• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Salez

Neo Member
Was fun! Got a new weapon which is nice, and another piece of the earth set from Kadala. Ton of souls too which is always needed. Oh yea, and a Cindercoat!

First person to quote this and put up their PS4 tag can have my Crusader weapon for leveling, it's a level 70 legendary 2h axe that you can equip once you're level 43. Will drastically speed things up =)

I would love to have that. Having some bad luck with weapon drops so far (lvl 50+ crusader atm) and I'm dying for a new one :)

Thank you in advance

PSN: salezorro

meppi

Do you use the l2 lock on to get the for sure kill? Maybe we just been unlucky. Seems they are always buried in big elite packs

I actually didn't even know you could lock on to enemies.... wow

I'm just using a combination of some demon hunter skills to try and keep up with them.
Not on my PS4 right now so I don't know what they are called.
One of them traps enemies or at least slows them down for a couple of seconds.
The second one spears them and does a ton of damage with fire as well.
And the third one poisons them and is the first main bow attack, coupled with the ricochet thingy.

Guess the projectile attacks really do help to keep up with them.

Also the backflip move, or whatever it's called to quickly get out of a messy situation also helps a ton since it covers about 1/3 of the screen in a second or so.

ramuh

Hah. I've been in a ton a hours and sadly haven't played ten minutes of Act 2. :) Got a DM into Act 2 but ended up starting a Wizard on the hardest diff that is not locked. I really love the Wizard.

Matriox

So caches give you items based on the level that you open them, not the level that you find them?

Well crap, I had read originally here to think that was true:

While the difficulty level of the cache is set when farmed, the actual items in the cache are set when it is opened, and the smart loot will target the class of the character who opens it.

Smart loot determines what will drop based on who opens it, it looks like Caches have a different system in place specifically for them.

Note that the level of the items is set by the character who earns the stash, so if a level 70 earned the stash and a lvl 40 opens it, all the gear will be lvl 70.

So it seems the level will be the same level as the level that created it, but the class doesnt matter per cache, so I guess caches wouldn't be worth it, but blood shards and rift keys would be. Sorry bout that

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I actually didn't even know you could lock on to enemies.... wow
I was gonna bring that up earlier, actually. Does anyone ever use the lock on feature? I messed around with it, but it seems pointless. Does it have any benefits?

Matriox

I was gonna bring that up earlier, actually. Does anyone ever use the lock on feature? I messed around with it, but it seems pointless. Does it have any benefits?

I could see it being beneficial for treasure goblins in the middle of a ton of monsters, but probably not enough of a benefit.

Haines

Banned
Hmm that makes me wonder how many people use the l2 function.

I'm kind of bad at aiming at the right guy in this game so far. Sometimes I don't even aim and let the auto aim take hold

meppi

Well I can see it being useful when you use a skill that targets a certain enemy, or when your companion helps you to get one to fight for you and you don't accidentally want to kill it.
But yeah, not quite sure how much use it would be to me in the heat of a big battle.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Well I can see it being useful when you use a skill that targets a certain enemy, or when your companion helps you to get one to fight for you and you don't accidentally want to kill it.
But yeah, not quite sure how much use it would be to me in the heat of a big battle.
Oh yeah, that makes sense. I haven't messed around with many abilities that require that yet.

Another question: how do you all decide what bounties to go for in Adventure Mode? I'm just bouncing around from act to act, clearing them entirely.

CountessJuliasCameo_zps00177dd6.png
Just got one of these. So happy. It's not level 70 (my monk is only just now level 66) but I already love the peace of mind it gives me when those damnable lasers show up.

Matriox

Oh yeah, that makes sense. I haven't messed around with many abilities that require that yet.

Another question: how do you all decide what bounties to go for in Adventure Mode? I'm just bouncing around from act to act, clearing them entirely.

There is specific loot from each act's caches. You can find them here.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Yeah, I'm kind of stunned by all the backlash this game got last year or whenever it came out. This is my first time going through it now. I'm only on Act III and I think I'd probably give it a 10/10 in a review for PS4.

The game we're playing now barely resembles what we had at D3 PC launch. Very few people would complain about it now, but back then....

