• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Unsure if playing expert with demon hunter so early is worth it. Specially going against blue and yellow mobs at the same time with ice and plague lol

Guys, I never play a Diablo game before, or any game this type for that matter. I've been a console player my entire life, and I was wondering if I should get it for Ps4. From what I've seen gameplay wise the game is not a looker, and $60 sounds kind of steep, but then again if the game is good, I wouldn't mind.

Should I wait for a sale or go all in? Can someone compare the game to something similar on consoles? I'm just kind scared of the top-down camera view I see from the gameplay videos, those type of games always turn me off, but somehow that's not happening with this game.

Please Gaf put my fears to rest.

pixlexic

Banned
Playing crusader on my ps4 play through. He is really fun and has some of the best armor sets.

any words on id Blizzard will add any more classes?

drotahorror

Guys, I never play a Diablo game before, or any game this type for that matter. I've been a console player my entire life, and I was wondering if I should get it for Ps4. From what I've seen gameplay wise the game is not a looker, and $60 sounds kind of steep, but then again if the game is good, I wouldn't mind.

Should I wait for a sale or go all in? Can someone compare the game to something similar on consoles? I'm just kind scared of the top-down camera view I see from the gameplay videos, those type of games always turn me off, but somehow that's not happening with this game.

Do you like action RPG's at all? Then yes. Also, it's the best console isometric arpg since Balder's Gate Dark Alliance II.

I'm not a huge fan too but this game is something different in terms of content and choice. In my opinion.

Gameplay gets more interesting as soon as you play coop, 4 player action is a blast!

mstevens

Just hit 70.. Now what do I do? Trying to be efficient, but I'm not too geared yet. Should I grind bounties / rifts on Expert solo?

JP

Just found my first Resplendent Chest and Nemesis! It was a real "holy crap" moment when I opened the chest and loot exploded all over the place. One of the good things about being new to the game is that it surprises me with stuff like this.

The Nemesis really surprised me and I'd just been messing around with my so I was all over the place learning my new skills with this thing chasing after me. It was lucky that I had something that regenerated health and it was a matter of repeatedly running around a tree regenerating my health, turning around, hitting it and running around the tree until my health regenerated again. It took a while but it had killed two people before me and I managed to kill it which I was quite pleased about.

My follower died two or three times while it happened though which didn't help. Was expecting something special after killing it but it just seemed to be a normal kill from what I could tell.

Level 22 now which I know isn't much but I'm quite happy with my progress.

SDCowboy

From what I've seen gameplay wise the game is not a looker, and $60 sounds kind of steep, but then again if the game is good, I wouldn't mind. ...

What in the world? D3 on console is the epitome of gameplay perfection. I think it may be one of those games that you have to play to fully appreciate.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
What in the world? D3 on console is the epitome of gameplay perfection.

yeah i don't get it, playing demon hunter has been a ton of fun with many tense moments. zipping around, laying sentries, slowing enemies, marking big guys and throwing aoe exploding bolas. mad fun gameplay.

Abylim

So it looks like the Key of Evil may drop from one of the ubers you fight in the portals the first 3 keys make.

Going to attempt it soon, I'll let you guys know if it drops!

Gamespawn

Haven't payed Diablo since 2 as a necro. Just bought it from PSN because I need some co-op goodness in my life. Let's go...

Jabba

Banned

Do you remember Phantasy Star Online for Dreamcast through Xbox? If you do, Diablo 3 is like it but way more involved with many choices of class and weapons. Tons of content with exceptional replayability. They've made the difficulty scalable, so you can play at a level comfortable to you. It has good pace, gameplay wise, imo. It's also technically sound, ftom what I've seen so far, if you care about it. Other gaffers will add to what I've said here.

If you have the cash, give it a try. Many of us double dipped. I'm one of them. Worth every penny going from PS3 to PS4. There are somany things to like about Diablo 3 seriously.

OT:

Playshare on PS4 will be great for apprehension on any game purchase that supports it, providing you have a few friends. You would be able to check it out with fellow gaffers without risk.

FireCloud

Picked this game up yesterday for the PS4. Wow, such a great game. Really taking me back to what I loved in Diablo 1 and 2. Though I don't know if that is necessarily a good thing. Diablo 2 became somewhat of an obsession back in the day.

Decided to go with a Crusader for my first play though and really like how the skills, weapons, and armor are progressing.

