• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Grimløck;127106492 said:
great drops. terrible rolls.

Just about every legendary weapon I find doesn't have a socket. I know they're dealing with this in the next patch, but come on Blizz... it should have been a no brainer to have all level 70 legendary weapons have a socket. Who thought that was ok.

tricho

Wow. These gifts are awesome! Got 2 Shards of Hate and Talrashas Amulett in the mail. Thanks guys!

Feel free to add me so i can give some of the love back! (psn:tricho) :)

Is it worth putting any gems on gear when I am not level 70 yet?

of course! you just salvage them anyway and you get the gem back and its free whenever you upgrade to something new.

If you are doing low damage, add a RED jewel.

if you are high damage hovering around 60ish and above - put a GREEN jewel in your weapon.

SeanTSC

Is it worth putting any gems on gear when I am not level 70 yet?

Yeah, since you get them back when you salvage stuff anyways. I'm just socketing all +Str and +Weapon Damage for my Crusader when sockets are available. The str socketing doesn't do a ton, but might as well since it's quick and easy to do. The weapon damage socketing is pretty significant when leveling though and absolutely worth it (and then Crit when you get high enough).

On a different note, don't get discouraged about a low damage stat. What you need to do is take okay yellow drops and polish them up to something special. Look at the loot you pick up rather than junking everything from the tooltip, and find things that are 1 affix from being good. On rings, that's your main stat, critical damage, critical chance, and a fourth affix depending on what you're lacking (resists, more damage, attack speed, etc). Amulets are similar in that you want crit chance and damage, along with your main stat and some resists or even more damage. The trick is to find yellows that are almost perfect and use the mystic to give you what you need.

Using that method and finding an admittedly good 2h sword got my Crusader from 240k damage to nearly 800k within five or six hours.

Edit: oh and SOCKET YOUR WEAPON. Once your crit chance gets above 25-30%, put the biggest emerald you can into it. Under 25% crit chance, it may be better to use a ruby.

Wallach

How do you dismiss your pet? I have this spectral-like blue dog following me around.

Go into your "Items" inventory section and use the dog again from there. It will dismiss it. You can stuff it in your Stash if you don't want to carry the item around with you (whether you have the dog out or not).

I don't get the whole gifting gear thing. Why would you want that? Finding gear is one of the main reasons the game is fun and why you're playing it.
It adds a sense of community. I know I enjoy finding gifts for my friends. I haven't really gotten anything excellent from it yet, but it's extremely gratifying to see the mail notification when I start playing after a long day at work.

That and the nemesis system are my favorite things about this version.

It adds a sense of community. I know I enjoy finding gifts for my friends. I haven't really gotten anything excellent from it yet, but it's extremely gratifying to see the mail notification when I start playing after a long day at work.

Everything needs a community.

Yup, hearing the mail notification sound is one of the most satisfying things ever :D

Hit 40 on the demon hunter last night, near end of act 2.

Really wondering about builds though. I'm mostly rapid fire/spreadshot/calthops/turrent right now, and it seems to be working, but i'm wondering what other skills come in handy.

Petrie

Banned
It's especially fun when a gift drops for someone you really know. My brother had a gift drop for me while we were playing together same console. It was silly that we had to go back to town so he could send it to me, and then I opened it right there, but that kind of quirky fun is great.

Number45

1) 2.1.0 coming to PS4 made my day. Can't wait for it.

2) To fellow Crusaders who use Justice....How the fuck are you firing hammers so damn fast? Dexterity? Emeralds?
I would have thought they're using a one hander with high attack speed.

Really wondering about builds though. I'm mostly rapid fire/spreadshot/calthops/turrent right now, and it seems to be working, but i'm wondering what other skills come in handy.
If it's working I don't see why you wouldn't stick with it, at least while levelling. I enjoy setting things on fire with my crusader so much I'll be looking for builds around that mechanic when I max level. ^_^

I know it is RNG, but I swear the PS4 version is just throwing all of the gear I tried farming forever on my PC DH. Last night in succession:

Cindercoat
Firewalkers
Magefists

All were kind of "meh" but the fact they dropped as three in a row items leads me to believe the blizz gods just want to rub it in.

With all of the classes, your gear at hand (especially while leveling) will probably be your best guide to your build. For me personally, the skills I enjoy don't get unlocked until later leveling anyway.

SeanTSC

Yep, I love getting gifts from people. It's also fun to see a gift drop and hope that I'm giving someone something good.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Currently playing a monk on expert (PC), just met Zoltun Kulle in Act 2. The challenge has fallen off a cliff since the previous act and I'm steam rolling everything. I checked to make sure the difficulty was still on expert and I can't move the difficulty level up a notch. Can someone let me know if the difficulty picks up again in later acts?

So how is this game for a livelong diablo fan who bought D3 on day one and was deeply disappointed? Any improvements?

It's the loot 2.0 patch and expansion that made the PC game worth owning as well with some additional tweeks.

Then PC gets 2.1 adding seasons Friday, new legendaries, new gameplay and I'll probably have to swing back to it again.

Barb-OutGame2.png

Can someone tell me where and when I will be able to find this sword? I want this!

PS4 here. Just want to wonder why the hell they haven't changed things to allow 2 local players to view their inventory at the same time. You know, 1080p goodness and all.

I played Demon Hunter in Vanilla a couple of years ago and that sounds pretty much like what I had as a setup. Didn't evolve much from there. The game has changed a lot since then though.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
At the middle point of Act 5 this game is a drug. Level 63 Crusader... I can sometimes do 2million damage. In fact, the game is easy on Expert right now, so I may pump it up to Master.

