• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Blablurn

Yes. There is no difference. Followers are huge boons to playing. Be sure to set their skills and GEAR THEM. You get a % of their stats as yours. There is no reason not to have one with you other than rolling bro to test your skills. As of right now the Templar is pretty much the go-to for the heals.

Thanks bro! I had no idea

Framerate definitely seems to slow down at times on the real crazy fights on my WD with 15 fetishes out and 5+ spider queens plus lots of bad guys + arcane beams etc.

Yes. There is no difference. Followers are huge boons to playing. Be sure to set their skills and GEAR THEM. You get a % of their stats as yours. There is no reason not to have one with you other than rolling bro to test your skills. As of right now the Templar is pretty much the go-to for the heals.

I like using the Echantress for her chicken hex. Great CC.

Good god this game is good! Never played a Diablo before and wasn't sure if I would like it. Controls are so tight. At first I didn't like the character designs, but they are starting to grow on me. The environments and monsters are stellar. The attention to detail on destructibles in areas is quite nice. And the non-existent load times (PS4) make me know I can just turn the system on and get into the action immediately.

Tried Barbarian for a few levels and didn't have much fun. Same with crusader. But once I tried Wizard I knew what I wanted to be. I absolutely love dodging with the right analog while managing crowds with my spells. I do feel kind of odd where it concerns weapons though. Seems like I use them essentially as casting devises and don't use them for melee.

Only thing though is that I am skipping the hell out of the storyline bits. I also can't stand the name "Deckard Cain" for some reason.

Holy crap. What was the multiplier? And your method? My limiting factor seems to be my movement speed being kinda ass.

Streaks above 200 or so (like mine) are mostly exploiting spawns. There's an event in the battlegrounds in Act V where two paths basically pour mobs that can be endlessly mowed down for as long as you'd like.

I assume plans are random as well? I think I've picked up one so far. Only lvl 30 though. Also, as far as leveling up the Blacksmith, does it matter what you buy to train him? At first I just chose random stuff, now that it's starting to cost more I'm wondering if I should put more thought into it.

You're not actually buying an item to craft. The items shown are just what will be unlocked when you train him for that level. Took me a while to figure that out myself.

Assuming PSN is working later, anyone want to run some bounties and rifts tonight? I'm a level 70/26 Paragon Demon Hunter. I'll be on around 7pm central tonight. PSN is MrJellyBean.

Oh! Also, on my very first bounty bag it gave me the damn royal ring of grandeur at like level 67. Gave me a strength one on my Demon Hunter, but I just sat there staring in agony after doing countless act 1 runs for that damn thing to never, ever see it drop.

Lernaean

Banned
Technically every class works that way really. It's not like the giant Hammer of the Ancients barbarian use is actually your weapon. Same thing with weapon throw, can have a 2h sword but what type of weapon you throw is based on the rune you pick, not what you have equipped.

Yes, ofc, i just took Barb and Crus out because they have skills that use animations of the weapon you actually have on you.
The only characters that only use weapon animations are DH and Scoundrel, but that's not hard at all.

Also, just because you terrible people got me hyped, can those that have played both PC and Console version tell me if it's worth getting on console? Interested in PS4 version.

Andrew.

Banned
Went back home on break and PSN was back up along with a good deal of goodies in my mailbox. I never get real goodies in my real life mailbox. Real life sucks ass.

Thanks to AxA-91 for that badass crossbow that does 1600+ damage and has a curved meat cleaver on it. Im gonna butcher bitches later on tonight.

I assume plans are random as well? I think I've picked up one so far. Only lvl 30 though. Also, as far as leveling up the Blacksmith, does it matter what you buy to train him? At first I just chose random stuff, now that it's starting to cost more I'm wondering if I should put more thought into it.

They should have just had a "Train" button because it's a tad confusing at first...just train any items and you'll unlock them for that artisan level

I have all 3 (Blacksmith, Jeweler, and Mystic) leveled up to the max level 12 now

Evil Beaver

I last played Diablo 2 back in the days of Windows 98. I picked up Diablo 3 for my PS4 two days ago. Decided to roll a Monk because Karate.

