• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

the level one gains at same rate as a level one game being played solo- just the enemies give relative xp for his level-

in other words:you cannot boost people this way-other than more enemies/mob density (which could be considered boosting I suppose)

if that makes sense- the level one always gains as a level one should: just the level 50 enemies/drops are geared towards the lvl 1, while the enemies/drops are geared towards the lvl 50's character for thier game: at the same damn time

That maybe true, but if level 1 guy joins a party doing rifts on T4, he can hang back and give support, and the XP he gets is way, way more than doing solo single player. My Wizard just went from lvl 1 to 49 in 2 hours by doing just that. And the other guys don't mind too since they're getting bigger mob to farm.

This hammer is pretty good.

10562591_10152386539756297_4777294481910047169_o.jpg

drotahorror

Does anyone know how to local co-op with only your characters on your account? I had a cousin come over yesterday and I wanted him to use one my fresh level 1's (I was playing a level 1 too) but it wanted him to sign in to a guest account after plugging in the controller. This made him create a new character and now I don't have my warrior that I wanted him to play at level 30 now :(

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So I finished the main story and started act 1 of adventure mode. Should I be doing this on Master difficulty after finishing the story on expert? When should I switch to T1?

I'm level 67 currently.

Put it on T1. If you are getting wrecked or it's taking too long, then drop it back to Master. I did a few bounties on master after finishing the story on expert, then bumped it up to T1.

In other news, thank you Kadala for already giving me my desired T6 crusader weapon, the Darklight.

Does anyone know how to local co-op with only your characters on your account? I had a cousin come over yesterday and I wanted him to use one my fresh level 1's (I was playing a level 1 too) but it wanted him to sign in to a guest account after plugging in the controller. This made him create a new character and now I don't have my warrior that I wanted him to play at level 30 now :(

thats fine, itll level up his stats to be able to play with you.

1s can play with 60s

Requiem

This game is the definition of time sink. Where the fuck does all the time go?! I swear it's so easy to play for 3-4 hours at a time and not even realize it...

I think I've started over about 4 times just to try different classes

Voidance

In other news, thank you Kadala for already giving me my desired T6 crusader weapon, the Darklight.
I wish I had this luck with her. I have spent quite a bit trying to get a Fate of the Fell or Darklight from her, but all I have gotten are garbage yellows.

I did get a Hellskull shield, though, so I do have some luck every now and then.

JP

Is Reaper of Souls going to be the only expansion pack this game gets or is it likely that we'll get more?

Trigonx

Today I have some really good luck, doing my second t1 rift and already 6 legendary and one legendary gift sent out. And I got a legendary from gambling.

Whereas yesterday 6 hours of play only 3 legendary

score01

Ill have to check if I ignited one in the caves or in the Commons. Even still, Ive exited out using them before I quit and it still is kinda crappy. For example, in Act III I was in level 2 of the Barracks or something and I portaled back to town and quit out. The next day I took the portal back to level 2 of the Barracks and the whole place was re-undiscovered.

So even using the portals to exit and then going back to where you were renders the environment completely undiscovered again which makes everything you did before you quit seem like a complete waste of time.

This seems to be the way Diablo 3 works which is totally different from Diable and Diablo 2 (if I remember correctly). I'm playing poor mans Diablo 3 (the original PS3 release). I just make sure that I get down to the next level /area before using the town portal and then messing with the banner and forcing a save.

Pretty sure in D1 and D2 you used to be able to save in those games and your undiscovered map would stay undiscovered regardless of where you used town portal.

Abelian75

Neo Member
Pretty sure in D1 and D2 you used to be able to save in those games and your undiscovered map would stay undiscovered regardless of where you used town portal.

That was the way it worked for offline mode diablo 2, yeah. Online, it always reset.

I agree it's sort of weird, but you get used to it.

Edit: And yeah, given that the story hints strongly at more to come, and given that they must have sold this bastard like crazy, I'd be astonished if another expansion wasn't coming.

I'm in Act V so the home stretch but I'm definitely ready to be through with the story and onto adventure mode and beyond! Is PSN back up? I felt so lonely yesterday playing solo.

Castef

Banned
Started yesterday on Xbox One, with a Demon Hunter.

Nice for now.

Just think that ranged characters would have worked better with a twin-stick setup for firing weapons.

W Hudson

Beat the game (on Expert difficulty) with my Wizard at level 65 last night. The final section certainly upped the difficulty, but still didn't have any real issues. Then jumped into adventure mode on T1 and was getting the shit kicked out of me. I'm thinking I should drop it down to Master until I hit level 70 and improve my gear, cause apparently I'm not ready yet.

Ok fuck those arcane laser beam things

Get one of these and arcane lasers will never be a problem again. In fact, you'll want monsters to use them. I have a Level 70 version and may never take it off.

