• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Matriox

so it doesnt matter if i farm caches on normal ? will i still get the same gear as on torment ?

I do apologize, yes that does also matter for the individual cache. The higher the level that the cache was farmed on, the higher chance for legendaries in the cache.

Atkison04

Just wanted to say thank you to who ever mentioned in this thread that if you hit right on the d-pad you can warp back to town without losing any sort of progress. I had no idea. That makes things so much easier for me. I'm loving this game very much! Level 30 wizard, been playing every evening since it launched on ps4.

YoodlePro

Is Diablo 3 worth the money? I mean it's almost $100 here in the UK. I know of the possibility to buy from the US store, but doesn't that limit me to play on US servers?

Also I'm on a tight budget gaming wise, and I was thinking that I could get TLOU:R and Metro Redux for £50 while Diablo 3 would cost me £50 alone.

I need help GAF!! Give me thy wisdom!

Is Diablo 3 worth the money? I mean it's almost $100 here in the UK. I know of the possibility to buy from the US store, but doesn't that limit me to play on US servers?

Also I'm on a tight budget gaming wise, and I was thinking that I could get TLOU:R and Metro Redux for £50 while Diablo 3 would cost me £50 alone.

If you're looking for a game that gives you bang for you buck you can't go wrong with Diablo 3.

You will play through the story, then farm adventure mode for countless hours. And that's if you just make 1 character.

Also there's loads of gaffers playing if you add your name to the friend list doc from the other thread.

Just buy it.

zoobzone

You will get Crusader gear, the only variable that matters for Caches is what level the character is that earns it. So long as your 70 DH got the caches, the gear should be 70 Crusader when Crusader opens them, or 70 DH if the DH opens them.

EDIT: From the horadric cache page on the diablo wiki:

Thanks, that's good to know, makes farming the Grandeur ring easier for me.

PS: I have a + Strength Royal Ring of Grandeur, I'm looking to trade for one with Intellect. anyone? I can't enchant it to Intellect on mine because I've already enchanted another attribute.

Just wanted to say thank you to who ever mentioned in this thread that if you hit right on the d-pad you can warp back to town without losing any sort of progress. I had no idea. That makes things so much easier for me. I'm loving this game very much! Level 30 wizard, been playing every evening since it launched on ps4.

Love the TP function

Makes getting rid of junk so easy

Do I need to have the Followers actually following me to
do their quests
?

tmespe

The game is tons of fun and has a lot of replayability. It's worth every penny in my opinion. I bought the first one on PS3, bought it on PC and now on PS4 and don't regret it. If you buy it on the US store you can still choose which region to play multiplayer on, so that's not an issue.

Why would this game suddenly stop giving me legendary loot drops? Like, I've been playing on Expert and Master consistently and I was getting mad loot, but all of a sudden the decent drops came grinding to a halt.

I was unable to complete one area due to time constraints so I had to restart it a couple of times. I haven't had the time to complete a given area and make it to a checkpoint. Is that why?

Anyone want to hook me up for a level 40 monk, level 45 Crusader, or a level 70 barbarian?
The loot is random. Sometimes you won't get any legendaries for hours, and sometimes it will rain legendaries left and right.

tmespe

Not true, there's a fail safe system where you're absolutely going to get at least one legendary an hour. At least on PC.

I haven't seen any confirmations of that. That seems more like a myth than fact. I played for over two hours the other day and didn't get a single legendary, so even if that was the case on PC, it's not the same on console based on my experience.

I do apologize, yes that does also matter for the individual cache. The higher the level that the cache was farmed on, the higher chance for legendaries in the cache.

ive heard the complete opposite on this. Ive heard it doesnt matter for the cache which is why everyone farms bounties on normal, then moves to T1/T2 for rifts to get legendaries...

I'm streaming levelling my hardcore Crusader if anyone wants to watch. Playing on hard almost lvl 30 NaughtyPrawn

I feel I could up the difficulty by one cause I'm tearing through white mobs but I've had a few really tough run ins with elite mobs.

ive heard the complete opposite on this. Ive heard it doesnt matter for the cache which is why everyone farms bounties on normal, then moves to T1/T2 for rifts to get legendaries...

Nah it's pretty much developer-confirmed if I'm not mistaken.

