• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

hydruxo

Okay so I just had 6 or 7 nemesis in my game at once. Heard the horns, and got ready then it was just one at first and I fought him for 10 secs....then I turn around and a whole mob of them runs at me. What. the. fuck.

Needless to say, I gave up and let them kill me as soon as I saw them.
Sorry for the shitty pic, I just had to upload this quickly because I was so surprised haha

tumblr_nasixze7WA1r0kz1fo1_500.jpg

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
The nemesis music really gets your heart pounding, doesn't it? It's definitely become an "OH, SHIT!!!" inducer. As someone who took every character type to level 60 on BOTH previous console releases, I'm clearly on a path to redo that here as well. I so love this game!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Okay so I just had 6 or 7 nemesis in my game at once. Heard the horns, and got ready then it was just one at first and I fought him for 10 secs....then I turn around and a whole mob of them runs at me. What. the. fuck.

Sorry for the shitty pic, I just had to upload this quickly because I was so surprised haha

I had one spawn within seconds of the other one dying.

xkramz

If you're going for Torment 6 your only real option is the Marauder set. The only item pretty much required to make it work well (outside of the set items themselves) is a quiver called Bombadier's Rucksack, though there are other items you want to look out for depending on a bunch of factors that don't matter for you right now.

As for how you get it, it's just all just random, you will get it over time from doing rifts and gambling at Kadala in town with blood shards.

Also if you want to look through items the blizz game guide is pretty good.
Okay thanks! Got it :D

Andrew.

Banned
Juuuust picked this up.

Looking at all these other builds, I think it's unfair that Demon Hunter has badass crossbow shooting. I mean, how am I supposed to pick any other class? I'm only level 6 and I already have rapid fire arrows even with a regular two-handed bow.

Seems pretty unfair to every other class.

XBO GT: KidInsomnia

Add me, brehs.

That's what I'm saying. I was not expecting isometric Lord of the rings Contra in ARPG form.

It's fucking beautiful.

What if you killed all of them?

Legendaries.

Legendaries everywhere.

The nemesis music really gets your heart pounding, doesn't it? It's definitely become an "OH, SHIT!!!" inducer. As someone who took every character type to level 60 on BOTH previous console releases, I'm clearly on a path to redo that here as well. I so love this game!

My heart will definitely be pounding if multiple Nemesis show up in my HC playthrough. I would most likely get #rekt

ZenaxPure

So I'm on Xbox One and getting a Diablo III servers not available message. Dunno why.

Blizz seems to be having trouble all day, earlier when I went to the official forums it just timed out, tried for like 20 minutes and nothing.

People in the PC thread have been having some issues as well.

Haines

Banned
I barely heard the hors when we saw a nemesis but maybe that's because effects are turned down.

He was easy. Didn't pick up a gift I don't think

beanman25

In love with Adventure mode. Had a pretty boring Saturday socially, so I just put on my cans, jammed to my favorite albums and did bounties for hours.

SO GOOD.

The characters will be gone when the PS4 turns off if they're using "Guest" accounts. The system tells you this before letting you actually use a guest account.

If you created a local, non-PSN account, the data will be saved.
maaaan, I'm never gonna get my friend to play this with me again if his crusader that we killed the skeleton king with is gone forever.

game is a goddamn brodown. wish i had some bros.

Monk the Monk is up to level 52 and Act V. Killed one nemesis tonight and mailed out a couple of gifts. Picked up a few legendaries as well. Been going sword and board (for the extra defense) but I may have to switch it up so I can wield two of those legendaries together.

I wish I could see my guy via battle.net-- I'd love to be able to look him over outside the game.

nawwafh

Guys, I never play a Diablo game before, or any game this type for that matter. I've been a console player my entire life, and I was wondering if I should get it for Ps4. From what I've seen gameplay wise the game is not a looker, and $60 sounds kind of steep, but then again if the game is good, I wouldn't mind.

Should I wait for a sale or go all in? Can someone compare the game to something similar on consoles? I'm just kind scared of the top-down camera view I see from the gameplay videos, those type of games always turn me off, but somehow that's not happening with this game.

Please Gaf put my fears to rest.

Exact same situation as yours here... BUY IT!!!
this games like crack.. on co-op at least

JJD

Damn...I'm broke again! LOLOLOLOL!

After I received a very generous donation from our billionaire gaffer I sent 1 million to 8 random gaffers from my friend list and kept 1 million for me, decided to craft some set pieces and combine and remove all my jewels since I thought was fucking rich and now I'm down to less than 10K again! LOL!

Things get really expensive on this game!

Also I've been wondering, what would happen if I took all my equipment from my character and let some normal enemy kill me over and over again...would I be sending a horde of Nemesis for people on my friend list? I think I'll try that! :-D

Battle.net is getting hit by DDOS attacks which is why there are currently a ton of server issues.
Sucks since I literally JUST bought it on Xbox One digital. Ah well hopefully it'll install overnight and when I wake up the issues will be fixed.

KaYotiX

Banned
I still think its hilarious that this game was panned when it launched on PC but now it's getting praised to the heavens on consoles

Blizzard redeemed?

(I enjoyed it immensely on PC, even at launch before they fixed it)

Reaper of Souls got praised on PC aswell

Xevren

After I received a very generous donation from our billionaire gaffer I sent 1 million to 8 random gaffers from my friend list and kept 1 million for me, decided to craft some set pieces and combine and remove all my jewels since I thought was fucking rich and now I'm down to less than 10K again! LOL!

