• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

nubbe

Almost feel immortal... but don't do any damage :p

Dt9jPGE.jpg

JP

Decked out my Wizard in sweet SOTC gear:

wa34VOe.jpg
How do I access this stuff? Do I have to wait until I reach a certain level (22 now) as I've not seen any of it yet? The same for The Last of Us content? It's a downloadable version of the PS4 game that I'm using in the UK.

ZenaxPure

Wizard , dps around 430k , defence 880k don't know my crit chance off hand

Reaching higher Torment levels isn't something that really happens over night unless you get a crazy good streak of luck. Each step up is about 75% harder than the difficulty of the one before it and your stats don't jump up a ton at 70 through gear upgrades (since everything rolls the same stat ranges).

Basically what I'm getting at is what you are experiencing now is pretty natural, I know a lot of people have the image of these kinds of games where you are constantly just getting upgrades left and right and loot is meaningless since you will be replacing it, but, the reality is at endgame upgrades come fairly slow (compared to when you were leveling that is). Basically just buckle up and keep at it.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Anyone having trouble with the game?

It doesn't appear to connect to PSN, if I try to manually force it by selecting friends on the network settings, I get a window that says "Please wait a moment" and it gets stuck.

David___

Banned
How do I access this stuff? Do I have to wait until I reach a certain level (22 now) as I've not seen any of it yet? The same for The Last of Us content? It's a downloadable version of the PS4 game that I'm using in the UK.

The Last of Us stuff is a random rift in adventure mode. SOTC stuff is just cosmetics. You won't be able to change the look of your gear stuff until Act 5.

Noob Fu

I had a 60 Wiz on the PS3 and played him almost exclusively. But for the PS4 version I'm rolling a DH and a WD. My WD is 70 now and from 60 to 70 I've gotten 1 legendary (and one in the mail). I was getting legendary's almost constantly before. I'm playing on Master and Torrent 1 (going back and forth). WTF? Wheres the loot?
But I will give it this, of the 300-400 hours I spent on the PS3 I accumulated perhaps 3 marquis gems. I got that in a hour on the PS4. So Yeah! to that :)

JP

The Last of Us stuff is a random rift in adventure mode. SOTC stuff is just cosmetics. You won't be able to change the look of your gear stuff until Act 5.
Ah thanks, I'm along way from both of those at the moment, just read up about Transmorgrification now. I think I need to spend some time reading through Blizzard's Guide as there's so much going on in this game that I know nothing about yet.

General question for people, have people been playing with different characters at the same time? I'm think about starting a second character even though I'm only at Level 22 at the moment.

weevles

Anyone having trouble with the game?

It doesn't appear to connect to PSN, if I try to manually force it by selecting friends on the network settings, I get a window that says "Please wait a moment" and it gets stuck.

PSN seems down for me too. Hawaii/West Coast.

Silurus

Even though I was a big PC gamer when 1 and 2 came out I never played them and the only Blizzard games I had played was Blackthorne, Rock and Roll Racing and Lost Vikings on the Super NES. Had my first Diablo experience by playing through 3 on the PS3. Enjoyed it so got it on the PS4 and absolutely loving it. Was up till 02:30 playing it.

Anyone know if any more expansions are planned?

antitrop

I don't think they planned to do another one, but after selling 20 million+ copies of D3 and RoS LTD, I wouldn't be surprised if plans change.

I bet they wish they could take back that second StarCraft II expansion now.

Nokterian

Even though I was a big PC gamer when 1 and 2 came out I never played them and the only Blizzard game I had played was Blackthorne on the Super NES. Had my first Diablo experience by playing through 3 on the PS3. Enjoyed it so got it on the PS4 and absolutely loving it. Was up till 02:30 playing it.

There going to release a big patch on PC in the next few weeks with 2.1. Witch will bring greater rifts that are more difficult and give better loot and also Legendary gems and seasons but seasons are not for now coming to consoles.

o0.. I never think I used a firebased skill so far! Suppose I have to look into some different builds.

Edit: I actually used Akarat's Champion with the Fire Starter rune a ton! But in the description is only says, "burns enemies with the power of Akarat"... I just supposed it was some kinda holy burn as I am a Crusader.
The description is not too helpful!

Get a dark light and use fist of heaven with the fire rune, just face roll torments laughing all the way.

Yesterday I was joined by a guy who was shooting double lasers and spawning domes and group of four electrified soldier, it looked damn amazing. Which class is that?

SeanTSC

The sound design in this game is driving me absolutely bonkers. Crusader attacks are way too loud compared to everything else and I have to turn effects way down. I currently have them at 60 and everything else at 100. That makes some sounds too muted, but any louder and some stuff is too loud and if I turn it to 100 then effects are completely overpowering.

I can fix it by turning on some some of my receiver's sound processing, which I really don't want to do, and use Dynamic Volume controls to even things out, but I really shouldn't have to do that and it doesn't work that well.

Also it sounds like it's outputting an All Channels Same signal which is just terrible and the Sides/Backs get the same sounds pumped through them as the Fronts which is just totally wrong. You either use Sides/Backs for Side/Back sounds or you do *not* use them at all. I ended up forcing my speakers into Stereo mode and I'm pretty sure that's the only real output it does anyways.

On a totally different note - Major thanks to whoever sent me 10 mil. =) I missed the name, unfortunately (was pretty tired). Will try to help out and pay it forward in someway to someone.

