• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Doing my first rift! I have no idea what they entail, so wish me luck, lol.

I know the feeling. I bought Diablo 3 four days ago on the PC. I have a Monk with my friend and I didn't understand the story at all. I also have a Wizard, and with that character I go through everything and all the journals and the likes. That way I get the story more. It's great.
Yeah I just started playing again by myself and it's way more enjoyable, adventure mode definitely is fun coop

So I was in act 5, destroyed the second crucible and walked south to talk to Myriam. The yellow circle was there, she wasn't.

I quit the game, continued and noticed that all previous areas were not explored so I had to clear them all over again. Well, ok, shit happens.
After an hour I came back to the crucible, destroyed it and went south, she wasn't there AGAIN.

What is this? Am I missing something? I really don't want to clear all those areas a third time in a row...

Quoting myself, apparently there is a bug which allows Myriam to be killed (especially by champions). So as soon as she follows you go straight to the second crucible, otherwise you risk getting stuck.

Andrew.

Banned
So once you unlock Adventure Mode, can you go through it with any other class in addtion to the one you finished the campaign as? And do the other classes start at level 1?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So far this Nephalem Rift is boring as hell. My objective is to kill all enemies in the area, and it's progressing very slowly... I'm at 22% after 20 minutes or so.

Dahbomb

So far this Nephalem Rift is boring as hell. My objective is to kill all enemies in the area, and it's progressing very slowly... I'm at 22% after 20 minutes or so.
You are playing the Rift at too hard of a difficulty. It should take you 15 mins to clear a Rift so play on the difficulty that allows you to do that otherwise you are wasting your time.

SDCowboy

I'm about to give up on ever getting a legendary, much less a set piece, weapon from Kadala. All I ever get is straight up trash. :(

Haines

Banned
God damn you diablo itch! 5 minutes into work and wishing I was wrecking demons with my pets.

They did an amazing job on which doctor. Starts slow but wow at all the pet choices.

Angry chicken is the best thing I've done in diablo yet.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm about to give up on ever getting a legendary, much less a set piece, weapon from Kadala. All I ever get is straight up trash. :(

As I mentioned earlier, I just got my t6 build weapon from her yesterday, so keep at it. It's just random.

ZenaxPure

You are playing the Rift at too hard of a difficulty. It should take you 15 mins to clear a Rift so play on the difficulty that allows you to do that otherwise you are wasting your time.

It's probably worth mentioning though that if it has taken you 20 minutes to reach 22% and you haven't been dying or really losing HP it means you need to completely rework your gear (and maybe even your skills). You have sacrificed too much damage in favor of toughness.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Weird, I just got a level 43 rare dagger while doing this rift at level 70.

Yeah? I'm playing on Master which is what I've been doing since starting Act V. The enemies in the rift aren't any harder than what I'm used to, there's just so many I have to exterminate.

ZenaxPure

Yeah? I'm playing on Master which is what I've been doing since starting Act V. The enemies in the rift aren't any harder than what I'm used to, there's just so many I have to exterminate.

All that means is you have been moving at a slow speed even outside of rifts as well. What I mentioned in my previous post is something you need to start looking at.

I just started the game about an hour or two ago and chose demon hunter having never played one on PC.

Man the start for that class is brutal! It took me ages to slog though the first wee bits with the wretched mothers. Thought it was maybe because I started on the 3rd difficulty level but I then went with a wizard and was blowing things up.

How come the demon hunter is so slow to being with?

So I just realized the vendor with big boobs can enchant your gear, that's cool. Is it worth the risk?

Also, wtf is the ingredient you need to train your blacksmith/jared jeweler past level 10? It says 0/1 but I have no clue what I am supposed to be looking for or how to find it.

Last noob question, what are all of these tears for?

God damn you diablo itch! 5 minutes into work and wishing I was wrecking demons with my pets.

They did an amazing job on which doctor. Starts slow but wow at all the pet choices.

I play with a group of 4 that has two witch doctors. The screen becomes complete chaos with all their pets on screen plus my wizard stuff and the crusaders stuff. We make the joke that we cant even tell whats going on... just mash buttons and watch those damage numbers fly!!

SDCowboy

Angry chicken is the best thing I've done in diablo yet.

Dude, I was at work yesterday and I could think about was getting home and running pug bounties/rifts.

Lernaean

Banned
I just started the game about an hour or two ago and chose demon hunter having never played one on PC.

Man the start for that class is brutal! It took me ages to slog though the first wee bits with the wretched mothers. Thought it was maybe because I started on the 3rd difficulty level but I then went with a wizard and was blowing things up.

How come the demon hunter is so slow to being with?

DH is slow to start with, requires you to know the class very well to be good at it and is very often very hard to be geared properly for endgame, but if you have the patience to invest on the DH, they are imo the most fun to play.

I wish you had to clear a rift solo on each difficulty before you could search for it in quick match. So many games are flooded with people standing in crap gear waiting to get carried through, really bogs things down.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's probably worth mentioning though that if it has taken you 20 minutes to reach 22% and you haven't been dying or really losing HP it means you need to completely rework your gear (and maybe even your skills). You have sacrificed too much damage in favor of toughness.
Aw man, really? That sucks. The game is too easy on Expert, but if I'm really just dragging out battles for myself unnecessarily, I guess I may as well bump it down. But I'm level 70 with 146K attack, 3191K armor, and 9245 health regen (or whatever that last main stat is). That's not good enough for Master?

