• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

I guess there-in lies the problem; Im using the disc version. I think theres another thread going on about this but talking about Last of Us. Seems to be related to PSN not being able to verify your license for the game.

I feel ripped off now. I paid the same price for a game without the box and the disc and now I can't even play it..

I have my friends over to play local coop and it's fucked up now :(

Kamina

Golden Boy
I feel ripped off now. I paid the same price for a game without the box and the disc and now I can't even play it..

There is probably just some update missing. I don't think the digital version has online-DRM.
Wait for PSN to get back online and it will be alright.

Edit: Is your PS4 set as your primary console?

antitrop

Not having to swap discs will still be worth it in the long term, being the type of game D3 is.

If it makes you feel any better, it's not like having the actual disc would stop PSN from being DDoS'd right now, so you're SOL either way.

There is probably just some update missing. I don't think the digital version has online-DRM.
Wait for PSN to get back online and it will be alright.

Edit: Is your PS4 set as your primary console?

I don't know. I read somewhere that that's what I need to do, so I went to the settings and I can't do it because I can't connect to PSN...

Xevren

I don't know. I read somewhere that that's what I need to do, so I went to the settings and I can't do it because I can't connect to PSN...

That sucks, I had that problem before. (had to get my ps4 fixed) Once you get connected be sure to do it at least and your problem should be over with, at least it was for me.

ReaperXL7

I may have missed it but has anyone gotten the ring of royal grandeur from the act 1 horodric chest yet. I have been farming this thing for days now and I only ever get junk from it.

mstevens

Feeling a little overwhelmed with gearing at 70. Everything I've watched and read has these good farming builds, but the builds are always dependent on certain gear that they've already farmed. Not really sure how to start.

Crusader by the way.

All you Crusaders, what Skills/Runes are you using?

I'm leveling up a Crusader as my alt (I main Wizard). I'm currently at 68 and running this build at the moment: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#bZYflQ!aWg!bbabZb

Once I hit 70, I'll rethink my skills and make a new build, but I think I will be keeping the same Law, Shield Bash, Heaven's Fury, and Akarat's Champion.

A good resource for Crusaders is on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Crusaders

catspit

I assume the chance to get a legendary from kadala is extremely low.. Spent a lot of shards on an offhand mojo and just get junk.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Feeling a little overwhelmed with gearing at 70. Everything I've watched and read has these good farming builds, but the builds are always dependent on certain gear that they've already farmed. Not really sure how to start.

Crusader by the way.

Deadset has a good beginner guide and build with low gear requirements mostly crafted. It has gotten me to T3 so working solid.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13139344113

Kyoufu

Damn. I realised it takes me over an hour to do All 5 bounties and a rift. This is going to take some time!

Do better legendaries drop at T2? On t1 I'm just getting shit!

Nope, the drop rates are a tad higher on higher torments, that's it.

Do whichever Torment level you're efficient in.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I may have missed it but has anyone gotten the ring of royal grandeur from the act 1 horodric chest yet. I have been farming this thing for days now and I only ever get junk from it.

Same here it is just random luck. It seems some people just get them at a high rate and others might have to open 2500 caches to get one.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I'm leveling up a Crusader as my alt (I main Wizard). I'm currently at 68 and running this build at the moment: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#bZYflQ!aWg!bbabZb

Once I hit 70, I'll rethink my skills and make a new build, but I think I will be keeping the same Law, Shield Bash, Heaven's Fury, and Akarat's Champion.

A good resource for Crusaders is on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Crusaders
i used to roll with Heavens fury too, but at 70 (xx) on Torment (1) in adventure mode it doesn't do much for me anymore, so i went for all critical damage.
Here is mine: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#bkXfOQ!dYhb!bcZbcY

Kyoufu

Duallusion

Is there some sort of a trading thread or something? I'd trade 10 legendaries sitting in my stash for Myken's Ball of Hate or Velvet Camaral.

Kyoufu

Why not? Don't less legendaries drop on normal? Do you do rifts on torment or those on normal too?

I wasn't geared enough to do bounties on Torment as fast as Normal mode at the time I obtained the RORG.

