• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

dog$

Hates quality gaming
HC is what gives Diablo meaning.

The added tension and intensity is the last piece of the puzzle.
And then when you die -

"Oh boy I'm using one available skill to ever so slowly attack with my blue weapon that has +VIT against an elite with a single affix. Oh boy, a Legendary dropped! I dare not die after this, so I'll play the game even more cautiously (read: slowly) now!" ZZZZZZZZZZ.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Some people just backup their save on the cloud and HC has no more ''danger'' than softcore. That's the only thing I don't like on console.

Shrug, the purpose of HC is to make the game more interesting, it's not like you get extra rewards. Cheating like that is cheating yourself from the fun ;D

And then when you die -

"Oh boy I'm using one available skill to ever so slowly attack with my blue weapon that has +VIT against an elite with a single affix. Oh boy, a Legendary dropped! I dare not die after this, so I'll play the game even more cautiously (read: slowly) now!" ZZZZZZZZZZ.

You've never played HC, right?

Add me on PSN and let's play it together, You'll see what I mean once you try it.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I did, for about 10 minutes. A friend started a new HC on my account and played it for a half hour. I got bored with pussyfooting around everything and asked myself "Why am I doing this?" and stopped.

Thank you for the offer and civil response.

Daximuss

The Infernal Pauldrons are available as the pre-order bonus everywhere. Those Shadow of The Colossus and The Last of Us items are in the PS3 and PS4 versions only.

Also if you pre-order digitally on PSN you get a set of helm and weapon transmog recipes, a Spectral Hound minion, and three additional character slots.

Both, digital and disc versions will receive the items mentioned above as long as you preorder.

Confirmed on Diablo's official forums: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13734283672

Good god, why do I not have a Vita yet!?

Is not always that great. The vita doesn't have the R2/L2 and instead use the front touch pad or the rear touchpad (It depends on the developer). This, for FIFA14, was a pain in the ass because those buttons are important.

IDK about the button mapping in Diablo 3 but apparently isn't going to be a problem:

Diablo-Controller.png

Hardcore mode trophies eh?

Never getting platinum confirmed. :(

Is not that hard IMHO. Just try to be 5+ levels higher in every zone and you will be ok. Be extra carefull, and know when abandon a fight.

It's way less annoying than "Complete GTA X in less than Y hours" for example.

StMeph

Unless I'm mistaken you can just reload a save from the cloud.

Does that disable the trophies? I was under the assumption that it did not but I'm not entirely sure.

That's pretty ridiculous for Hardcore characters. The Hardcore mode is rendered totally moot at that point.

OmegaDL50

Do we know if the classic Diablo are a new trophy set for the PS4 version ?

Yes, it's going to be an entirely new set because some of the old trophies are impossible to do due to the rebalancing changes.

For example the boss trophies that require you to kill "insert boss" in Normal or Inferno mode no longer are applicable. Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno modes no longer exist as of D3 patch 2.0

Reaper of Souls uses an entirely new difficulty system that scales with the player. The four difficulty levels were removed and replaced with a scaling system where every monster in the game is scaled to the level of the character who created the game, with ten different presets for even more challenge.

You can read about the revised difficulty here - http://www.diablowiki.net/Difficulty#PC_Difficulty_Levels

Never played a Diablo game before, except for Diablo 2 for 10 minutes, and I'm really enjoying this game. It's quite addictive which is surprising me as I find the gameplay to be very repetitive... eager to test the multiplayer which I'm sure is where the game shines.
Started the game in normal with a crusader, the game is really easy, I've yet to see the "Game Over" screen..
Something that I find funny is that I seem to find "rare" equipment quite often, which doesn't make it that rare ... Have some legendary weapon too. Are those randomized ?
Also, is normal that my caracter has like 250 att / 5800 def / 48 health ?

OmegaDL50

Never played a Diablo game before, except for Diablo 2 for 10 minutes, and I'm really enjoying this game. It's quite addictive which is surprising me as I find the gameplay to be very repetitive... eager to test the multiplayer which I'm sure is where the game shines.
Started the game in normal with a crusader, the game is really easy, I've yet to see the "Game Over" screen..
Something that I find funny is that I seem to find "rare" equipment quite often, which doesn't make it that rare ... Have some legendary weapon too. Are those randomized ?

You can always change the difficulty to hard if things are too easy, you also get somewhat better items and slightly more experience for ramping up the challenge.

And having 250 ATK / 5800 DEF isn't an issue. Because by the end game you you'll have basically hundreds of thousands of ATK / DEF / HP and dealing 1 million DPS.