It's still rather a question of how quickly you can do Torment runs in comparison to normal ones.

YoodlePro

If you're looking for a game that gives you bang for you buck you can't go wrong with Diablo 3.

You will play through the story, then farm adventure mode for countless hours. And that's if you just make 1 character.

Also there's loads of gaffers playing if you add your name to the friend list doc from the other thread.

Just buy it.

I might bite, I've calculated that if I get it on the US store and get Metro Redux I'm still in my targeted budget.

You mentioned there's a friend list doc? Would like to join that as I have no friends on PSN (Eastern Europe syndrome) lol.

-PXG-

1) 2.1.0 coming to PS4 made my day. Can't wait for it.

2) To fellow Crusaders who use Justice....How the fuck are you firing hammers so damn fast? Dexterity? Emeralds?

Nah it's pretty much developer-confirmed if I'm not mistaken.

It's still rather a question of how quickly you can do Torment runs in comparison to normal ones.

so if im farming to get that Ring in Act 1, should i be doing it on Normal, or T1 (which im currently playing it) - the ring you get from the horadric caches or whatever. Which will give me the better chance of getting the legendary (which to my understanding, doesnt drop within the Game, but only from the cache itself)

Matriox

so if im farming to get that Ring in Act 1, should i be doing it on Normal, or T1 (which im currently playing it) - the ring you get from the horadric caches or whatever. Which will give me the better chance of getting the legendary (which to my understanding, doesnt drop within the Game, but only from the cache itself)

It's arguable. Quality vs quantity really, you can spend more time farming a better quality cache with a higher chance or you can get more opportunities by opening more lower chance caches. I'd say solo I'd run higher torments personally.

Edit: that being said, I have opened around 10 torment 2 caches and havnt gotten a ring.

I've gone 3 hours without a legendary on PC. Pretty sure the fail-safe is like 3.5 - 4 hours, unless they changed it recently.
You just have to do one of the main bosses like Belial or Diablo. They almost always drop legendarys.

During the normal game it really is random and as far as I've seen there is no way to change that. Almost during the entire 3rd act I had no good drops and then within the last hour of the act I basically exchanged my whole gear.

if it helps I'm a UK gaffer who bought from the US store and is playing perfectly fine on my UK id

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I read a response by I believe a dev in the official forums that said you have a much better chance at good stuff at T2+.

HORRORSHØW

great drops. terrible rolls.

Bv9XsyYCUAE4UWc.jpg:orig

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Not true, there's a fail safe system where you're absolutely going to get at least one legendary an hour. At least on PC.

The failsafe system does not work exclusively by time spent between drops.

Can confirm though that such a system does exist which makes a legendary drop a guarantee eventually.

It takes into account different play sessions as well so it's not reset each time a new game is started.

iratA

This game! This game just keeps on delivering. So excited... just found the most amazing Rift. Don't read if you don't want to spoil late game content but all I'm gonna say is:

UNICORNS, CUDDLY BEARS, FLOWERS & CUPCAKES

Anyone else seen this?!

I was like OMG :)

Lernaean

Banned
This game! This game just keeps on delivering. So excited... just found the most amazing Rift. Don't read if you don't want to spoil late game content but all I'm gonna say is:

Anyone else seen this?!

There is a 'staff of herding' that allows you to enter a map with all that.
The reason you got it in a rift is because rifts randomly place enemies each time, from the whole creature pool of the game.
My favorite, it has happened to me only once and no one believed me in game chat but i don't give a fuck, it's 100% truth:
I once entered a room in a rift with about 20 loot gobbos, i AoEd and slaughtered them all only to get no legendary, but man it was a spectacle.

Matriox

hmmm Is this game worth playing solo? Just single player? (p.s.Never played a diablo game)

I wouldn't say yes but the game play is fun enough I'd think so. The story isn't amazing or anything but group play is mostly where the fun is at. That being said I have been playing solo for I'd say 85% of my total playtime.

JP

Is there any way to upgrade how much you can carry while out on missions? I'm finding more and more that I'm having to manage my loot as I'm playing.

Anyone else seen this?!

i saw lol. i was playing it..running around like what....thee... heell is this lol.

Matriox

Is there any way to upgrade how much you can carry while out on missions? I'm finding more and more that I'm having to manage my loot as I'm playing.

