• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

hydruxo

So I've been playing on Master and had no real luck with Kadala but I decided to switch to Torment and try it out and...boom, got Akkhan gauntlets first try. Thank you based Kadala :)

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I'm level 70 (40) and, no, it doesn't get better. I have no chance on T1 Rifts solo despite doing over 400k dps. Still, I love playing the class, it's just a bit underpowered (without the top of the line gear, obviously).
Hmmm I have zero problems on T1 with similar dps on my DH. I usually run T2.

Lernaean

Banned
Yeah like I have no problem vaulting away and slowing and stunning enemies, I wanted a ranged class, but early wizard the freeze ray and frost nova made it so I didn't have to completely run in circles every time an elite popped up.

The DH is the most fun class to play once you get the hang of it and you get better gear. Later on you can end up with average survivability and a lot of dmg if you spec right.
Thing is, the DH is imo the class you require the most skill to play, you literally have to be on edge all the time and learn your abilities very well.
Once you do that you won't have to run around like a headless chicken as the class has the best CC in the game.

X-Frame

I want to send Gaffer's stuff but I don't know who is using what class, nor their level when I go to create mail.

I can only see if they're online at that moment what their classes and level, so I guess that's the only way? Or am I missing a way to bring up a character profile for everyone who has the game?

I want to gift some Level 25-35 Legendary weapons -- I am a Crusader at 51 currently.

I want to send Gaffer's stuff but I don't know who is using what class, nor their level when I go to create mail.

I can only see if they're online at that moment what their classes and level, so I guess that's the only way? Or am I missing a way to bring up a character profile for everyone who has the game?

I want to gift some Level 25-35 Legendary weapons -- I am a Crusader at 51 currently.

Do you have anything for a low level Witch Doctor?

Matriox

I'm level 70 (40) and, no, it doesn't get better. I have no chance on T1 Rifts solo despite doing over 400k dps. Still, I love playing the class, it's just a bit underpowered (without the top of the line gear, obviously).

I've been running T2 Rifts solo when I had 260k dps? I even run a stupid build that I call "Battle Top" with strafe with the rune that does fire damage, I'm now progressing through T3 with the same build at 500k dps. I didn't have crazy gear or anything, just kept upgrading as I had found it without looking for anything in particular, maybe my gear was better than I had thought? But I still am always up in the battles strafing around the mobs and not dieing (unless I get walled then smashed D:)

Navy Bean

Hmmm I have zero problems on T1 with similar dps on my DH. I usually run T2.
Hmmm, maybe my gear sucks but I'm running a bunch of fire damage stuff with grenades and cluster arrow. It's a decent fun build I think but I would have zero chance in a T2 Rift. To be honest, though, I haven't been at 70 DH that long as most of the paragon levels are from my Wizard. Any tips?

So I got the Ring of Royal Grandeur. I guess based on posts in here its a keeper for when you're getting set gear, so I stashed it for now. Now to work on getting high level sets and not the low ones I seem to be unlocking.

I'm received about 7 legendary rings on the past 2 hours. I'd like something else please lol.

shanafan

How does saving your progress work in this game on Xbox One?

I played Diablo 3 when it first out for the PC, and from what I remember, the game only saved when it said Checkpoint.

But I notice that in the Xbox One version, the blue logo animation in the top right corner happens when I increase a level, etc. Does that mean whenever I see the animation, that means my game is saved? If I was in a dungeon, could I quit after the animation and pick up right where I left off at?

Thanks! Sorry, just need some clarification

SnakeEyes

Banned

I'm Level 70 (30) and I'll take anything Wizard-based (+Inl.)

Please and thank you!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Thank God I can finally turn difficulty up to Master. Expert was laughably easy still. Master feels like a decent challenge, but not too rough.

What chapter are you on? I thought expert was fair, I only died a few times up until the end of act 4, then I switched to Master and I die MUCH more often in act 5 than I ever did. The big difference are the Elite Mobs, they just have longer suffixes, and thus are much more dangerous. Ran into a boss I really had to concentrate on, whereas I mowed down Diablo on Expert with ease (lvl 60ish Crusader at the time).

How does saving your progress work in this game on Xbox One?

I played Diablo 3 when it first out for the PC, and from what I remember, the game only saved when it said Checkpoint.

But I notice that in the Xbox One version, the blue logo animation in the top right corner happens when I increase a level, etc. Does that mean whenever I see the animation, that means my game is saved? If I was in a dungeon, could I quit after the animation and pick up right where I left off at?

Thanks! Sorry, just need some clarification

Nah. You'd start back in town.

The Xbox One suspend feature does work with Diablo, though, so you could pick up where you left off with that if you wanted.

Dubz

Act V is incredible. I am now feeling the addiction take hold of me.

