Just 2 Diablo-addicted since friday...lol

Just after my last post I went to Act II and did a bounty, I were really close to dying a few times. Bloody wallers with lasers in a cramped cave. It was the first time I heard my character say, I need healing! :p

Think i'll stay on master until I hit 70 and get some better loot.

Yeah I got walled in with lasers and puddles of goop. I think they summoned stuff because I got a kill steak of 300+ for the first time.

Gonna stick to master for now. I can't get any WD drops. All I get us crusader gear. The game is trying to tell me something.

Jabba

Banned
OK....

Exactly why I bought this and Tales of Graces f. Asked same question about a Destiny filler and gaf didn't dissapoint.

Tendo

Thanks to those that helped answer my questions last night. Bought it on PSN and played this morning. After putting a couple hundred hours in on PC I don't think I can go back. This looks great on my tv and controls AMAZINGLY with the controller. Can't wait to get back to max level and get in on this nemesis slaying goodness.

Tendo101 if anyone wants to add someone for legendary sharing good times.

Draper

Hm, you guys seem to be really enjoying this game. I've never played anything in this genre before, yet here I am considering purchasing it for my PS4...

I've been reading around but I haven't found this spelled out easily. I sold my DIablo 3 for PS3 a while back and have no way to update the game, launch it, or link that game to battle.net. I want to import my save to my newly bought PS4 copy.

Every time I look in FAQs for a method to import a save without access to the original, it says to launch the PS4 game, log into SEN, then in the main menu, select "More" and then "Import save". I do not have a main menu or a "More" menu option anywhere in my game. When I start the game and get to the main screen, the game displays a message that says it could not find an exported game and then another message that says "No save data has been found".

I went to my PS3 and uploaded the Diablo 3 save file to PS+ cloud saves. Can't find a way to pull it down to my PS4 now. And Diablo on the PS4 isn't finding anything.

pls advise.

Mr Croft

Is it better to go two 1-handed weapons as a DH or one weapon and a quiver? Does it simply depend on what you have available?

I want to say it depends on the build. If you are doing the sentry/ rockets two handed crossbow all day. Usually everything is better than two hand cross bows.

also looking for eastern players to rift it up.
Dh 116 paragon (can solo T3) 1.4m dps. Lets rift it up!

edit gt: KPB Mr Croft

Vorheez

Hm, you guys seem to be really enjoying this game. I've never played anything in this genre before, yet here I am considering purchasing it for my PS4...
Just buy it, it's utterly addicting. I find it hard to believe that anyone wouldn't like this game, it just constantly hits that reward centre of your brain. It's chemically proven that Diablo is digital crack. You will like it even if every part of you doesn't want to.

Should we alter the OP with some sort of disclaimer for anyone teetering on the edge of a purchase? We must grow our community, even through means of manipulation.

Number45

I've been reading around but I haven't found this spelled out easily. I sold my DIablo 3 for PS3 a while back and have no way to update the game, launch it, or link that game to battle.net. I want to import my save to my newly bought PS4 copy.

Every time I look in FAQs for a method to import a save without access to the original, it says to launch the PS4 game, log into SEN, then in the main menu, select "More" and then "Import save". I do not have a main menu or a "More" menu option anywhere in my game. When I start the game and get to the main screen, the game displays a message that says it could not find an exported game and then another message that says "No save data has been found".

I went to my PS3 and uploaded the Diablo 3 save file to PS+ cloud saves. Can't find a way to pull it down to my PS4 now. And Diablo on the PS4 isn't finding anything.

pls advise.
You don't upload it to PSN, you have to link it to battle.net and export/import to there. You need D3 on PS3 basically.

Just buy it, it's utterly addicting. I find it hard to believe that anyone wouldn't like this game, it just constantly hits that reward centre of your brain. It's chemically proven that Diablo is digital crack. You will like it even if every part of you doesn't want to.

Should we alter the OP with some sort of disclaimer for anyone teetering on the edge of a purchase? We must grow our community, even through means of manipulation.

"It's not even September yet. No new TV shows even. Just buy it. #Destiny"

Kemal86

I'm so damn broke. At level 70, just started doing Bounties on Master difficulty. Feels like I'm a couple of enchants/crafts away from being totally broke...should I be selling most of my items or salvaging them?

I'm so damn broke. At level 70, just started doing Bounties on Master difficulty. Feels like I'm a couple of enchants/crafts away from being totally broke...should I be selling most of my items or salvaging them?

Do what you need to based on need.

Usually I'll salvage until I have around 1k or so of the main stuff.

Mr Croft

I usually salvage my gear so I have enough materials to reroll properties on gear.

ChuckNyce

If you're playing on PS4, friend me and I'll throw some gold your way the next time I'm on (mention that in the friend request please) PSN I'D is ChuckNyce

Top Bottom