You can upgrade your stash, no way to upgrade your inventory. Keep your crafting mats and gems in the stash imo, you can craft with that stuff in the stash and grab gems as you need them.

Jinjo

Loving my firemage, stuff just melts. Flash of insight + fire spectral blades + archon transformation just one-hits elites and unique enemies.

Gonna start a crusader now I finished my wizard story playthrough.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
yeah, I also just stop moving when you hear that horn.. fuck that guy :p

Had my first Nemesis encounter last night. Was caught by surprise and suffered my first death. Didn't realize there was a horn sound, I'll be paying more attention from now on.

You can upgrade your stash, no way to upgrade your inventory. Keep your crafting mats and gems in the stash imo, you can craft with that stuff in the stash and grab gems as you need them.

Speaking of which they should totally let you go to the gem lady and let you socket stuff without having to go to your stash, take stuff out, then craft, then put it back etc.

SeanTSC

Man, I keep missing the Nemesis Horn sound due to having my Effects volume turned way down, because of the absurd volume level of Character Attacks. They're a huge push over on Normal though and just fall over and die. Have only been playing on that due to starting a fresh Crusader out and wanting to just get the story my first time through on my PS4 version (I'm at Pandemonium now).

I had played through to the end of Inferno on the original PC release with a group of friends and we just blitzed through it all and I never went back and took in the story. I've been listening to all the dialog and trying to get all the journals and soak it all in this time. I've even been making sure to hear all the random little NPC conversations around the hub areas. There's really a ton of detail in it all and that adds immensely to the flavor of the game and draws you into the world.

Not sure how much I'll get into grinding since I did a ton of it on the PC way back when it first came out, but I sure am loving going through it again and taking my time on it instead of burning through it like I did. Helps that it feels like a completely different game (and really is with all the changes that have happened since I only played right at the original vanilla PC release).

And god, it's SO much more relaxing to play this game with a controller. It just feels so right.

The failsafe system does not work exclusively by time spent between drops.

Can confirm though that such a system does exist which makes a legendary drop a guarantee eventually.

It takes into account different play sessions as well so it's not reset each time a new game is started.

Ahh okay, it's been awhile so I was going off my hazy memory, thanks!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
To answer my own question about playing the PS4 version on an arcade stick...
It's is playable, but you have to switch to ds4 (log in) to access the menu and then switch again to the stick. Works if you're not checking stuff all the time, I guess.

Why would this game suddenly stop giving me legendary loot drops? Like, I've been playing on Expert and Master consistently and I was getting mad loot, but all of a sudden the decent drops came grinding to a halt.

Maybe it has something to do with the difficulties? I think I got a legendary from every yellow labeled enemy and most of the blue ones while playing on Expert. Then I hit lvl60 or something and changed to Master when it became available and absolutely no Legendary drops! When facing
Malthael
in the end Of Act V I had lvl61 yellow gear in every slot although I was lvl66. It was just a complete loot drought...took me 23 minutes to beat that bastard with my shitty gear. Then I started the Adventure mode and switched to Torment; boom Legendaries everywhere!

Stainless

So I'm probably really close to the end of the game...I am still really enjoying it. The graphics, gameplay, etc, are great, but some of the dialogue is good, too. I think the main story narrated by crusader is pretty flat, but a lot of the voicework is a nice touch. I did the Covetous Shen quest after reading his story, oh man, I know that voice, I loved that quest, probably one of my favorite in the game.

I have the Enchantress as my follower. I have her geared up fairly well imo, but she has some great comments, too, my favorite of which is when she says
"I like the soldiers of this keep, even though they are not very good at fighting." and how if you leave the controller idle for a few minutes she will say something like "I've only waited 1500 years for this, should I return to my slumber" (paraphrasing that one)

Wallach

So in my attempt tonight to try and further my MotE set, the game dropped all of the Raekor's set except boots. Even Kadala got in on it. It's not 2.1 turbocharged yet, but it's certainly a step up from my sad ass 2 piece MotE slop. Still hanging out in T1 while I chase RoRG, so it's more than enough to totally truck. I hit a 410-ish Massacre in the first T1 rift I tried it on because it was one of the 1-floor Southern Highlands layouts.

Top Bottom