• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

That's rather open question.
The PC version's issues were always online (still is), real money auction house, auction house (both gone), bad loot (gone), and probably something else, some fixed with Reaper of Souls.
The game is fun. It is not Diablo 1 or 2, it is different but it is fun. Probably. I like Diablo 3 despite that i usually don't give a shit about loot or hack-n-slash genre in the first place.

Online and local player limit is 4, PVP is limited to a sort of dueling arena.
No comment on PS3 online scene, playing on 360.

Hmm... so Diablo III is still always-online for PS3?

Man you guys are lucky you have girlfriends that play video games with you :(

My girlfriend calls me a child and thinks that grown men should not play games...and almost break up over it.

So i have to sneak out of bed just to squeeze couple of hours on ps4. Sucks.

You need to break up with your girlfriend. If she cares about you she should support the hobbies that are important to you. I was in a similar relationship and trust me, it can be better.

My wife and I played Diablo for ten hours yesterday. She never played games before we got together.

You can do better!

Wallach

Outside of a couple errands, I pretty much threw all of Saturday at this game, and I'll probably do the same today.

My Barbarian is trucking along in T1 now. Today had some pretty decent drops:

- Raekor chest
- Shard of Hate (RIP)
- Magefist

Lots of other random stuff thrown in there, but most of it was sacrificed for enchanting. Still haven't gotten my RRoG yet so I haven't really left A1 bounties except to do some rifts.

Had a rift today where I think I chained a single Massacre from the entrance to where the RG spawned (though him knocking me back and my charge clipping a tree ended it before he died). Felt pretty bad ass.

I'm really enjoying Barbarian, but I have to say, Fury as a resource is kind of shit. Almost everything you can actually spend Fury on sucks, even though Fury is the hardest of the five resources to manage. I don't really get it, nor why most of the buffs in the upcoming 2.1 patch are for the generators when the spenders are so out of whack. I think if the endgame sets were actually based around spenders instead of CDs this class would pretty much be booty sweat tier for the high end content. Strikes me as odd that even in this upcoming patch they seem to be trying to work around the problem instead of addressing it.

Can I go on with my solo run while the PSN servers are being attacked or will I run into problems? Because if that is the case I'll just stay outside enjoying the sun.

ldcommando

Banned
You need to break up with your girlfriend. If she cares about you she should support the hobbies that are important to you. I was in a similar relationship and trust me, it can be better.

My wife and I played Diablo for ten hours yesterday. She never played games before we got together.

You can do better!

Also playing couch coop with the wife, its pretty good. She does take forever on the menus though.

Raxious

The demo is no longer available on PS3.

Going for that Dream Team Trophy/Achievement? What's your method of power leveling?

Bounties on a difficulty that you're able to clear it as easy as possible. The only 2 classes I'm using for the story was the Witch Doctor ( first class ) , and the 2nd will be the Demon Hunter in Hardcore. If I knew the WD was so easy I would have used that one in Hardcore, but o well. That way when I level my DH to 70, I'm getting the all classes @ 70, and HC character @ 70 trophy.

Bounties on a difficulty that you're able to clear it as easy as possible. The only 2 classes I'm using for the story was the Witch Doctor ( first class ) , and the 2nd will be the Demon Hunter in Hardcore. If I knew the WD was so easy I would have used that one in Hardcore, but o well. That way when I level my DH to 70, I'm getting the all classes @ 70, and HC character @ 70 trophy.

I've got a HC Crusader that I'm trying to beat the story with + get to level 70. I'm scared to bump the difficulty past Hard lol.

yamo

So I just got this RoRG drop from a Horadric cache. I heard it's good even though I haven't seen much set pieces so far. Should I enchant it and re-roll any property for my Crusader?

Also my damage is pretty pathetic to what I seen from some of you guys. Still i'm doing pretty well doing bounties on Torment difficulty. Only one death so far. :)

kUbb.jpg

So am I understanding this correctly.....?

After hitting level 70 I should create other characters who will then benefit from my earned Paragon points.

I can bring these low level characters into my level 70 game (playing co-op with my wife) and level them up quickly.

Right?

So I just got this RoRG drop from a Horadric cache. I heard it's good even though I haven't seen much set pieces so far. Should I enchant it and re-roll any property for my Crusader?

Also my damage is pretty pathetic to what I seen from some of you guys. Still i'm doing pretty well doing bounties on Torment difficulty. Only one death so far. :)

I can't see your pic

Edit: now I see it

Damn your Crusader looks awesome!

Also playing couch coop with the wife, its pretty good. She does take forever on the menus though.

I know it drives me crazy! She's just started handing me the controller to clean up her inventory because it was taking her forever.

And worse yet, she didn't want to get rid of anything. Had to break her of that, lol.

Wallach

I don't know much about Crusaders, but I'd probably roll the LpS off for critical chance. The Stone of Jordan I'd probably do the same with the area damage, but I don't know how good WpS is on Crusader so maybe that's an option too.

Those are the two rings you want to be wearing for now, though. Good finds.

Dragoshi1

Rolled a Monk, went from Lv1-18 in one 6 hour sitting after playing with a work friend.

He was a Lv25 wizard, so I like the game balanced itself to both of us(I was lv10 when we decided to play together).

I also really like the Monk, tons of flashy moves, and that quick damaging teleport move is one of the cool moves the Monk has.

Rolled a Monk, went from Lv1-18 in one 6 hour sitting after playing with a work friend.

He was a Lv25 wizard, so I like the game balanced itself to both of us(I was lv10 when we decided to play together).

I also really like the Monk, tons of flashy moves, and that quick damaging teleport move is one of the cool moves the Monk has.

