• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Kamina

Golden Boy
PS4 does NOT have always online DRM! (except Destiny, since its a MMO)
Some users here just haven't set their PS4 as their main device and thus have no license. If they change this in the settings the lcense will be on the console and the game can be played offline.

I'm a PC elitist myself and I have to admit...I much prefer the PS4 version of this game. My whole life has been turned upside down
The combat in the PC version is more direct because you select the enemy , but the character controls are more direct in the console version since you don't need to click where you want to walk.
Overall i too prefer the PS4 version. The UI is nicer on PC though.

Is it odd that I'm breezing through most trash mobs and elites on Torment I at level 63 with a Barb? Occasionally I've had to turn it down to Master for a minute or two, but not often. Does it Torment I get much harder at level 70 or in Adventure mode?

So digital only ps4 can't play if psn is down?

Hmmm: not liking that if accurate. Especially having ordered a digital copy of destiny.
As others have said, if it's your primary PS4 you should be fine, however Destiny's always online anyway so.

edit: sorry for the double post

zou

Z1Hv59L.jpg

5 bags, nothing useful. And that's par the course, 50+ bags not a single legendary and only a few garbage rares. What am I doing wrong?

Kamina

Golden Boy
5 bags, nothing useful. And that's par the course, 50+ bags not a single legendary and only a few garbage rares. What am I doing wrong?
Legendaries are very rare. Some people have used thousands of blood shards at the merchant in Adventure mode and didn't get anything.
I found that looking for legendaries is best done while enjoying the game. Looking for them specifically will just disappoint.

Taz

Just dinged 70 and feel like I have hit a wall. I'm banging through adventure mode on Master and occasionally struggle with elites with my Demon Hunter. Have a few decent legendarys but I want to push on to Torment and the first elite pack in that mode destroyed me.

Is just running bounties to gear up my best bet? Seen no upgrades at all in the last few hours.

You need to look up a guide on how to gear your DH there is no way you've hit a wall this early , you probably just don't understand what item stats you require.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
How long does it take for a bounty act to reset so I can run through it again? I figured completing a different act would reset the first one, but no.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Just dinged 70 and feel like I have hit a wall. I'm banging through adventure mode on Master and occasionally struggle with elites with my Demon Hunter. Have a few decent legendarys but I want to push on to Torment and the first elite pack in that mode destroyed me.

Is just running bounties to gear up my best bet? Seen no upgrades at all in the last few hours.
Go for critical damage.
Use Slash as Primary with Crush rune, and Laws of Valor with Critical rune.
Weapons that have enhanced critical damage are also of value; If the weapon has a socket enhance it with the green stones of the highest class.
Akarat's Champion with Prophet rune might also help you with surviving.

CREMSteve

For the gear that you can insert gems into, can they be removed? I've been too scared to use the gems out if fear a better piece of gear will drop.

ZenaxPure

Bags are not really a good way to get legendaries, they are only good for farming the specific items that came in them (and the only one anyone at end game cares about is the act 1 bag for the ring). Rifts and gambling is the best way to get items in general.

That said though, rng is rng.

dwix

Well, I didn't and still don't know what that means. So I didn't do it and it's too late now. I can't do it

I'm in the same boat :(

I don't really know why that wouldn't just happen by default when you own a single PS4, but apparently I never set that up. I'm itching so bad, and staying in this thread isn't helping :p

zou

Legendaries are very rare. Some people have used thousands of blood shards at the merchant in Adventure mode and didn't get anything.
I found that looking for legendaries is best done while enjoying the game. Looking for them specifically will just disappoint.

I got multiple set items and a few legendaries gambling, I got a few dozens legendaries from random trash mobs, even one legendary from a treasure goblin! I was under the impression bags could be used to farm specific unique items, which is hard to do if 50+ bags don't even yield a single legendary item.

Not praying to RNGesus enough. :(

I guess, though at this point I'm asking myself "why bother?". I can skip the shitty, slow bounties and just focus on the quick ones, if the bags are trash.

Dahbomb

Difficulty also impacts drop rate of Bounties by the way.

People only farm Bounties to get Ring of Royal Grandeur and to get Rift fragments for Rift runs. There are a few other Bounty exclusive Legendaries worth getting like the Gloves of Worship in Act 2 and Pride's Fall in Act 3 but you can live without both of those Legendaries.

The bulk of Legendary farming is done in Rifts at T6 difficulty. It's not uncommon to get 4 Legenendary drops per Rift run (on average a Rift should take no more than 15 minutes).