*shudder*

Navy Bean

Grimløck;127077188 said:
i think you're on my friend's list. my psn is stray_dog_strut.

i actually had a green DH weapon drop today. i forget the name, though. i don't have any wizard stuff.
Okay, sent the mask.

So what's the most popular fury generator attack for a 70 barb? I don't want to copy any build 1:1 but I ran Cleave for most of campaign and was wondering what most builds used. Bash and Frenzy seem to be better suited for Torment stuff.

ZenaxPure

So what's the most popular fury generator attack for a 70 barb?

Real answer: None of them, fury generators are all terrible at generating fury. That said Frenzy is probably the best simply because the stacking attack speed increase.

To be honest when I was a fresh barb just starting my journey at 70 I used War Cry with the rune that gives 50 fury and then depended on the superstition passive and the unforgiving passive to generate fury. With superstition if you stand inside aoe effects you can usually cap out your fury really quickly.

Until 2.1 you pretty much want to avoid using your generator as much as you can (with the eventual goal being to drop it entirely) and even in 2.1 it will only have niche uses. That said I am not sure what element you are focusing on, but if you have 2 lightning based proc weapons you can dish out some really great single target DPS with Frenzy until around Torment 5.

A game that is on PS3, Xbox 360, and PC?

True, but some people actually prefer the console versions in terms of controls, and console exclusive features (i.e. being able to play offline). PS4 and X1 versions are great at 1080p/60fps, as well as future patch support (which won't be on PS3 and 360).

Damn this game is addictive. Sucks I gotta go to work tomorrow and I start my FFXIV static next Saturday but that will be fun also. So far at paragon level 16 running T1 with 217k dps seems good enough so far with my Wizard

Real answer: None of them, fury generators are all terrible at generating fury. That said Frenzy is probably the best simply because the stacking attack speed increase.

To be honest when I was a fresh barb just starting my journey at 70 I used War Cry with the rune that gives 50 fury and then depended on the superstition passive and the unforgiving passive to generate fury. With superstition if you stand inside aoe effects you can usually cap out your fury really quickly.

Until 2.1 you pretty much want to avoid using your generator as much as you can (with the eventual goal being to drop it entirely) and even in 2.1 it will only have niche uses. That said I am not sure what element you are focusing on, but if you have 2 lightning based proc weapons you can dish out some really great single target DPS with Frenzy until around Torment 5.
Basically my goal is to leap to a mop, ground stomp pull them together, cast a rend, and then spam the crap out of Seismic Slam and if I need to dish out more dps I pop down a frozen earthquake. Not the best for single targets but I'm still learning.

Wallach

Yeah. What's worse about Fury is that while you build resource slower than the other classes with these skills, you also don't get rewarded for doing it anyway. The spenders have no multiplicative item progression, and deal terrible base damage for the proportion of your total resource they consume. Plus the resource itself is the only one that actually degenerates when not being actively used. Turrble stuff.

For 1 to 70 leveling and the initial gearing progression, you still need to utilize a spender to get stuff done until you get access to the itemization that will let you escape this problem. I go with Leap (whatever you want), Furious Charge (Stamina for +10 Fury per target hit) and War Cry (whatever you want, probably Charge! or Impunity) and some additional Fury from passives (Superstition, Animosity and/or Unforgiving) to get the bulk of Fury to dump into Seismic Slam. Like ZenaxPure I'd probably stick with Frenzy for your primary; for leveling if your best weapon is a 2H go with Berserk so you don't lose the stack constantly, if you're rocking DW I'd go with Sidearm, Vanguard or Maniac.

I feel like I'm running in circles here. I'm doing straight bounty runs on act 1 and 2 for the caches and I'm getting legendaries no doubt, but my crusader is forever hovering around the 200k damage mark and its not really improving. Whatever new gear I get takes from one area but removed from another. Is it the paragon level that's really deciding? I'm only level 12 paragon.

Also I'm still confused about one thing. I'm wearing a brace that says its armour is 581. I pick up something that says the armour is 366, however the sword and shield icon both have green arrows showing its improved. Do I go with the higher overall armour or the separate stat increases? Crusader if it helps.

