• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

mstevens

I'm a few levels away from 70.. I don't think I'll be ready for Torment away.

My question is... Is there any point to doing bounties or rifts on Master or should I just blow through a bunch on normal till I'm ready for Torment?

Jolkien

How the hell do you make it through playing this game without reading about what the hell it is that you're picking up?

I'm not sure lol. Too bad they changed the puzzle ring, I prefer when you summoned treasure goblin when you were getting hit.

I got threw Act1 and while I like the game a lot I don't like the Wizard class which is weird because I love magic users. I deleted that Wizard and I'm going to start over as a different class.

Is there a class in this game that uses physical skills and offensive/hindering magic?

Probably Monk. They're a melee class that has some cool "spells."

ZenaxPure

What's the best way to powerlevel your own characters for the "Dream Team" trophy?

Since you can't log-in to your own account to co-op I'm dumbfounded.

It really just depends on a lot of stuff like your paragon level and what gear you have available. That said this is exactly what I did on PC to level a second barbarian to max in roughly 4 hours:

-Made the character (obviously). I put all my primary paragon points into strength and put all the defensive ones into all resist (I was around plvl 400 at the time, but, 200 is enough to max AR obviously). Unlike other stats those are not % based which makes them incredibly OP at low levels. My barbarian was literally immune to damage for the first 10 or 15 levels (which went by in a matter of minutes).

-Gave her a hellfire ring. A level 60 one is best for low levels because the proc is just raw damage, the level 70 hellfire ring proc is weapon % based which means it sucks for low level characters. Also if you happen to have a hellfire ring with thorns on it you do not even need to attack for a while, enemies will kill themselves on your level 60/70 thorns damage numbers.

-At level 40 I gave her level 70 gear. A weapon is good enough to stay in the lower torment range, but a full set of level reduced gear means you have fairly close to level 70 stats at level 40. I also made the weapon a Thunderfury (cause I have seen literally over 15 of those damn things drop) which gave me a nice proc with the rest of my gear.

Obviously this approach takes a lot of preparation, but, you don't really have to go out of your way to achieve most of it. The hellfire ring is obviously a problem on consoles right now, but, I have no idea if you imported one from the vanilla version of the game or something (which would be good cause like I said the level 60 one is better for low level characters). The most important things really is using paragon points to increase your survivability and then making sure you have a level 70 weapon as soon as you can use it.

Holy shit. I was in a prison-themed rift level that went on FOREVER.
10533834_10152224392496927_4813649962775467225_o.jpg

zou

Is there anything I need to keep in mind when opening caches? Been through 25+ and not a single legendary so far.

Also, what's the deal with healing in the game? Potions are useless, there's no life leech, loh is too low to be useful and the health orbs don't drop nearly enough. If I encounter 1 or 2 elite packs I usually have to make do with 1 potion due to the ridiculous cool down. And what orbs do drop I usually pick up by accident when I don't need them.

I've seen a lot of people online (10+ so far) with like a million damage stat and they are ALWAYS wearing two rings called Black Prize and White Prize with 3 slots and + 6k damage each. These are hacked rings going around I assume? These guys tear through shit and kill the point of the game. It sucks having to check everyone's gear for cheaters every time I join a game.

Didn't they say they added a method to remove hacked items from the game? Does it just not work?

Oppo

finally sat down with the wife to do some co op of Diablo... she's like "this feels like a ripoff of that old Champions of Norrath game". heh.

Kyoufu

Why can't you take another bounty? You pretty much do the same things in bounties and rifts. lol

Because they aren't as fun or as rewarding as rifts (I already have RORG).

Plus finding the objectives, like Queen Aranae annoys me lol.

Edit: double post sorry.

ZenaxPure

Didn't they say they added a method to remove hacked items from the game? Does it just not work?

Nah, at least on the gamespot stream before the game came out they specifically said they just made a way to tone the cheating down (but wouldn't go into details as it would give away how it was done or something) but said it was impossible to completely fix.

Why can't you take another bounty? You pretty much do the same things in bounties and rifts. lol

Bounties are always the same thing with the same enemies and involve a lot more running around without fighting enemies. Rift maps are random (outside of a few maps that can not be randomized) and use random enemy assortments which means you will run into mobs from different acts together, which changes how you need to approach them in killing priority and the like. Not to mention the legendary drop rate is double inside rifts compared to outside.

Basically bounties are repetitive as shit as they literally never change (outside of quests rotating each time) where as rifts are random enough to not be as boring over a longer period of time.

Jabba

Banned
When mapping buttons, how do you put each power category where you want it? I've messed around with my mapping. Now I can't put the powerset back to the button it was on. It's like power categories rotate to a new particular button map. Gotta be doing something wrong. Any help is appreciated.

