• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Number45

I have no idea how I am going to level up a character to 70 on hardcore. I played a majority of the game on expert and finished all acts and I am only level 62.
Farming earlier acts for gear and levels I would think, rather than risking levelling at a normal pace.

mobius006

So I've been playing co-op with my gf on Ps4. When ever we start back up, her character always has "stars" on her skills screen. Not matter how many time we clear them, if we turn the game off and come back... The stars are back.

I thought maybe this was caused from her never starting at the main character. Having her be player one and I joined her game, my charaers skills all had stars.

This is super annoying. Any simple fix I'm just missing?

george_us

I find it annoying that this game just kills my hands.

Its addicting, but the pain is not worth it.
What system are you playing on? PS3 controller would destroy my hands after a couple of hours of use but on PS4 it's great. I've played for up to six ours and didn't feel anything.

Woorloog

Banned
I got "The Grandfather", with rather interesting stat: Level Requirement Lowered By 15. (Interesting because it is so much, not because it is uncommon or interesting in itself)
A level 46 character could use it. I reckon it will come handy when leveling a barbarian later on...
EDIT DPS is 1895.9

sjay1994

Farming earlier acts for gear and levels I would think, rather than risking levelling at a normal pace.

playing on expert I probably died around 7-10 times.

Three times while fighting Belial, about 4 when on the ram in Act 5 and the occassional elite/champion mob.

I tried a powerleveling method that people had used on the PC version playing the game on torment 6, but its been patched for consoles.

Got fucking bodied by 2 spiders :/

Mikef2000

Stupid question.I'm playing a demon hunter. For each action button, I can only assign one of the action for that button at a time? For example, X can be the normal shot or Bola shot or triple shot, but during combat if I want to switch between them I would have to go into the menu to change that particular button?

Same applies to R2, I can't ever see myself not to having R2 mapped to rapid fire.

Or I am just playing it wrong?

Chaos

Stupid question.I'm playing a demon hunter. For each action button, I can only assign one of the action for that button at a time? For example, X can be the normal shot or Bola shot or triple shot, but during combat if I want to switch between them I would have to go into the menu to change that particular button?

Same applies to R2, I can't ever see myself not to having R2 mapped to rapid fire.

Or I am just playing it wrong?

In option turn on elective mode.

Mr Croft

Makes sense. Do you only do that for act 1 or do other legendaries drop in each act that are worth collecting with the caches?

if your a dh the cloak of darkness drops in act 2. It makes missles go through the DH. Also I think in act 3 or 2. Prides fall a helm that's ability lowers resource cost by 30% ( I think) if you take no damage for 5 seconds.

mstevens

So I'm able to do Torment 1 pretty quick solo... I'm trying to get the Aughild set for my crusader. I know I need some materials plus the plans.. How many special materials do I need, just one shard per item? (I already found 1 shard).

Also.. Where do I find the plans? Just rift on Torment 1, or does it need to be higher?

SkylineRKR

This is my first time with Diablo 3, skipped vanilla, but the campaign is ridiculously easy. Began on Normal, became boring once I got some good loot. Then I went to Hard, but near the end of Act 2 the challenge was gone. Beat the end of Act 2 and whole Act 3 on Expert and finding it way too easy.

Some elite mobs are difficult though. I'd say they're tougher than the end bosses.

Can't wait to be able to use the higher difficulties and Adventure mode.

In option turn on elective mode.

This is exactly what I should do when I start the game again.

bidguy

Banned
that feeling when you find a treasure goblin

that feeling when you find 12 treasure goblins

goblin-pack4.jpg

I got the Puzzle ring with my own personal treasure goblin, he's fun to have around but I want to always smack him across the head. Not sure how rare this is but I like it.

Taz

I find it annoying that this game just kills my hands.

Its addicting, but the pain is not worth it.

