• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Shinta

Banned
Alright this game is pretty fucking awesome.

Huge amount of content too.

I'm impressed.
Yeah, I'm kind of stunned by all the backlash this game got last year or whenever it came out. This is my first time going through it now. I'm only on Act III and I think I'd probably give it a 10/10 in a review for PS4.

Really goes above and beyond in gameplay, amount of content, production values, replayability. Long ass game too from the looks of it, and I'll almost surely be playing this with each class on top of that.

Slixshot

Banned
My friends came over today and we popped in the game for the first time. Holy shit... This game is RIDICULOUSLY fun. We played for 6 hours straight... I haven't done that in years

Getting invaded by a Nemesis while playing with my Wizard on expert was pretty sweet. Didn't know that a ghost of whoever got killed shows up to attack you, had to freeze that sneaky Demon Hunter putting traps everywhere so I could actually kill the thing.

Navy Bean

If anyone is leveling a DH I have a level 68 socketed Hellrack crossbow which is level reduced by 24 levels (so, level 44). Let me know if you want it, it's a beast.

PARANO1A

I rerolled a new WD from scratch after importing my last gen save.

I bumped to expert about half way through act 1 and again to master early in act 2. Now I'm late in act 5 and just about to hit 70. So much better than needing to finish the game four times to get to the good stuff.

But damn, they're starting to hit hard now!

Omnicent

I'll be on again in a bit and will send some invites out after I get some foooooood.

Thanks for the Rift runs. The last map in the prison and the nemisis was a good way to end the night.
Got crap legionaries, but at least I have souls for re-rolling. Hopefully Kadala will grace me with a Jerkangbord before bed.

bnx

Hey guys, bought this game for PS3 earlier in the week but had no clue there was a Mac version out lol. Would it be possible to transfer my PS3 save to my Mac and continue on with the Mac version?

Thanks for any help.

Matriox

Hey guys, bought this game for PS3 earlier in the week but had no clue there was a Mac version out lol. Would it be possible to transfer my PS3 save to my Mac and continue on with the Mac version?

Thanks for any help.

Afraid not :S

From OP:
Players who fought the forces of evil in the original PS3™ or Xbox 360 versions of Diablo III will be able to continue their crusade against death. The following transfers are currently supported:
•PS3 > Xbox One
•Xbox 360 > PS4
•PS3 > PS4
•Xbox 360 > Xbox One

EDIT: Sorry didnt get the whole thing for whatever reason.

I just beat the campaign with the crusader and unlocked adventure mode, and it's kind of overwhelming.

I'm not sure what I should be doing or how. I'm level 61, playing on expert. Should I be farming quests and bounties for blood shards and horadric caches? And should I be doing it on higher difficulties than what I'm at now or on normal to clear them faster? Does it make a difference?

What about rifts, should I be doing them now?

I rerolled a new WD from scratch after importing my last gen save.

I bumped to expert about half way through act 1 and again to master early in act 2. Now I'm late in act 5 and just about to hit 70. So much better than needing to finish the game four times to get to the good stuff.

But damn, they're starting to hit hard now!

I'm starting to loose track of all this terminology, how do you "re-roll" a character of any class? I thought their stats were set?

I just beat the campaign with the crusader and unlocked adventure mode, and it's kind of overwhelming.

I'm not sure what I should be doing or how. I'm level 61, playing on expert. Should I be farming quests and bounties for blood shards and horadric caches? And should I be doing it on higher difficulties than what I'm at now or on normal to clear them faster? Does it make a difference?

I'd recommend turning the difficulty up a notch for a bit of challenge and try to do all the bounties in each act to get a bunch of caches each bounty is pretty short and they are random/re-rolled every time you quit and re-enter a game, I've found some pretty fun ones of "events" that I never saw during any of my playthroughs, you're going to get some very high level gear from 62 on so look forward to getting your character strong enough to do at least one of the torments.

Haines

Banned
Killed treasure goblins pretty easy on PC back in the day but they keep getting away on console on us.

They make them harder to kill or is it just harder to aim at them in crowds on console.

Cider X

Ring of Royal Grandeour just won't drop for me. Getting tired of act 1 bounties now. Even did split farming with a friend today, but no dice.

Trigonx

Finally got a RoRG, I think it took over 100 bags since I got the achievement for 500 bounties a good 20 caches back and I did a handful of other acts before knowing how to get a RoRG.

Andrew.

