• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Andrew.

Banned
building royal flawless emeralds has me scraping by with around 240k of gold- had ~4 million. still need to pass on a million to a random Gaffer in need- no more spending! haha

Yeah I knew there was something else that was burning my cash load and that was it: jewel crafting. Totally worth it but man, you fly through your wealth incredibly quickly.

Lernaean

Banned
So how is this game for a livelong diablo fan who bought D3 on day one and was deeply disappointed? Any improvements?

It's a different game, completely. And for the better.
If you are playing PC and you want company send me a pm.
Getting back home this Friday and i'll be on it most of the w/e.

You know, Nemesis are a real crapshoot, but wow do I love them.

Had one spawn last night, mid act 2. I was solo at the time, with a follower, and hadn't had much an issue with the previous ones i'd been getting. Set up some defenses as soon as I heard the horns, and thought things would be cool.

Hell came through that portal Gaf. The SOB had like seven heads under his name, a small army of player ghosts, and steamrolled me without contest. I feel sorry for whomever got that guy after me.

You know, Nemesis are a real crapshoot, but wow do I love them.

Had one spawn last night, mid act 2. I was solo at the time, with a follower, and hadn't had much an issue with the previous ones i'd been getting. Set up some defenses as soon as I heard the horns, and thought things would be cool.

Hell came through that portal Gaf. The SOB had like seven heads under his name, a small army of player ghosts, and steamrolled me without contest. I feel sorry for whomever got that guy after me.

I love this kind of shit.

Sounds good. Still haven't had my first experience.

npanciroli

Neo Member
The Nemesis system sounds great, can't wait to see one pop in my game. Also got a legendary mailed to me from a fellow gaffer!

I take forever to play so I'm a lower level than everyone on my friend list. Will I still be able to get Nemesis mobs or mail legendaries to people?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
We should get a trading thread going. I have a bunch of crap that I don't want/can't use on my crusader.

Andrew.

Banned
Ive only had one Nemesis experience and I didn't even know they could appear playing solo.

It appeared right after I killed Diablo. I defeated him, but damn I wasn't expecting that whatsoever.

WatTsu

Only up to level 15 with my Crusader (didn't have a save from PS3 to import) but I'm loving this class. I've got Shield Glare with the rune that causes blinded enemies to take more damage and Shield Bash with the multi-target rune. It clears out mobs pretty fast.

Quick question - is Shield Bash damage based on the armor class of the shield?

Trigonx

I am slowly building my way up through the torments. Can easily solo T3, gonna try t4 after a few more t3.

After getting that RoRG and getting a few set pieces for the 3 piece bonus is working wonders for me.

WizzNARD

Do people on your friends list need to have a linked battle.net account to receive mail? I was playing with a buddy last night and wanted to send him some gold, but he wasn't showing up in the mailbox. Thought maybe it was because we were in a game together, but even after he logged out he wasn't showing up. Anybody know?

Only up to level 15 with my Crusader (didn't have a save from PS3 to import) but I'm loving this class. I've got Shield Glare with the rune that causes blinded enemies to take more damage and Shield Bash with the multi-target rune. It clears out mobs pretty fast.

Quick question - is Shield Bash damage based on the armor class of the shield?
Shield bash does 700% of your weapon damage plus 300% of your shield's block chance.

I ended up starting a Crusader because the Wizard got a bit repetitive after a while (anybody got any tips for a Wizard build?) The Crusader is a blast to play, though.

-PXG-

So do all of you guys you Blessed Hammer as secondary? For primary I switch between Slash (Crush) and Justice (Crack).

filly

Funnily enough I've played Diablo 3 solo more than I have coop. I just find it really fun to play :)

Also, I'll be very interested to read folks thoughts about playing it on the Vita. That's another big appealing thing about the PS4 version for me.

I got a chance to do remote play last night. In general remote play is great and Diablo is no exception however there her is a few things they definitely can improve on with this.

1. The R2 button mapping is hit and miss and in a very strange place on the Vita (on the back in a spot that isn't indicated on any menu, so it take a lot of tapping to get to and you can lose that place quite easily). They definitely should take a page from destiny and map the R2 function to the front of the screen. This gave me a bit of a hand cramp.

2. Its clear that diablo is a busy game and the shift to consoles moved the camera in a bit. On the vita, everything seems especially small, up until now I didn't really appreciate exactly how much was going on screen until I tried playing on the vita. The text is especially small and the menu's are pretty hard to navigate due to this.

2. The drop to 30fps was pretty jarring, took me a good while to get over it. Its not like its a reaction heavy game so I'm surprised at how taken back by this I was.

In short the controls lack optimisation and the graphics could do with adjustment to cope with the Vita's screen. Its a shame because the really did seem like a killer app for remote play to me....

PuMa

So do all of you guys you Blessed Hammer as secondary? For primary I switch between Slash (Crush) and Justice (Crack).