Kamina

Golden Boy
I got multiple set items and a few legendaries gambling, I got a few dozens legendaries from random trash mobs, even one legendary from a treasure goblin! I was under the impression bags could be used to farm specific unique items, which is hard to do if 50+ bags don't even yield a single legendary item.

I guess, though at this point I'm asking myself "why bother?". I can skip the shitty, slow bounties and just focus on the quick ones, if the bags are trash.
The most legendaries i got during Adventure mode, and Story mode.

Vee_One

The achievement "The Comfort of Strangers" has bugged out on me and stuck at 66% complete. Game won't recognize I have recruited the enchantress. Not sure how to get it now :(
Tried getting the enchantress with another character and it still didn't work :(

ZangBa

So I was leveling my Monk up in hardcore for the trophy, and I managed to get another RoRG at level 69. Seems like I got pretty lucky, lol.

Kyoufu

So I was leveling my Monk up in hardcore for the trophy, and I managed to get another RoRG at level 69. Seems like I got pretty lucky, lol.

But you need one at 70!

Question: So I just dinged 70 and I've been running bounties and rifts for the past two days. What do I have to do to start getting the set pieces for my Crusader?

Do rifts on Torment and trade blood shards to Kadala for a low chance of set items.

SDCowboy

Question: So I just dinged 70 and I've been running bounties and rifts for the past two days. What do I have to do to start getting the set pieces for my Crusader?

ZenaxPure

Killing mobs and gambling. Basically just do rifts as much as you can and then spend the bloodshards on items you want from kadala.

Gained 15 paragon levels today just by making act 1 bounties and no Ring of Royal Grandeur. At least Kadala was kind enough to give me the Gauntlets of Akkhan.

outsida

I forgot how much I was addicted to this game on PC just after my son was just born. I had to go on hiatus do to being sleep deprived. Now he's 2 1/2 and tells me which things to smash. Good times.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I started a new game as fem Wizard. While killing enemies on a field in Act 1 a Nemesis from my Lv.70 Crusader invaded. I barely escaped, but every few minutes it tries it again. I'm scared when i hear these roars...

quest

Not Banned from OT
Another way to get set items is through gifts lol.

Got some Invoker/Akkhan pieces from random gifts in mailbox.

That is good to know class set items can come via gifts. Best thing I got from gift is a furnace which I use on certain bosses in bounties. Will probably use it on rift guardians to.

It was a good first week for the most part got 82 paragon levels and half way to my class set. Just waiting on a decent fire amulet to drop should really help my damage.

Question for those who good at rifts is there a secret to them? It seems I have to kill a bazillion monsters to get the guardian to spawn. Is there something I am missing?

Nokterian

I played crusader on pc..dunno what happend but got bored with it..now playing it on ps4 that's totally different i am having so mutch fun right now almost level 30. I need to finish the campaign asap because i have seen this to many times. Even without PSN i am having fun but it would be more fun to play with gaffers. Game runs so damn smooth silky 60fps makes me happy.

ZenaxPure

Question for those who good at rifts is there a secret to them? It seems I have to kill a bazillion monsters to get the guardian to spawn. Is there something I am missing?

I mean... that is the point? Rifts are just random dungeons with random enemy assortments, you kill a certain amount and then the rift guardian comes. That is all there is to it.

Is Ponyville still in the game? I have Wirt's Bell and the Black Mushroom so I assume it is. Haven't seen the other two items yet though.

This game has evolved much since it's PC release. Loving it on PS4.

Still looking for friends. Add me.

Berek

tbm24

Is Ponyville still in the game? I have Wirt's Bell and the Black Mushroom so I assume it is. Haven't seen the other two items yet though.

Berek
It's still in the game. The plans for the staff are dropped by either Diablo or Izual(believe that's the right name). I got it on my first encounter.

That's pretty much it. Here's a protip though: explore all the levels of the rift even if you kill the guardian on the first one, something like half the legendaries I've found in rifts have been after the guardian.

Berek
I played this game the second it came out on PC. Sunk in hundreds of hours shamefully fast. Milked the RMAH for $1000+ while it was there. Endless runs, endless looting. I haven't played it in forever and am wondering if it will still feel fresh/addicting. SHOULD I DO IT?

I'd get it for 30 bucks but I'm too poor to pay 70. Someone here has to hate it enough to sell theirs to me for cheap :p

Top Bottom