JJD

The sound design in this game is driving me absolutely bonkers. Crusader attacks are way too loud compared to everything else and I have to turn effects way down. I currently have them at 60 and everything else at 100. That makes some sounds too muted, but any louder and some stuff is too loud and if I turn it to 100 then effects are completely overpowering.

I can fix it by turning on some some of my receiver's sound processing, which I really don't want to do, and use Dynamic Volume controls to even things out, but I really shouldn't have to do that and it doesn't work that well.

Also it sounds like it's outputting an All Channels Same signal which is just terrible and the Sides/Backs get the same sounds pumped through them as the Fronts which is just totally wrong. You either use Sides/Backs for Side/Back sounds or you do *not* use them at all. I ended up forcing my speakers in Stereo mode and I'm pretty sure that's the only real output it does anyways.

It's not a Crusader thing. Attack sound effects are too high IMO.

CoolZombie

Quick question, does the last of us and shadow of the colossus stuff just show up during the normal game on ps4 or do I have to redeem a code?

SeanTSC

It's not a Crusader thing. Attack sound effects are too high IMO.

Ah, gotcha. I haven't tried other classes on the console versions yet. Didn't feel like I had this problem on my PC with my DH when I was playing the game when it first released.

Barrett2

I've never played a diablo game before so sorry for this basic question. I've been playing 3~ hours, on the "Search For Chancellor's Alter Beneath Cemetary" quest and I keep dying a lot. I lowered difficulty from expert to normal but still getting killed. Is it supposed to take dozens of attacks to kill enemies or should I be foraging for better gear before I attempt these story missions?

So i got this ring with Magic find % i want to use it but the rest of the stats suck ass. Can i give it to my follower and still get the bonus or will it only apply to the minions he kill?

I've never played a diablo game before so sorry for this basic question. I've been playing 3~ hours, on the "Search For Chancellor's Alter Beneath Cemetary" quest and I keep dying a lot. I lowered difficulty from expert to normal but still getting killed. Is it supposed to take dozens of attacks to kill enemies or should I be foraging for better gear before I attempt these story missions?

thats a first, you must be doing something wrong.... are you using your "powers"?

Hi guys. Newbie question

I'm trying to play online (ps4) but whenever I go to find games I can't see any!!

I have the US version of the game but I'm not based in US now.

Would appreciate some help

Wanchan

Hi guys. Newbie question

I'm trying to play online (ps4) but whenever I go to find games I can't see any!!

I have the US version of the game but I'm not based in US now.

Would appreciate some help

On the main menu, press R3 to bring the network settings up, set it to Open To Public.

Cider X

Another question for Diablo GAF: I received 2 gifts yesterday but they were only rare quality. I thought gifts were guaranteed legendaries?

I actually have another question

I linked my battle.net account and I didn't receive the "legendary" item.. Or did I?

Sorry for the newbie Qs

Edit:

Another question for Diablo GAF: I received 2 gifts yesterday but they were only rare quality. I thought gifts were guaranteed legendaries?

How do you receive gifts? Is it from linking your accounts?

Wallach

I think the guaranteed gifts that drop when a Nemesis is killed are only rares. Maybe those have a chance to roll Legendary, but all the ones I picked up from killing them were rare.

Abelian75

Neo Member
Nemesis seems to pop up during cutscenes, and proceeds to kill me without me being able to do anything or notice it's there. Level 63 Wizard, got a few hundred hours in the PC version and expect a similar amount of time in the PS4 version.

Oh, THAT'S what happened to me. After I finished Act 3, the cutscene just kinda stopped suddenly and when I could see myself again, I was dead. That must have been what happened.

That's also the only Nemesis I've "seen" so far too, dammit. Heh.

So, I'm totally out of the loop on Diablo III - all I know about it is the controversy of the PC version, which is absent for the PS3 version (AFAIK). For someone who has enjoyed everything Diablo since he was eight, is the actual game very well-done? How's the PS3 online scene?

scakko84

ItaGAF here, downloaded the 37gb digital version, eu psn account, tried both english us/uk as system language but d3 is still booting up in italian, i really want to play it in english... any advice?

Thanks in advance...

P.s. With the retail version i was able to play in english flawlessly...

Taz

So i got this ring with Magic find % i want to use it but the rest of the stats suck ass. Can i give it to my follower and still get the bonus or will it only apply to the minions he kill?

You can but you'll get a % but don't worry because MF was nerfed anyways so it's not important stat any more.

Woorloog

Banned
So, I'm totally out of the loop on Diablo III - all I know about it is the controversy of the PC version, which is absent for the PS3 version (AFAIK). For someone who has enjoyed everything Diablo since he was eight, is the actual game very well-done? How's the PS3 online scene?

That's rather open question.
The PC version's issues were always online (still is), real money auction house, auction house (both gone), bad loot (gone), and probably something else, some fixed with Reaper of Souls.
The game is fun. It is not Diablo 1 or 2, it is different but it is fun. Probably. I like Diablo 3 despite that i usually don't give a shit about loot or hack-n-slash genre in the first place.

Online and local player limit is 4, PVP is limited to a sort of dueling arena.
No comment on PS3 online scene, playing on 360.
EDIT and as noted, console versions do not have always online requirement. Best versions.

Top Bottom