• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Petrie

Banned
BTW, i asked before but got no answer, can those that have played both PC and console versions let me know if it's worth investing money but most importantly time on the console version? Interested in PS4 version.
Thanks.

This entire thread is full of people saying it's still well worth it if you want more Diablo. Everything about the game feels perfect on console, and the addition of local co-op and things like the apprentice system makes it a no-brainer.

This is now my GOTY.

Taz

BTW, i asked before but got no answer, can those that have played both PC and console versions let me know if it's worth investing money but most importantly time on the console version? Interested in PS4 version.
Thanks.

PC 600 hours 200 hours before paragon lvls paragon lvl 308

PS4 loving it, it's the same but different maining a Monk and the combat is perfect for controller, from what I understand range classes work well but some skills You can't aim freely, they always land on an ememy, but like I said I havnt played a ranged class on PS4 yet but melee is sooooo much better on PS4

*edit*

Plus there is trading on PS4

Lernaean

Banned
Thanks for your answers guys, i now know what i have to do.
I'll get a PS4 version and level a Crusader.
At the same time i think i may do a WD on PC cause people here claim he turned into a beast on endgame XD

Raxious

Only thing left for Platinum trophy:

- Demon Hunter to lvl 70 in Hardcore
- Diablo on Hardcore
- Malthael on Hardcore
- 163 bounties

And then I'm done :D

So I was in act 5, destroyed the second crucible and walked south to talk to Myriam. The yellow circle was there, she wasn't.

I quit the game, continued and noticed that all previous areas were not explored so I had to clear them all over again. Well, ok, shit happens.
After an hour I came back to the crucible, destroyed it and went south, she wasn't there AGAIN.

What is this? Am I missing something? I really don't want to clear all those areas a third time in a row...

I'm really thinking about replaying the story again. I played online coop and felt rushed since people always skip the cutscenes and always rush to the next area without taking their time to explore.. I feel like I didn't really enjoyed as I was playing solo in the beginning...

ZenaxPure

from what I understand range classes work well but some skills You can't aim freely, they always land on an ememy

Technically melee classes have this problem as well, they just have less skills it effects. Crusader probably has it worst out of the melee classes but barb and monk have skills/runes that have manual aim as well on PC but not console.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm confused about how to spend my first paragon point. I went to the paragon tab, and there's a "hey look at this new thing" star blinking next to the Core section, and so I selected that and tried to put a point onto Dexterity, and... it won't let me. It says I have one unspent core point, but I can't assign it. Am I missing something here?

Edit : Ohhh, I need to push left and right to assign the stat, not just press A. Nevermind!

Audioboxer

Glad I started on expert as per suggestions in here. Tearing things up with my Crusader.

I THINK I'm going to prefer the Crusader to the Barbarian, but we'll see how things go. Not the biggest fan of flails but hopefully there is some cool legendary ones?

Noob Question. K just got the game Im confused. How do I get loot sent to me by friends. Do I have to give people my psn name or Diablo 3 blizzard name to get stuff?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Noob Question. K just got the game Im confused. How do I get loot sent to me by friends. Do I have to give people my psn name or Diablo 3 blizzard name to get stuff?
You have to be PSN friends with someone to get / send stuff with people.

Taz

Looks like 2.1 is going live tomorrow on PC , wonder how long it'll be till consoles get it ?, days ? , weeks ? , months ? or years ?

Lernaean

Banned
Glad I started on expert as per suggestions in here. Tearing things up with my Crusader.

I THINK I'm going to prefer the Crusader to the Barbarian, but we'll see how things go. Not the biggest fan of flails but hopefully there is some cool legendary ones?

The Crusader is by all means a more interesting character than Barbarian. Barb gets boring really soon. Also Crusader shields > vanilla shields. If you want a melee, do a Crusader.

