• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Why bother playing the game. 200 million gold pretty much takes away any restrictions from crafting gems. Taking it is like robbing yourself of an integral part of playing the game. At that point, why not find out how to hack perfect roll gear?
Spoken like someone who hasn't experienced end game 70. I spent billions, yes billions on enchants and such on PC over the course of time.

zou

last 5 drops were unique plans :/

why can't you salvage those for some souls, then they would at least be useful. best I can craft is lvl 60 garbage, why blizzard?

h3ro

It does effect your game when, in the higher torments, 50% of the games you join you can't do shit because some asshole with hacked rings and weapons is just steamrolling ahead of everyone killing everything instantly. It's not fun at all and it kills the game for other people, whether it bothers you personally or not.

I don't think anyone was requesting hacked weapons or duping any items. Some players have leveled up beyond the need of their current gear and were asking if anyone wanted it.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
last 5 drops were unique plans :/

why can't you salvage those for some souls, then they would at least be useful. best I can craft is lvl 60 garbage, why blizzard?
Once you have learned the plan it will never drop for you again, and FYI plans do not count against the legendary item drop failsafe system.

Tiops

Guys, please explain something to me:

Does this game have a Best in Slot list of equipments or I should just use whatever I find that is better than what I'm using right now?

And if there is are BiS equipments, is there any specific enemy/act that I should keep playing to get it or it's just random for all enemies at high levels?

I really don't understand how end game Diablo 3 works, so I just get lost there and don't know how to progress.

lmbotiva

If anyone has some extra gold they like to share I'll gladly accept it, I'm kinda broke and could use some help

PSN ID: devangeLL

Spoken like someone who hasn't experienced end game 70. I spent billions, yes billions on enchants and such on PC over the course of time.

Not really, I was just stating that it removes any hesitation to just go to town crafting gems with that much, not that it's a limitless pool of gold for any and all enchants/crafting forever.

Guys, please explain something to me:

Does this game have a Best in Slot list of equipments or I should just use whatever I find that is better than what I'm using right now?

And if there is are BiS equipments, is there any specific enemy/act that I should keep playing to get it or it's just random for all enemies at high levels?

I really don't understand how end game Diablo 3 works, so I just get lost there and don't know how to progress.
It really depends on your build. Some pieces of gear are must haves depending on what you're trying to do. For example, a pet build witch doctor needs mask of Jeram, and Tasker and Theo don't hurt, either

zou

Once you have learned the plan it will never drop for you again, and FYI plans do not count against the legendary item drop failsafe system.

plans would be useful if I could actually craft them. However some genius at blizzard decided it made sense to require legendary items to craft any lvl70 item.

JP

I've run into an issue with training Headrig Eamon. I got him to level 10 without any issues and I'v been salvaging the loot that I've been finding but to train him any further it states that I need 10,000 gold and 1 bottle of....something. It just has a picture of the bottle rather than saying what it is and he's been stuck at level 10 for hours now andI have no idea what the bottle is or where the hell I can get one from.

Can anybody help as I just seem to be completely stuck on him at level 10 at the moment? Not sure if it makes any difference but I'm a level 36 Crusader playing on Expert.

h3ro

I've run into an issue with training Headrig Eamon. I got him to level 10 without any issues and I'v been salvaging the loot that I've been finding but to train him any further it states that I need 10,000 gold and 1 bottle of....something. It just has a picture of the bottle rather than saying what it is and he's been stuck at level 10 for hours now andI have no idea what the bottle is or where the hell I can get one from.

Can anybody help as I just seem to be completely stuck on him at level 10 at the moment? Not sure if it makes any difference but I'm a level 36 Crusader playing on Expert.
I believe you have to finish Act IV first to unlock further progress.

Tiops

It really depends on your build. Some pieces of gear are must haves depending on what you're trying to do. For example, a pet build witch doctor needs mask of Jeram, and Tasker and Theo don't hurt, either
And is there some site that I can find that kind of information or is it just forum discussion?

Thanks for the help!

Shit this game will destroy mine and my girlfriend's lives lol. We're both around lvl 16 and still in act I and have played maybe 8-10 hrs... how long is this campaign if you explore as much as you can? (go easy on us Diablo virgins here)

Jagxyz

Whaaaaaaat, I thought we couldn't get legendaries for other classes? Just got a DH legendary cloak from a horardic cache.

hbQhR7c.jpg

-PXG-

Any level 70, PS4 crusader who has legendary gear you don't want, pleaaaaaaase, send my way. RNGesus hates me with a passion

PXG_S3

I'll gladly do Rift runs too tonight with other Diabros. T2 and T3 are manageable. T4 starts to get stupid.

Admodieus

Whaaaaaaat, I thought we couldn't get legendaries for other classes? Just got a DH legendary cloak from a horardic cache.

Caches have fixed legendaries, so in the case of ones that have DH items, you have a chance of getting those DH legendaries even with other classes.

So for some reason the preload timer is back on diablo counting down from 13 days on my ps4 and I can't play anymore. Anyone ever had this happen to them?

And is there some site that I can find that kind of information or is it just forum discussion?

