• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

OmegaDL50

the social loot system (mail/friend legendary drops) are not on PC
the apprentice mode is not on PC
the nemesis mode is not on PC

Dedicated offline mode single player and up to 4 player co-op is also not on PC
Gamepad controls instead of mouse and keyboard as well.

We are giving you differences for the console port, but the real question is would these things matter to YOU?

We can't decide for you. Also consider that expansion still sells for $40 for PC and Blizzard seldomly ever gives a discount, the console version being the full game plus expansion for $60 isn't a significant difference outside of a few things.

The XB1 / PS4 versions of UEE is going to be very close to the PC version at patch 2.06 in terms of parity. Even patch 2.1 as well.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Stop complaining about the price tag and just wait until it drops if it bothers you that much. I already happily paid my $60 and am ready to play this game until my PS4 melts.

npa189

Ugh, why don't games come out on Fridays? This street date is bull. I'll probably go with a crusader this time, something new.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Just curious -- Is there any consensus on what class thrives most in Late Game (past 70 and into Paragon). I remember before, Barbarians had an edge with their abilities and Life-On-Hit equipment (if they had it of course), while classes like Demon Hunter always seemed noticeably weaker than anyone else.

I haven't played in a LONG time, in many patches, but in my 200+ hours, those were definitely my observations back then.

If someone's a real veteran of RoS and the newest endgame and could give me some insight, I'd be super grateful :)

I'm still curious to see if playing co-op on PS4 will have dual profile trophy earning. This where player 2 is able to earn trophies just as player one can.

That was my wife's biggest issue when we played D3 on PS3 last winter.

Just curious -- Is there any consensus on what class thrives most in Late Game (past 70 and into Paragon). I remember before, Barbarians had an edge with their abilities and Life-On-Hit equipment (if they had it of course), while classes like Demon Hunter always seemed noticeably weaker than anyone else.

I haven't played in a LONG time, in many patches, but in my 200+ hours, those were definitely my observations back then.

If someone's a real veteran of RoS and the newest endgame and could give me some insight, I'd be super grateful :)

On the PC live servers:

Witch Doctor (Jade Set + Quez helm)
Demon Hunter (6 Piece Marauder + 2-hander/quiver)
Crusader (Holy Shotgun)

Haven't played on ptr that much but from what i've seen Demon Hunters/ Witch Doctors are still top tier on greater rifts.

Dunno if i am considered a veteran btw. These are my credentials.

Honestly I feel like with all the nerfs/buffs Blizzard has put into the game since 2.0 and RoS all the classes bring something tangible to the table with their own strengths and weaknesses. That said a Crusader with the shield toss buff legendary shield could be pretty OP when compared with their natural hardiness. Shields for days killing everything on the screen and almost impossible to kill.

Kureizu

Right now is pretty much the opposite. DH is considered the best class for late game while Barb and Monk are considered the weakest.

But you know, updates can totally change that and now we know we are going to get those. So the best class may be the worst in a couple months.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
On the PC live servers:

Witch Doctor (Jade Set + Quez helm)
Demon Hunter (6 Piece Marauder + 2-hander/quiver)
Crusader (Holy Shotgun)

Haven't played on ptr that much but from what i've seen Demon Hunters/ Witch Doctors are still top tier on greater rifts.

Dunno if i am considered a veteran btw. These are my credentials.

Thank you. :). I played a Witch Doctor and did pretty well, I remember seeing tons of them and Barbs farming those hellishly difficult areas on Act 3/inferno (before Monster power, etc) but I know tons has changed. I think I'm gonna go Crusader, try out a different feel.... Pretty sure there's going to be tons of us around.

Marceles

I think I'll be picking this up. I still play D3 on PC, platinumed the PS3 version, I'm interested to see how the PS4 version plays also. Console was also pretty generous in the drops I've gotten. On PC, I can't even get an RoRG to drop out of a crate. My RNG is trash lol

ZangBa

Eh, I'm actually glad Seasons aren't coming. I can understand its appeal in other ARPG's where there is actual depth in builds, but not D3. I know I'm in the minority on this, but I just never understood the appeal.

LCGeek

formerly sane

That would be witch doctor, crusader, and demon hunter in the live. In PTR 2.1 this is easily witch doctor or crusader, the dh had certain nerfs to sentries and for the moment have lost a step compared to live.

Santar

Street date broken here in Finland.

ihimcKm08XCmQ.jpg

Fellow fingaffers, check your local Citymarkets.

Why can't the stores over here in Norway break the street date too? :(

Abelian75

Neo Member
Eh, I'm actually glad Seasons aren't coming. I can understand its appeal in other ARPG's where there is actual depth in builds, but not D3. I know I'm in the minority on this, but I just never understood the appeal.

Interesting, I actually think there being less depth in builds is what makes me want seasons in D3. Or more specifically, the fact that any level 70 Crusader is equivalent to any other Crusader. Without seasons, there's never any reason for me to roll more than one of each class, ever (ok, two if I want both genders).

ZenaxPure

Interesting, I actually think there being less depth in builds is what makes me want seasons in D3. Or more specifically, the fact that any level 70 Crusader is equivalent to any other Crusader. Without seasons, there's never any reason for me to roll more than one of each class, ever (ok, two if I want both genders).