Kak.efes

Am I going to hit level 70 before I finish the game? I hit level 23 last night (in my second play session) playing on expert, and I'm still in the first act. Ideally I'd like to hit the cap when I finish the game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Am I going to hit level 70 before I finish the game? I hit level 23 last night (in my second play session) playing on expert, and I'm still in the first act. Ideally I'd like to hit the cap when I finish the game.
If you mean "before you finish the main story", then probably not. This game has a TON of post game content, though... To the point that it's arguably not even "post-game".

Thanks for this.

Also, warping into town while in a multi-level dungeon will allow you to log out for the night and resume on the same floor when you come back.

However, make sure you log out when you just start a new floor, since map progress on the floor will be lost. Basically, if i'm stopping for the night and i'm in a multi-level dungeon, i'll play til the next floor, then use the town portal as soon as the new floor loads.

I can then save and log out to resume the next day. Keep in mind, any over world map progress will be lost, so if you're exploring a new area and enter a cave with multiple levels, when you come back out of the cave, the overworld map will be reset and you'll need to discover everything again.

Gator86

Looks like 2.1 is going live tomorrow on PC , wonder how long it'll be till consoles get it ?, days ? , weeks ? , months ? or years ?

I'm gonna guess months probably. Hopefully less but I'm expecting it around late October/early November, at the earliest.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I would imagine a few months, to be honest. It wasn't that long ago that Blizz said it wasn't sure if it'd update the console versions at all, so I can't imagine that they've been working on them long. That said, the changes don't seem that hard to implement.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've seen a few people mention a Toughness stat, but I can't find it anywhere on my character's stats page. Is it just another word for Armor or something?

Other than experience, are there any other advantages playing on expert?
Better loot, I think. And I'd argue that it's more fun, as long as you have good enough gear to handle the bump in difficulty.

Also, warping into town while in a multi-level dungeon will allow you to log out for the night and resume on the same floor when you come back.

However, make sure you log out when you just start a new floor, since map progress on the floor will be lost. Basically, if i'm stopping for the night and i'm in a multi-level dungeon, i'll play til the next floor, then use the town portal as soon as the new floor loads.

I can then save and log out to resume the next day. Keep in mind, any over world map progress will be lost, so if you're exploring a new area and enter a cave with multiple levels, when you come back out of the cave, the overworld map will be reset and you'll need to discover everything again.

Good god. I've been playing since vanilla D3 launched and I never knew this. I've been playing waypoint to waypoint for years!

meppi

With the whole ps4 issue yesterday atleast we'll be able to play online during maintenance. So add me peeps
Terrell2483

That seems to be an invalid username though...

*edit* oh wait! Now it does work. Strange...

Mine's meppi64 if people want to add me.

Just got my first invasion and was destroyed by it since I was in a hectic battle with a ton of other demons. :(

Zampano

Christ this game has a terrifying ability to eat your day. Just like that, my Bank Holiday Monday was gone...

Worth it though - crusader is a ton of fun.

Omnicent

Foote + Jerkangbord is a fun pair of legs for Sader.

Now Bliz needs to change the Rolands set (and up the damage on BS while we are at it) to buff Blessed Shield.

I had a dream about that once I got that set on PTR. Imagine infinite Buffed Blessed Shields + 100% attack speed and damage buff *drools*.
With the cdr you can get in 2.1 you can have pretty good uptime on Akarats too. I watched the video on twitch with perma stop time on ptr where it looks to be fixed/bugged with Long Arm of The Law. Anyone have more info on it? Cause I want my perma invul sader + shi mizu. The video in question. I'm leaning towards a bug, but maybe it's not right guys? RIGT!?
deep down I know its probably a bug/exploit *cries*

Sorry for going on a tangent, but I saw that video and about shouted (I have wanted perma stop time since 2.0. Never thought to test it in PTR since well it's been busted since 2.0)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, I didn't have a problem with gold until the end of the game. Covetous Shen's services are not cheap.

Here is a follower question from an old D3 player. On followers, if you give them an increased magic find or experience bonus ring / item, does that bonus apply to your character?