On the PC we would normally split up and solo bounties as a group to clear Act 1 quickly. Best way to farm those caches/rift keys. I recommend doing that on console too. You don't usually kill enough mobs to get a real shot at legendary drops anyway. Your objective is to clear bounties ASAP for fast caches for the ring.

As for rifts, Torment or bust of course.

Yes.

If you salvage the item you keep the gem as well
thatssotrue_1419_1330038203.gif

.....why

I wasn't geared enough to do bounties on Torment as fast as Normal mode at the time I obtained the RORG.

On the PC we would normally split up and solo bounties as a group to clear Act 1 quickly. Best way to farm those caches/rift keys. I recommend doing that on console too. You don't usually kill enough mobs to get a real shot at legendary drops anyway. Your objective is to clear bounties ASAP for fast caches for the ring.

As for rifts, Torment or bust of course.
Makes sense. Do you only do that for act 1 or do other legendaries drop in each act that are worth collecting with the caches?

Giantbomb turned me onto this, never really considered playing Diablo 3 before but it looks super fun.

I know this is console thread but do I have to buy the game and addon separate for PC?

nowai

I'm guessing people that can't play don't have the PS4 as their primary system, so they could game the digital system for two licenses.

I have been playing just fine with my PS4 as my primary system.

anddo0

I'm guessing people that can't play don't have the PS4 as their primary system, so they could game the digital system for two licenses.

I have been playing just fine with my PS4 as my primary system.

Playing as speak.

I also played X-com (free from PS+) this morning.

Taz

Ah cool. Is there a list of the other drops in act 2 to 5?

I guess the point is rift keys quickly to get to rifts on as high torment as possible Yeah?

It shouldn't take you an hour to do the five bountys to get your cache , if it is then lower the difficulty, if you lower it to normal and rush and can go from 1 cache to 10 caches then it's better to do that.

A reference guide for rifts is if it takes longer than 15 mins then your difficulty is to high, these games are about speed , it's only when you go to torment 6 is when you 're looking at between 10 and 20 mins a rift.

anddo0

With the PS4 as your primary or from a local account on you PS4 with a remote PS4 as the primary?

I'm playing with PS4 as my primary (as always). I didn't have to do anything special in order for it to work.

Earlier when I was playing PS3. I was signed into PSN (can't log in on PS4).

nowai

I'm playing with PS4 as my primary (as always). I didn't have to do anything special in order for it to work.

Earlier when I was playing PS3. I was signed into PSN (can't log in on PS4).

Right, ok. So people, it's awesome that you can make your friend's PS4 your primary system, buy the game once and have both of you play it...but, this is what happens when the account can't authenticate.

tl;dr if you want to play offline, buy your own copy.

I'm curious about the play style of those who reached 70 super quick and seem to beat the entire campaign quite quickly. What is your play style like? So far, whenever I come across a dungeon/cave/whatever that isn't related to my current quest, I go in and clear it out. I also tend to try to clear out entire floors of whatever area I'm in. Does it make more sense to just kinda main line your way through the main campaign without too much tourism? I've probably played at least 5 hours and I'm still in act 1. I realize it's a subjective thing, but is it kind of a waste of time to be overly thorough on the first run through the campaign? Is it more efficient to just get to the business of finishing the main quests so that one can get to adventure mode?

Kamina

Golden Boy
I'm curious about the play style of those who reached 70 super quick and seem to beat the entire campaign quite quickly. What is your play style like? So far, whenever I come across a dungeon/cave/whatever that isn't related to my current quest, I go in and clear it out. I also tend to try to clear out entire floors of whatever area I'm in. Does it make more sense to just kinda main line your way through the main campaign without too much tourism? I've probably played at least 5 hours and I'm still in act 1. I realize it's a subjective thing, but is it kind of a waste of time to be overly thorough on the first run through the campaign? Is it more efficient to just get to the business of finishing the main quests so that one can get to adventure mode?
I pretty much killed everything and explored everything. Ended the game with Lv69 that way and hat a lot of Legendaries.

Nemesis system is awesome. I've been rolling snake eyes with the gift system until today when IHaveIce sent me a Stone of Jordan with 30%.

Top Bottom