• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Petrie

Banned
Odd...I did all the bounties for act 5 and didn't get the cache.

Was your inventory full? I was playing with my brother and had that happen, and he ended up getting both. Sucked.

Also, loviing the Nemesis stuff and have sent lots of Gaffers Legendaries! Add me on PS4 everybody!

PSN ID: PetriesLastWord

It's incredibly annoying that my characters share gold. I know eventually you get plenty of gold but I don't like sharing the pools.

Can it be disabled?

Nope. And I think it's great, since I can quickly gear up new characters from the start. And picking up gold while doing the story with an alt will benefit my main character. Why do you find it annoying?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
We do people need gold for? I have millions of gold, but not sure what I would ever spend it on.

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
I got an insane level 70 amulet drop today that gave me 100% Arcane Resistance and heals me for 25% of all Arcane damage. Now when I see those spinning beams I go and stand on top of one for a constant health buff while I wreck everything around me. I doubt thats ever getting replaced.

naib

Tempted to grab this on PS4 for a couple reasons. Haven't yet bought upgrade for PC version. My desk is in storage and I'm limited to 4G internet for at least the next couple months. All my gaming is TV/couch local MP for awhile.

I'm pretty much all digital lately, but because of aforementioned 4G internet I'm looking at the physical copy. Any reason not to? Loud or slower load times? Anything like that? How big is the day 1 patch? If it's huge, I may just bring the PS4 up to work anyway.

Really want to grab it on the way home though.. :)

edit:
Another quick question: I know I can play offline, but can we also pause now?

ZenaxPure

We do people need gold for? I have millions of gold, but not sure what I would ever spend it on.

Mystic without a doubt. I have a few items on my characters that reached nearly 10 mil gold per single reroll. Trying to get the exact stat you want can be pretty hard sometimes.

Tempted to grab this on PS4 for a couple reasons. Haven't yet bought upgrade for PC version. My desk is in storage and I'm limited to 4G internet for at least the next couple months. All my gaming is TV/couch local MP for awhile.

I'm pretty much all digital lately, but because of aforementioned 4G internet I'm looking at the physical copy. Any reason not to? Loud or slower load times? Anything like that? How big is the day 1 patch? If it's huge, I may just bring the PS4 up to work anyway.

Really want to grab it on the way home though.. :)

I bought the physical version, no problems with load times at all. The PS4's fan goes into turbo mode, though. But it's still holding up well. Day 1 patch wasn't very big. I think it took me only a few minutes to download.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Mystic without a doubt. I have a few items on my characters that reached nearly 10 mil gold per single reroll. Trying to get the exact stat you want can be pretty hard sometimes.

Oh... well, then, I better keep saving!

SDCowboy

Was your inventory full? I was playing with my brother and had that happen, and he ended up getting both. Sucked.

Also, loviing the Nemesis stuff and have sent lots of Gaffers Legendaries! Add me on PS4 everybody!

PSN ID: PetriesLastWord

It was full. Am I screwed?

I got an insane level 70 amulet drop today that gave me 100% Arcane Resistance and heals me for 25% of all Arcane damage. Now when I see those spinning beams I go and stand on top of one for a constant health buff while I wreck everything around me. I doubt thats ever getting replaced.

Countess Julia's Cameo? That amulet is a game changer. I posted a picture of it on the last page, actually.

Blu10

So how does this work exactly. If my gear has pickup distance increased by 1 meter, is it possible with continued trying to get it switched to a socket, or only certain things can roll into other things?

So how does this work exactly. If my gear has pickup distance increased by 1 meter, is it possible with continued trying to get it switched to a socket, or only certain things can roll into other things?

You can choose one affix to re-roll, and there's a list of certain affixes that can be randomly chosen. You can press Square to inspect the affix and bring up the list of the possible re-rolls. Once you re-roll an affix, you can't choose to re-roll any of the other existing ones.

edit:Another quick question: I know I can play offline, but can we also pause now?

