• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

I need to start using more Barbarian skills instead of ground stomp (especially now that i have a stun on my Leap) but the pull and then stun is so helpful for managing mobs. I feel like I'm going to go through with drawl if I take it out of the rotation.

ZenaxPure

Are the MotE + IK w/ RoRG sets stuck using IK 2H main hand? Or do you have a link to a setup for that?

MoTE shoulders/gloves/pants + IK hat/chest/belt. Right now the best belt for leapquake is without a doubt Harringtons but greater rifts don't have any clickables so it's pretty much becoming a terrible item in 2.1, but, that gives room for the IK belt to actually shine now. As for the weapon I think a lot of people have been using Maximus because they are fixing all the weapon procs in the game to properly scale with elemental damage, so the Maximus chain is now critting for crazy numbers and it ticks multiple times per second, but, I'm not entirely sure on that.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I beat the game! But I can't figure out how to access adventure mode...? When I loaded up my character again it just put me back at the beginning of the story.

Does levelling up increase you base stats?

Wonder what the melee weapon is with the highest/lowest attack speed in the game. A welcome addition imo would be a simple screen to make it easy to show off your character, showing the way he looks, the equipment/stats he has and the skills equipped

As it is most people are just showing the look and the weapon in the inventory screen

What's the quickest way to upload a PS4 screenshot to a host that can be hotlinked to?

edit: Looking at these pics makes me wonder how steep the level curve is. I'm Level 29 and my stats are a fraction of Level 70 stuff

Just got a level 70 version of this without the socket unfortunately. Still pretty awesome. Using it with the confusion rune is a blast. Watching enemies beat each other to death while my piranhas and army of pets hammer them is fantastic. The witch doctor is soon much fun.

Damn I want one bad. Got an Anessazi edge last night at least.

Still experimenting with builds.

Oh hey, just wanted to tell yall that even the most basic level 70 items shit all over the bugged lvl 60 stuff i have. The dps isn't nearly as high, but who cares I don't die in 1 hit! :)

Anyways, all the bugged gears rly killed this game for me last time round (360). Having a reason to farm gear is the point of this game and makes it super addictive, which is a sort of good thing I suppose.

At least it's not crack!

God, I freak out whenever I hear that damn horn and the controller start to rumble

Love that feature
Yeah, it's a love/hate thing. I love the feature but have had a lot of bad luck with it.

Imagine the horn going when you are surrounded by monsters and you go like "Oh fawk, I need to kill those monsters quickly!" Because if Nemesis appears when the other monsters are still around you done goofed.

glaurung

Found a "cursed" item this weekend with my DH. It was a pair of bracers that would summon an enemy champion mob every time a shrine is used.

Of course the item was not cursed in the regular roguelike sense, I could unequip and replace it any moment. But it was a great way to invoke packs of elites and unique enemies. I abused it for a bit.

Xanathus

Found a "cursed" item this weekend with my DH. It was a pair of bracers that would summon an enemy champion mob every time a shrine is used.

Of course the item was not cursed in the regular roguelike sense, I could unequip and replace it any moment. But it was a great way to invoke packs of elites and unique enemies. I abused it for a bit.

In the PC version people just keep that in their inventory and quickly swap to it before using shrines, but I guess it's a big hassle to do that in the console versions.

nubbe

I would call it blessed...
Moar elites to kill!

Dahaka

Started playing yesterday with a friend via couch coop, me playing Monk and he a Barbarian. We're both at Level 15 now.

I wish I rolled mage or something as his barbarian is at least 30-50% stronger than me and I might have the better movement and mob control play but he just smashes blindly through. Feeling kinda redundant with this class although the moveset is pretty cool.

Haven't played any Diablo before though Diablo 2 briefly.

I'm having trouble with my Demon Hinter build at the moment. I'm playing around with a few different sets right now but can't really decide on one. Any experienced Demon Hunters out there have some advise on skills/runes/gear?

darkwing

I'm having trouble with my Demon Hinter build at the moment. I'm playing around with a few different sets right now but can't really decide on one. Any experienced Demon Hunters out there have some advise on skills/runes/gear?

I'm running a full glass cannon, all dexterity , but I have the armor that has the indestructible trait (no repair costs)

Started playing yesterday with a friend via couch coop, me playing Monk and he a Barbarian. We're both at Level 15 now.

I wish I rolled mage or something as his barbarian is at least 30-50% stronger than me and I might have the better movement and mob control play but he just smashes blindly through. Feeling kinda redundant with this class although the moveset is pretty cool.

