• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

prudislav

That "DRM bullshit" keeps the PC version cheater-free though. It's a whole different ball game to the console versions. Each has their pros/cons.
well never cared about cheaters as i (like in every coop game) play only with my friends and not with random asshole strangers
As for DRM PC version is quite a lagfest for me compared to offline console version - but i guess my 50 Mbps connection is not enough for D3 to be fluid like console version without DRM

Wallach

It's funny, outside of you and me I haven't seen a single other barb yet. Either through my friends list or in public games. I got a RROG today but it was god awful :(

It's still a RRoG, though. Better than the Leoric's Amulet I got.

Just watched this "Tavern Talk" stream they had, where they went over their reasoning for not buffing spenders directly, and I suppose it makes sense. They just need to get those items into the game sooner than later. Gameplay choices get too narrow towards the very high end content right now as it is, and the 2.1 patch is going to put a lot more pressure on that aspect of the game when Greater Rifts scale well beyond T6 difficulty. Still, it means they have a plan.

SJRB

Gold Member
Having the Enchantress as a buddy is awesome, seeing her hex some powerful enemy into a chicken always makes me chuckle.

Also, she's weird as hell. There's no way she is NOT Luna Lovegood.

Ha. Wish you wrote this a few hours ago. I had some knife thingy drop for Witch Doctor what was a level 21 or something (legendary) but it did like 5 times the damage as yours does and had tons of sweet effect. Since I'm a Crusader, I salvaged it, lol.

Damn. Yeah I salvage a lot of stuff for other classes, too. Although if it's legendary I'll hang onto it until I see someone from my friends list who is around the item's level and of the same class, and I'll mail it to them.

Hoodbury

Killed a Nemesis that had Forsaken's name on his belt. When I killed it, it dropped a legendary gift for Forsaken as well. Was that just odd luck or is that how the Nemesis system works?

I knew the people who it killed in the past also get a reward, but I wasn't sure it was in the form of a gifted legendary.

Speaking of followers. I got the scoundrel but didn't take him with me. Is he somewhere where I can talk to him if I decided to take him? Or is he gone forever

Strider

what the fuck, why can't i play the game because the PSN servers are down? it wasnt like this on PS3, where you could just play any game you had on the HDD no matter if PSN was down or not.

fuck sake, is this a type of DRM then ? I cant play my digitally downloaded game without being connected to the internet? tsss

No. I had this happen with other games when PSN was down once. I had to disconnect my ethernet cable from the console and then it worked. IDK it's some kind of weird error, but when PSN goes down just remove the internet connection entirely from your system.

Well, i feel rather silly. Have a Crusader into paragon 40 or so, been playing a lot all week.

Only just noticed you can upgrade the stash! I was thinking 20 felt so tight, and i remember being able to upgrade it in the PC version (which i have not played since launch). Well, R3 button! I mean it clearly says upgrade stash on the left side too, totally my fault. Silly me.

EDIT: To join in the current conversation i am playing currently, and have a digital copy of the game without issue. People need to make sure they authorize there consoles as their primary. There is no strange DRM stuff going on here, don't overreact.

-PXG-

Edit

I just played for like 3 hours straight offline...Just saying. There is no online DRM

Anyway, Nephalem Rifts are no joke, especially on Torment. I just finished my first one.

Oh and there are higher level gems than marquise?!?! Holy shit this game.

Haybro

(PSN) Frost-Fiend here,

Diablo Gaf is insane. I mean wow. The only Gaf member I saw at Lvl 1 was HeyBro_ , I went did something with my kids and a couple hours later he/she was at Lvl 45. I can't keep up. I told myself that I wanted to beat the story once by myself and explore every nook and cranny before I played with other Gaf members but by the time that happens everyone on Gaf is would probably have moved on to another game.

Also to everyone that has added me, I hope I'm not annoying by mailing you the low Lvl rare gear I come across. I seriously thought I'll be able to keep up with my fellow Gaf members and I do believe in paying it forward but I won't be able to pay it forward with better stuff until I catch up with you all.