Oh and my 8th legendary in a row is if course yet another ring. However this one is called Bul-Kathos Wedding Band and apparently steals life from enemies. Not bad.

Dahbomb

Bro every Barb is going to use that 2H that increases Frenzy stacks to 10 then use Golgok, Simplicity Strength, Pain Enhancer combined with Depth Diggers and a bunch of procs plus Battle Rage Blood Shed and Overpower Killing Spree for insane attack speed DPS!!!!!

RoKKeR

Putting in some time on the X1 version now and I'm loving it so far! Controls are great and it looks/runs very smoothly. Very happy so far.

Also, how do you claim the legendary item?

ZenaxPure

Basically my goal is to leap to a mop, ground stomp pull them together, cast a rend, and then spam the crap out of Seismic Slam and if I need to dish out more dps I pop down a frozen earthquake. Not the best for single targets but I'm still learning.

Unfortunately you can't really "spam" any of your abilities because fury generation is fucked, but, also as Wallach points out barbarian itemization is fuckeddddd.

I hate to burst the dreams of anyone enjoying the class, but, for some reason Blizzard didn't bother giving barbarian any items that make our spenders better (which is the only way to reach Torment 6 because of mob HP values) outside of a single 2h mighty weapon which unfortunately has the problem of being a 2 handed weapon. It will actually be great in 2.1, good enough for Torment 6, but, not high end GRs.

I guess it's worth mentioning 2.1 will add 2 items that buff our spenders, but, both have already been confirmed as terrible. Of course that doesn't mean they won't always be terrible, blizzard has buffed quite a few legendary items to make them go from straight shit to god-tier (such as tall man's finger and firebird in 2.1) but for now they aren't great.

The only endgame paths for barbarians are based around our 3 class sets which are all pretty decent (and in 2.1 all 3 will be amazing). While it does suck I will say at least those options are fun to play. Both Raekor and Leapquake are styles I enjoy playing (or else I would have ditched my barbarian a long time ago)

Bro every Barb is going to use that 2H that increases Frenzy stacks to 10 then use Golgok, Simplicity Strength, Pain Enhancer combined with Depth Diggers and a bunch of procs plus Battle Rage Blood Shed and Overpower Killing Spree for insane attack speed DPS!!!!!

I actually wouldn't be that surprised if that was somehow T6 capable. Probably sucks for AOE, but that would be some pretty good single target damage. Either way though, still doesn't address the issue of all our damn spenders being useless.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I feel like I'm running in circles here. I'm doing straight bounty runs on act 1 and 2 for the caches and I'm getting legendaries no doubt, but my crusader is forever hovering around the 200k damage mark and its not really improving. Whatever new gear I get takes from one area but removed from another. Is it the paragon level that's really deciding? I'm only level 12 paragon.

Also I'm still confused about one thing. I'm wearing a brace that says its armour is 581. I pick up something that says the armour is 366, however the sword and shield icon both have green arrows showing its improved. Do I go with the higher overall armour or the separate stat increases? Crusader if it helps.

Oh and my 8th legendary in a row is if course yet another ring. However this one is called Bul-Kathos Wedding Band and apparently steals life from enemies. Not bad.

Don't worry about armor as a crusader you get a ton naturally from strength I consider it a junk stat to re-roll into something useful. To get DPS up high level emerald in weapon for starters. Then it is turning lemon's into lemon aid with rares. Get a rare ring with high crit damage or high crit chance with strength reroll one of the junk stats into either crit damage or chance depending what is missing. same with amulets. I have about the worst RNG luck in the world but still got 1.1 million sheet dps by re-rolling rares and crafted set. Also look into crafting aughilds gear to get the 3 piece bonus. It just takes time to learn what stats lead to the most DPS. I am still figuring that out myself with the new elemental damage.

hydruxo

Putting in some time on the X1 version now and I'm loving it so far! Controls are great and it looks/runs very smoothly. Very happy so far.

Also, how do you claim the legendary item?

Go to your inventory, hover over the item and press square.

