• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

If you're an RPG fan you should get it. The gameplay is addictive as fuck. The music is good. The presentation is top notch. Story is solid if you're willing to actually follow it lol. Diablo always had a nice lore. But it serves more as a backdrop.

The way you put it it sound like I would like it Some guy at gamestop told me there is a story if you pay attention but you could play the whole game and not pay attention to the story. I'm leaning towards downloading this as my local gamestop is sold out of the ps4 version. Would I be missing any thing of the story if this is the first diablo I ever played?

SDCowboy

The way you put it it sound like I would like it Some guy at gamestop told me there is a story if you pay attention but you could play the whole game and not pay attention to the story. I'm leaning towards downloading this as my local gamestop is sold out of the ps4 version. Would I be missing any thing of the story if this is the first diablo I ever played?

No, sir. Again, the story in Diablo is almost completely throw away anyway (though the cutscenes are amazing). It's basically just something that explains why you're going to the next area/chapter. Diablo doesn't have story at a JRPG level.

JJD

PS4 does NOT have always online DRM! (except Destiny, since its a MMO)
Some users here just haven't set their PS4 as their main device and thus have no license. If they change this in the settings the lcense will be on the console and the game can be played offline.

My PS4 is set as my primary but right now I can't even get to the main menu because it locks at the password screen. This PSN issue affects people in a lot of different ways.

Fuck it I'm going to download this tonight. I would have already had the physical if gamestop had it in stock yesterday. I went in traded some old games and was going to impulse buy but it was out. Thanks everyone for the feedback!

X-Frame

So I'm still in Act II and I am a Level 51 Crusader playing on Expert.

I make sure to always reveal the whole map when I am in a new area, and I probably re-played about 10-15% of my playtime so far with my brothers. I guess Level 51 is normal for what I've been doing?

With 3 more Act's to go, I'm sure I'll be a Level 70 way before the end of the story.

I am not sure but why the sorcerer can wield two handed swords and have that horrible standing animation

My PS4 is set as my primary but right now I can't even get to the main menu because it locks at the password screen. This PSN issue affects people in a lot of different ways.

Can load your profile because needs to be verified by blizzard servers and stuff.

If you have the ps4 connected online physically then try unplugging it before turning it on.

antitrop

It's not a special rift. It's just Clickers, Bloaters and Runner enemies in any randomly generated rift.

But yeah, it's awesome. Clickers especially. The Bloaters use their poison spore attack thingy which does a lot of damage if you stand in it lol.

I would pay cash money for a completely decked out The Last of Us themed rift.

Just finished Act 2 with my level 43 Crusader.

Hooooo boy that
Belial
fight was hard solo.

Obama-Wiping-Brow.jpg

Is there a good way to
dodge that onslaught of explosions when he gets low on health?

Is there any way to see the name of a material required to craft something? The stupid icons really don't help me.

plc268

Fuck it I'm going to download this tonight. I would have already had the physical if gamestop had it in stock yesterday. I went in traded some old games and was going to impulse buy but it was out. Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Yea, the game had been out of stock everywhere for me locally... and that hasn't happened for a game in a long time in my area. It forced me to buy the game digitally, which I never do for console games.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I have to say, I had completely missed Transmogrifying until I played with Famicom, Shinn, and R0yalty yesterday. Now that I've found it, daaaaaaaang is my Wizard looking good!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in act 5 and level 56 right now. Maybe I should of switch to expert sooner.
I switched to Expert in Act I and Master in Act V. Expert quickly becomes too easy, I wish they would have unlocked Master earlier.

it's written pretty cheesy and typically and I know it gets a lot of hate but it has fantastical elements that some might find joy in, even if it sucks. That's how I see it. I never cared for it. Honestly though the gameplay is so good you won't care. If you manage to find any enjoyment in the story and cinematics it's all bonus.

Andrew.

Banned
Every boss in this game has been ridiculously easy for me and I'm playing on expert. I just switched it up to master now since I started act V and it's still pretty easy.

