• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Andrew.

Banned
I'm uninventive when it comes to naming my video game characters, I usually just use my first name which is Michael. Doesn't matter if it's Elders Scroll, Dragon Age, random WRPG or JRPG, and now Diablo (3).

I have google old names, elven names, dwarven names, and just old names trying to find that one cool mid evil name I can use instead of my first name. It's driving me crazy. I'm about to create a WD and my first name doesn't fit. Does anyone else have this problem or do I have a couple screws loose?

Im old and dont give a shit about creative names anymore so I just go with my first. Rock on man.

Dahbomb

Gear question for people at the end.

Is there a crazy piece of gear for Monk that basically gives you the Cyclone wind move as a constant effect?

If I had something like that, I could pretty much fulfill my DBZ fantasy.
You mean Sweeping Wind?

You can get the 3 piece Inna's Set that makes the cost of refreshing SW almost negligible. It will allow you to have SW up permanently.

Shinta

Banned
You mean Sweeping Wind?

You can get the 3 piece Inna's Set that makes the cost of refreshing SW almost negligible. It will allow you to have SW up permanently.

I just like being able to walk by giant pillars and have them shatter without me doing anything.

I'll have to get that set sometime. Thanks!

ZenaxPure

Aw man, really? That sucks. The game is too easy on Expert, but if I'm really just dragging out battles for myself unnecessarily, I guess I may as well bump it down. But I'm level 70 with 146K attack, 3191K armor, and 9245 health regen (or whatever that last main stat is). That's not good enough for Master?

And thanks for the toughness explanation earlier! I think I got what you were saying.

Like I mentioned earlier those stats are pretty much worthless at max level. Damage is just as bad as toughness because a lot of stats are not included in that calculation. The easiest example to understand this is elemental damage. All make believe here, but: say you have 10 damage on your character screen. With that stat you have a fire attack that will hit for 100 damage. Now, if you have stacked 100% fire elemental damage on your gear your 10 damage number is not going to change any, but your fire attack is going to hit twice as hard (so 200 damage per hit). Any stat with an orange diamond next to it is not included in your damage stat. Basically what I am trying to get at here is your 146k damage stat means jack shit for determining how good your character is. That number is basically nonsense noise when I read it, and it should be for you as well.

Dahbomb mentioned this yesterday, but, the endgame of Diablo 3 is about finding broken item and skill combinations. Since there are no "better stats" on gear (since everything is level 70 and has the same stats) you are going to need to look for these item combinations if you want to move up in difficulties.

That said, from your minimal description it sounds like your gear might be out of whack. Ignoring broken item combinations right now, as that is more of an advanced thing when you actually hit torment difficulty you should make sure you have DPS stats where you can get them. As a brief example (since I don't really want to break down every single piece of gear in insane detail):

Make sure your gloves, rings, and amulet all have your primary stat (str/dex/int), critical hit chance, and critical hit damage. Your amulet should also have elemental damage. Your bracers should have your primary stat, critical hit chance, and elemental damage. Your weapon needs a socket. This is not a suggestion, a weapon with no socket is worthless, to the point where blizz knows this and 2.1 is adding an item that allows you to put a socket onto a weapon. That socket needs to be an emerald. Every other gem in a weapon is absolute garbage, even a ruby.

D3 is a game centered around critical hits, meaning a fairly high critical hit chance and critical hit damage is required to break into higher difficulties. If you follow those rules above you should be able to do Torment 1 no problem. But somehow If you are following those rules and still having issues it means that your build is a problem and you need to change some things around.

Past that the game gets more advanced, but, what I was describing is more of a starter guide before shit hits the fan.

Just met the The Mystic. Can someone explain her value to me? I know she can alter a single property of your items which is randomly selected from a big list, then you choose from a smaller list, but.... Other than making your items look better, is that all she does? I feel like I'm missing the significance.

She becomes a game within herself. Get that awesome weapon without a socket that completely made it worthless, now you get to gamble for a socket. Get an amazing ring with cold damage and you want to be fire? Get gamblin', son.

It's a pretty neat feature that will drain you of gold and legendary shards, but will definitely help you "gear up" much faster while looking how you want.

Mr Croft

Got bombardiers rucksack from kadala today! Now have maruders set with the quiver throwing down 4 sentries (5 with custom build) both shooting multishot and cluster arrow. Other DHs this is what you guys need to be farming for! You will be able to easily solo T6 so much fun watching the sentries and pets all the work. Such an amazing set for DH.