Also started a Wizard to play local co-op with a friend and he chose a Demon Hunter. DH looks like a blast to play as, but Wizard is so, so so far.

hmmm Is this game worth playing solo? Just single player? (p.s.Never played a diablo game)

I have played diablo 3 1-70 on PC by myself about 4 times and am doing the same again now on console on my Hardcore character

I'd say yes it's still worth playing. More people= more fun, but 1 people is still a lot of fun.

X-Frame

of course! you just salvage them anyway and you get the gem back and its free whenever you upgrade to something new.

If you are doing low damage, add a RED jewel.

if you are high damage hovering around 60ish and above - put a GREEN jewel in your weapon.

Yeah, since you get them back when you salvage stuff anyways. I'm just socketing all +Str and +Weapon Damage for my Crusader when sockets are available. The str socketing doesn't do a ton, but might as well since it's quick and easy to do. The weapon damage socketing is pretty significant when leveling though and absolutely worth it (and then Crit when you get high enough).

Yep might as well if the gear is already an upgrade.

Thank you everyone! I have a lot of sockets to fill when I play next.

Fistwell

Currently playing a monk on expert (PC), just met Zoltun Kulle in Act 2. The challenge has fallen off a cliff since the previous act and I'm steam rolling everything. I checked to make sure the difficulty was still on expert and I can't move the difficulty level up a notch. Can someone let me know if the difficulty picks up again in later acts?
It does in actV. Difficulty tends to depend on gear quality though. If you luck out, things can get real easy for a while before getting tougher as you level up. Until you hit that RNG jackpot again.

Yup, basically this, dodge or die

I've found that DH shouldn't have to bother dodging. I gear for resist all and use Smoke Screen often- my DH isn't squishy at all on T1, I can facetank most anything. Stand your ground and overwhelm. Smoke Screen then Fan of Knives with knockback/stun to escape being surrounded/stuck. I haven't found Sentry to be very useful. Rapid Fire is decent but Cluster Arrow is more effective. Traps are fun but they haven't proven to be worth it trying to break into higher difficulties.

Basically, SS as much as you can afford to, move only when you have to, and hold out while managing Hatred to keep Cluster Arrows going until you can use Vengeance again (which cools off usually at the same rate you'll find enemies worthy of using it on).

Jinjo

At the middle point of Act 5 this game is a drug. Level 63 Crusader... I can sometimes do 2million damage. In fact, the game is easy on Expert right now, so I may pump it up to Master.

Also started a Wizard to play local co-op with a friend and he chose a Demon Hunter. DH looks like a blast to play as, but Wizard is so, so so far.

Wait till later levels, I started with both a DH and Wizard and after lv 30'ish I stuck with the Wizard. Being a firemage is a lot of fun. Shit literally melts and your spells get more powerful the more enemies you keep hitting.

Earlier I shared some false information about how the warp mechanics work in the game. Here's now a corrected list of observations (single player on PS4):

• Using the right d-pad will warp you back to town.
  • When you warp back to town using this method, it will create a portal in town for you to return to the same spot you warped from. This works no matter where you are, whether in the field or in dungeons.
  • It appears the warp portal will remain even if you quit the game. This is very useful for busy people who may need to jump out of the game at any time. If you don't create a portal before you quit, I believe you will spawn in town and have to use the circular stone platforms to make your way back to where you were.
  • Warping back to town using the circular stone platforms won't create a return portal, for obvious reasons.
  • Warping back to town won't reset the map.
  • When you warp back to town it will remember the item locations in the area you warped from so you can go back and pick them up.
  • The game only appears to reset the map when you quit the game and return to the character select screen (as far as I can tell, multiplayer may be different).
Learning about the d-pad warp portal was very helpful since I know I can warp back to town and salvage or sell my inventory whenever it got full and return without losing my place.

EDIT: Added one.

Earlier I shared some false information about how the warp mechanics work in the game. Here's now a corrected list of observations (single player on PS4):

• When you warp back to town using this method, it will create a portal in town for you to return to the same spot you warped from. This works no matter where you are, whether in the field or in dungeons.
  • Warping back to town using the circular stone platforms won't create a return portal, for obvious reasons.
  • When you warp back to town it will remember the item locations in the area you warped from so you can go back and pick them up.
  • The game only appears to reset the map when you quit the game and return to the character select screen (as far as I can tell, multiplayer may be different).
Learning about the d-pad warp portal was very helpful since I know I can warp back to town and salvage or sell my inventory whenever it got full and return without losing my place.

Good to know.

Thanks.

Looks like there are unique subquests for all your followers and artisans in Act 5?

I guess I missed some of them.

I did Kormac
confronting the master of his order
and
Lyndon
discovering what happened to his brother.

Andrew.

Banned
Shout out to antitrop for giving me that cool million gold. Thought I was rollin for a minute.

Burned through it quicker than it takes for your asshole to explode after ingesting Taco Bell. Transmogrification is expensive as hell.

Now Im back down to around 100k.

Kikolool

Banned

• It appears the warp portal will remain even if you quit the game. This is very useful for busy people who may need to jump out of the game at any time. If you don't create a portal before you quit, I believe you will spawn in town and have to use the circular stone platforms to make your way back to where you were.

I came from Diablo 2 where you had to buy scolls and was shocked how easy that works now..

Shout out to antitrop for giving me that cool million gold. Thought I was rollin for a minute.

Burned through it quicker than it takes for your asshole to explode after ingesting Taco Bell. Transmogrification is expensive as hell.

Now Im back down to around 100k.

building royal flawless emeralds has me scraping by with around 240k of gold- had ~4 million. still need to pass on a million to a random Gaffer in need- no more spending! haha

Top Bottom