SY8e45O.jpg

I'm in Act V so the home stretch but I'm definitely ready to be through with the story and onto adventure mode and beyond! Is PSN back up? I felt so lonely yesterday playing solo.

Yeah, PSN came back up last night, just as I was going to bed.

Im having a hard time farming end-game solo, feels more pointless than it already is.

Word is that services are starting to come up but they said that yesterday. Im not even expecting it to be back up until tomorrow.

Started yesterday on Xbox One, with a Demon Hunter.

Nice for now.

Just think that ranged characters would have worked better with a twin-stick setup for firing weapons.

Twin stick shooters are the bottom of the barrel, and I can't think of a way that would even work. Maybe assign attack skills to the bumpers and triggers, then hold them while pointing the right stick to use them?

That maybe true, but if level 1 guy joins a party doing rifts on T4, he can hang back and give support, and the XP he gets is way, way more than doing solo single player. My Wizard just went from lvl 1 to 49 in 2 hours by doing just that. And the other guys don't mind too since they're getting bigger mob to farm.

ah ok- you also have to be some kind of sadistic to jon a T4 game as a lvl 1

jus' sayin :)

BumRush

Fired up the PS4 version for the first time last night at around 10:00...3 hours later it felt like 20 minutes had gone by.

PSN: Massy-Boy ...add me

Some of my observations about warping and map resets (on PS4):

• Using the right d-pad will warp you back to town.
  • When you warp back to town using this method, it will create a portal in town for you to return to the same spot you warped from.
  • When you warp back to town using this method, the map won't reset.
  • When you warp back to town using this method, it will remember the item locations in the area you warped from so you can go back and pick them up.
  • When you warp back to town using the circular stone warp thingys on the ground, the map WILL be reset and it WILL forget the item locations.
    CORRECTED: This isn't true after all. The right d-pad and stone warp stations work the same way. The game only appears to reset the maps when you quit the game and return to character select.
Learning about the d-pad warp portal was very helpful since I know I can warp back to town and salvage or sell my inventory whenever it got full and return without losing my place.

SDCowboy

Is the online completely fucked for anyone else this morning? I'm rubberbanding and warping all over the damn place. My dude even moonwalked!

WizzNARD

How does exp in coop work? Is it shared? I was playing online with a buddy last night who was just starting out, and I was around 30. I was afraid to kill too much stuff and hog all the exp, but it seemed like it was shared, since he was leveling pretty steady, even when I started wrecking house with my Wizard. Anyone know?

First time player here (I did play a little of 1 & 2 at friends years ago, but nothing serious), loving it so far. Still trying to figure out builds and what not, but I'm having a blast doing it.

Put it on T1. If you are getting wrecked or it's taking too long, then drop it back to Master. I did a few bounties on master after finishing the story on expert, then bumped it up to T1.

She gave me my Jekangbord yesterday. Dat Kadala. Hhhnnnnnngggggg.

hydruxo

Twice now I've had multiple nemesis show up at once. I'm talking like 5 or 6. Blizzard should really fix that, because I don't mind taking on one or maybe even two, but anymore than that is ridiculous and you don't stand a chance (especially with other mobs around too).

PrimeRib_

This game is ridiculously good. I spent far too many offline hours yesterday, farming mobs for loot. First hardcore character, got the WD up to level 31. Almost soiled my drawers when a few blue elite "jailers" trapped me and I got swarmed.

How does exp in coop work? Is it shared? I was playing online with a buddy last night who was just starting out, and I was around 30. I was afraid to kill too much stuff and hog all the exp, but it seemed like it was shared, since he was leveling pretty steady, even when I started wrecking house with my Wizard. Anyone know?

First time player here (I did play a little of 1 & 2 at friends years ago, but nothing serious), loving it so far. Still trying to figure out builds and what not, but I'm having a blast doing it.

Everyone gets the same amount of base EXP in co-op (I say base because other players may have equipment that boosts their EXP gain).

WizzNARD

Everyone gets the same amount of base EXP in co-op (I say base because other players may have equipment that boosts their EXP gain).

Great! Thanks for the confirmation. I figured that was the case.

Also, if anyone wants to add me on XBO my gamertag is the same as my gaf name.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I wish I had this luck with her. I have spent quite a bit trying to get a Fate of the Fell or Darklight from her, but all I have gotten are garbage yellows.

I did get a Hellskull shield, though, so I do have some luck every now and then.

Yeah I read the percentages for a legendary are something like 1 or 2 percent, so I got super lucky. Not the greatest roll on the attributes but beggars can't be choosers.

W Hudson

Quick blacksmith question:

If I have unlocked an item that requires level 23 and I have a level 66 character, if I have him craft that item will it scale to my level or will it be around the required level?

Taz

Quick blacksmith question:

If I have unlocked an item that requires level 23 and I have a level 66 character, if I have him craft that item will it scale to my level or will it be around the required level?

Item level not your character level.

Top Bottom