The numbers get ridiculously high by the end game, especially once you get a 2000 DPS weapon and have your gear with so many +% damage modifiers.

"rare" items aren't really rare at all. Legendary and Set items are where it's at.

Once you hear the sound and see that magic orange line you lose your shit.

Until you find out it's another damn Azurewrath

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yes, it's going to be an entirely new set because some of the old trophies are impossible to do due to the rebalancing changes.

For example the boss trophies that require you to kill "insert boss" in Normal or Inferno mode no longer are applicable. Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno modes no longer exist as of D2 patch 2.0

Reaper of Souls uses an entirely new difficulty system that scales with the player. The four difficulty levels were removed and replaced with a scaling system where every monster in the game is scaled to the level of the character who created the game, with ten different presets for even more challenge.

You can read about the revised difficulty here - http://www.diablowiki.net/Difficulty#PC_Difficulty_Levels

sounds great

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong

For example the boss trophies that require you to kill "insert boss" in Normal or Inferno mode no longer are applicable. Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno modes no longer exist as of D2 patch 2.0

Jesus, a lot has changed since I last played (over a year ago).

I wonder what a good but challenging starting difficulty would be for a new Hero?

I read a review on that suggested starting on the highest difficulty, but from that chart, it'd seem like suicide for a level 1 character.

GravyButt

For some reason i decided to buy it digitally on ps4 instead of driving a half hour there and a half hour back to best buy on tuesday

Hope I dont regret it

[...] And having 250 ATK / 5800 DEF isn't an issue. Because by the end game you you'll have basically hundreds of thousands of ATK / DEF / HP and dealing 1 million DPS. [...]

I am not used to those kind of stats :)
I've mostly played JRPGs.
As for the diffculty, since I'm discovering the game, I think I'll finish it first on normal then do the other difficulties.

"rare" items aren't really rare at all. Legendary and Set items are where it's at

Yeah, I figured that much. Too many "rare" drops.
Got a few "Legendary" drop but still no "Set item".
I imagine a set item are a part of a set of armor and are better than legendary ?

Thanks for the answers.
This game is definitly quite good !

catspit

Can't decide between a barb or a crusader... Don't really know the difference between the two.. Damage/survivability wise

Drewfonse

I know that this has been addressed in a number of ways, but for someone who has only beaten D3 on the 360 once, on Normal, what would be a good difficulty to start with? I read the wiki description, but I'm not sure if Master might be too much of a slog for a first play through. I'm pretty experienced with RPGs and their nuances, but I just don't have tons of experience with D3 specifically.

thanks for the feedback.

I know that this has been addressed in a number of ways, but for someone who has only beaten D3 on the 360 once, on Normal, what would be a good difficulty to start with? I read the wiki description, but I'm not sure if Master might be too much of a slog for a first play through. I'm pretty experienced with RPGs and their nuances, but I just don't have tons of experience with D3 specifically.

thanks for the feedback.

Sometimes it's fun to just run and gun through monsters, tearing them up and racing through levels. If that's your jam, go ahead and go Normal.

The big difference with changing difficulties is how long it takes to kill enemies, so it all really just depends on how fast you want to run through the game. Luckily, it just takes a second to change it, with no penalty, so you can adjust it to your liking pretty quickly.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I know that this has been addressed in a number of ways, but ... what would be a good difficulty to start with?
A General Primary rule of Diablo 3 is that if it takes you more than ten seconds (some would argue five or less, but let's be generous here) to kill any given elite pack, you need to bump the difficulty down.

Killing Speed is King. Period. If nothing is dying, you're not getting drops. If you're not getting drops, you're wasting time.

hlhbk

Is there a reason to purchase the ultimate edition on consoles if you already have the origional Diablo 3 and its expansion on PC?

dog$

Hates quality gaming
If you play the game solo no less than 100% of the time, no you don't really need UEE.

Otherwise, play the game where your friends are.

Is there a reason to purchase the ultimate edition on consoles if you already have the origional Diablo 3 and its expansion on PC?

Local co-op and gamepad controls are the main draw. Also, if your gaming rig sucks, you get to play the game in 1080p 60fps.

ashylarry

For anyone interested in Diablo 3 for PS4, if you are living in Germany just search on ebay for it and you see an offer for 54,90€ including delivery.

the social loot system (mail/friend legendary drops) are not on PC
the apprentice mode is not on PC
the nemesis mode is not on PC

Top Bottom