Banned

Requoted because I need to know all of this as well. Thanks Wuthering =D

X-Frame

Do you have anything for a low level Witch Doctor?

You wouldn't happen to have anything for a low level wizard would you?

I'm not sure if I have any for you two unfortunately, at least not Legendaries weapons. I could probably buy some pretty good yellow's though with the Blacksmith and send them to you in the mail. Add me: PSN X-Frame and I'll check tomorrow night when I get on again.

Level 23 Barbarian here.
PSN: phierce_

If you have anything, I'd appreciate it.
Thank you!

Sent you a request! I'm sure I have something I could send you that you'll grow into in a few levels.

Xevren

Thanks for the Rift runs. The last map in the prison and the nemisis was a good way to end the night.
Got crap legionaries, but at least I have souls for re-rolling. Hopefully Kadala will grace me with a Jerkangbord before bed.

Was fun! Got a new weapon which is nice, and another piece of the earth set from Kadala. Ton of souls too which is always needed. Oh yea, and a Cindercoat!

First person to quote this and put up their PS4 tag can have my Crusader weapon for leveling, it's a level 70 legendary 2h axe that you can equip once you're level 43. Will drastically speed things up =)

Baliis

Just had the most insane T4 rift with Broadbandit, Heaven-Assassin, and PXG_S3, must have had like 25 elite packs in it. Was just non stop fighting.

Picked up a nice set of Nemesis bracers and Akkhan helm tonight, plus a decent blackthornes belt, so I'm pretty happy with that

Matriox

Tune the difficulty for what you can handle, probably master, it really isnt too hard (but if it is that okay just tone it down), and do whatever youd be happy with. I'd probably start farming blood shards/caches/rift keys to get a jump on it. Rifts are entirely up to you, but usually people do them in groups for more MF but you farm them pretty quickly that I dont mind using them every once in awhile for a random rift. Wait to spend those shards at 70 though, and probably same for using the caches.

Dubz

I'm going to go ahead and say this is my GOTY so far. If there is anyone reading this that does not have a PS4/X1, this is the game that should get you to buy one.

meppi

Killed treasure goblins pretty easy on PC back in the day but they keep getting away on console on us.

They make them harder to kill or is it just harder to aim at them in crowds on console.

I find them relatively easy to kill.
Only had one get away so far and that was at the very beginning when I didn't realise they could escape. Killed about a dozen of them so far without much trouble at all.
Playing as a Demon Hunter up to Act 2 and having raised the difficulty level a couple of times already to where it's locked right now.

Tune the difficulty for what you can handle, probably master, it really isnt too hard (but if it is that okay just tone it down), and do whatever youd be happy with. I'd probably start farming blood shards/caches/rift keys to get a jump on it. Rifts are entirely up to you, but usually people do them in groups for more MF but you farm them pretty quickly that I dont mind using them every once in awhile for a random rift. Wait to spend those shards at 70 though, and probably same for using the caches.

So caches give you items based on the level that you open them, not the level that you find them?

Haines

Banned
Only had one get away so far and that was at the very beginning when I didn't realise they could escape. Killed about a dozen of them so far without much trouble at all.
Playing as a Demon Hunter up to Act 2 and having raised the difficulty level a couple of times already to where it's locked right now.

Do you use the l2 lock on to get the for sure kill? Maybe we just been unlucky. Seems they are always buried in big elite packs

Yeah, I'm kind of stunned by all the backlash this game got last year or whenever it came out. This is my first time going through it now. I'm only on Act III and I think I'd probably give it a 10/10 in a review for PS4.

Really goes above and beyond in gameplay, amount of content, production values, replayability. Long ass game too from the looks of it, and I'll almost surely be playing this with each class on top of that.

The depth in terms of the gameplay system, especially in terms of replayability is really impressive. Like you said, production values are extremely high too, runs like a dream too which is nice!

Haines

Banned
I'm going to go ahead and say this is my GOTY so far. If there is anyone reading this that does not have a PS4/X1, this is the game that should get you to buy one.

Bought vanilla at launch. Expansion at launch and this one at launch

Not sure there is a game that could pull me away from the bliss of its couch coop til we explore all of its contents

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
For some reason I find it way easier to kill treasure goblins with my level 30 DH than it is with my level 70 Monk.

HORRORSHØW

can roll through t4 pretty easily with the blessed hammer build.
got a few legendary weapons with some terribad rolls, though.

Bv7sydxCYAEaVlR.jpg:orig

2 more parts.......
stop stealing all my luck.

Top Bottom