Thanks for the help!
One of your best bets would be to post what you're trying to do with your character here. Lots of people who are happy to help. Another place is the character specific boards on diablo3.com, as they'll generally have threads asking the same questions. I'm not sure that there's a site with that kind of information though, as there are tons of builds out there.

LkPr

I believe you have to finish Act IV first to unlock further progress.

I have the same question! Except I have finished Act IV and I still need that bottle of, something. Does anyone know what it actually is that is required for the level 11 upgrade? Note, I have just started Act V and do not even have access to the mystic yet.

Are rifts or bounties better for getting 61+ Legendaries? I don't care about the quality, I just need to salvage them for mats. I'm doing both anyway.

Atkison04

I hope ya'll don't mind, but I've jotted down all the PSN gamertags over the past few pages so I can send some friend requests later on. I need some more Diablo friends for nemesis/gifting. If you see the7thAssassin, it's me.

Daigoro

I can't believe this game has the same exact stat glitch that the vanilla 360 version did. I was just tabbing in and out of the menu and watching as my attack stat went up 10k every time. Wtf?!

Does the ps3/4 have the same bug?

Annoying!

So dupes and hacks are in? To what extent? Does the PC version have those too?

As far as I'm aware, there's no duping or hacking on the PC version. Regarding console:

Anything that was hacked into the PS3 version can be brought into the PS4 version, mostly a couple hacked rings (if you see any ring called Black Prize or White Prize with 3 sockets, it's hacked), I've seen a lot of hacked three-slot weapons (lots of Azurewrath), and I've seen a few amulets. I'm sure there's more. Duping is painfully easy in UEE which is one reason these are getting around so much more.

I really wish the gifting system was the only way to trade in this game. I don't blame Bungie for deciding to block trades in Destiny at all. It will be a better game for it.

madp0k

Thanks to all of Diablo GAF for the presents, got some great stuff as a Diablo noob, it helps alot when trying out what works best, I do wish someone could write down an index to all the shorthand/code you all speak though, I understand around 1/8 th of this thread lol

I actually have a DH that I was levelling, so I'm gonna keep it :p
Thanks for the offer though!

ah- so you do have the character it was meant for :)

shucks haha

I think the game knows you have certain characters- I also started finding WIZ stuff in Horadric Cubes when Using my 70 DH

If anyone feels like joining my I'm a lvl 42 demon hunter currently going through Act V. davidbloop is PSN. On expert, just trying to finish the game and level.

Also streaming on http://www.twitch.tv/davidbloop - quality won't be great though I'm an Aussie and our internet is made from sticks and scotch tape

My wizard just dinged 45, and since the GF is at work, I decided to do a little min-maxing.

I just found an item that gives "+15% Cold skill damage." Does that affect Cold Blooded, and if so, how? Like, does it increase the damage bonus to 11.5%, or 25%, or does it stay at 10%, and only active skills like Blizzard, Frost Nova, and Glacial Spike are affected?

I'm only level 14, demon hunter, but I can't imagine it getting better than rapid fire just lacing through every single damn thing on the way to (and including) the skeleton kind. But I'm assuming it does.
:)

Respect

Thanks for all the legendary gifts Gaffers :)

I know the game forces you to send them to me, but appreciated nonetheless!

Got the same item on my monk, I think it was from the cache too. Unfortunate, since I will probably never play a DH...guess it is good for the mats at least. (In my case)

splattered

Thanks for all the legendary gifts Gaffers :)

I know the game forces you to send them to me, but appreciated nonetheless!

Got the same item on my monk, I think it was from the cache too. Unfortunate, since I will probably never play a DH...guess it is good for the mats at least. (In my case)

If either of you wanna share the wealth I'm running a DH right now and would appreciate a cloak :p

I added all of the XBL users in the friends list builder thread early yesterday but I still have yet to receive a single gift. I've already received some legendaries for people and sent them out :/

WizzNARD

So the friend I do game sharing with started playing. He loves the game so far, but doesn't have a lot of experience with RPGs so some of the item stuff is confusing him (as far as what to equip and what not). I tried explaining best I could, but does anyone have any suggestions for an EASY way to explain it? Like I said he's not really into RPGs so the inventory screen seems a little daunting for him.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I have the same question! Except I have finished Act IV and I still need that bottle of, something. Does anyone know what it actually is that is required for the level 11 upgrade? Note, I have just started Act V and do not even have access to the mystic yet.
Deaths Breath only drops from elites when reaching level 60+. Chance increases with difficulty.

Respect

If either of you wanna share the wealth I'm running a DH right now and would appreciate a cloak :p

I added all of the XBL users in the friends list builder thread early yesterday but I still have yet to receive a single gift. I've already received some legendaries for people and sent them out :/

Sorry buddy, PSN here.

If someone else wants it who is on PS4, let me know, I can send it over.

X-Frame

What are some fun & effective Level 70 Crusader builds that are not gear dependent?

When searching for guides or builds on YouTube all I find are ones that revolve around specific gear. Thanks!

Raxious

I don't know if the guy who added me to that GAF nation group on PSN was from this topic, but if he was consider yourself kicked of my FL ;) You almost got me killed on Azmodan HC.

Top Bottom