That move is one of my favorites, also the one where you can move really quickly, helps for massacres, and his healing power.

Fuck I love my monk.

yamo

I can't see your pic

Edit: now I see it

Damn your Crusader looks awesome!

Working hard to look fashionable :)

I don't know much about Crusaders, but I'd probably roll the LpS off for critical chance. The Stone of Jordan I'd probably do the same with the area damage, but I don't know how good WpS is on Crusader so maybe that's an option too.

Those are the two rings you want to be wearing for now, though. Good finds.

All right, think i'll try and re-roll the LpS on the RoRG.

Not sure how good the area damage bonus is... I like area damage though :p

SDCowboy

Is anyone else rarely getting any gifts? I've been getting a ton for other people, but have only received a couple for myself. :(

Jinjo

So yesterday I was co-opping with a friend and Nemesis appeared that had killed 4 dudes before. I was doing ok, but my buddy died and I teleported away for a bit to heal up, but the nemesis was nowhere to found after? Does it just disappear after it kills a single person (I was the host)? Kinda lame, because I was doing quite well against him, but because of my scrublord buddy I now missed some awesome loot.

prudislav

Sometimes I feel that we on PC were just betatesters for obviously superior console versions and action nonscence :-( As its already optimized, improved and without DRM bullshit that is on PC
Faith in Blizzard lost forever :-(

Taz

Working hard to look fashionable :)

All right, think i'll try and re-roll the LpS on the RoRG.

Not sure how good the area damage bonus is... I like area damage though :p

You want to roll crit on both rings , unless your crit chance is 40%+ already then roll crit damage or cooldown reduction depending on your build

Xevren

Outside of a couple errands, I pretty much threw all of Saturday at this game, and I'll probably do the same today.

My Barbarian is trucking along in T1 now. Today had some pretty decent drops:

- Raekor chest
- Shard of Hate (RIP)
- Magefist

Lots of other random stuff thrown in there, but most of it was sacrificed for enchanting. Still haven't gotten my RRoG yet so I haven't really left A1 bounties except to do some rifts.

Had a rift today where I think I chained a single Massacre from the entrance to where the RG spawned (though him knocking me back and my charge clipping a tree ended it before he died). Felt pretty bad ass.

I'm really enjoying Barbarian, but I have to say, Fury as a resource is kind of shit. Almost everything you can actually spend Fury on sucks, even though Fury is the hardest of the five resources to manage. I don't really get it, nor why most of the buffs in the upcoming 2.1 patch are for the generators when the spenders are so out of whack. I think if the endgame sets were actually based around spenders instead of CDs this class would pretty much be booty sweat tier for the high end content. Strikes me as odd that even in this upcoming patch they seem to be trying to work around the problem instead of addressing it.

It's funny, outside of you and me I haven't seen a single other barb yet. Either through my friends list or in public games. I got a RROG today but it was god awful :(

Kyoufu

Sometimes I feel that we on PC were just betatesters for obviously superior console versions and action nonscence :-( As its already optimized, improved and without DRM bullshit that is on PC

That "DRM bullshit" keeps the PC version cheater-free though. It's a whole different ball game to the console versions. Each has their pros/cons.

Belgorim

PC version is in a great spot now imo. Will get even better with 2.1

Oh, I had no idea it was hacked. Now I feel bad. lol

Apparently, they aren't trying to hack for information, they're just sending scripts to screw with the service. The same "hackers" have been doing this to League of Legends and Blizzard servers lately.

Damn, that sucks. Do we know how long it's supposed to be down for?

There's maintenance planned for August 25th starting at 9:40AM PST, I believe.

(PSN) Frost-Fiend here,

Diablo Gaf is insane. I mean wow. The only Gaf member I saw at Lvl 1 was HeyBro_ , I went did something with my kids and a couple hours later he/she was at Lvl 45. I can't keep up. I told myself that I wanted to beat the story once by myself and explore every nook and cranny before I played with other Gaf members but by the time that happens everyone on Gaf is would probably have moved on to another game.

Also to everyone that has added me, I hope I'm not annoying by mailing you the low Lvl rare gear I come across. I seriously thought I'll be able to keep up with my fellow Gaf members and I do believe in paying it forward but I won't be able to pay it forward with better stuff until I catch up with you all.

meppi

I can't even fucking play. Downloaded digitally.

On PS4? Shouldn't it work regardless if you set your system to be your primary PS4?

Oh and if anyone wants to add me, it's meppi64 on PSN.
First time playing it and I have a level 24 Demon Hunter right now.
Only bought it yesterday and somehow ended up playing for 11 hours in 1 day. Holy crap...

Camper182

what the fuck, why can't i play the game because the PSN servers are down? it wasnt like this on PS3, where you could just play any game you had on the HDD no matter if PSN was down or not.

fuck sake, is this a type of DRM then ? I cant play my digitally downloaded game without being connected to the internet? tsss

moai

so i owned this game for ps3, but i was asking myself if i should double dip. does the game have any graphical upgrades besides 1080p and 60 fps?

what the fuck, why can't i play the game because the PSN servers are down? it wasnt like this on PS3, where you could just play any game you had on the HDD no matter if PSN was down or not.

fuck sake, is this a type of DRM then ? I cant play my digitally downloaded game without being connected to the internet? tsss

Do you have your PS4 set as your primary system under your PSN account?

Yikes. So PSN is going to be down today and tomorrow?

Most likely, yeah.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm playing just fine on PS4, have been playing since the DDoS. No problems whatsoever [other than no online connectivity, obviously].

Top Bottom