• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

ZenaxPure

I know this is console thread but do I have to buy the game and addon separate for PC?

You do, but, we randomly discovered in the PC thread yesterday that buying both on battle.net for some reason is just $60 (so same price as next gen). PC version is also on sale on amazon (both base game and xpac).

Yes.

If you salvage the item you keep the gem as well

kevin-hart-feat-.jpg

Good thing I read this now and not later. Lost some money, but not TOO much.

W Hudson

So how exactly does adventure mode work? In currently in act 5 on expert, so when I finish the game do I get to replay it in adventure mode on a higher difficulty? Or is it a completely separate thing from the campaign?

zou

do the dmg modifiers stack? I'm at 730k and got +30% evasive shot and +15% elites. Is my effective dmg against elites 1.1M?

Kamina

Golden Boy
So how exactly does adventure mode work? In currently in act 5 on expert, so when I finish the game do I get to replay it in adventure mode on a higher difficulty? Or is it a completely separate thing from the campaign?
It's separate. You'll have to go to the main menu and change it in the options. It's pretty nice if you played the story and want some side-quests.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Wait, will that awesome act 1 cache ring drop even when you're below torment? For some reason I thought it was a torment item, but if I can drop the difficulty down to baby mode and farm the ring, rift keys and blood shards...

ZenaxPure

Wait, will that awesome act 1 cache ring drop even when you're below torment? For some reason I thought it was a torment item, but if I can drop the difficulty down to baby mode and farm the ring, rift keys and blood shards...

Yeah most people just choose to farm it on normal because of how fast you can blaze through normal bounties.

To be honest normal is the best approach to bounties in general because for some reason you get the same amount of rift fragments on every difficulty, which is something that has confused me since the day the game came out.

so OK as long as i make a local account on my ps4 it will save my friend's character for next time, right? it just got deleted before because it was a "guest"?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I just finished this game. At level 59. I don't know if I am playing this game right, I have loads of question will ask you guys once I get home.

I just finished this game. At level 59. I don't know if I am playing this game right, I have loads of question will ask you guys once I get home.

You're not finished. The point of the game is to keep replaying (and switch to adventure mode) to keep leveling and upgrading your gear.

So I'm 62 on crusader. I remember with the pc ver that you get guaranteed legendary for Mathael. Do I wait for 70 still? What is a fast way of farming xp? I really wish I could co-op right now lol

I like the game a lot more on consoles over PC the controls are really great and menu navigation isn't that bad.
Games a lot harder than I remember it being although I haven't played in awhile.

So I'm 62 on crusader. I remember with the pc ver that you get guaranteed legendary for Mathael. Do I wait for 70 still? What is a fast way of farming xp? I really wish I could co-op right now lol

Yeah, some peoe wait until level 70 for that guaranteed legendary. Try out rifts and bounties at higher difficulties.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Yeah most people just choose to farm it on normal because of how fast you can blaze through normal bounties.

To be honest normal is the best approach to bounties in general because for some reason you get the same amount of rift fragments on every difficulty, which is something that has confused me since the day the game came out.
But do I need to set the difficulty back up to torment when I redeem my blood shards in hopes of acquiring my torment-only legendary gear?

Haint

Question for high level and endgame players, what's the balance on the classes like now? I played Monk the month or two surrounding the PC launch, but it was too gimped to do the then highest difficulty level very well and ultimately wound up being a waste of time. Looking to avoid making that mistake this time around and am wondering what the OP'ed classes are a present?

ZenaxPure

But do I need to set the difficulty back up to torment when I redeem my blood shards in hopes of acquiring my torment-only legendary gear?

That I'm not entirely sure about, but I would assume not. That was a late addition to the PC and I didn't have any characters still doing non-torment so I never bothered to try and find out.

ZenaxPure

Question for high level and endgame players, what's the balance on the classes like now? I played Monk the month or two surrounding the PC launch, but it was too gimped to do then highest difficulty level very well and ultimately wound up being a waste of time. Looking to avoid making that mistake this time around and am wonder what the OP'ed classes are a present?

The class balance on console is basically the same as it is on the PC version. There are a few differences but they are minor. It's weird you mention monk though since as long as you are playing in a group monk has always been the easiest class to reach the highest difficulty. But, it sounds like you haven't played in a while and since that time various things have been patched. The Raiment set got reworked and it makes T6 very easy, but, in group play it's not all that great (especially compared to support monk).

To answer the question specifically, though, in the current state of the game every class is easily capable of reaching T6. Some classes have more options than others, but, every class can do it.

Korosenai

So i should be playing bounties on normal or hard to quickly get key fragments for nephalem rifts, but then what difficulty should i play nephalem rifts on?

lmbotiva

call me crazy but the graphics style on this game looks a hell of a lot similar to the UBI art framework, the way the rocks look like a painting and the grass as well, is one beautiful game to look at plus the fact that the game is a joy to play and addictive as hell makes it a very enticing package

So i should be playing bounties on normal or hard to quickly get key fragments for nephalem rifts, but then what difficulty should i play nephalem rifts on?

If you just want to get key fragments, play on normal and blaze through those bounties.

Rift difficulty level depends on your gear, Torment 2-3 is the sweet spot for me as a level 70 Crusader.

ZenaxPure

Whatever difficulty you can do the fastest is best for fragments. For most people that will be normal but eventually you will have enough gear where the differences in speed between say normal and Torment 1 is minimal. So yeah, whatever is fastest.

For rifts whatever the highest you can handle while still going at a steady pace is best. Trying to finish them in under 15 minutes is a good goal, a lot of people prefer 10 minutes but you run into a problem then where you will be playing on a really easy difficulty and simply running out of fragments faster.

Pushing the difficulty as hard as you can is beneficial for rifts simply because when you run out of fragments it is back to farming them which is time you aren't in a rift. Basically like I said, highest you can handle while still going at a good pace.

Xevren

Getting a 2h legendary axe on my 70 barb that reduces level requirement by 27 really makes leveling the crusader so much easier.

Zero available.

Obviously that's what it means, but it's presented poorly in the UI. The PC version is presented much more elegantly. It just shows the Gem in the socket with a description of what it does. On console when a gem is socketed in it's presented like it's just another stat that came with the item.

Etnos

Banned
Gonna shallow my PC Gamer pride here: I think the next gen console version of D3 is the superior version this time, controls are so tight, UI is great and easy to use, social features are better, it is suppose to have patch support on parity with pc, plus you can't beat big TV + comfy couch.

It only hurts me I'm paragon 50 with a bunch of 70s on my pc.. but ohh well..

strem

I'm a PC elitist myself and I have to admit...I much prefer the PS4 version of this game. My whole life has been turned upside down

lmbotiva

I'm a PC elitist myself and I have to admit...I much prefer the PS4 version of this game. My whole life has been turned upside down
this type of games are better played with a gamepad, having direct control of the character makes the game a lot more fun

k1t4j

This game man, lv 70 paragon lv 17 just now finished ACT V (brand new character)I just have this compulsory need to search every nook and cranny and when i stop the game and launch it again I do the maps of the ACT I am to see if something new pops up.

Now adventure mode opens up :)

Bt the way I haven't spend any paragon points yet, for a crusader what do you guys recommend?

sjay1994

I have no idea how I am going to level up a character to 70 on hardcore. I played a majority of the game on expert and finished all acts and I am only level 62.

Andrew.

Banned
Just made it to Act 4. My demon Hunter is wrecking house. Current damage output per second is 38k. That rapid fire grenade launcher is crazily powerful.

Top Bottom