• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

ZenaxPure

So are the hackers coming from hacked ps3 import saves? And how do you examin a other players gear?

No, this game is just already hacked (was hacked the first day I'm pretty sure, one of the top console streamers on twitch the past few days has been advertising hacked gear and shit).

Vire

Yeaaaah boy.

Bv8DWltIQAEt6Fi.jpg:orig

Thank you GAF friends for the legendaries!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Just beat Act 5. I wanted to start adventure mode but saw no option to do so, just to "continue" my game. When I started, I saw the map was already available. . But I couldn't go anywhere else or select any other chapters. What am I missing?

Also, thanks to all the gaffers who've answered all of our questions. :). Very appreciated

HORRORSHØW

that's some insane dps, vire.

successfully rolled through t4 with a blessed shield and blessed hammer build. blessed shield felt easier even though it was weaker dps wise. will probably stay here until i get some decent gear.

Just beat Act 5. I wanted to start adventure mode but saw no option to do so, just to "continue" my game. When I started, I saw the map was already available. . But I couldn't go anywhere else or select any other chapters. What am I missing?

Also, thanks to all the gaffers who've answered all of our questions. :). Very appreciated
Instead of choosing Continue on the title screen, go to Game Settings and select Adventure mode from there :)

So is there any strategy to the floors of a rift? Should I clear each one out as I go or just go straight to the next one? Does the amount of kills required lessen with each floor or how does it work?

ZenaxPure

So is there any strategy to the floors of a rift? Should I clear each one out as I go or just go straight to the next one? Does the amount of kills required lessen with each floor or how does it work?

Nah, the amount of kills always remains constant. You can actually make it to the end and then be forced to back track and have to find leftover guys to kill.

My general rule for running rifts has always been explore floors with great density/mob types and any time I come across something bad (basically act 5 mobs and corrupted angels) try to make it to the next floor asap.

Nah, the amount of kills always remains constant. You can actually make it to the end and then be forced to back track and have to find leftover guys to kill.

My general rule for running rifts has always been explore floors with great density/mob types and any time I come across something bad (basically act 5 mobs and corrupted angels) try to make it to the next floor asap.
Ah alright, thanks for clearing that up. And by bad you just mean annoying/hard to kill without much reward?

ZenaxPure

Ah alright, thanks for clearing that up. And by bad you just mean annoying/hard to kill without much reward?

Pretty much. Corrupted angels are probably the most annoying imo, any floor with them I typically try to just find the exit as soon as I can as they suck. But, it's more of a personal thing, you will get a feel for the mobs you like and dislike as time goes on.

I just spent 4 hours chucking jars of spiders at zombies, skeletons, fat things, ghost, and 4 nemesis! The Witch Doctor class is so badass and so freaking funny.
I saw a dude summon a parahna tornado and when the spell expired all the fish died on the floor.
I started over twice because I found the Wizard class boring and I didn't like a automatic machine gun cross bow. Reminds me of that movie with the girls who has a machine gun leg.

How suck ass is it to get possessed by a spirit and then get hit in the face with a jar of spiders?
I. Love. It.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is there a way to access the equipment menu by pressing something else than the touch panel on the DS4?
I want to buy a ps3/4 arcade stick today and it has all the buttons, switches between the dpad/left and right stick etc., but nothing for the touch panel, so I was wondering if it means I won't be able to access my equipment and skills.

Wallach

About two minutes ago I found a Count Julia's. It did not roll crit, crit damage, or an element.

I took my frustration out on the goblin on the edge of my screen and he dropped a Sun Keeper with STR, 30% Elite and a socket.

RNGesus works in mysterious ways.

Saganator

Should I give up on using 1 handers with my Crusader if I ever want to break 280-300k DPS? I like the attack speed with 1h + the attack speed passive, but I seem to be stuck at 250-300k DPS. Is my weapon preference holding me back?

Also what is a decent +all res to aim for in T1/2? I just did a couple T1 bounties, I was never in any real danger, it just took forever to kill stuff. Thinking maybe I should scale back my defensive stats in favor of offensive.

Finally got to Act V yesterday evening and already loving it more than the entire game before that. Finally some really dark art style. Wouldn't it just be for that shitty WoW engine....

Nokterian

Finally got to Act V yesterday evening and already loving it more than the entire game before that. Finally some really dark art style. Wouldn't it just be for that shitty WoW engine....

This isn't made from the WoW Engine at all. It's made with a custom 3d engine made by blizzard.

This isn't made from the WoW Engine at all. It's made with a custom 3d engine made by blizzard.
It sure looks like friggin WoW though. I still l can't understand what the guys at Blizzard were thinking when they changed that art design.

Why is expert so damn easy? I killed Belial in under 2 minutes :(

Can't wait to get till act 4 and bump up the difficulty.
Master isn't available before Act V. But look forward to it as it really does up the difficulty.

Matriox

Anyone want to do t2 rifts on ps4???