Haven't played any Diablo before though Diablo 2 briefly.
You'd be even weaker with the mage. Barbarian is strong throughout but other classes like mage and DM (and I suppose the monk too) really take off later in the game.

-PXG-

I found this

http://diablo.somepage.com/popular/crusader

I'm trying to optimize my build right now. Here is mine again

oJo5nVD.jpg

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I'm seeing a lot of Crusader builds with Blessed Hammer but I can't get into it. The skill feels so weak to me, even if it does do good damage.

Holy shit I just went from lvl 8 Wizard to lvl 26 in like 30min, all I did was join 4P co-op with guys doing T3 bounties. Thanks dirtgnap and rest of the guys :D

Kyoufu

That's twice now that I've seen set items drop from Normal difficulty. I didn't know they changed it in the console version.

Akai XIII

Please RNGesus bless me with a Darklight and Akkhan set.

That said, the build still works ok for melting RGs and Elites without them. Fire, more fire, with an extra helping of fire topped off with fire.

That's twice now that I've seen set items drop from Normal difficulty. I didn't know they changed it in the console version.

Seems like they're still over-compensating drop-rates as an apology for the ones at PC launch that the auction house dictated. I like it.

What class is the best for HC mode if I want to play it safe?
I read that Crusader is a good choice, but I already have one at 70lvl and don't really want to level another one.

Mine right now (I can waltz through T1 rifts/bounties):
Gear for fire damage and resist all, use Cluster Arrow/Loaded for Bear. Entangling Shot/+6 hatred/fire, Smoke Screen/Healing to escape, Preparation to refill Hatred, Vengeance/+10 Hatred/sec. Fan of Knives/knockback/stun.

bebop242

I'm thinking about waiting for a Plus discount on this game. Or even wait for it to go free on Plus.

I'm just not sure I can wait that long. Demo was soooooooooo good.

I wouldn't count on a Plus discount/giveaway. Activision has never given out a game through the service and if they even offer a discount, its likely to be a joke. Nothing lower than 45 bucks.

I'd say just get it now or if you want to realistically save money then wait for Black Friday sales (assuming you're US).

Andrew.

Banned
Back at the office after a nice vacation consisting basically of nothing but this game. It's so bad/good that Im seeing loot pop ups and gold and shit in my sleep.

The only negative I have so far is the save system. Now, I get why it is what it is. If there were quick and constant auto saves, players could just do a fast reload and spam loot drops for legendaries and all that stuff. However, when Im playing through an entire area for a mission and that random ass auto save icon pops up, I should be able to exit the game and reload exactly where that auto save icon popped up, be it inside the second level of a cave, or whatever. Because this isnt the case and the auto save takes you right back to the beginning of the mission/chapter hub (albeit with all loot grabbed from the point you saved at) it's a pretty big pain in the ass to traverse through all that uncharted landscape and dungeons again. Granted, you'll get that additonal xp and loot, but I lost like three hours last night in Act V because I quit out inside the Plague Cave. Reloaded and I was right back in Westmarch with the commons all needing to be rediscovered again =\

Basically I feel like when I sit down to play this and want to quit out at a decent point where I wouldnt have to redo shit, then Ive got to be prepared to spend at least three to four or more hours to get to that point.

Back at the office after a nice vacation consisting basically of nothing but this game. It's so bad/good that Im seeing loot pop ups and gold and shit in my sleep.

The only negative I have so far is the save system. Now, I get why it is what it is. If there were quick and constant auto saves, players could just do a fast reload and spam loot drops for legendaries and all that stuff. However, when Im playing through an entire area for a mission and that random ass auto save icon pops up, I should be able to exit the game and reload exactly where that auto save icon popped up, be it inside the second level of a cave, or whatever. Because this isnt the case and the auto save takes you right back to the beginning of the mission/chapter hub (albeit with all loot grabbed from the point you saved at) it's a pretty big pain in the ass to traverse through all that uncharted landscape and dungeons again. Granted, you get'll get xp and loot, but I lost like three hours last night in Act V because I quit out inside the Plague Cave. Reloaded and I was right back in Westmarch with the commons all needing to be rediscovered again =\

Basically I feel like when I sit down to play this and want to quit out at a decent point where I wouldnt have to redo shit, then Ive got to be prepared to spend at least three to four or more hours to get to that point.

That sounds annoying. I don't remember vanilla on PC being that annoying.

Still, can't wait to get the console version.

Top Bottom