Don't worry about armor as a crusader you get a ton naturally from strength I consider it a junk stat to re-roll into something useful. To get DPS up high level emerald in weapon for starters. Then it is turning lemon's into lemon aid with rares. Get a rare ring with high crit damage or high crit chance with strength reroll one of the junk stats into either crit damage or chance depending what is missing. same with amulets. I have about the worst RNG luck in the world but still got 1.1 million sheet dps by re-rolling rares and crafted set. Also look into crafting aughilds gear to get the 3 piece bonus. It just takes time to learn what stats lead to the most DPS. I am still figuring that out myself with the new elemental damage.

OK, so to break it down to its most simplistic point, ignore the armour stat and concentrate on everything else listed? Sounds much easier to manage. Cheers. I think that's what's been holding me back.

Wallach

Unfortunately you can't really "spam" any of your abilities because fury generation is fucked, but, also as Wallach points out barbarian itemization is fuckeddddd.

I hate to burst the dreams of anyone enjoying the class, but, for some reason Blizzard didn't bother giving barbarian any items that make our spenders better (which is the only way to reach Torment 6 because of mob HP values) outside of a single 2h mighty weapon which unfortunately has the problem of being a 2 handed weapon. It will actually be great in 2.1, good enough for Torment 6, but, not high end GRs.

I guess it's worth mentioning 2.1 will add 2 items that buff our spenders, but, both have already been confirmed as terrible. Of course that doesn't mean they won't always be terrible, blizzard has buffed quite a few legendary items to make them go from straight shit to god-tier (such as tall man's finger and firebird in 2.1) but for now they aren't great.

The only endgame paths for barbarians are based around our 3 class sets which are all pretty decent (and in 2.1 all 3 will be amazing). While it does suck I will say at least those options are fun to play. Both Raekor and Leapquake are styles I enjoy playing (or else I would have ditched my barbarian a long time ago)

Yeah, don't get me wrong I actually have had a ton of fun with Barbarian so far on console; I never played one on PC, even though I have a few hundred hours into RoS alone there. It's a very fun class, and the itemization paths they do have late game are very powerful and seem pretty fun to utilize.

They just clearly have the most busted baseline mechanic out of the five classes. I guess maybe Wizards could be on that level - I've never played one (all of my time on PC was between DH/WD with some light Monk) but their issues don't seem to stem from the resource itself. DH/WD resource is in way better shape, and Monks have their own resource issues but it's just not as severe as Barb.

If you're looking to play a Barbarian into 2.1 and 30+ Greater Rift progression, for now you need to be prepared to play the Leap+Earthquake or Furious Charge spam playstyles. None of the other routes have itemization that will multiply out enough. They are adding a Seismic Slam affix to Fury of the Vanished Peak but at best you're only going to be able to use it as a compliment to LQ or FC builds.

To be fair, all the classes are in somewhat of a similar position because right now there are only a handful of ways to hit the level of multiplicative damage to be competitive on that level. Demon Hunter for example is basically M6 (Sentries) or deal with it. A lot of itemization needs to be added to open up more gameplay options in terms of being competitive with the current top end builds.

ZenaxPure

It's not really a barbarian exclusive problem is the unfortunate part of it all. This is how every class is at endgame, honestly the only T6 builds for any class that involve an actual resource spender (that you actually cast yourself) is explosive blast wizards and holy shotgun/firestarter crusaders.

It's a problem time will fix though, 2.1 already has a lot of great builds coming out of it and as they add more items more builds will become viable.

But like I said, most of the builds that are available now are actually fun to play... They just don't resemble the class you leveled from 1-70 very much. It's kind of jarring to be honest.

Korosenai

Is there anything I can do to help my chances on getting the Jade Harvester set, or is it just all luck and hope to get it off a random drop?

quest

Not Banned from OT
OK, so to break it down to its most simplistic point, ignore the armour stat and concentrate on everything else listed? Sounds much easier to manage. Cheers. I think that's what's been holding me back.

Yeah ignore armor as a stat on gear it is a good stat to re-roll for crit hit, crit damage, elemental damage if you need dps boost.

Top Bottom