• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Anyone have any screenshots of how local 2p mode looks?

Now?

11686437-sad-couple-mad-at-each-other-in-their-living-room.jpg

PS4 local co-op question:

I don't have a PS4 yet; waiting for the white bundle on 9/9. I do have a PS3 and a PSN account. I'm planning to play couch co-op with my wife on PS4.

Could she go ahead and set up a PSN account on the PS3 to later use on PS4? Or do we have to wait until we actually have the PS4 to create her account so she can save her own character in the game?

Haybro

Probably a dumb question, but how does the loot work online?

I had a fellow gaffer jump into my game yesterday, and when we killed the witch I took all the loot. Does the other player get their own loot?

peull

I had a fellow gaffer jump into my game yesterday, and when we killed the witch I took all the loot. Does the other player get their own loot?

each player gets his own loot. you can drop some you dont want for others though

Wallach

Pets? How do you get pets? I have pre-order dog but he seems to do nothing.

Some classes have skills that summon combat pets. That helm is for Witch Doctors, who have a bunch of different spells that involve pets.

Yeah, loot is per-player, so they got their own individual drops.

Some classes have skills that summon combat pets. That helm is for Witch Doctors, who have a bunch of different spells that involve pets.

Yeah, loot is per-player, so they got their own individual drops.

Oh :( my crusader needs something better than a dog. I guess horses will have to do.

Wallach

Oh :( my crusader needs something better than a dog. I guess horses will have to do.

I think Crusaders have a skill to summon some archers or warriors or something, which would count as pets for purposes of affixes like that. Though you couldn't equip that particular item since it is a Voodoo Mask, which only Witch Doctors can equip.

I think Crusaders have a skill to summon some archers or warriors or something, which would count as pets for purposes of affixes like that. Though you couldn't equip that particular item since it is a Voodoo Mask, which only Witch Doctors can equip.
Phalanx. Bowmen4Lyfe!

Quoting myself from earlier page... Can anyone help?

Apologies for not reading all the huge thread... A few questions

- What's the most fun class (totally subjective I know)? Playing barbarian atm and not digging it that much

- Is it normal to swap skills mid fight, e.g. aoe attack swapped to single target dps

- I just got a blacksmith, is it worth salvaging items and skilling up smithing? Are there other crafters coming & same question re skilling them up

- Is it worth keeping lower level stuff in my stash or should I just vendor/salvage it and only save legendary/rare for other characters?

- any good class guides? Eg should I go 2h/dual wield on barbarian, or use a shield? What skills give best dps/survivability/etc

I love the bowmen but found spamming the running horses do way more damage. Tried the two knights of the order but they're kinda useless.
But with the bowman mobs get distracted. Gives you opportunity to do other stuff

Also I'm loosening up to demon hunter. The walk and gun is good with the life leech skill lol

- What's the most fun class (totally subjective I know)? Playing barbarian atm and not digging it that much

- Is it normal to swap skills mid fight, e.g. aoe attack swapped to single target dps

- I just got a blacksmith, is it worth salvaging items and skilling up smithing? Are there other crafters coming & same question re skilling them up

- Is it worth keeping lower level stuff in my stash or should I just vendor/salvage it and only save legendary/rare for other characters?

- any good class guides? Eg should I go 2h/dual wield on barbarian, or use a shield? What skills give best dps/survivability/etc

1. Wizard

2. I don't know what that means. You change your skills all the time depending on the mobs, boss fight or location / difficulty.

3. Yes. Level up smithing, jewel crafting and enchantment.

4. SAve legendaries for a little while but I tend to salvage them as you need the crafting mats later.

5. WIzard. Intelligence. Source in one hand sick weapon in another. Just keep playing and you will get the hang of it. Make sure you have ticked elective mode in the options.

So am I understanding this correctly.....?

After hitting level 70 I should create other characters who will then benefit from my earned Paragon points.

I can bring these low level characters into my level 70 game (playing co-op with my wife) and level them up quickly.

Right?

Can someone answer this for me?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I haven't played since just before the expac, but my two favorite classes were WD and Wiz. Barb was also my least favorite to level.

Yes on skills, but subjectively. Use your big AoE stuff to clean up trash, but your single target skills on champions or other high HP stuff (like Key Wardens).

I've heard crafting is much more worth it than it was back when D3 dropped. Definitely a good way to get early gear I'd drops are stingy. I prefer Jeweler first, though.

Kind of in line with my previous response - blacksmith will be able to supply you low-mid level gear on new toons. Keep the legendaries for fun, or if you're running out of space, no harm in getting rid of them. Salvage them for rare crafting mats (if that's still a thing).

Tons of guides out there - check the b.net forums for tons of various builds and end-game gearing info. But really, early on and on lower difficulties, you're fully able to experiment and not worry about the efficiency since you're not farming MP10 or Torment 6 or whatever the max difficulty is now.

ImboSlice

So, finished the game von 70/8. Love it so far.
So far.
What do I do now? Where do I farm? Can someone point me in a faint direction, just so I got SOME clue?

1. Wizard

2. I don't know what that means. You change your skills all the time depending on the mobs, boss fight or location / difficulty.

3. Yes. Level up smithing, jewel crafting and enchantment.

4. SAve legendaries for a little while but I tend to salvage them as you need the crafting mats later.

5. WIzard. Intelligence. Source in one hand sick weapon in another. Just keep playing and you will get the hang of it. Make sure you have ticked elective mode in the options.
Thanks buddy. Re swapping skills sometimes you get one tough mob (mini boss) and a load of mobs, so I find myself using cleave to take out the packs, then switching to single target dps to finish the mini boss. Am I overthinking it :)

quest

Not Banned from OT
I got 5 legendaries today. All of them worse than the pieces I have on. I want to move up to T2 but if I don't get any new gear then it may not be possible.

