• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Join someone at the end of act 4. Beat the last boss and you'll unlock master mode, iirc.

That is a good idea! Is there a browser of sorts to find people playing and where they are in the game? I haven't played MP at all yet.

I just played through the entirety of Act 3 on Expert without using a single potion nor any strategy whatsoever than standing in one place and spamming all my Crusader abilities. Absolutely boring.

I'm done with this game now. I don't want to spend 3 more hours playing through all of Act 4 just I can get Blizzard to allow me play a harder difficulty.

How did they screw the ramping up this bad?

You can do Act 4 in under an hour easily. I've done it many times. You can also join a friend who is on Diablo and beat him to unlock everything.

I'm surprised to see Crusaders not using Shield Bash. With a decent shield and the first rune, I'm decimating enemy packs much quicker than any of the other abilities I tried.

I'm running a Shield Bash build. It's pretty fun dashing into a group of monsters and going at it. I even have legendary shield that reduces the Wrath cost of the skill by 42%. However I feel like I need to up my DPS or change some skills around as I feel I'm killing too slow. I'm on my iPhone now but I'll post my build in a bit.

Jagxyz

That is a good idea! Is there a browser of sorts to find people playing and where they are in the game? I haven't played MP at all yet.
I don't think so, I just used the randomised quest/act option to I found someone at the last part of act 4.

Saganator

Sounds like I'm running a different build compared to most of you guys. I'm using the passive that heals 1% HP when I do Holy damage, so all my attacks are Holy. I'm rolling with Smite as my main, with Surge rune to hit more mobs. Slash is my secondary, Gathering Sweep rune to pull guys closer (also changes damage from Fire to Holy), and then Shield Glare with the first rune that increases damage to blinded enemies. So when I see a pack of mobs, I run in, Slash to get more guys in front of me, Shield Glare for damage increase, and then I hit Condemn and blow 'em up, and Smite away at the rest.

Kyoufu

I'm using the Fist of the Heavens fire build. Destroying Torment III with my eyes closed. Need better rolls and more Paragon points to do T4+.

I'm surprised to see Crusaders not using Shield Bash. With a decent shield and the first rune, I'm decimating enemy packs much quicker than any of the other abilities I tried.

I love the shield bash. I alternate between that and fist of heavens w/retribution. this is my build at 64:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#USiZQO!aYW!cZZYc

Zvp8QrZ.png

benjammin

alrighty

ill see what im not using-

Awesome, thanks so much!

If anyone needs any crusader weapons/armor then let me know and I'll gift out whatever I have. I've tried to send out as many gifts as I can to people who are playing crusader, but it's not always easy to see who is playing what class.

what do nemesis drop if defeated?

good stuff i hope? lol

anyways.

are the gifts that drop for your friends worth sending? i don't want to just send it to them if it's useless but i guess it's no harm to send since free item is free.

also i don't know when it happened but i totally missed the act 1 scene where
cain dies
unsure if i was tuned out or what but i missed out on leah's 6th journal somehow after that.

h3ro

Awesome, thanks so much!

If anyone needs any crusader weapons/armor then let me know and I'll gift out whatever I have. I've tried to send out as many gifts as I can to people who are playing crusader, but it's not always easy to see who is playing what class.

Help a fellow Crusader out! I feel like I've hit a wall, I'm in the 50s level-wise and still running Lvl 40's loot.

I'd appreciate any help and of course pay it forward.

PSN ID is m0nkeyhero

-PXG-

Blessed hammer is my primary. Provoke is just wrath generator and monster magnet. It lets me free up my other 4 slots for buffs and Consecration with the fire rune. It does good for the most part but stuck at T3 until I get better amulet and ring to get my elemental damage up. That or get the last 2 pieces of the class set.

Got my RoRG this morning less than a week so not to bad. Came at 560 bounties completed. Now if kadala would ever give me something useful.

That was my next question. I might start using provoke again to keep my wrath up. I love spamming blessed hammer.

Here is my current build again

EIvRO7c.jpg

KtCZCFM.jpg

I need to get my attack speed up. More damage wouldn't hurt either.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I just played through the entirety of Act 3 on Expert without using a single potion nor any strategy whatsoever than standing in one place and spamming all my Crusader abilities. Absolutely boring.

I'm done with this game now. I don't want to spend 3 more hours playing through all of Act 4 just I can get Blizzard to allow me play a harder difficulty.

How did they screw the ramping up this bad?

Act 4 is super short.

Help a fellow Crusader out! I feel like I've hit a wall, I'm in the 50s level-wise and still running Lvl 40's loot.

I'd appreciate any help and of course pay it forward.

PSN ID is m0nkeyhero

I don't think it's possible for Blizz to make enough loot drop, they're already skittles and we still want handouts. lol

good stuff i hope? lol

anyways.

are the gifts that drop for your friends worth sending? i don't want to just send it to them if it's useless but i guess it's no harm to send since free item is free.

cain dies
unsure if i was tuned out or what but i missed out on leah's 6th journal somehow after that.