Yeah, the whole reset button aspect of it is pretty important for a lot of people (myself included). It doesn't make sense if you haven't played the shit out of the game and wrung every last thing out of it, but, I need that fresh start right now more than ever. I have all the gear I need on every single class except wizard (which I've about given up on now after 30k blood shards trying to get 1 single item) and needing over 3 billion XP per level (when a quest only gives you about 60 mil or so) makes gaining plvls feel more like a chore than anything else. Greater rifts/hellfire ammy content is nice, but the reality is I wouldn't spend much time with it on my current characters because there honestly isn't much to gain from it (just legendary gems and a necklace that is going to be a huge time sink to get one that doesn't utterly suck).

Basically yeah, need that fresh start really bad. It's a shame the console version won't get it, but I understand their logic behind it since a big focus of it is competitive and it needs to be controlled.

OmegaDL50

Hopefully we will still get the greater rifts

We ARE getting Greater Rifts.

Consoles are getting everything in 2.1 except Ladder / Seasons

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15157764/patch-support-confirmed-for-ps4™-and-xbox-one™-8-11-2014

Patch 2.1.0 is currently in development for Windows, Mac, PS4, and Xbox One. This patch will introduce exciting new features and content to Ultimate Evil Edition on next-gen platforms, including (but not limited to) Greater Rifts, Legendary Gems, new Legendary powers, and the Vault—a mysterious realm filled with untold riches, located just beyond a Treasure Goblin's portal.

We ARE getting Greater Rifts.

Consoles are getting everything in 2.1 except Ladder / Seasons

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15157764/patch-support-confirmed-for-ps4™-and-xbox-one™-8-11-2014

Patch 2.1.0 is currently in development for Windows, Mac, PS4, and Xbox One. This patch will introduce exciting new features and content to Ultimate Evil Edition on next-gen platforms, including (but not limited to) Greater Rifts, Legendary Gems, new Legendary powers, and the Vault—a mysterious realm filled with untold riches, located just beyond a Treasure Goblin's portal.

what are PS3/Xbox360 Players not getting that the PS4 and XBOX one players already have or will have after patching?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
If I have a saved game on my PS4, can I use my character on my roommate's PS4 that he has in our living room? I'm guessing not, since my profile won't be on his system, but I'd like to use my saved character when playing local co-op.

OmegaDL50

what are PS3/Xbox360 Players not getting that the PS4 and XBOX one players already have or will have after patching?

Outside of basic updates to 2.06 on day one, Likely no Greater Rifts, Legendary Gems, or the Goblin's Treasure Vault.

If the PS3 and 360 get one final update to 2.1 which would be kind of nice, it would be a good farewell gift, but outside of this I wouldn't expect any long term support for either of the PS3 or 360 versions.

Although I wonder if leveling up will be more of a grind due to the smaller mob density on the last gen consoles. It'll still be a enjoyable game.

ZenaxPure

Although I wonder if leveling up will be more of a grind due to the smaller mob density on the last gen consoles. It'll still be a enjoyable game.

Well unlike vanilla, quests actually give a lot of XP in RoS. The absolute fastest way to gain XP right now (in regards to overall time spent) is to do a very specific set of bounties in adventure mode that require very little killing but lots of XP gain. Blizzard is actually nerfing these bounties in 2.1 so if the 360/ps3 versions don't get 2.1 they will actually have a really viable way to keep gaining levels at a fast pace. Even rifts (which is where you will spend most of your time) have a quest turn in at the end that gives a load of XP.

OmegaDL50

My biggest concern is if equipment sanity checks were implemented. I scoured the official Blizzard forums, and there are conflicting reports.

Basically a sanity check is sort of like a active script that runs in the games background with the database of all items in the game. It makes sure items stay within a set limit when they are spawned upon an enemy being killed.

For example you find random sword and it's known values are in between 800 and 1000 damage and if it drops it will randomly stay within that parameter.

However if an item goes outside that threshold the item is deleted from inventory or is forcibly re-rolled within that limit.

The main point of a sanity check would stop people creating super items with impossible stats. The game would scan the equipment of a character upon load and if any gear goes outside its "Safe limit" the offending items are removed.

This would reduce modified save edits or imports of items from old D3 PS3 / 360 to the newer console versions. Since this check would trigger upon loading the game or going into an online session, no one would be allowed to import impossible items into a new session.

The only thing this wouldn't fix is duping items or gold. Or modded items that stay within the threshold at the maximum values.

OmegaDL50

So you can just dupe items by loading your cloud save after mailing an item?

I hope not.

This sounds similar to backing up PS3 D3 saves to a USB drive. trading a bunch of stuff to a dummy account on your PS3, and then reloading your save on the main account and trading from the dummy account back to the main account.

With the more higher ended items being account bound. This will do away most of this, because account bounded items being non-tradable.

Kyoufu

I hope not.

This sounds similar to backing up PS3 D3 saves to a USB drive. trading a bunch of stuff to a dummy account on your PS3, and then reloading your save on the main account and trading from the dummy account back to the main account.

With the more higher ended items being account bound. This will do away most of this, because account bounded items being non-tradable.

I don't think there's any account-bound items in the console versions though.

OmegaDL50

There was indeed account bound items in PS3 original Diablo 3.

And UEE is supposedly far closer to the PC version then the original console release was, so I expect a lot more account bound items like Marquise Gems, Crafted Items, and certain Legendaries.

Top Bottom