• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Drop rates on gifts seem pretty low, or I'm just unlucky with them now. First day I got a ton but ever since I get maybe 1 a day.

Seems like that for me too, I didn't get any the first two days or so but just got 4 in the last two sessions.

I haven't seen a Nemesis yet, just got to Act 5.

Anyone else having an issue with the Act III in-game achievement "Beastmaster of Arreat"? 3 of the enemies they list for this are in Act IV so there is no way to get them in that act.

This isn't a PS Trophy/XB Achievement issue...just the in-game challenge

I unlocked that one in act 4, even if it is meant for 3...sorta weird. But it still checked it off properly.

Shouldn't have opened my mouth about expert being easy (even though it usually is). Just got smacked around in the spider cave in act 1. Really need some better gear.

One thing I wish this game had was a way to display a screen that showed all your gear at once so you could make screenshots of your setup.

Or is there a way to do this that I'm missing?

The one thing I don't like about Diablo 3 RoS is that it's almost too good.

I think my eyes are bleeding.

is_such_a_thing_even_possible-9397.gif

This game has everything I ever enjoyed in MMOs without any of the stuff I hate about MMOs.

Its pure, distilled, lizard brain flashy light physics powered explosive gib opium lashed to the rational number crunching optimizing facility in the geek power lobes - with no dross, none at all - at least not once you unlock Adventure Mode. Its focused, intense, and wildly, endlessly satisfying. This shit is gooood.

And damn it, Apprentice Mode makes the game so damn accessible and easy to co-op with friends that it should damn well be standard in any level based co-op games from this point forward. If a game has RPG level restrictions and co-op, it'd be damn well idiotic not to include it.

Dug

Banned
I'm at The Survivors Enclave in Act V and can't find a Transmorg place anywhere. Am I correct in assuming that the next hub I find will have it?

hydruxo

I'm at The Survivors Enclave in Act V and can't find a Transmorg place anywhere. Am I correct in assuming that the next hub I find will have it?

You meet the Mystic during a quest towards the beginning of Act V, after that she'll be there for you to get transmogs from.

Not sure if this is a graphical glitch or a specific style choice, but when I use swords with the Crusader, the blade (hilt and all) disappears from my hand upon the strike. So it just looks like a flash of lightning coming out of his hand.

It looks cool I guess, though it's a little tough to tell exactly what the range of the attack is without the blade visible.

I should note, I'm using a two-handed sword as a one-handed weapon, thanks to one of the passive abilities.

Oh, and I'm using the Smite ability, so it just might be the animation for that, now that I think about it....

David___

Banned
Not sure if this is a graphical glitch or a specific style choice, but when I use swords with the Crusader, the blade (hilt and all) disappears from my hand upon the strike. So it just looks like a flash of lightning coming out of his hand.

It looks cool I guess, though it's a little tough to tell exactly what the range of the attack is without the blade visible.

I should note, I'm using a two-handed sword as a one-handed weapon, thanks to one of the passive abilities.
If I'm correct then the skill you're using is Smite. If so the range is about 30 yards. Your weapon disappearing isn't a glitch.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
One thing I wish this game had was a way to display a screen that showed all your gear at once so you could make screenshots of your setup.

Or is there a way to do this that I'm missing?
I greatly prefer inventory management on PC and the way it laid out your gear so you could get a nice single overview of rarity colors, etc. it looks really cool the way it's displayed.

ZenaxPure

Probably my best find so far. Definitely the first time I've felt really strong. Wreckin' shit with toads.

That's probably my favorite witch doctor item. Wish I could find a better version of the one I have so I could go back to using it (since using it changes my skill selection fairly dramatically).

With the charm rune you can pretty much keep guys CCed forever.

nawwafh

Diablo noob here..
What happens if i salvage an item thats already socketed with a gem..
Does the Gem automatically go to my inventory?
Im guessing no.. because removing gems costs a lot of money..
Can any1 clarify?

yamo

Got my first legendary lvl 70 ring... don't feel like fire skill damage will help me much as a Crusader. :s

Can I save it for when my Wizard hits 70 or is it crusader only (wrath regeneration)?

Enectic

Banned
Got my first legendary lvl 70 ring... don't feel like fire skill damage will help me much as a Crusader. :s

Can I save it for when my Wizard hits 70 or is it crusader only (wrath regeneration)?

SoJ...brings back memories. I remember those things were pretty much currency in Diablo 2 pre 1.09 patch. Having fun with Diablo 3 on my Xbox One. Currently have a lvl 49 Crusader and just hit Act V.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Diablo noob here..
What happens if i salvage an item thats already socketed with a gem..
Does the Gem automatically go to my inventory?
Im guessing no.. because removing gems costs a lot of money..
Can any1 clarify?
The gem gets moved to your inventory when you salvage at the blacksmith.
I didn't know this either and kept on removing the gems at the jeweler without checking the prices, suddenly all my money was gone.

Aces&Eights

Probably my best find so far. Definitely the first time I've felt really strong. Wreckin' shit with toads.

66mNnJX.jpg

Ha. Wish you wrote this a few hours ago. I had some knife thingy drop for Witch Doctor what was a level 21 or something (legendary) but it did like 5 times the damage as yours does and had tons of sweet effect. Since I'm a Crusader, I salvaged it, lol.