The Diablo fight was the only boss fight I died in and all I had to do was just reassign some skills and that was that. Beat him right after that first death.

As soon as I saw that you couldn't immediately respawn and had to restart the checkpoint I knew Blizz wasn't fucking around.

Switch that shit up son

Crimzun Wolf

Neo Member
Wow! I cant believe this actually dropped for me. Stats rolled are above average but, they are still good though. Too bad it doesn't have place in my build til patch 2.1 hits >_<. The hunt continues for the marauder set. Only 4 more pieces to go.

X-Frame

Figures that 2 games that I'll likely be addicted to for months are releasing within 3 weeks of each other (the other being Destiny).

First world problems.

If I do jump on this, which is still extremely questionable, what's the best class? I've never played.

Also, is Diablos world intertwined with WoW?

mstevens

Plans are random drop on any mode, from my experience on the PC side you'll get the gem plans really quick and the legendary item plans come a little slower.

Crafting was changed in 2.06 you don't need the special items anymore it's just common debris/forgotten souls/Veil Crystals, they changed it to two forgotten souls per craft to.

Oh wow.. Thanks! I should have researched it a little more, wasted some time grinding crafting items today. Whoops.

So after I get my Aughild set, what would be the next logical move? I like to have things sort of planned out otherwise I feel like I'm just wasting time.

ZenaxPure

how much weaker are we talking ? :)
for monk

Not that weak, every class can do Torment 6 (highest difficulty) fine and if anything monk has more options to reaching it than some other classes. People get too hung up on the stupid class ranking stuff, everyone can do the endgame solo, no problem.

Things are getting even more closer next patch too, Dahbomb posted the latest Greater Rift rankings (the new class balance benchmark) in the PC thread a few hours ago and literally every class is neck and neck now.

Basically, just play monk if you want, you'll be fine.

Ok...this game was meant for a controller. Combat is God of War enjoyable.

Glad i bought it and it's definitely a good hold me over for Destiny.

I got to level 33 on hard in two days.

Weird. Hit 70 today on my crusader and was rolling in T2. Equipped a nice new legendary 2H that brought me to 336k. Picked up a belt and went to Identify and I was at 297k a minute later. No gear changes. Weird.

SkylineRKR

Thanks I'll look into it next time. Restarting a mission isn't that bad.

Finally figured out a DH build that fits my playstyle and I'm just demolishing T2, now.

Hungering Arrow
Cluster Arrow
Sentry
Smoke Screen
Companion
Preparation

Works like a charm. Might switch Smoke Screen for Vault, though.

This is sort of how I play too. With Devouring and LFB. Tho I also tend to use nades for dat hatred. But I find nades boring.

I do use Vault, with the Discipline reduce rune. You can get out of any situation with it, I noticed never used SS when I had it so I dropped it.

Almost 67 and almost done with Act V, and sure the fact that I've been playing it a ridiculous amount doesn't help, but at this point I'm just rushing through the last quest hoping to hit 70 and finish the game so I can unlock Adventure mode and Paragon points.

Well, I never have to be afraid of arcane lasers ever again, since I just picked up this:

SY8e45O.jpg

My ammy is Level 70 and its stats are

+19% fire skill damage
+710 INT
+5 Attack speed
+64% Crit Damage
+157 Phys Res.
And the best part: Prevent all Arcane damage and heal yourself for 24% of the amount prevented.

fionel

Guys, please help me decide if I should get this on my PS3.

I probably put in around 200 hours in the PC version already. Had practically played all 6 classes to level 70. (Counting the DH and WD that died in hardcore). Nowadays I almost exclusively play my HC Crusader and I have been getting kinda bored from not being able to get the kinda loot that would allow me to move on from T2 to T3.

However I played the PS3 demo a few times and found the controller to be really the preferable way of playing this game. I don't mind the weaker graphics on the ps3 but I don't know if I will have the patience to play a class up to 70 and to grind for loot all over again.

Part of me is telling me I'm crazy for wanting to play through this game for the 6238th time again and the other wanting to give it a whirl.... so what say you?

Top Bottom