One word of warning for newbies. After finishing the second story quest I decided to go back to the area to put around awhile before progressing in the story. Went down in a dungeon and saw an orb labeled Jar of Souls. I hadn't heard anything about it so I decided to touch it. Let's just say that you want to be prepared when you do that. Felt like Indiana Jones after trying to swap the bag of sand for the Idol.

Hopefully, the way I worded that doesn't require spoiler tags.

Already had a friend's list friend mail me some legendary boots. I would have returned the favor but they were already level 70 when I was level 13. So I decided to pay it forward and send some rare boots to another friend's list friend who was playing a level 5 Crusader. The mailbox is a nice feature.

bebop242

Faced my second nemesis and it took a bit but I slayed it. I'm 1 for 2 now.

Started a new character (crusader) and started to play couch co-op with the wife. Her using the DS4, me using the Vita. Using the Vita as a second controller isn't as bad as I thought it would be but the touch screen brings up the inventory menu from time to time.

I have a bunch of stuff in my mailbox from Gaffers. Is it verified if they level to your current level when you open it or is it fixed?

One word of warning for newbies. After finishing the second story quest I decided to go back to the area to put around awhile before progressing in the story. Went down in a dungeon and saw an orb labeled Jar of Souls. I hadn't heard anything about it so I decided to touch it. Let's just say that you want to be prepared when you do that. Felt like Indiana Jones after trying to swap the bag of sand for the Idol.

Hopefully, the way I worded that doesn't require spoiler tags.

It's actually really good advice to be healed up and ready when fiddling with any unique environmenal objects like that. Even chests... especially later in the game.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Man you guys are lucky you have girlfriends that play video games with you :(

My girlfriend calls me a child and thinks that grown men should not play games...and almost break up over it.

So i have to sneak out of bed just to squeeze couple of hours on ps4. Sucks.

Andrew.

Banned
Doesn't sound like a woman worth keeping in the long run

And with your occupation being a pimp, just get one of your other bitches to appreciate your hobby.

It's my first Diablo game and I'm level 19 and I'm liking it a lot. Also should I sell my loot or salvage it?

Salvage. Hang onto legendaries if they look like they could be useful to someone. But otherwise, you tend to find enough gold just from regular exploration.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™

My girlfriend calls me a child and thinks that grown men should not play games...and almost break up over it.

Yeah that's not a healthy relationship

I wonder if i can get 15 levels on Master from Act V, finished Diablo at 55. Not too keen on extra grinding, considering i'll be playing the whole game again once i get to 70...
EDIT playing on 360, dunno if that affects leveling speed due to possible mob density and difficulty level XP bonuses differences.
I wouldn't think so. I barely popped 70 moving between Torment and Torment1.

CREMSteve

Been playing 3-player coop today with my kids. They are using Guest accounts on my PS4. When we turn off the game, will their character progress be gone?

xkramz

Is there a site or could I get some info on the best gear set for demon hunter? And where could I buy or find the drop?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

i wish my girl would play games with me too but i would broke up with her if she tried to play that card. she may not play or "get" games, but she bought me my ps4 for xmas as a surprise and always encourages me get me my required dude time in.

also if she wants you to stay in bed while she falls asleep hook it up w the remote play vita.

I still think its hilarious that this game was panned when it launched on PC but now it's getting praised to the heavens on consoles

Blizzard redeemed?

(I enjoyed it immensely on PC, even at launch before they fixed it)

Juuuust picked this up.

Looking at all these other builds, I think it's unfair that Demon Hunter has badass crossbow shooting. I mean, how am I supposed to pick any other class? I'm only level 6 and I already have rapid fire arrows even with a regular two-handed bow.

Seems pretty unfair to every other class.

XBO GT: KidInsomnia

Add me, brehs.

Nemesis seems to pop up during cutscenes, and proceeds to kill me without me being able to do anything or notice it's there. Level 63 Wizard, got a few hundred hours in the PC version and expect a similar amount of time in the PS4 version.

BFIB

Well, time to pick up your other hobby, which is bar hopping with your friends. She will beg you to stay home then.

ZenaxPure

Is there a site or could I get some info on the best gear set for demon hunter? And where could I buy or find the drop?

If you're going for Torment 6 your only real option is the Marauder set. The only item pretty much required to make it work well (outside of the set items themselves) is a quiver called Bombadier's Rucksack, though there are other items you want to look out for depending on a bunch of factors that don't matter for you right now.

As for how you get it, it's just all just random, you will get it over time from doing rifts and gambling at Kadala in town with blood shards.

Also if you want to look through items the blizz game guide is pretty good.

Top Bottom