I had an odd nemesis encounter yesterday. Basically the nemesis didn't drop anything. Nothing for me or a gift for the person it had killed previously. That was really disappointing.

Here's my Shield Bash build. For Shield Bash, I switch runes from Shield Cross to Pound for bosses. I was using Heaven's Fury but switched to Condemned yesterday. It seems to work better for larger mobs. And I just switched to using the horse for better movement speed, since almost every Crusader I've played with seems to be going from mob to mob with this skill. I dunno if I should switch that to Provoke, though. I just need to get better gear. Any tips on improving this build? I really want to run a Holy Shotgun build, but that'll have to wait until I can get Fate of the Fell.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#aZVifQ!aWSR!YbYabZ

FXj0K5g.png

You know, Nemesis are a real crapshoot, but wow do I love them.

Had one spawn last night, mid act 2. I was solo at the time, with a follower, and hadn't had much an issue with the previous ones i'd been getting. Set up some defenses as soon as I heard the horns, and thought things would be cool.

Hell came through that portal Gaf. The SOB had like seven heads under his name, a small army of player ghosts, and steamrolled me without contest. I feel sorry for whomever got that guy after me.

To everyone,
If you was playing hardcore what would you have done?
Stayed your ground to see what the nemesis was or run like heck?

good stuff i hope? lol

anyways.

cain dies

I always thought it was a item that leveled up to whatever of your characters open it?

There's no meaningful story for any of the followers, although you'll lose the stats (including any XP boost gear) obviously.

Not exactly. Each Follower has a quest once you reach the end of their dialogue in Act V. Her's is pretty good. Shen also has one once you hit the end of his.

Also, if you find two Unity rings and one of the Legendary Follower Tokens (Immortal), it's a 50% damage reduction, which is good for when playing solo.

good stuff i hope? lol

anyways.

also i don't know when it happened but i totally missed the act 1 scene where cain dies unsure if i was tuned out or what but i missed out on leah's 6th journal somehow after that.

I've fought around 5-6 and got nothing thus far. Gifts for friends are always welcome.
And that journal is either in her house or the next act.

Still farming for a TF/MB and 2 more pieces of Tal Rasha.

Hell came through that portal Gaf. The SOB had like seven heads under his name, a small army of player ghosts, and steamrolled me without contest. I feel sorry for whomever got that guy after me.

The horns sounding means "Clear the fuck out of the way", and setup time. I fought one like that, and it was tough, but fun.

Kyoufu

Cool thanks. My sader on PC has all the above except full akkhan.. And that took a long time to get. Doing this on console is gonna make me cry

I dunno. It took me two days to get that build. Maybe I just got lucky, but Kadala now giving set items certainly helps.

To everyone,
If you was playing hardcore what would you have done?
Stayed your ground to see what the nemesis was or run like heck?

I haven't seen a Nemesis yet on my HC run, but maybe that's because not many people on my friends list are playing HC to begin with. If I do encounter one, I'll go head-on against it with my Crusader and see what happens.

Well I'm almost capped on shards again. Going to blow them on begging Kadala for my Gyrfalcon's Foote since one hasn't dropped for me yet. 5 bucks says she trolls me the whole time and be like "yo bro, sweet paperweight".

Are the mage armor abilities useful? I'm playing on expert and do no really use them very much.

Energy Armor with the Prismatic Rune is practically a must if you want to survive Torment difficulties. Expert is easy enough that you don't need it.

Well I'm almost capped on shards again. Going to blow them on begging Kadala for my Gyrfalcon's Foote since one hasn't dropped for me yet. 5 bucks says she trolls me the whole time and be like "yo bro, sweet paperweight".

Most of the time I feel I'm paying her 5 blood shards to buy crafting materials...

Any low level wizards here? I found a fucking awesome leve 70 wand the other day that is usable at 46. Check out the stats yo.

Anyone low level wizzys that can use it? Gimme your psn.

I'm in the late 30s on my Wizard build so I'll at 46 soon. Lol

PSN: EnVy_CaLiBeR

CRA5H

I dunno. It took me two days to get that build. Maybe I just got lucky, but Kadala now giving set items certainly helps.
Kadala hates me on PC.. and she seems to also remember my identity on PS4. Damn woman treats me like the ex boyfriend that cheated on her.

I can craft anyone anything from the blacksmith and I can add any Flawless Gem to it (your choice).

A random guy paid it forward to me and I now have a decent amount of flawless gems and crafting material.

So I'm looking to pay it forward to my fellow gaffers.

It's just me and my youngest today so I'll be on and off on Gaf and in Diablo depending how she's behaving.

PSN Frost-Fiend

See, to me, this isn't that far removed from item duping.

X-Frame

Awesome, thanks so much!

I'd love some of what you have, whatever you want to spare. Level 53 Crusader, and now that I think of it I've never gotten a Legendary Crusader Shield. PSN: X-Frame. Thanks!

I have been paying it forward as well, mailing out the Legendary's I've grown out of to others from DiabloGAF.

I think I remember someone mentioning the Reapers Wraps as a legendary I should equip as a Crusader. Is this right? I can build it right now but it will use my last two building elements.

Top Bottom