Also I've been wondering, what would happen if I took all my equipment from my character and let some normal enemy kill me over and over again...would I be sending a horde of Nemesis for people on my friend list? I think I'll try that! :-D

I doubt anyone has even tried to purposely die to do that, would be pretty entertaining though. Just imagine all these horns going off and it's a simple zombie that killed you comes out of it, just hilarious.

I personally think they should let people pick any difficulty they want right away. Maybe one day they'll patch it in.

Agreed. Locking the difficulty levels is an idea that is so stupid that I fear the designers of the game might forget to breathe if the get distracted by a shiny piece of tin foil. Right now I am just playing so that I can unlock the higher difficulty levels so that I can start to really have fun with the game.

Does anybody know if someone who has not unlocked the higher difficulties will be able to play with me when I do? That'd be kind of a game breaker if they couldn't. I generally like to play coop with my friend but I'm taking one for the team in order to unlock a difficulty that we could enjoy.

Admodieus

Got back from the bar, decided to do one more Act 1 bounty run with my DH, got a Ring of Royal Grandeur out of the bag. One less thing to look for :)

Need to farm all out tomorrow to get some items to push me into Torment.

Aces&Eights

So, just pulled an 11 hour day. My head is fried and when I close my eyes I see health bars. Anyway, so I am now level 60 and just beat the end boss. I have the final act to start and my blacksmith still won't create anything special in the weapons area for me. What the hell? I still havn't found those little jar things to level him up past 10 and my friend who is only 4 levels above me has found like 5 of them. I do have some decent legendary gear but I want the badd ass 4000 damage axe/sword. Am I missing anything? Is this stuff what I will get in adventure mode? Or those bounty things?

barit

10m is nothing. Just wait till you craft the final gems. This alone will cost you some several millions. Better push gold bonus at lvl70. You gonna need it.

or ask that fellow gaffer for more gold xD

Turned it up to Expert at Level 22, much more balanced but still easy. Only died once, finishing up Act 1 at Level 29

Is there any punishment for death aside from losing item durability?
Is there no way of seeing your friend's characters without inviting them to a game?
Gems can't be removed from sockets, right?

So, just pulled an 11 hour day. My head is fried and when I close my eyes I see health bars. Anyway, so I am now level 60 and just beat the end boss. I have the final act to start and my blacksmith still won't create anything special in the weapons area for me. What the hell? I still havn't found those little jar things to level him up past 10 and my friend who is only 4 levels above me has found like 5 of them. I do have some decent legendary gear but I want the badd ass 4000 damage axe/sword. Am I missing anything? Is this stuff what I will get in adventure mode? Or those bounty things?
Think you pick them up in Act V because they added levels 11 and 12 with Reaper of Souls/Act V

Yeesh, Jeff on Giant Bomb wasn't kidding about the difficulty settings.

BTW, is there a way to cycle through followers on the options screen? I've had the Paladin backing up my Crusader, and just ran into the Scoundrel, but can't seem to figure out how to adjust his gear.

Thanks!
By going to the followers tab on your character menu you can view him, but you can only change his abilities, weapons, rings, necklace and the little trinket thing exclusive to followers.

Qassim

I still think its hilarious that this game was panned when it launched on PC but now it's getting praised to the heavens on consoles

Blizzard redeemed?

The game got an extremely great reception upon patch 2.0 and Reaper of Souls. The PS3/360 versions had some of the issues the PC version had fixed, like they initially had a better loot system and no auction house to push the player towards. Blizzard improved on that even more with patch 2.0 along with a load more things, that plus all the Reaper of Souls improvements really turned the game around on PC.

Blizzard redeemed?

I think the big issue with the original PC version was the Auction House. Because of that, drop-rates were basically shared among all players, so the chances of you getting anything good were absolute shite.

So this is odd, I've sent out a few gifts but I've only got two of them and I'm level 55. The weirder thing is the only two gifts I've gotten have been form the same friend, he's also the only one out of my friends list that I've actually played with. Is there some setting that I forgot to check or was it just a coincidence?

Wallach

So this is odd, I've sent out a few gifts but I've only got two of them and I'm level 55. The weirder thing is the only two gifts I've gotten have been form the same friend, he's also the only one out of my friends list that I've actually played with. Is there some setting that I forgot to check or was it just a coincidence?

Just random, I think. I have not yet hit any multiplayer and I've found gifts for a bunch of different people on my list.

Anyone else having an issue with the Act III in-game achievement "Beastmaster of Arreat"? 3 of the enemies they list for this are in Act IV so there is no way to get them in that act.

This isn't a PS Trophy/XB Achievement issue...just the in-game challenge

First Nemesis appears, right as I turn to Master difficulty for the first time.... got rekt. Also I didn't even notice any horns or vibration...

Edit: Also the Nemesis was the same guy I got the only two gifts from. Hm.

Xevren

Drop rates on gifts seem pretty low, or I'm just unlucky with them now. First day I got a ton but ever since I get maybe 1 a day.

Ugh, this game. I keep trying to take a break but 30 mins later the controller calls me back. First time I've actually dug into a Diablo game for more than an hour, I had no idea it was this addicting. And that feel when you find an orange item....

Top Bottom