And thanks for the toughness explanation earlier! I think I got what you were saying.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Diablo noob here.

I plan on picking this up later today. So, I was wondering which character should I start with first?

Blu10

Aw man, really? That sucks. The game is too easy on Expert, but if I'm really just dragging out battles for myself unnecessarily, I guess I may as well bump it down. But I'm level 70 with 146K attack, 3191K armor, and 9245 health regen (or whatever that last main stat is). That's not good enough for Master?

And thanks for the toughness explanation earlier! I think I got what you were saying.

For what it's worth, the slog from around 125k dps to around 280k dps took me days running the rifts at T1... Took me maybe 2 hours to go from 300k to 580k.

That first part was just really painful.

DH is slow to start with, requires you to know the class very well to be good at it and is very often very hard to be geared properly for endgame, but if you have the patience to invest on the DH, they are imo the most fun to play.

Cheers I played Barb and WD on PC so DH feels totally alien and the slow start really doesnt help, I think I will go back to it as my second character once im more comfy with the use of the controller, glad its not just me!

Omnicent

Dude, I was at work yesterday and I could think about was getting home and running pug bounties/rifts.

I can send you a Mortal Drama if you have nothing better/if you use bombardment (it did not roll amazingly though. Same thing happened in PC. my first Leg flail was a MD *sigh*. If my next leg flail is a FoTF then RNGesus has put me
in a D3 time loop on Crusader)

Is your info in the spreedsheet?

Also being able to trade is so good. Wish PC version had this option to mail.

SDCowboy

I can send you a Mortal Drama if you have nothing better/if you use bombardment (it did not roll amazingly though. Same thing happened in PC. my first Leg flail was a MD *sigh*. If my next leg flail is a FoTF then RNGesus has put me
in a D3 time loop on Crusader)

Is your info in the spreedsheet?

For right now, I think I'm still gonna try to improve on my own (or on my own luck lol). Thank you very much for the offer though. :)

OK, so I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this:

I've been getting tons of legendary drops while soloing, but I'm not getting any gifts dropping. On launch day I got a gift drop for almost every legendary but since then I've had nothing. I know it's supposed to be a random chance for a gift, but seriously, nothing?
I get a gift drop after beating a nemesis, but not for legendaries. I have received tons of gifts from you guys but I feel like I'm not able to contribute. Anything else had this? Hoping it's nothing to do with having literally hundreds of you on my friends list lol :p

Diablo noob here.

I plan on picking this up later today. So, I was wondering which character should I start with first?

I was a noob as well and I started crusader - now I tank everything while lightning hammers of justice spin around me - so much fun. I also see a lot of my friends rolling with monk and it looks awesome.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The number dial that's used when selecting items to gift / sell / stash / etc. is so terrible. It's honestly my number one complaint about the game, lol. We should be able to push up and down to skip by intervals of 50 rather than having it jump around sporadically.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Just met the The Mystic. Can someone explain her value to me? I know she can alter a single property of your items which is randomly selected from a big list, then you choose from a smaller list, but.... Other than making your items look better, is that all she does? I feel like I'm missing the significance.

For right now, I think I'm still gonna try to improve on my own (or on my own luck lol). Thank you very much for the offer though. :)

9YEJTUF.gif

hydruxo

The number dial that's used when selecting items to gift / sell / stash / etc. is so terrible. It's honestly my number one complaint about the game, lol. We should be able to push up and down to skip by intervals of 50 rather than having it jump around sporadically.

Ugh yes that thing is the worst. Took me way too long to send gold to a friend a few days ago.

Shinta

Banned
Gear question for people at the end.

Is there a crazy piece of gear for Monk that basically gives you the Cyclone wind move as a constant effect?

If I had something like that, I could pretty much fulfill my DBZ fantasy.

Man, I went to redownload D3 for PC just to mess around, but forgot my authenticator is an on old phone I no longer have. That's fine, I'll just remove it...except they won't send me the email that has the reset code. Am I just boned out of my games forever or what?

No you will have to call/chat with blizzard to remove the authenticator. I've had to do it a number of times when my phone gets replaced.

Just met the The Mystic. Can someone explain her value to me? I know she can alter a single property of your items which is randomly selected from a big list, then you choose from a smaller list, but.... Other than making your items look better, is that all she does? I feel like I'm missing the significance.

She's there to help min/max your gear affixes. For example, I play as a Wizard and have a ring that increases the damage of say, Blizzard. But I don't use Blizzard in my build so it would be better to re-roll that affix so I get an increase to the damage of a skill I do use.

I'm uninventive when it comes to naming my video game characters, I usually just use my first name which is Michael. Doesn't matter if it's Elders Scroll, Dragon Age, random WRPG or JRPG, and now Diablo (3).

I have google old names, elven names, dwarven names, and just old names trying to find that one cool mid evil name I can use instead of my first name. It's driving me crazy. I'm about to create a WD and my first name doesn't fit. Does anyone else have this problem or do I have a couple screws loose?

Top Bottom