I have digital for PS4- although spent the weekend at a friends house who was running the retail copy and it ran silent- so no worry there-

and Yes you can pause solo play at anytime-

Syrus

Banned
I bought the physical version, no problems with load times at all. The PS4's fan goes into turbo mode, though. But it's still holding up well. Day 1 patch wasn't very big. I think it took me only a few minutes to download.

Never hear my X1 fan and load times are 2-3 seconds. Digital though

ZenaxPure

Primary stats can only reroll into other primary stats, and secondary into secondary so no pickup radius into a socket because pickup is a secondary where as a socket is a primary. In addition it also has to obey normal stat rules so no getting a socket on things that can't get a socket by default for example.

Can someone tell me how to get set (green?) items? Do they drop like any other items, just at a much lower rate? Is their drop rate even lower than legendary? It must be, because I've never seen one drop.

Killed my first nemesis encounter, I'm too good at this game

I ran away from him while spamming ranged attacks, and happened to have just met the Enchantress, so had two companions attacking him

Speaking of the Enchantress, how come it says she can use all sorts of weapons, but when you equip her with a melee weapon she just uses spells anyway?

Also, bit worried about using the Puzzle Ring. If the goblin automatically takes normal items, that will hamper my salvaging surely, perhaps putting me in a situation later on where I don't have the resources I want?

Can someone tell me how to get set (green?) items? Do they drop like any other items, just at a much lower rate? Is their drop rate even lower than legendary? It must be, because I've never seen one drop.

Set items have a very low chance of dropping. Just pray more to RNGesus.

I'm at Paragon 64 and have gotten 5 Set items; 2 boots and 3 amulets. And I've gotten crafting plans for 4 different sets.

Lernaean

Banned

In pure math then yes, they are rarer than legendaries because they are legendaries, so every legendary drop has a chance being a set item (green).
In reality you don't call them rarer, as they are no different than other legendaries. You may have a drop that is a named legendary sword or a named legendary sword that belongs to a set.

DagsJT

So is it better to salvage or sell unwanted gear? I've got the blacksmith to Level 10 but a lot of stuff available at level 38 isn't particularly great and better than what I have.

Haines

Banned
So is it better to salvage or dell unwanted gear? I've got the blacksmith to Level 10 but a lot of stuff available at level 38 isn't particularly great and better than what I have.

Salvage for later. You will get lots of gold playing the game for now.

Most gear comes from drops for now anyways. You just check the blacksmith and merchants one in a while to fill some holes in your build that drops didn't.

Lernaean

Banned
Speaking of the Enchantress, how come it says she can use all sorts of weapons, but when you equip her with a melee weapon she just uses spells anyway?

All casters, WD, Wiz and enchantress just use the weapons as catalysts to cast spells, so you can have a Wiz with a 2hand sword and another with wand and both having the same animations. Same with Monk, no matter the weapon he simply punches baddies around.

Lernaean

Banned
When you're in your 300th hour, you'll still be bitching about them. Trust me.

There is a talisman, on PC at least, that not only gives you arcane damage immunity, but also heals you for around 25% of the damage that never hurt you anyway. Got it on my Wiz and i actually hunt the arcane sentries when champs drop them.

ZenaxPure

All casters, WD, Wiz and enchantress just use the weapons as catalysts to cast spells, so you can have a Wiz with a 2hand sword and another with wand and both having the same animations. Same with Monk, no matter the weapon he simply punches baddies around.

Technically every class works that way really. It's not like the giant Hammer of the Ancients barbarian use is actually your weapon. Same thing with weapon throw, can have a 2h sword but what type of weapon you throw is based on the rune you pick, not what you have equipped.

Omega

Banned
Get one of these and arcane lasers will never be a problem again. In fact, you'll want monsters to use them. I have a Level 70 version and may never take it off.