Neverwas

Christ this game has a terrifying ability to eat your day. Just like that, my Bank Holiday Monday was gone...

Worth it though - crusader is a ton of fun.

my dogs woke me up at 6am on my day off. figured i'd play an hour or two of D3 and take a nap. ended up playing until 3pm... lol.

Ok fuck those arcane laser beam things

There are two choices. Ice Climbers so you can just bounce, or

CountessJuliasCameo_zps00177dd6.png

PC 600 hours 200 hours before paragon lvls paragon lvl 308

PS4 loving it, it's the same but different maining a Monk and the combat is perfect for controller, from what I understand range classes work well but some skills You can't aim freely, they always land on an ememy, but like I said I havnt played a ranged class on PS4 yet but melee is sooooo much better on PS4

*edit*

Plus there is trading on PS4

Ranged plays fine. I'm a WIzard in both places--main thing is just the cast range and knowing how the skills are adjusted.

I'm at 70/T2, and Bitmap, I saw you join briefly before the PSN went down. I don't think I'm good enough to run with groups yet, still need my MB and TF to feel ok.

ZenaxPure

I've seen a few people mention a Toughness stat, but I can't find it anywhere on my character's stats page. Is it just another word for Armor or something?

Damage, Toughness, Healing. The 3 stats on your character screen, they have actual names in the PC version, not sure if you can see a name for them on console or just the icon that shows on the character screen.

Toughness is a collective number of all your defensive stats (armor, all resist, etc), but, it's pretty much a misleading stat (just like damage actually) since vitality and life% gets added to it but those don't actually reduce your damage taken. Your HP can inflate your toughness to large degrees, and, even if your toughness is like 2x someone else that doesn't mean you are more tanky, they might have more actual armor and resist than you which is generally more important.

I'm really thinking about replaying the story again. I played online coop and felt rushed since people always skip the cutscenes and always rush to the next area without taking their time to explore.. I feel like I didn't really enjoyed as I was playing solo in the beginning...

This.

Even though i've played through vanilla D3 on PC, i'm replaying story mode solo. Every group online is a speed run, so rather then fall behind and slow the group down, i'm playing through on my own. Once i clear act 5, then the speed runs can begin.

I know the feeling. I bought Diablo 3 four days ago on the PC. I have a Monk with my friend and I didn't understand the story at all. I also have a Wizard, and with that character I go through everything and all the journals and the likes. That way I get the story more. It's great.

Damage, Toughness, Healing. The 3 stats on your character screen, they have actual names in the PC version, not sure if you can see a name for them on console or just the icon that shows on the character screen.

Toughness is a collective number of all your defensive stats (armor, all resist, etc), but, it's pretty much a misleading stat (just like damage actually) since vitality and life% gets added to it but those don't actually reduce your damage taken. Your HP can inflate your toughness to large degrees, and, even if your toughness is like 2x someone else that doesn't mean you are more tanky, they might have more actual armor and resist than you which is generally more important.

Yep.

At least it shows the elemental damage, which is the more important part.

Nokterian

I skip it seen it to much on PC. Act V i will play fully but the base game..nah fuck that. And you explore everything without doing the story mode in Adventure Mode.

When is a good indication to start doing rifts? I'm doing bounties on Master difficulty right now and its not bad, died a few times already though.

Jolkien

When is a good indication to start doing rifts? I'm doing bounties on Master difficulty right now and its not bad, died a few times already though.

Jump into rift when you can kill fast on Torment 1. And I would suggest you do boutnies on normal so you can get cache faster.

Here is a follower question from an old D3 player. On followers, if you give them an increased magic find or experience bonus ring / item, does that bonus apply to your character?

Answered my own question. From a mod on Battle.net forums:

followers give you 20% of their total adventuring stats which include Magic Find, Gold Find, and Experience. So, if the Hellfire Ring is giving your follower +35% XP bonus, then you end up with +7% XP bonus from it .

Top Bottom