I'm using Blessed Shield mostly as my secondary. Blessed Hammer just wasn't doing it for me. I use Justice as my main.

Jagxyz

I ended up starting a Crusader because the Wizard got a bit repetitive after a while (anybody got any tips for a Wizard build?) The Crusader is a blast to play, though.

What level did you get up to with your wizard? The character really started coming together for me after I got the elemental affinity passive at level 60 something. My current build is pretty sweet IMO, but it's for level 70.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UcNjTS!ceWR!YcZccY

tmtyf

Gaffers, should i get reaper of souls on pc (i have d3 on pc) or just say f it and get it on xbox? I heard console play is legit.

Syrus

Banned
Gaffers, should i get reaper of souls on pc (i have d3 on pc) or just say f it and get it on xbox? I heard console play is legit.
Its so good on console man. Love it much more then PC, that said my console is on 7.1 surround and 59 plasma :D

What level did you get up to with your wizard? The character really started coming together for me after I got the elemental affinity passive at level 60 something. My current build is pretty sweet IMO, but it's for level 70.

I didn't get that far. In the mid-30s with mine. I was probably just looking for an excuse to play other characters because they all seem so cool lol. I'll probably keep playing both characters.I enjoy playing as the Wizard even though I did feel that bit of repetitiveness. What skills do you use?

Edit: Never mind just saw it.

Jagxyz

I didn't get that far. In the mid-30s with mine. I was probably just looking for an excuse to play other characters because they all seem so cool lol. I'll probably keep playing both characters.I enjoy playing as the Wizard even though I did feel that bit of repetitiveness. What skills do you use?

Edit: Never mind just saw it.

For more builds, check out this reddit post. I found it really helpful -

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Wizards/comments/21uifw/new_wizard_builds_for_ros/

Omnicent

I just use blessed hammer thunder struck and punish roar. I do not have wrath issues (I can run without punish), but I like having roar proc when surrounded for the extra aoe damage.
Might drop it for Phalanx Bowmen today (after I do some 2.1 on PC).

Haybro

Every time I'm in the middle of a mob and I here that ominous nemesis horn:

bAbknWv.gif

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I used Blessed Hammer for a long time, but recently switched to Fist of the Heavens because I found a Darklight.

X-Frame

We should get a trading thread going. I have a bunch of crap that I don't want/can't use on my crusader.

Sounds like a good idea to me!

I'm a Level 53 Crusader, give or take a level. I'd graciously accept any item you're willing to mail. Thanks! PSN: X-Frame

Baliis

I just use blessed hammer thunder struck and punish roar. I do not have wrath issues (I can run without punish), but I like having roar proc when surrounded for the extra aoe damage.
Might drop it for Phalanx Bowmen today (after I do some 2.1 on PC).

I'm using the same set up, though I'm using limitless for the rune. I might drop punish though and pick up provoke for the wrath gen

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I just played through the entirety of Act 3 on Expert without using a single potion nor any strategy whatsoever than standing in one place and spamming all my Crusader abilities. Absolutely boring.

I'm done with this game now. I don't want to spend 3 more hours playing through all of Act 4 just I can get Blizzard to allow me play a harder difficulty.

How did they screw the ramping up this bad?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
If you mail an item, does the receiving player get that exact same item, or does it's stats increase if the receiving player is of a much higher level?

I'd love to mail stuff out to friends, but most other players are much further along than me. I'm only a level 20 wizard.

I'm surprised to see Crusaders not using Shield Bash. With a decent shield and the first rune, I'm decimating enemy packs much quicker than any of the other abilities I tried.

quest

Not Banned from OT

Blessed hammer is my primary. Provoke is just wrath generator and monster magnet. It lets me free up my other 4 slots for buffs and Consecration with the fire rune. It does good for the most part but stuck at T3 until I get better amulet and ring to get my elemental damage up. That or get the last 2 pieces of the class set.

Got my RoRG this morning less than a week so not to bad. Came at 560 bounties completed. Now if kadala would ever give me something useful.

Baliis

I'm surprised to see Crusaders not using Shield Bash. With a decent shield and the first rune, I'm decimating enemy packs much quicker than any of the other abilities I tried.

Shield bash is alright, but I don't like how it moves with the charge you do before hand. The aoe is bad on it too, with hammers I can just run and they'll kill the stuff I run past , or falling sword into a pack and just start spamming

Jagxyz

I just played through the entirety of Act 3 on Expert without using a single potion nor any strategy whatsoever than standing in one place and spamming all my Crusader abilities. Absolutely boring.

I'm done with this game now. I don't want to spend 3 more hours playing through all of Act 4 just I can get Blizzard to allow me play a harder difficulty.

How did they screw the ramping up this bad?

Join someone at the end of act 4. Beat the last boss and you'll unlock master mode, iirc.

Top Bottom