• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Derekb

Is there any way to view your characters and stats from the console versions on Battlenet? When I log in and view my Diablo 3 profile I only see my characters from the PC version. My PSN profile is linked to my Battlenet account.

Andrew.

Banned
That sounds annoying. I don't remember vanilla on PC being that annoying.

Still, can't wait to get the console version.

It is. I still cant figure out the rhyme or reason to the save system and when it occurs. It doesnt even happen when you get out of a mini dungeon like the warehouse in Westmarch, let alone a regular one. It's just an all around pain in the balls. Like, last night I needed to get to bed but I could because the damn icon hadn't popped. When it finally did I was like "Thank christ. Let me see where I'll start off. Westmarch?! I gotta do all that shit over?! Fuuuuuuuuuuck."

Fix this shit, Guerilla.

Back at the office after a nice vacation consisting basically of nothing but this game. It's so bad/good that Im seeing loot pop ups and gold and shit in my sleep.

The only negative I have so far is the save system. Now, I get why it is what it is. If there were quick and constant auto saves, players could just do a fast reload and spam loot drops for legendaries and all that stuff. However, when Im playing through an entire area for a mission and that random ass auto save icon pops up, I should be able to exit the game and reload exactly where that auto save icon popped up, be it inside the second level of a cave, or whatever. Because this isnt the case and the auto save takes you right back to the beginning of the mission/chapter hub (albeit with all loot grabbed from the point you saved at) it's a pretty big pain in the ass to traverse through all that uncharted landscape and dungeons again. Granted, you'll get that additonal xp and loot, but I lost like three hours last night in Act V because I quit out inside the Plague Cave. Reloaded and I was right back in Westmarch with the commons all needing to be rediscovered again =\

Basically I feel like when I sit down to play this and want to quit out at a decent point where I wouldnt have to redo shit, then Ive got to be prepared to spend at least three to four or more hours to get to that point.

It's a testament to the suspend / resume function on the XBONE that I never have to even think about that. My character is always exactly where I left him.

Omnicent

Back at the office after a nice vacation consisting basically of nothing but this game. It's so bad/good that Im seeing loot pop ups and gold and shit in my sleep.

The only negative I have so far is the save system. Now, I get why it is what it is. If there were quick and constant auto saves, players could just do a fast reload and spam loot drops for legendaries and all that stuff. However, when Im playing through an entire area for a mission and that random ass auto save icon pops up, I should be able to exit the game and reload exactly where that auto save icon popped up, be it inside the second level of a cave, or whatever. Because this isnt the case and the auto save takes you right back to the beginning of the mission/chapter hub (albeit with all loot grabbed from the point you saved at) it's a pretty big pain in the ass to traverse through all that uncharted landscape and dungeons again. Granted, you'll get that additonal xp and loot, but I lost like three hours last night in Act V because I quit out inside the Plague Cave. Reloaded and I was right back in Westmarch with the commons all needing to be rediscovered again =\

Basically I feel like when I sit down to play this and want to quit out at a decent point where I wouldnt have to redo shit, then Ive got to be prepared to spend at least three to four or more hours to get to that point.

Are you using the Town Portal before you quite? When you log back on the Town Portal should still be there when you continue (without this things like farming captain crimson leg mats would be a headache... fucking twin seas drop....all my hatred forever), so you get right back to where you were.

Andrew.

Banned
Town Portal (updated my post since it was lacking info).

Ill have to check if I ignited one in the caves or in the Commons. Even still, Ive exited out using them before I quit and it still is kinda crappy. For example, in Act III I was in level 2 of the Barracks or something and I portaled back to town and quit out. The next day I took the portal back to level 2 of the Barracks and the whole place was re-undiscovered.

So even using the portals to exit and then going back to where you were renders the environment completely undiscovered again which makes everything you did before you quit seem like a complete waste of time.

X-Frame

So even with the Apprentice System, if a Level 1 joins a Level 50 player's game, the Level 1's stats will be boosted and they'll also be leveling up more quickly because of the Level 50 player?

Or does the Level 1 have slower XP gained?

So even with the Apprentice System, if a Level 1 joins a Level 50 player's game, the Level 1's stats will be boosted and they'll also be leveling up more quickly because of the Level 50 player?

