• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

A few quick questions if I may. I'm looking for something to fill a hole whilst waiting for Destiny and was wondering if this game is form me.

How noob friendly is this? I've never played a Diablo game before.

I love Action RPG's but don't like it when they get too bogged down in stats and buffs - Does this have a stat/buff for every little thing?

How essential is the multiplayer in this? I much prefer to play solo.

I only get to game a few hours a night on weekends, is it even worth me starting this with only 3 weeks (from when Diablo is release) until Destiny is released?

Many thanks in advance.

This game is fine for you. Get it!

bidguy

Banned
A few quick questions if I may. I'm looking for something to fill a hole whilst waiting for Destiny and was wondering if this game is form me.

I love Action RPG's but don't like it when they get too bogged down in stats and buffs - Does this have a stat/buff for every little thing?

I only get to game a few hours a night on weekends, is it even worth me starting this with only 3 weeks (from when Diablo is release) until Destiny is released?

Many thanks in advance.

very noob friendly until end game

yes there are a lot of buffs stats but nothing overly complicated. i share your views about this and i had no problem.

you can play solo just fine

suikodan

I'm really thorn between the X1 and PS4 versions... don't really care for online since I want this for couch coop.

X1-
1080p/60FPS
Patchable
I have two controllers

PS4-
1080p/60FPS
Patchable
"Some" bonuses
Remote Play (can't say I care much about this since I want to play with someone on the couch...)
I have ONE controller

Are there any other major differences between the two versions? Think not.

I've been playing this game on PC since launch but somehow I'm excited for the consoles version. I wished the PC version had controller support but it doesn't seem that way.

bidguy

Banned
I'm really thorn between the X1 and PS4 versions... don't really care for online since I want this for couch coop.

X1-
1080p/60FPS
Patchable
I have two controllers

PS4-
1080p/60FPS
Patchable
"Some" bonuses
Remote Play (can't say I care much about this since I want to play with someone on the couch...)
I have ONE controller

Are there any other major differences between the two versions? Think not.

I've been playing this game on PC since launch but somehow I'm excited for the consoles version. I wished the PC version had controller support but it doesn't seem that way.

nope, no major differences

you cant mod saves on xbox one so hacked gear should be impossible to acquire.

edit: not exactly sure but this is still possible with ps4

Xyrmellon

Eh, anyone know if this is being sold early anywhere? It's not against the rules to ask that is it? Maybe it's review/preview copies but it seems like a lot of people are playing already.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Do we know if the classic Diablo are a new trophy set for the PS4 version ?

New set. Hasn't been uploaded to the main page yet, but heres a list.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...-ps4-trophy-list-here-much-more-grinding.html

Pretty good list. Nothing too terribly crazy. Definitely going to try and make a point of platinuming it.

Just glad theres no
Paragon level 200+ or some such bullshit
trophy. That would have been a little grindy for my tastes.

LCGeek

formerly sane
True, but you can't permanently ruin your character. When you find a new build online, you just switch your skills and start looking/crafting for the gear at that point. Better than Torchlight 2 which had no respec mechanic.

Agreed, which is a lot different than say D2 or D1 not just torchlight or even Path of exile.

suikodan I say this all the time controller's require a different balancing act for diablo. Would be extremely hard for blizzard to balance the game if you allowed typical pc setup with the controller at the same time. I love both console and pc version for variety of reasons.

quest

Not Banned from OT
nope, no major differences

you cant mod saves on xbox one so hacked gear should be impossible to acquire.

edit: not exactly sure but this is still possible with ps4

Except the huge loop hole of people being able to transfer last gen UEE saves to the new generation. That is where the hacked gear will come from. Already seen the transfer does not get rid of all the hacked gear just some.

Kyoufu

Except the huge loop hole of people being able to transfer last gen UEE saves to the new generation. That is where the hacked gear will come from. Already seen the transfer does not get rid of all the hacked gear just some.

Shame about that. :/

I'll be playing with GAFers anyway so not a huge deal. Will matchmaking be littered with cheaters or is it a rare thing?

ZenaxPure

Yeah, hacked gear doesn't seem like it will ever go away. In the gamespot stream they talked about it a bit and said they can't get rid of it, but, after the most recent patch hackers will have to get more "creative" with the items. Not entirely sure what that means, but, I assume they are a bit more limited in what they can do but it will still be possible to hack them.

Admodieus

Barbarian vs crusader.. Anyone know the difference in terms of damage/survival

Both are very tanky characters. Barbarian is more of a pure melee class, it has weapon throw and ancient spear but you'll be mostly standing next to the enemies. Barbarians generate their resource by dealing damage or by taking damage, so naturally you'll always want to be in the thick of it.

End-game Crusaders are actually more of a mid-range class, the popular Crusader builds on PC are without wrath generators and focus around Shield Toss, Heaven's Fury, and Fist of the Heavens. It plays almost like a tanky wizard at times, but with much less mobility.