Yes, I am a habitual salvager. I am not going to ever re-roll and start a new character, just always work on my Crusader, therefore, I want the scrap for anything I can't use unless I know of someone who could use it. Drives my friend crazy. We both have OCD; he has to save EVERYTHING in case of armageddon, he can go get his level 7 rusty dagger to sell for food and I only keep what I am currently using. I salvage everything. I like things neat and orderly, no need for all these things cluttering up my inventory and making me spend an hour deciding if it's better to have 220 strength but lose 9% cooldown or get 330 Holy Damage but only swing 1.09 times a second.

nawwafh

The gem gets moved to your inventory when you salvage at the blacksmith.
I didn't know this either and kept on removing the gems at the jeweler without checking the prices, suddenly all my money was gone.

Awesome.. thanks man..
Also.. what if i sell a socketed item?
Does the gem get sold too? or does it go into my inventory?

Loginius

How come I always end up on the short stick?

Bought the game a third! time to play with my console friends and now it wont let me join mp games, just gets stuck on the loading screen forever...

Xbox One version btw... blizzard doesn't even have support tickets for the console version, they just redirect you to ms/sony like they can help me if youre game is borked blizz!

Created a thread on the official forum but I´m not all that hopeful, damn, this was kinda supposed to bridge the gap do destiny and now it probably wont even work until that game releases.

yamo

wut. Firestarter Crusader melts faces.

o0.. I never think I used a firebased skill so far! Suppose I have to look into some different builds.

Edit: I actually used Akarat's Champion with the Fire Starter rune a ton! But in the description is only says, "burns enemies with the power of Akarat"... I just supposed it was some kinda holy burn as I am a Crusader.
The description is not too helpful!

tmespe

You can reroll it at the mystic if you don't want fire damage.

Apologies for not reading all the huge thread... A few questions

- What's the most fun class (totally subjective I know)? Playing barbarian atm and not digging it that much

- Is it normal to swap skills mid fight, e.g. aoe attack swapped to single target dps

- I just got a blacksmith, is it worth salvaging items and skilling up smithing? Are there other crafters coming & same question re skilling them up

- Is it worth keeping lower level stuff in my stash or should I just vendor/salvage it and only save legendary/rare for other characters?

- any good class guides? Eg should I go 2h/dual wield on barbarian, or use a shield? What skills give best dps/survivability/etc

george_us

I've bought this game 3 times now. Perfect game to keep me busy till destiny drops.
I bought this game for the same reason. The irony is now I'm not sure if I'll be able to tear myself away from Diablo to even play Destiny haha. Almost every time sat down and told myself I'll only play D3 for 30 minutes, I wind up playing for 3 hours.

k1t4j

I thought the extra difficulties unlocked when you finished the game?

I am level 61 beginning of ACT3 now and just noticed Master is unlocked for me now...

Could swear it wasn't like this before

yamo

iirc the console has detailed descriptions as well, right? Might want to look into turning that on. But yeah, fire and holy are the two strongest elements for crusader right now by a pretty long shot.

Sweet! I found the advanced tooltips in the options menu, this will help a lot!

How do you view the stats of an item on the ground without picking it up to compare to currently equipped item?

I would also like to ask if there is a button similar to the alt key for the PC version?

Thanks.

I still have not encountered a Nemesis on my own, only time I've encountered one is when I was playing with random people.

I don't have anyone on my friend list with Diablo 3(They swear by PC/Steam only),is that the reason?

I'm having a blast this is a complete new experience to the PC version, both are fun playing.

I thought the extra difficulties unlocked when you finished the game?

I am level 61 beginning of ACT3 now and just noticed Master is unlocked for me now...

Could swear it wasn't like this before
Normal, Hard, and Expert available from the first minute, Master unlocks after you beat Act IV (main game, not RoS), and all of the Torment difficulties should be unlocked after you hit level 60. Maybe if you hit 60 before finishing Act IV they just unlock Master as well? It'd be silly to have the hardest difficulty unlocked but not Master.

k1t4j

Normal, Hard, and Expert available from the first minute, Master unlocks after you beat Act IV (main game, not RoS), and all of the Torment difficulties should be unlocked after you hit level 60. Maybe if you hit 60 before finishing Act IV they just unlock Master as well? It'd be silly to have the hardest difficulty unlocked but not Master.

Ah! Maybe master unlocked after I hit 60, the Torment ones are still locked though. Maybe these ones will unlock after ACT IV?

Thanks mate

KGoogle

I'm playing torment 2 doing endless rifts and bounties but can't seem to find any better gear but if I up the difficulty I keep butchered

bender

What time is it?
Finished up the a hardcore campaign with a Wizard. I think I like the class a little more than the Witch Doctor but I haven't hit 70 yet. I fatigued a little bit with the Witch Doctor on the 3rd or 4th Torment tier in Adventure mode. Both are pretty interesting especially considering that I never play magic based classes in RPGs.

My friends list needs to pick it up. I've sent out close to 20 gifts and haven't received one back yet.

Jobbs

Banned
Is this game fun to play hardcore on? years ago, in diablo 2's prime, I played hardcore all the time. I found it absolutely thrilling. More often than not, my characters met their demise because of my 56k modem dropping connection (yes, I played hardcore on dial up, seriously) and that's probably the main reason I eventually stopped playing.

I have mostly skipped diablo 3. I got it for some reason when it came out, mostly just on good memories of 2, but I didn't like the lack of choice/talents/stats in the character building and kinda stopped playing rather quickly. But I could be persuaded to try it now on PS4 (I like playing things on PS4).

Top Bottom