...I have no idea what I'm doing.

cormack12

Gold Member
Gonna start a new game tomorrow on PS4, is it best to go straight online (random PUG) or just play through on SP first?

Saganator

Streaks above 200 or so (like mine) are mostly exploiting spawns. There's an event in the battlegrounds in Act V where two paths basically pour mobs that can be endlessly mowed down for as long as you'd like.

Yeah, I just found that out when I YouTubed "diablo 3 kill streaks" and just saw people standing in one spot killing endless waves of skeletons. Kinda lame. My 165 included elites, champions, and stringing along packs of mobs with me to the next pack of mobs.

Yeah, I just found that out when I YouTubed "diablo 3 kill streaks" and just saw people standing in one spot killing endless waves of skeletons. Kinda lame. My 165 included elites, champions, and stringing along packs of mobs with me to the next pack of mobs.

Yeah it is. It's too bad there are spots that can be exploited like that. I thought what I found was a glitch as there haven't been any parts that had endlessly spawning enemies.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Just started adventure mode; Nephalim Rifts are amazing. Killed enough to summon the Rift guardian in one of them, and it led me through a couple of packs of Elites that I had not yet killed. I died a whole bunch ( that happens when you fight a Rift Guardian at the same time as four Enchanted Waller Freezing Imprisoning Fast Extra Health Fire Link etc. Elite packs ), but eventually got them all.

Funny how the game's actual bosses don't really do much of anything while some of these packs can absolutely murder you.

I played pretty much exclusively Frenzy/Whirlwind Barbarian up till 70, I didn't really think the other skills in the respective slots were worth that much. Then I found The 300th Spear and damn son, Weapon Throw ( Ricochet ) + Ancient Spear ( Boulder Toss ) is insane.

Recall

So with a Monk is two fists or a 1 handed and shield the way to go? I get the feeling at times that the monk unless I destroy something instantly I can be quite squishy and lose health quickly.

DagsJT

Got to Belial as a level 40 monk and got him pretty far down until he started raining explosions. I've read that it's because you need to kill within 3 mins and some people saying you need 15k damage weapons?! I've only got 2072 damage according to my profile!

Edit: Switched up my skills and beat him the next time.

glottis8

Banned
So with a Monk is two fists or a 1 handed and shield the way to go? I get the feeling at times that the monk unless I destroy something instantly I can be quite squishy and lose health quickly.

it depends on your build.

you can get enough dex to raise your armor or dodge chance. also.. hit on impact to replenish will help with more dmg. It just depends on how you play the game.

If you take more dmg then a shield. if not.. just double it and raise your stats to make sure you kill enemies right away.

Got to Belial as a level 40 monk and got him pretty far down until he started raining explosions. I've read that it's because you need to kill within 3 mins and some people saying you need 15k damage weapons?! I've only got 2072 damage according to my profile!

Just run around and avoid the explosions. They're marked on the ground where they will land. If you're playing on Expert, Hard, or Normal you have enough damage to beat him.

The three minutes thing is they used to have rage on bosses and elites to avoid constant kiting but, IIRC it no longer exists.

Kurod

Banned
Fought my first nemesis last night. I had decided to run act 1 torment in adventure mode and was doing a bounty to clear the second level of some cave. I had cleared it all except one when I heard the battle horn.

This thing that popped out was absolutely crazy. It was filling the screen with electric and arcane orbs as well as leaving trails of magma everywhere. I managed to take him and his shadow barbarians down but it took a long long time...and he didn't even drop anything good.

drotahorror

thats fine, itll level up his stats to be able to play with you.

1s can play with 60s

It's already been done. He had to make a new character.

I asked if he could have chose one of my premade characters instead cuz we couldn't figure out how.

Kind of dumb if people come over and can't play my level 70's or w/e.

Haines

Banned
I'm finding the game boring in long stretches, granted I'm playing by myself but it just gets dull fast. Is it always best just to play with others, even randoms?

Absolutely a mp experience. I'm playing couch coop and it's amazing. Once we beat the game we will probs open or doors to anyone who can join.