I need harringtons belt and Tasker and theo/ magefist :(

Omnicent

BTW, what's the set I should be focusing on if I'm a DPS Crusader?

Generally Class set (akkhan + RoRG) and Fate of The Fell (can also use Darklight for Firelight builds, but you lack prophet since you need to run Fire-starter).

Going to want enough CDR to have permanent Akarat's champion (Prophet + Indestructible)
Here is the guide I used before I stopped playing (waiting for 2.1). It probably has some out of date things, not sure.

In 2.1 with seasons you are going to want to get a BoP + the seasonal shield at some point (not sure whats all going to be in the console version for 2.1).

Right now my build is here

I'm in all rares (except for Reapers Wraps). With my cdr/provoke/Unstoppable Force I have little wrath issues and when I encounter a pack I pop Akarat's. The lighting Arcs proc Fire Starter, so it does enough damage at my difficulty level.

Right now i'm trying to get a Blessed Shield Fire build going (not even going to bother with FotF till I get the class set as it devours wrath), but no luck on a Jerkangbord yet.

If I get a Darklight will probably use that though I'll need some RCR.

Dahbomb

143K damage is too low. I would not venture into Master with those stats.

Sure in Master I would not die but if I am not one shotting white monsters then it's not worth doing Rifts for that difficulty.

SDCowboy

Generally Class set (akkhan + RoRG) and Fate of The Fell (can also use Darklight for Firelight builds, but you lack prophet since you need to run Fire-starter).

Going to want enough CDR to have permanent Akarat's champion (Prophet + Indestructible)
Here is the guide I used before I stopped playing (waiting for 2.1). It probably has some out of date things, not sure.

In 2.1 with seasons you are going to want to get a BoP + the seasonal shield at some point (not sure whats all going to be in the console version for 2.1).

So can I get Akkhan gear in both random drops and from the blood shard lady? And are consoles getting seasons now?

Jaeyden

So I had Cloak of the Garwulf drop for me at lvl 54. This thing is awesome but I am lvl 70 DH now. What do I do with this thing? I can't take it off because my three wolf tanks are just too good.

I am continuously doing act 1 and 2 cache runs in the hopes it gives me a legendary? I'm doing it on normal as advised but getting nothing but rift shards which I'm too weak to do.

So I had Cloak of the Garwulf drop for me at lvl 54. This thing is awesome but I am lvl 70 DH now. What do I do with this thing? I can't take it off because my three wolf tanks are just too good.

You should probably replace it with a Level 70 Chest. The wolf tanks are cool, but you're missing out on a ton of DPS potential.

meppi

Just a quick question. When you pick up a gift for a specific friend on your list, does it get sent automatically?
Because I just picked one up for the very first time and I can't find it anywhere in my inventory.

Just a quick question. When you pick up a gift for a specific friend on your list, does it get sent automatically?
Because I just picked one up for the very first time and I can't find it anywhere in my inventory.

It's in the first slot above potions in the inventory screen. You have to press X to send it.

tuna_love

Banned
Its in the items tab thing. Where potions and crafting shit is

For a religious fanatic the crusader is a lot of fun.

I don't see the "fanatic" part unless you're going simply by the "real" crusaders, and in the end even the real crusaders were guided by something other than faith..

dude(going by the male voice) seems pretty centered and dare I say laid back outside of battle. He is a lot of fun when you find your groove though, so many options!

Slixshot

Banned
playin with my friends who are playing as a hunter and a wizard and I'm a monk. Do monks level slower because they're melee or do i suck?

Mr Croft

try and get the marauder set and you get all the pets. You may not have three wolves but you can use sentry with cluster and multishot once you get the set.

zou

resources in this game are seriously fucked up, at level 70 everything requires souls, which drop about as often as legendaries. I've got so many set and unique plan I'll never get to use because I need them all for re-rolling stats. And since enchanting is essentially gambling, you'll often need more than a few tries to get it right. Other than when first leveling up I only used the blacksmith to salvage items. It also seriously devalues every other item in the game, I'm not gonna bother picking up yellow trash if I don't have any souls....

really killing my interest in the game.

I think I ran into a bug.

Belial is invincible. I can get him down to 0% on T2 but he won't die.