Crusaders also have a submechanic around cooldown reduction, their class set's bonus is aimed towards that as well.

I have a review code for PS4 version I can activate on Sunday. Though there is no talk of the embargo. Guess embargo is over already?

Krakn3Dfx

http://youtu.be/veKqTbmgJfM

Really nice features. These should be on the PC too tbh.

So they're allowing users on consoles to trade gold then, even tho they took the ability from PC players.

mean-face-gif.gif

May pick up the PS4 version for some of the stuff they mention in here like the nemesis system tho if enough people on my friend's list are playing it.

satire77

I have the game preordered on the EU psn store, but it still hasnt started the preloading.

Anybody knows if preloading will even be possible in EU for this game?

bidguy

Banned

they destroyed hacked gear on last gen with the latest patch

are you absolutely positive that it was hacked gear ? he was 69 after all

Kyoufu

they destroyed hacked gear on last gen with the latest patch

are you absolutely positive that it was hacked gear ? he was 69 after all

Let's just say my 500 hour level 70 Barbarian doesn't do that much damage on a single attack.

Dude is cheating so hard.

Not sure why I want to buy this seeing as I play the PC version still.... But damn I want it on console lol.

Because item trading is awesome. Console > PC :p

venom2124

Any Diablo vets out there, how hard is hardcore? I looked it up and it's one life. That sounds like that will be a bitch to play through.

Any Diablo vets out there, how hard is hardcore? I looked it up and it's one life. That sounds like that will be a bitch to play through.

yes but actually doable on console as you can play it offline/couch coop without having to worry about disconnects/lag spikes

dat hardcore act3 lag kill for me is still felt to this day

Very, you will unlock skills every X levels and you are free to try any build you want, without penalization. Just change skills and test.

It does have stats and buff but they are all easy to understand. Get new gear, it will tell you if gain more health , more damage, etc.

Even if you preffer solo the MP is very easy to get in. And you will preffer playing in this way. Better gear, more challenge. No need to talk just walk and crush.

Many thanks in advance.

This game have 4 player couch-co-op. That will fill an interesting part that Destiny doesn't have.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
What makes me avoid HC like the plague is the fact that endgame Diablo 3 is worth playing and sub-70 Diablo 3 completely sucks.

All the good builds, challenging elite packs, and interesting items are locked until higher levels or max level. I appreciate the concept and the higher stakes, but I absolutely loathe playing this game at less than maximum character level. My plan of attack is going to be similar to that of quest's, where I'll rush one person to 70 immediately to help redo that process all the more quickly for everyone else afterwards. I may even ditch any MF gear that I am using now to try to ensure that I don't get some bullshit like a L61 Shard of Hate or Mirrorball in the process.

Put another way, I'd be totally fine with HC if abilities weren't locked by level and all available items were scaled to drop and roll at Level 1 and up. As it stands, there is no way in hell that I will ever play sub-70 D3 a minute more than I absolutely must.

quest

Not Banned from OT
What makes me avoid HC like the plague is the fact that endgame Diablo 3 is worth playing and sub-70 Diablo 3 completely sucks.

All the good builds, challenging elite packs, and interesting items are locked until higher levels or max level. I appreciate the concept and the higher stakes, but I absolutely loathe playing this game at less than maximum character level. My plan of attack is going to be similar to that of quest's, where I'll rush one person to 70 immediately to help redo that process all the more quickly for everyone else afterwards. I may even ditch any MF gear that I am using now to try to ensure that I don't get some bullshit like a L61 Shard of Hate or Mirrorball in the process.

Put another way, I'd be totally fine with HC if abilities weren't locked by level and all available items were scaled to drop and roll at Level 1 and up. As it stands, there is no way in hell that I will ever play sub-70 D3 a minute more than I absolutely must.

Thats how I feel leveling up was a pain and don't like doing it. I like the hunt for better gear. Starting over when I die takes the fun out of that.

I should be on around 6am central on release morning if you want to level up. I should be on most of the day until 6pm central time. I might take hour out of the day to take my dogs to the park. Hell who am I kidding I will probably be up 4 am central time because won't be able to sleep lol.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
My current work week is Monday Midnight until Friday Midnight. I'm usually home by Noon. My current sleep hours are 4PM to 10PM.

I have a feeling that I'm going to totally miss the bus on playing this game with new people as well as being blown out the gate by everyone else, only to catch up by the time they all quit.

Well, whatever. I have four controllers.

Jolkien

New set. Hasn't been uploaded to the main page yet, but heres a list.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...-ps4-trophy-list-here-much-more-grinding.html

Pretty good list. Nothing too terribly crazy. Definitely going to try and make a point of platinuming it.

Just glad theres no
Paragon level 200+ or some such bullshit
trophy. That would have been a little grindy for my tastes.

Thanks. Thats one easy platinum lol. Longest trophy of vanilla diablo was clearly looting 10 millions gold. This time looks like it'll be to reach lvl 70 on all 5 classes.

Top Bottom