SY8e45O.jpg

Yeah, PSN came back up last night, just as I was going to bed.

wow I never read the description on that.

I wondered why I never took arcane damage.

Recall

I'm finding the game boring in long stretches, granted I'm playing by myself but it just gets dull fast. Is it always best just to play with others, even randoms?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Set items are technically legendaries so they have the same drop rate. The difference is they make up a much smaller part of the huge pool of legendary items, so they do drop less (per se)

When I enter the dungeon with one of those CPU characters like the enchantress, do I still get the same amount of XP?
Yes. There is no difference. Followers are huge boons to playing. Be sure to set their skills and GEAR THEM. You get a % of their stats as yours. There is no reason not to have one with you other than rolling bro to test your skills. As of right now the Templar is pretty much the go-to for the heals.

barit

Odd...I did all the bounties for act 5 and didn't get the cache.

You must check if Bonus Reward was granted for Act 5. I think not because only Act 1 and 2 have a Bonus Reward so far. And if i´m correct horadrim caches are only Bonus Rewards.

Saganator

Ok fuck those arcane laser beam things

Be glad you're playing on a console. They're much harder to avoid on PC, IMO. Also be glad they've been nerfed, they were ridiculous at launch in Inferno.

What are some people's highest kill streaks? I'm getting kinda addicted to the art of keeping the kill streaks going to get higher XP multipliers. My highest so far is like 165'ish, I think I got a 3X multiplier. I'm sure some people here have destroyed my record. How high does the multiplier go?

Be glad you're playing on a console. They're much harder to avoid on PC, IMO. Also be glad they've been nerfed, they were ridiculous at launch in Inferno.

What are some people's highest kill streaks? I'm getting kinda addicted to the art of keeping the kill streaks going to get higher XP multipliers. My highest so far is like 165'ish, I think I got a 3X multiplier. I'm sure some people here have destroyed my record. How high does the multiplier go?

My highest was around 168. It's super fun to go for a high streak.

Highest I've seen is 5000+.

I've gotten 1003 (4x, Diabolical Massacre). I'm not sure if there's a limit.

WizzNARD

So. Many. Blacksmith plans.

I assume plans are random as well? I think I've picked up one so far. Only lvl 30 though. Also, as far as leveling up the Blacksmith, does it matter what you buy to train him? At first I just chose random stuff, now that it's starting to cost more I'm wondering if I should put more thought into it.

So because of a hungover impulse buy, I double-dipped on this even after playing countless hours part of the NA GAF clan on PC. Mainly because a few friends didn't buy it on PC and wanted to play with me. I started playing late Saturday night. I didn't put the game down until I cleared Act V.

I know a lot of people have said this, but you can tell they created this game with consoles in mind. It plays extremely well, and feels as comfortable as how I played PC (mostly one-handed with a multi-button mouse).

Just a few observations/questions:

1) I thought density was going to be dropped for console? I haven't done any rifts, but through normal leveling I didn't notice any differences. Awesome!

2) No framerate drops in Rakkis Crossing? What wizardry is this, and more importantly, why can't they fix that on PC.

3) It is painful re-gearing again after doing so multiple times on the PC. Especially since when seasons come out I'll probably play on PC as well. Mainly leveling gems is going to suck. I had about 100mill in gold on PC so the upgrades weren't bad. That and not playing on torment is weird. Forgot how the early gear grind seems to be tougher than later.

4) Is there actual Battle.net integration? Such as character search? I was sad to hear I couldn't import my PC characters (makes sense) but I hoped achievement banner icons, etc. could transfer over. I saw Diablo collectors edition and MoP icons showed up in mine, but I assumed maybe everyone got them since my other one's are missing.

5) Overall, happy I double-dipped. Plays like a different game, looks surprisingly good, and I'm very impressed with the sound quality, even though it seems a little bit too amped up without adjusting settings. Had to turn my surround sound down, which rarely happens.

Top Bottom