As I'm a scrub, having to relearn a control scheme I fucked up..............well......it's deadly.

Xevren

When mapping buttons, how do you put each power category where you want it? I've messed around with my mapping. Now I can't put the powerset back to the button it was on. It's like power categories rotate to a new particular button map. Gotta be doing something wrong. Any help is appreciated.

As I'm a scrub, having to relearn a control scheme I fucked up..............well......it's deadly.

Turn on elective mode in options, it will allow you to map to wherever you want.

GRaider81

How the hell do you make it through playing this game without reading about what it is that you're picking up?

Even the green and red arrows don't give you the kind of information you need most of the time.

Admittedly I'm a noob, so far just been going by green arrows and strength.

I read my weapons and armour usually but been skipping rings etc. now I'm at 70 taking much more care, just hadnt noticed the puzzle ring details.

But to answer your question, I hit level 70 that way, on the fly all by myself.

hydruxo

Two Nemesis at the same time, seriously?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDeEI0w2L3Q&feature=youtu.be

Couldn't believe it when I heard the horns while already fighting one Nemesis. The other guy said I was imagining it, but sure enough, there was a second horn. I just gave up when it dropped and let it kill me, there was nothing I could do.

Maybe I just added way too many people in my friend's list playing Diablo.

Haha holy shit! The second one was my nemesis that I posted about earlier today on here that I never got killed by even though it said it killed me. Didn't realize you could get two nemesis at the same time though, that's crazy.

RE_Player

Played local co-op with my brother and we realized half way through our session the controllers on the PS4 light up to the same colour as this rings around our characters in game. Blizzard really nailed all the little touches.

drotahorror

Is there any way to see my character stats and whatnot on battle.net? I linked my ps4 account but all I can see is PC account stats. I'm guessing no since the ps4 version isn't really tied to any online system.

MDSLKTR

So the skills and inventory UI being separate for each player during local coop was a lie or am I missing how to do it? Taking turns is awful

Xevren

What's the best way to powerlevel your own characters for the "Dream Team" trophy?

Since you can't log-in to your own account to co-op I'm dumbfounded.

I'm thinking the best would be to make a friend and make use of the apprentice mode probably. I would bet you could level up really fast in a lvl 70s game.

Woorloog

Banned
I wonder if i can get 15 levels on Master from Act V, finished Diablo at 55. Not too keen on extra grinding, considering i'll be playing the whole game again once i get to 70...
EDIT playing on 360, dunno if that affects leveling speed due to possible mob density and difficulty level XP bonuses differences.

I'm thinking the best would be to make a friend and make use of the apprentice mode probably. I would bet you could level up really fast in a lvl 70s game.

Yeah, my brother played with me today as a guest and he hit 33 under an hour even though the max unlocked difficulty was Expert.

Alright, caved and bought the game. Now to figure out what class to be...

Crusader if you want to bash things with a shield and just be at the front lines of the holy war

Demon Hunter if you want to vault around, lay traps and turrets, pick your enemies off from afar and send them straight to hell

bobawesome

I played 4 or 5 hours last night with my brother under my account on his PS4. I bought the game today and transferred my character over. However, I noticed that a trophy I earned (Breaking Not So Bad) isn't showing up. What's the deal with this? I tried repairing items while in my game but nothing's happening.

Nokterian

Finally had some more time to play and what a beautiful game blizzard did a excellent job making it work on PS4 and 60fps is glorious. I leveled up my Crusader to level 15 in less then 2 hours. Thanks to those legendary ring and shoulders. I played a crusader also on my pc but i am having more fun with it on console it's weird but goddamn it runs fluid.

1363.gif

I played 4 or 5 hours last night with my brother under my account on his PS4. I bought the game today and transferred my character over. However, I noticed that a trophy I earned (Breaking Not So Bad) isn't showing up. What's the deal with this? I tried repairing items while in my game but nothing's happening.

Did you upload your save to the cloud? And did you sync your trophies?

Ahhh!!! My wife just dropped a mental nuke on me! She got me the Star Wars Saga on Bluray to celebrate the day we met. I don't know if I should go on a Jedi binge or Diablo binge!

I'm also kind of regretting erasing my Wizard character, I looked up the Monk class and it looks like it doesn't learn any debilitating or offensive spells to support his physical offense.

Is there a way to change the face or hair of the main character or do we just put helms and such on them to make them look different from their default selves?

This game is so great. And I am only at the beginning of the third act, while playing alone 95% of the time!

12 hours today, it's been a while since a game made me play this long.

Top Bottom