I suicides and tried a bunch of times and same thing each time.

I killed him no problem before on T1 and earlier.

Anyone else see this?

resources in this game are seriously fucked up, at level 70 everything requires souls, which drop about as often as legendaries. I've got so many set and unique plan I'll never get to use because I need them all for re-rolling stats. And since enchanting is essentially gambling, you'll often need more than a few tries to get it right. Other than when first leveling up I only used the blacksmith to salvage items. It also seriously devalues every other item in the game, I'm not gonna bother picking up yellow trash if I don't have any souls....

really killing my interest in the game.

Yep I just blew a bunch of souls trying to reroll a stat on a legendary and nothing. I get 3 choices and 2 of them are the same damn stat that's already there most of the time.

Jaeyden

Anyone else see this?

Yep I just blew a bunch of souls trying to reroll a stat on a legendary and nothing. I get 3 choices and 2 of them are the same damn stat that's already there most of the time.

This happened to me last night. Got no clue what causes it. Google only has a few people talking about, but it's definitely a bug. I was doing bounty's when it happened? What class are you? I think it has to do with certain gear because the limited info I've seen some people were able to swap gear and it went away.

Xevren

Anyone else see this?

I think it's a problem with certain skills that have a vacuum effect, so try again without using anything like that and you should be ok. Remember reading about that somewhere else.

Etnos

Banned
dude(going by the male voice) seems pretty centered and dare I say laid back outside of battle. He is a lot of fun when you find your groove though, so many options!

I was talking about the intro, it is introduced as devoted of some religion and stuff.. anyway, I'm playing the female crusader, pretty chill too. I like the way she burns demons with the light.

Xevren

I'm going to be chaining a bunch of T1 rifts if some people on ps4 would like to join me. Have about 100 rift fragments and other than taking a break for dinner I'll be on most of the night. Playing with pubs was awful so hopefully people will bite. Just send me a friend request and join up! (level 70 obviously)

Psn is Xevren11

Is it even worth it to buy stuff from Kadala. Just wondering

Your shards cap at 500, and you will constantly be getting them, so you kind of have to spend them often.

Also, it's totally worth it, it's basically just buying more loot drops except you get to choose what type of piece. You can get legendaries just the same as you could as if each one was dropped on the ground. Some people say they don't ever see them and it's worthless, but I've gotten 5-10 from her this week, it's just as random as anything else.

Kyoufu

I'm going to be chaining a bunch of T1 rifts if some people on ps4 would like to join me. Have about 100 rift fragments and other than taking a break for dinner I'll be on most of the night. Playing with pubs was awful so hopefully people will bite. Just send me a friend request and join up! (level 70 obviously)

Psn is Xevren11

I'd like to join if there's a spot. PSN is Kyoufu2, will add you now.

I picked this up over the weekend. Been thinking about which version to get and ended up going for PS4 just because of the few instances where the XB1 drops to the 50s and I thought the controller might be better for this game. The local game stores were sold out of both versions but the Walmart in the same area had plenty.

So I got home and started playing. Kind of regret getting the PS4 version now simply because of how loud the console is. It's not as bad as it is during Infamous or anything but it's still quite audible during play. I was hoping it would be quiet for this game simply because I didn't figure it would be taxing the system much. Oh well, the die is cast.

Started playing as a female crusader and it plays and looks great so far. I started playing D3 on the PC but quit early on because I prefer a controller to M&K whenever possible. Playing on expert and as others have stated it's probably equivalent to "normal".

Huzzah! Finished the story and started adventure mode! The Monk is up to level 65. I need to figure out a plan for skills and gear-- I think I have a pretty mishmash collection but I'll hopefully figure out what setup I want to run and start collecting.

Psn is Xevren11

I'll run some rifts if there's room. Still at work right now, but I'll be on around 7pm central. I'll send a friend request when I get home. PSN is MrJellyBean.

This happened to me last night. Got no clue what causes it. Google only has a few people talking about, but it's definitely a bug. I was doing bounty's when it happened? What class are you? I think it has to do with certain gear because the limited info I've seen some people were able to swap gear and it went away.

Witch Doctor

I think it's a problem with certain skills that have a vacuum effect, so try again without using anything like that and you should be ok. Remember reading about that somewhere else.

Vacuum? Hmmm I guess my Pirahnado would qualify. Let me try that.

Top Bottom