Or does the Level 1 have slower XP gained?

the level one gains at same rate as a level one game being played solo- just the enemies give relative xp for his level-

in other words:you cannot boost people this way-other than more enemies/mob density (which could be considered boosting I suppose)

if that makes sense- the level one always gains as a level one should: just the level 50 enemies/drops are geared towards the lvl 1, while the enemies/drops are geared towards the lvl 50's character for thier game: at the same damn time

bodine1231

Do the green class sets roll from the shard chick in town in this version? I've gotten greens from her but never the class specifics and I don't want to waist any more shards. I'm dying to get the Zunimassa set for my WD.

ruxtpin

Banned
Couldn't seem to login to PSN this weekend at all, due to Charter issues at first - and then PSN maintenance after that. Soloed the game for 5-6 hours yesterday. I hate it when I get in a game groove and then I have to go to work the next day. I wish I could be a bum today and get my crusader on.

I spent pretty much my entire weekend playing, which I haven't done in... well, I guess I did it last month when Divinity: OS came out, but still! Last night I hopped on right before bed. I was feeling kind of guilty that I was still playing, but then a treasure goblin dropped a insanely great Legendary two-handed mace for my Crusader. Now I'm cruising through Act 5 on Master. Thank you, based RNG!

How is remote play for this game? I bought it for PS4 for this reason although I havent opened it up yet. I originally wanted to get it for the xbone since I don't have many games for it.

X-Frame

the level one gains at same rate as a level one game being played solo- just the enemies give relative xp for his level-

in other words:you cannot boost people this way-other than more enemies/mob density (which could be considered boosting I suppose)

if that makes sense- the level one always gains as a level one should: just the level 50 enemies/drops are geared towards the lvl 1, while the enemies/drops are geared towards the lvl 50's character for thier game: at the same damn time

Thank you, that seems fair and makes sense.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
How is remote play for this game? I bought it for PS4 for this reason although I havent opened it up yet. I originally wanted to get it for the xbone since I don't have many games for it.
Plays fine. I advice remapping R2 to be your least used skill or a long buff. As it's gonna be on the touchpad but other than that, perfectly fine.

good, except for the lack of a second set of triggers, but you can rearrange the button configs if you dont like using the back touch pad for L2 and R2

I have had no interruptions at work playing during lunch breaks-game is responsive and lag free- but I have pretty nice Wifi at work

Audioboxer

Just about to start playing, they've completely overhauled the difficulty options from when I played on PS3.

Should I just start on normal, or is hard okay considering they give you two pieces of good loot to start with? (the ring and shoulder pieces or pauldrons I think it is).

Thanks

abundant

Just about to start playing, they've completely overhauled the difficulty options from when I played on PS3.

Should I just start on normal, or is hard okay considering they give you two pieces of good loot to start with? (the ring and shoulder pieces or pauldrons I think it is).

Thanks

Start on Expert. It's not hard at all and you get more XP.

What class is the best for HC mode if I want to play it safe?
I read that Crusader is a good choice, but I already have one at 70lvl and don't really want to level another one.

I just hit level 70 with a barbarian. It wasn't too bad. I got greedy at the end and almost got clipped at level 69 but, I was able to make it through it with 17 potions and 20 minutes of kiting. :)

Witch Doctor might be alright as well but, they are kind of weak at the beginning...which is the offset for the power at the end maybe...

Ill have to check if I ignited one in the caves or in the Commons. Even still, Ive exited out using them before I quit and it still is kinda crappy. For example, in Act III I was in level 2 of the Barracks or something and I portaled back to town and quit out. The next day I took the portal back to level 2 of the Barracks and the whole place was re-undiscovered.

So even using the portals to exit and then going back to where you were renders the environment completely undiscovered again which makes everything you did before you quit seem like a complete waste of time.

It is frustrating as hell. I have given up trying to clear every nook and cranny though. Now I am making a mad dash to the end of Act V. My Crusader is lvl 57 now and I am near the end of westmarch I believe.

Act V is all new to me. I had beaten vanilla D3 up to Act 2 inferno before I hit the wall and gave up. Act V is a pretty nice environment but I just wann get to 70 and adventure mode now.. It sounds super fun!

Couldn't seem to login to PSN this weekend at all, due to Charter issues at first - and then PSN maintenance after that. Soloed the game for 5-6 hours yesterday. I hate it when I get in a game groove and then I have to go to work the next day. I wish I could be a bum today and get my crusader on.

I hear ya. The only nice thing about work (other than the paycheck) is that I get a chance to catch up on gaf! ;P

Difficulty is sort of strange on this game.

On Expert, the very first little event (the zombies outside New Tristram with the guards) is really easy, and then I was having a really rough time on the Wretched Mother quest, and then as soon as I got a little bit on gear on, the game went into super-easy mode.

When I was doing co-op with two friends, my friend (a barb) and I (crusader) were stomping things so hard that our other friend (demon hunter) was bored and might as well have not been there.

how does the "apprentice system" or wtfever it's called work? The thing where my level 1 can party with a level 40 and we are both competently able to take on the content?