Have you crafted any of the aughilds set? Great way to upgrade with out drops. Between the 3 piece bonus and the 2 piece black thorns I have +25% elite damage. Also take -15% less damage from elites.

Thanks buddy. Re swapping skills sometimes you get one tough mob (mini boss) and a load of mobs, so I find myself using cleave to take out the packs, then switching to single target dps to finish the mini boss. Am I overthinking it :)

What level are you? Everything will become clear once you hit 70. It's all a tutorial until then. I changed my wizard build completely once I hit 70 as I got some gear which gave me more damage with cold and hydra, so I became a frost wizard.

you need one power attack. I don't like the barb at all. My wizard is a beast right now. I've built him to get into the Centre of the battle, destroy every one and roll out to restock mana.

If you are on XB1 make sure you add everyone to get the legendary gifts and nemesis invasions. I'm "IAMBLEST"

quest

Not Banned from OT
So, finished the game von 70/8. Love it so far.
So far.
What do I do now? Where do I farm? Can someone point me in a faint direction, just so I got SOME clue?

Bounties and rifts get drops and blood shards. If you need rorg act 1 bounties. Rifts have better drop rate than bounties.

Have you crafted any of the aughilds set? Great way to upgrade with out drops. Between the 3 piece bonus and the 2 piece black thorns I have +25% elite damage. Also take -15% less damage from elites.
I have 2 or 3 of those. I'll look into it. I'm also looking for that ring from act 1 but haven't gotten it yet.

None of those aughilds items are better than what I have on right now though....

Battle.net is getting hit by DDOS attacks which is why there are currently a ton of server issues.
Sucks since I literally JUST bought it on Xbox One digital. Ah well hopefully it'll install overnight and when I wake up the issues will be fixed.
Haha I slept all night woke up and it's at 48%.
Not sure if massive game or slow external hard drive.

What level are you? Everything will become clear once you hit 70. It's all a tutorial until then. I changed my wizard build completely once I hit 70 as I got some gear which gave me more damage with cold and hydra, so I became a frost wizard.

you need one power attack. I don't like the barb at all. My wizard is a beast right now. I've built him to get into the Centre of the battle, destroy every one and roll out to restock mana.

If you are on XB1 make sure you add everyone to get the legendary gifts and nemesis invasions. I'm "IAMBLEST"
Oh only level 20ish. Halfway through act one. Going to try witch doctor as I am normally a mage in EVERYTHING, so trying to be slightly different in this.

Will go check out the friend builder thread thanks for the tips :)

Admodieus

Console version already coming in handy with its offline ability.

Was getting some incremental upgrades to push my DH's DPS to about 450K, so I decided to try out Torment 1 and see how quickly I could clear as well as how much damage I could take. Was going surprisingly well, and got two legendaries that have boosted me up 100K in DPS (a cloak that drops caltrops when I get hit, and an amulet with Dex, CHD, and Crit Chance). Gonna be farming for my Pride Fall in Act 3 bounties now.

PS4 local co-op question:

I don't have a PS4 yet; waiting for the white bundle on 9/9. I do have a PS3 and a PSN account. I'm planning to play couch co-op with my wife on PS4.

Could she go ahead and set up a PSN account on the PS3 to later use on PS4? Or do we have to wait until we actually have the PS4 to create her account so she can save her own character in the game?

You can set up a PSN account on PS3 now that you can use on PS4 later.

Oh only level 20ish. Halfway through act one. Going to try witch doctor as I am normally a mage in EVERYTHING, so trying to be slightly different in this.

Will go check out the friend builder thread thanks for the tips :)
I've got a level 20 WD, I'd recommend the demon Hunter. Very cool. You feel like Buffy the vampire slayer!

Awesome Traps and rocket sentries then you move to an agile beast with a really fine balance between managing discipline and hatred.

IPXlj7m.jpg

Dat exponential increase. I'm currently playing on Torment. Not sure if I got the stats for T2 yet...
I've got more than twice your damage and I don't think I'm ready yet lol. You have more armour than me though.

When I hit 50 paragon I'll move to it. (39 now)

Leyasu

Banned
Am I doing something wrong? My demon hunter is lvl 33 and so far I have only had ONE legendary weapon!! My gf who is a wizard and the same lvl is on here fourth !!

Question - I playing vanilla diablo 3 on the 369, offline. Default off the disc. I have no internet. Marrying to figure out if I am missing out by not having updates. New loot or patches?

Drame

Gambled The Final Witness for my Crusader and decided to build my character around using Shield Glare with the Uncertainity rune.

It's really fun to mess with enemies and make them fight with each other. I can't say I'm having any difficulty on Torment other than that my damage is really low, but I just started gearing this toon. Now rocking 205k dmg, 10.1m armor and 16.4k hp. I should really bump up my damage before moving up the Torment ranks.

antitrop

Who is RNGesus? And where his his shrine??

Random Number G(esus)

His shrine is at your local church.

I guess there-in lies the problem; Im using the disc version. I think theres another thread going on about this but talking about Last of Us. Seems to be related to PSN not being able to verify your license for the game.

I'm playing the Digital version right now. Lucky I remembered to set up my PS4 as the primary console or whatever you're supposed to do.

But how???

I'm trying to open the game and it doesn't allow me if I'm not connected. I have a digital version on PS4

I guess there-in lies the problem; Im using the disc version. I think theres another thread going on about this but talking about Last of Us. Seems to be related to PSN not being able to verify your license for the game.

Top Bottom