LOLCats

Banned
Some of my observations about warping and map resets (on PS4):

• Using the right d-pad will warp you back to town.
  • When you warp back to town using this method, it will create a portal in town for you to return to the same spot you warped from.
  • When you warp back to town using this method, the map won't reset.
  • When you warp back to town using this method, it will remember the item locations in the area you warped from so you can go back and pick them up.
  • When you warp back to town using the circular stone warp thingys on the ground, the map WILL be reset and it WILL forget the item locations.
Learning about the d-pad warp portal was very helpful since I know I can warp back to town and salvage or sell my inventory whenever it got full and return without losing my place.

Thanks for this.

One level till 70 on my witch doctor.

I played mink on pc version and went through story on normal. I think I was lvl 35 at the end of act 5 and took 17 ish hours.

Played witch Dr and put it on expert. Still crazy easy and took a damn sight less time to get through story and was 60 at finish.

Game plays great on controller as well. I'm kind of surprises just how well. Only the item management is a little iffy but it does the job.

Alright GAF. My Crusader is able to do T3 with no issue, and T4 with some pucker factor.

I'm looking at making an alt. What's the easiest class to gear up and be effective in higher torments with?

Buzza

I had a hard time locating the game in local supermarkets in London. Amazon had it for £55 until yesterday. It was out of stock in my local Tesco and Asda. In the end I had to get it from Argos for £55!!! Amazon is down to £47 but I couldn't wait for the delivery.

Started the game with a crusader and will the spending the whole night at work playing.

Some of my observations about warping and map resets (on PS4):

• Using the right d-pad will warp you back to town.
  • When you warp back to town using this method, it will create a portal in town for you to return to the same spot you warped from.
  • When you warp back to town using this method, the map won't reset.
  • When you warp back to town using this method, it will remember the item locations in the area you warped from so you can go back and pick them up.
  • When you warp back to town using the circular stone warp thingys on the ground, the map WILL be reset and it WILL forget the item locations.
Learning about the d-pad warp portal was very helpful since I know I can warp back to town and salvage or sell my inventory whenever it got full and return without losing my place.

Right d-pad is shortcut for town portal from pc version

Taz

Alright GAF. My Crusader is able to do To with no issue, and TV with some pucker factor.

I'm looking at making an alt. What's the easiest class to gear up and be effective in higher torments with?

Easiest class to gear up for torment 6 is probably WD all it requires is MoJ ( Mask of Jeram ) The crafted set that gives elite damage and elite damage reduction Alchilds or somethin like that and your in torment 4 , then look for a guide on T6 pet build.

JP

If I equip a follower with an item that increases their Experience points for each kill do I get those extra experience points?

Nokterian

Just had my first invasion. Saw some people here talking about it and that distinct sound first time i hear it but now i know it's like a rumbling in the distance coming closer and closer. The bam it spawns in nearly in front of you woah! I killed it thank god and it give me a bunch of loot and also a loot item for the person? What does it do? Man this is very awesome on the console at least! Makes it more fun when doing adventure mode when i have that unlocked.

Lernaean

Banned
BTW, i asked before but got no answer, can those that have played both PC and console versions let me know if it's worth investing money but most importantly time on the console version? Interested in PS4 version.
Thanks.

Nokterian

Everyone who have played the whole game through the campaign even i on PC. I did not really liked the campaign. First Act 1 was nice. But Act 2 just sucks monkey balls. Act 3 got a little better but Act 4 is another smh act. Reaper of Souls on the other hand they have taken it a further and it is more FUN! Act V remains my favorite also.

BTW, i asked before but got no answer, can those that have played both PC and console versions let me know if it's worth investing money but most importantly time on the console version? Interested in PS4 version.
Thanks.

I maybe crazy but the ps4 version is so much better then PC to me direct control that is all.

For monks are weapons besides fist weapons only for stat boosts?

all weapons are stat boosts and aesthetics (when not fighting).

In combat, monk always fights hand to hand regardless of weapon.

That's true for all classes look at the stats and pick the best weapon for you and your build.

1h vs. 2h is the only real choice.

BFIB

Thanks.

Absolutely. Owned Vanilla D3 on PC, put over 500 hrs in. Bought on PS3, put well over 100 hrs on. Went back to PC for RoS, another couple hundred hours, and now back on PS4.

I prefer the console version. Controller feels great, the social community features are a lot of fun.

Top Bottom