ExHatred is my psn

Nvm just gonna start my hc character

I was about to say, I could but I'm streaming from my ipad's 3g connection, to remote play about an hour away from home. I just finished soloing a t2 rift but it wasn't pretty.

Lernaean

Banned
Reading all those great comments, i'm just glad the console only crowd got to experience this great Blizzard game, you guys were missing one of the greatest (and slowest) game devs.
If only you could play Starcraft II now, you'd be mind blown. XD

Number45

A couple of questions:

Should I just vendor gems as I level (aside from those I'm using)? Sounds like I might as well save my money and use/combine marquise when they start dropping at level 61.

Do I need to own the legendary for transmogrification purposes, or is HAVING owned it enough? I have a beautiful shield (around level 40), I'll stash it if I need it to transmog with.

Yeaaaah boy.

Bv8DWltIQAEt6Fi.jpg:orig

Thank you GAF friends for the legendaries!
Also, what's the little refresh circle next to critical hits grant 3 ap on this (and other items)? Does it mean that it can be re-rolled?

Silav101

Kadala, you champion you. 450 shards later, i get my Mirrorball with 2 extra missiles, crit chance, cooldown reduction and magic missile % +damage

Dat tripled dps, i only use blizzard as my arcane spender now xD

Liljagare

This game is so dope and soooo much fun on Ps4 Couch Coop.

Played it to death on the PC, but darn, it sucked me back in again!!

Also, what's the little refresh circle next to critical hits grant 3 ap on this (and other items)? Does it mean that it can be re-rolled?

It means that the item was enchanted (via vendor Myriam Jahzia, the Mystic) and a Magic Property was replaced. And yes, that Magic Property can be re-rolled.

Lernaean

Banned
I have a better question for you.
I have a stash of about 10 caches that i got by doing bounties with my lvl 70 DH. I have left a Crus at lvl 60 and when i get home from vacation, i'll just get her to 70.
If i open the caches with a 70 Crus, will i get Crus gear or DH gear? (Considering smart-loot. Ofc i may get some random stuff)

Matriox

I have a better question for you.
I have a stash of about 10 caches that i got by doing bounties with my lvl 70 DH. I have left a Crus at lvl 60 and when i get home from vacation, i'll just get her to 70.
If i open the caches with a 70 Crus, will i get Crus gear or DH gear? (Considering smart-loot. Ofc i may get some random stuff)

You will get Crusader gear, the only variable that matters for Caches is what level the character is that earns it. So long as your 70 DH got the caches, the gear should be 70 Crusader when Crusader opens them, or 70 DH if the DH opens them.

EDIT: From the horadric cache page on the diablo wiki:

While the difficulty level of the cache is set when farmed, the actual items in the cache are set when it is opened, and the smart loot will target the class of the character who opens it. Thus players can farm caches with their fastest character, then open them with another character who will find the loot in the cache themed to them; class-restricted items and especially the mainstat and other item affixes.

kriskrosbbk

Guys just bought the game ,but currently downloading and have two icons on my dashboard.Are they gonna merge once downloaded?One is with (English) in the end.

Why would this game suddenly stop giving me legendary loot drops? Like, I've been playing on Expert and Master consistently and I was getting mad loot, but all of a sudden the decent drops came grinding to a halt.

I was unable to complete one area due to time constraints so I had to restart it a couple of times. I haven't had the time to complete a given area and make it to a checkpoint. Is that why?

Anyone want to hook me up for a level 40 monk, level 45 Crusader, or a level 70 barbarian?

So what are the tips at level 70 to get better gear? I'm paragon 40-ish and everything from here seems to be better in some areas and worse in others, with no fully "better" gear dropping. What do I aim for/do? The meta in this game just seems completely confusing to me as a person who only played Diablo prior to this casually.

So I have 2 Diablo 3 installations on my ps4. I've only been playing the the with (english) next to it but the other installation seems to be the smaller one?

Anyway... Can I just delete one of them without a problem?

Lernaean

Banned
You will get Crusader gear, the only variable that matters for Caches is what level the character is that earns it. So long as your 70 DH got the caches, the gear should be 70 Crusader when Crusader opens them, or 70 DH if the DH opens them.

Thanks for that!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
My question quoted for the new page:
Is there a way to access the equipment menu by pressing something else than the touch panel on the DS4?
I want to buy a ps3/4 arcade stick today and it has all the buttons, switches between the dpad/left and right stick etc., but nothing for the touch panel, so I was wondering if it means I won't be able to access my equipment and skills.

Kikolool

Banned
So I have 2 Diablo 3 installations on my ps4. I've only been playing the the with (english) next to it but the other installation seems to be the smaller one?

Anyway... Can I just delete one of them without a problem?

The smaller one is RUS/POL if you are in EU. You may delete it.

bidguy

Banned

so it doesnt matter if i farm caches on normal ? will i still get the same gear as on torment ?

Top Bottom