Your soooooo lucky you never played a critical mass Wizard on the PC, it involved spamming five keys none stop for the whole time you played, I broke 7 keyboards playing it to.

So I've been playing co-op with my gf on Ps4. When ever we start back up, her character always has "stars" on her skills screen. Not matter how many time we clear them, if we turn the game off and come back... The stars are back.

I thought maybe this was caused from her never starting at the main character. Having her be player one and I joined her game, my charaers skills all had stars.

This is super annoying. Any simple fix I'm just missing?

I know that feel bro. My wife just hands me her remote to clear them every time we start up.

Youarenotalone.gif

Korosenai

If you just want to get key fragments, play on normal and blaze through those bounties.

Rift difficulty level depends on your gear, Torment 2-3 is the sweet spot for me as a level 70 Crusader.

Whatever difficulty you can do the fastest is best for fragments. For most people that will be normal but eventually you will have enough gear where the differences in speed between say normal and Torment 1 is minimal. So yeah, whatever is fastest.

For rifts whatever the highest you can handle while still going at a steady pace is best. Trying to finish them in under 15 minutes is a good goal, a lot of people prefer 10 minutes but you run into a problem then where you will be playing on a really easy difficulty and simply running out of fragments faster.

Pushing the difficulty as hard as you can is beneficial for rifts simply because when you run out of fragments it is back to farming them which is time you aren't in a rift. Basically like I said, highest you can handle while still going at a good pace.
Thanks, ill do this tonight with my friend.
Fetish Army as well,that's the main benefit.
Zombie dogs, gargantuan, and the fetish army passive ability is where its at.

abundant

I got the Puzzle ring with my own personal treasure goblin, he's fun to have around but I want to always smack him across the head. Not sure how rare this is but I like it.

I got a level 70 version of it with bad stats. At that level it was completely useless because Normal Drops aren't that common by that point in the game.

Zombie dogs, gargantuan, and the fetish army passive ability is where its at.

I'm currently running through Torment I (Paragon Level 23) with that build and it's working for me. I always have a mini army rolling with me and rarely get into danger and if I do get into danger, I have Spirit Walk to fall back on.

Taz

So I'm able to do Torment 1 pretty quick solo... I'm trying to get the Aughild set for my crusader. I know I need some materials plus the plans.. How many special materials do I need, just one shard per item? (I already found 1 shard).

Also.. Where do I find the plans? Just rift on Torment 1, or does it need to be higher?

Plans are random drop on any mode, from my experience on the PC side you'll get the gem plans really quick and the legendary item plans come a little slower.

Crafting was changed in 2.06 you don't need the special items anymore it's just common debris/forgotten souls/Veil Crystals, they changed it to two forgotten souls per craft to.

Woorloog

Banned
Neat, Justinian's Mercy. Too bad The Grandfather is so much better...
I've got insane luck, i keep getting legendaries constantly.

Andrew.

Banned
So how long is Act V in comparison to the others? III was pretty short compared to the first two and IV looks like it might be as well.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Fucking stupid digital shit.. I just want to play my game

I planned the whole day around Diablo 3
As said before, you'll have to wait until PSN is back up.
Then set your PS4 as main console in the settings. (PSN access is required for that)
I can understand, it sucks that you cant play now.

Badgerst3

So digital only ps4 can't play if psn is down?

Hmmm: not liking that if accurate. Especially having ordered a digital copy of destiny.

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
Just dinged 70 and feel like I have hit a wall. I'm banging through adventure mode on Master and occasionally struggle with elites with my Demon Hunter. Have a few decent legendarys but I want to push on to Torment and the first elite pack in that mode destroyed me.

Is just running bounties to gear up my best bet? Seen no upgrades at all in the last few hours.

h3ro

So digital only ps4 can't play if psn is down?

Hmmm: not liking that if accurate. Especially having ordered a digital copy of destiny.

I just played the digital version for four hours. It works fine if you're playing on your primary console.

Top Bottom