Having some friends over this weekend and just curious if we all should start new level 1 characters or if we'll be okay to play whatever we want (some have the game, some dont)

edit: is it a setting, i mean? when I joined my wife's level 10 character I was still level 1 with 1 skill, but it says
"the lower level character is temporarily boosted up to the higher level for that play session."

wasn't sure if that meant artficially i have the stats of a level 10 or if I should at least have some skills or whatever

I just hit level 70 with a barbarian. It wasn't too bad. I got greedy at the end and almost got clipped at level 69 but, I was able to make it through it with 17 potions and 20 minutes of kiting. :)

Witch Doctor might be alright as well but, they are kind of weak at the beginning...which is the offset for the power at the end maybe...
You can choose difficulty for HC like in normal mode and the only difference is that you lose your character on death, right?
My Crusader's first death in normal mode was only in the last half of Act V, because I was playing on Torment at that point.

X-Frame

Finishing Act 2, the only enemies my Crusader has had trouble with are the Waller enemy types and those rotating lasers. With everything else I can literally dash into the middle of all the enemies and destroy them within a few seconds. When I can, I aggro enemies from multiple areas so they all converge on me, then I start my counter attack.

I can't wait to turn the difficult up to Master.

Haines

Banned
I'm having a pretty serious issue in diablo.

If I'm lucky one of you guys will know the answer. Every single time my fiance starts her character with me it "resets" all her skills with those stars as if she's never looked at those skills yet.

Every time we start a new game.

As you could imagine its annoying and a pain in the ass to clear each new game.

Surbii

Banned

If I'm lucky one of you guys will know the answer. Every single time my fiance starts her character with me it "resets" all her skills with those stars as if she's never looked at those skills yet.

I have the same problem, except I am playing with my sister lol. It's her first non-mobile game. She's always asking to play it.

Azlan

Yep. I have the same problem when I play with my brother or fiance on the xbox one. I hope they come out with a fix for this. It really is a pain to look through and figure out what skills are actually new.

Wow.... So I just had a face off against my first Nemesis and it was painfully easy to kill. I know it killed a Gaf member (PSN started with a M, can't remember. Lol) because my friend list except 2 is purely Gaf members.

I'm only Lvl 17 and playing on normal, once I heard the horns I was expecting an epic battle. Didn't get it.

Also, if your PSN name starts with a "M" and have added me PSN Frost-Fiend check your in game mail. I sent your gift.

You can choose difficulty for HC like in normal mode and the only difference is that you lose your character on death, right?
My Crusader's first death in normal mode was only in the last half of Act V, because I was playing on Torment at that point.

Correct. You can't modify it in game though. You have to exit the game, change it, then restart.

Pons

Neo Member

Same for me, annoying speck on a spectacular game.

Neverwas

with PSN down over the weekend, I ended up getting invaded by my own Nemeses over and over. Unfortunately they weren't very powerful. Maybe I should have let them kill me a couple times.

Yup, same thing happens every time my fiancee and I start playing. It doesn't move anything around, just makes it look like every skill is new. Really odd.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
My first nemesis kill was... my own killer...? Didn't even know that was possible, to get your own.

Btw, the framerate drops to what seems to be single digits when doing the Last of Us rift on PS4. Of course, I had attracted a lot of attention and there were poison gas clouds everywhere. FPS took a huge hit.

Taz

how does the "apprentice system" or wtfever it's called work? The thing where my level 1 can party with a level 40 and we are both competently able to take on the content?

Having some friends over this weekend and just curious if we all should start new level 1 characters or if we'll be okay to play whatever we want (some have the game, some dont)

edit: is it a setting, i mean? when I joined my wife's level 10 character I was still level 1 with 1 skill, but it says
"the lower level character is temporarily boosted up to the higher level for that play session."

wasn't sure if that meant artficially i have the stats of a level 10 or if I should at least have some skills or whatever

That's how it works, anyone can play with anyone , your stats are boosted to match the higher level player , you still get drops for your real level to , just make sure they sign in to a psn account or when they leave to come back and play again the character will be lost .

Abelian75

Neo Member
My first nemesis kill was... my own killer...? Didn't even know that was possible, to get your own.

Btw, the framerate drops to what seems to be single digits when doing the Last of Us rift on PS4. Of course, I had attracted a lot of attention and there were poison gas clouds everywhere. FPS took a huge hit.

Yeah, I didn't realize it was possible either, but during the downtime yesterday I had my own nemesis pop up. And again. And again.

I don't like that guy very much.

So I finished the main story and started act 1 of adventure mode. Should I be doing this on Master difficulty after finishing the story on expert? When should I switch to T1?

I'm level 67 currently.

Top Bottom