It's funny because I (haybro_) feel the same way. I'm only level 27 now and, everyone I've added has shot up in rank. Keep sending that loot! I try to randomly send stuff out every time I play even though I'm lower rank than most. Also shout out to Agent_shortbus, he sent some legendary gear yesterday that I can't wait to use once I level up!

I got 5 legendaries today. All of them worse than the pieces I have on. I want to move up to T2 but if I don't get any new gear then it may not be possible.

Oh my god, I was like 98% through a huge ass dungeon in act 3 and then I wanted to manually sign in to PSN. Now I'm stuck on a blue screen.

Does this game have some kind of auto-save during one area or do I need to replay it again? -.-

EDIT: Phew, I was able to sign out my controller, and after logging in everything was fine again. Man that would have pissed me off now.

Taz

Hopefully they are going to fix the dupe exploit very soon. :(

They won't and they can't because your save files are local , it's the price you pay for having offline , the only way they could do it is like the PC where you need to be online to play the game.

The sound design in this game is driving me absolutely bonkers. Crusader attacks are way too loud compared to everything else and I have to turn effects way down. I currently have them at 60 and everything else at 100. That makes some sounds too muted, but any louder and some stuff is too loud and if I turn it to 100 then effects are completely overpowering.

I can fix it by turning on some some of my receiver's sound processing, which I really don't want to do, and use Dynamic Volume controls to even things out, but I really shouldn't have to do that and it doesn't work that well.

Also it sounds like it's outputting an All Channels Same signal which is just terrible and the Sides/Backs get the same sounds pumped through them as the Fronts which is just totally wrong. You either use Sides/Backs for Side/Back sounds or you do *not* use them at all. I ended up forcing my speakers into Stereo mode and I'm pretty sure that's the only real output it does anyways.

On a totally different note - Major thanks to whoever sent me 10 mil. =) I missed the name, unfortunately (was pretty tired). Will try to help out and pay it forward in someway to someone.
This game is just way too loud in general.
I have to turn down my volume so much, even games that already were too loud before are too quiet when I leave it at that setting lol.

bidguy

Banned
can you get legendaries from the bloodshard vendor ? i must have gave her 1000 shards now and no legendary

nwm just got one lol

How does the gift system work in the game?

I thought that all the gift boxes you find and send to friends were supposed to have legendary items, but I've received three gifts so far: one legendary scoundrel token and two random yellows. Is it possible that the yellow ones were sent manually? You're bound to get a ton of junk mail if the gifts can be non-legs

How does the gift system work in the game?

I thought that all the gift boxes you find and send to friends were supposed to have legendary items, but I've received three gifts so far: one legendary scoundrel token and two random yellows. Is it possible that the yellow ones were sent manually? You're bound to get a ton of junk mail if the gifts can be non-legs

Player gifts are lengendary items, but they can also send other (non legendary) items via mail box.

Drame

Dream Team done!

Got my last class to 70, which was the Wizard. Now to the real hunt begins - loot for every class.

peull

adventure mode here! have a question! there are bonuses for doing all act 1 and 2 bounties. i completed them and now theres no bonuses for act 3-5? only act 1 & 2 bonuses reset....

Xevren

adventure mode here! have a question! there are bonuses for doing all act 1 and 2 bounties. i completed them and now theres no bonuses for act 3-5? only act 1 & 2 bonuses reset....

Bonuses aren't like they are on pc, they usually switch over once a day and cycle through the acts. But here it's always been act 1/2 since it came out and who knows if it's going to be changed. It's just extra shards so whatever.

peull

Bonuses aren't like they are on pc, they usually switch over once a day and cycle through the acts. But here it's always been act 1/2 since it came out and who knows if it's going to be changed. It's just extra shards so whatever.

just extra shards? i get a handful set of random items including weapons even sometimes a legendary!

Top Bottom