• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Audioboxer

Ahhh I love that the crusader can one hand a two handed weapon and keep his shield <3

Got a legendary 2 hander off of the skeleton king.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I can't believe I'm saying this, but if Destiny was released today, I'm not sure I'd stop playing Diablo 3. We'll see how I feel in 2 weeks...

Audioboxer

I forgot to say after killing the skeleton king it said I had a legendary gift to send to a friend? What is this? Something new? Wasn't in the PS3 version.

Andrew.

Banned
Hopefully someone on here can help me understand this, but it says my inventory has 39 out of the 60 spots filled and absolutely nothing is in it whatsoever. I only carry what I'm equipped with and everything I pick up I teleport right back to town and salvage it. I know health potions and jewels and blacksmithing ingredients don't count so what gives? Is this a bug?

Edit: Never mind I just realized that the jewels and blacksmith ingredients individually as a whole count towards the total. My bad. I'm stupid.

I was talking about the intro, it is introduced as devoted of some religion and stuff.. anyway, I'm playing the female crusader, pretty chill too. I like the way she burns demons with the light.

Ah, got ya, I guess "fanantic" has such a negative connotation, but that's my personal bias showing! By all means, carry on burning with light!

Hopefully someone on here can help me understand this, but it says my inventory has 39 out of the 60 spots filled and absolutely nothing is in it whatsoever. I only carry what I'm equipped with and everything I pick up I teleport right back to town and salvage it. I know health potions and jewels and blacksmithing ingredients don't count so what gives? Is this a bug?

jewels and blacksmithing stuff counts for me.

Gator86

Yep I just blew a bunch of souls trying to reroll a stat on a legendary and nothing. I get 3 choices and 2 of them are the same damn stat that's already there most of the time.

This so fucking much. My RNG luck has essentially bottomed out and it's draining my enjoyment pretty fast. I can't get a single usable legendary to drop and the enchanter is basically a giant middle finger.

143K damage is too low. I would not venture into Master with those stats.

Sure in Master I would not die but if I am not one shotting white monsters then it's not worth doing Rifts for that difficulty.
Is that a rule of thumb? Breezing through difficulties? I can roll T1 but bosses take the longest for me. Not 1 shotting anything but maybe 2-3 hits tops.

Expert was just too easy by the end for me.

Started again with my crusader level 62 on torment 2.

Just the right amount of challenge for me now

ZenaxPure

Is that a rule of thumb? Breezing through difficulties? I can roll T1 but bosses take the longest for me. Not 1 shotting anything but maybe 2-3 hits tops.

It kind of just depends on what your build is and stuff, but, in general you should be killing squishy white mobs like skeletons and bats and shit in like 2 seconds tops. An elite pack alone with no other mobs should take less than 15 seconds, not including annoyances like bulky mobs (barbed lurkers) or those with shielding or extra HP.

This is speaking for when you're alone of course. Stuff can get weird in a group depending on who you are running with (like nothing I said above is applicable if you have a monk in your group, he should be tagging everything with EP and then you only kill 1 mob and the rest chain react and explode).

Bosses REALLY depend on your class and items. On the highest difficulty a class like barbarian is just going to take longer than anyone else to kill a rift guardian, earthquake is shit damage because they can simply walk out of it and you have to wait for a cooldown before you catch them again. But something like a mirroball wizard can just stand there and machine gun fire magic missile which stacks a ridiculous DoT.

And then none of that matters if you have someone with a Furnace, boss can die in potentially less than 10 seconds.

Baliis

Anyone running Act I bounties or rifts right now on PS4? Throw me an invite if you are, PSN is Baliis, same as my GAF name.

Saganator

I hit 70 on my Crusader today. I've done about 8 bounties as 70 on Expert, seems like most of the level 70 rares I'm seeing have better defensive stats than my current gear, like +All Res and LoH, but it's always at the cost of DPS. Should I be willing to take a hit on DPS for survivability to make the jump to T1? I tried a couple bounties on Master, while I was never in danger of dying, it took me longer than I'd like to kill even non-elites, I can imagine it being worse on Torment.

Odd I don't have issues with the sticks but I found using the trackpad very hard to control.

I did too, until I stopped trying to move my finger in a circle. Move finger left, cursor moves counter clock-wise, move right, cursor goes clock-wise.

Started my first hardcore character today (crusader).

I'm level 28 playing on hard and I've had a few close encounters so far that had my heart going.

Why do I get the feeling that this is how Diablo is meant to be played?

blackflag

I'm level 28 playing on hard and I've had a few close encounters so far that had my heart going.

Because it's the only mode with a significant penalty. It's adrenaline pumping for sure.

Reall sick of replaying this spider queen boss because my party keeps leaving. If anyone wants to party up (and hopefully knows what they're doing more than me, first time player), friend me on PSN, same as GAF username.

Haines

Banned

Sure but you will die if you play with any challenge..and than never see end game stuff

So I'm enjoying Demon Hunter well enough, but so far at level 11 it feels like any time there's an Elite mob I have to kite like there's no tomorrow. Does that ever change or am I going to be doing a lot of running with the DH?

ZenaxPure

So I'm enjoying Demon Hunter well enough, but so far at level 11 it feels like any time there's an Elite mob I have to kite like there's no tomorrow. Does that ever change or am I going to be doing a lot of running with the DH?

That is the demon hunter life. I mean literally endgame demon hunter right now is running around trying to stay alive while not even attacking. It's just the design of the class and why they have so many mobility/surviability talents.

I think Aranae is the name (not far at all). It isn't the boss that I'm struggling with but the march to the next part with all of the enemies. Too many for me to handle. I'll be back on after the Emmys if you're still available.

Just send a PSN message then...PanicshadeLWK (you already accepted me)

Korezo

At lvl 30 DH same deal still, I hate the class cause of it. If any strong enemy pops I have to run or die in a few hits. Crusader I think is my style just aggroing a entire spot and tanking it standing still, killing a bunch of enemies at the same time super quick with my health barely dropping.

Once you get to level 20+ and have much better drops the class opens up. Using Vault to get out of a tough situation is a big help and being on the move is part of the class.

Me, my Follower, Spider Companion, and 3 Spitfire Sentries means I don't have to worry about anything (at least on Expert)

Chaos

I've only played to mid 20s but finding the DH really fun, you still kite but you get shots that stun, a spider pet who can web mobs to slow them, and you can place turrets to help you. The altar that boosts attack speed and rapid fire is nuts hehe.
Also giving the ranger follower with a bow that has a chance to freeze mobs helps to.

I've only played to mid 20s but finding the DH really fun, you still kite but you get shots that stun, a spider pet who can web mobs to slow them, and you can place turrets to help you. The altar that boosts attack speed and rapid fire is nuts hehe.
Also giving the ranger follower with a bow that has a chance to freeze mobs helps to.
Yeah like I have no problem vaulting away and slowing and stunning enemies, I wanted a ranged class, but early wizard the freeze ray and frost nova made it so I didn't have to completely run in circles every time an elite popped up.

Navy Bean

At lvl 30 DH same deal still, I hate the class cause of it. If any strong enemy pops I have to run or die in a few hits. Crusader I think is my style just aggroing a entire spot and tanking it standing still, killing a bunch of enemies at the same time super quick with my health barely dropping.
I'm level 70 (40) and, no, it doesn't get better. I have no chance on T1 Rifts solo despite doing over 400k dps. Still, I love playing the class, it's just a bit underpowered (without the top of the line gear, obviously).

Top Bottom