A quick question about the crusader. Is he a hybrid class, or can he be mostly tanky or mostly DPSy?

LosDaddie

Banned
How is this game on PS4? I never played Diablo before, but this game looks pretty good.

Does the controller work good for this game?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I was posting yesterday or the day before about how much I disliked my level 14 Demon Hunter. Well, that has totally changed! She's level 26 now and she's fun as hell. Now that the machine gun secondary slows enemies down and I have a passive that does +20% damage to slowed enemies, I'm destroying. Shadow Power + Strafe + Fan of Knives = some fun close range times, too.

I sent a socketed helm and a fancy ruby from my Level 70 monk to my DH, too, so she's leveling up really fast.

ZenaxPure

Act V is incredible. I am now feeling the addiction take hold of me.

A quick question about the crusader. Is he a hybrid class, or can he be mostly tanky or mostly DPSy?

Every class is a DPS class, there is no tank/healer or anything like that in this game. The closest we have is support monk, but even that is going to be dead soon. Focusing on your defenses in this game basically just makes you extra weight the rest of the group has to carry around.

It kind of just depends on what your build is and stuff, but, in general you should be killing squishy white mobs like skeletons and bats and shit in like 2 seconds tops. An elite pack alone with no other mobs should take less than 15 seconds, not including annoyances like bulky mobs (barbed lurkers) or those with shielding or extra HP.

This is speaking for when you're alone of course. Stuff can get weird in a group depending on who you are running with (like nothing I said above is applicable if you have a monk in your group, he should be tagging everything with EP and then you only kill 1 mob and the rest chain react and explode).

Bosses REALLY depend on your class and items. On the highest difficulty a class like barbarian is just going to take longer than anyone else to kill a rift guardian, earthquake is shit damage because they can simply walk out of it and you have to wait for a cooldown before you catch them again. But something like a mirroball wizard can just stand there and machine gun fire magic missile which stacks a ridiculous DoT.

And then none of that matters if you have someone with a Furnace, boss can die in potentially less than 10 seconds.
Ah gotcha. Im setup for monstrous AOE rinse/repeat with my Crusader. BS, Glare, Provoke, etc. I clear areas super quick but am weak with single-target. I usually run with my bud who is a Monk and another who is a DH. When I solo I can move through things steady with little effort but having to fight something all by itself where I can't spam CD's for almost unlimited wrath puts me at a disadvantage. When I'm surrounded look the fuck out tho :D. So much fun!

Dubz

Every class is a DPS class, there is no tank/healer or anything like that in this game. The closest we have is support monk, but even that is going to be dead soon. Focusing on your defenses in this game basically just makes you extra weight the rest of the group has to carry around.
Good to know. Glass cannon it is.

BumRush

You wouldn't happen to have anything for a low level wizard would you?

ZenaxPure

Ah gotcha. Im setup for monstrous AOE rinse/repeat with my Crusader. BS, Glare, Provoke, etc. I clear areas super quick but am weak with single-target. I usually run with my bud who is a Monk and another who is a DH. When I solo I can move through things steady with little effort but having to fight something all by itself where I can't spam CD's for almost unlimited wrath puts me at a disadvantage. When I'm surrounded look the fuck out tho :D. So much fun!

This is pretty much my life as a barbarian. Earthquake is fantastic AOE damage because it ticks multiple times per second which causes area damage to proc a lot which causes it to deal crazy damage in large packs... But when I am alone and there is nothing but the boss things slow down dramatically. I have to time my cooldowns correctly or a rift guardian can take a couple of minutes. Not to mention the assholes who like to move around a lot... right out of my earthquake.

Oh well, things should be a bit better in 2.1 so whatevs.

What chapter are you on? I thought expert was fair, I only died a few times up until the end of act 4, then I switched to Master and I die MUCH more often in act 5 than I ever did. The big difference are the Elite Mobs, they just have longer suffixes, and thus are much more dangerous. Ran into a boss I really had to concentrate on, whereas I mowed down Diablo on Expert with ease (lvl 60ish Crusader at the time).
I'm at the final act , but not sure what quest. On expert, I've only died to those monsters that have killed people on friends list. I'm a Crusader, and things seem to have a hard time scratching me. I've earlier complained I felt the loot drops were way too good. Maybe it was just me? I'm at level 54 with about 300k defense.

Jagxyz

I have a level 70 weapon that has -20 level req so it's level 50, and it has like 2k damage on it.

It's AMAZING, I'm running Torment 2 atm and levelling like crazy!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Malthael was a pretty fun fight, hell of a lot better way to cap off the game compared to diablo.

Also Piranhas are awesome.

phierce

Level 23 Barbarian here.
PSN: phierce_

If you have anything, I'd appreciate it.
Thank you!

Top Bottom