• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Petrie

Banned
I can craft anyone anything from the blacksmith and I can add any Flawless Gem to it (your choice).

A random guy paid it forward to me and I now have a decent amount of flawless gems and crafting material.

So I'm looking to pay it forward to my fellow gaffers.

It's just me and my youngest today so I'll be on and off on Gaf and in Diablo depending how she's behaving.

PSN Frost-Fiend

PM sent!

I wouldn't go that far, but I do like to play self found.

There's just no telling what has been duped.

So item duping is actually a thing?

Look I don't want this is to turn into rights and wrongs of whatever. The one time I wanted to try and do something nice I find out there's a cheat(?) out there and I look like I take part of it.

I'll withdraw my offer to craft whatever was requested and go back to see if I can edit that post.

Petrie

Banned

Look I don't want this is to turn into rights and wrongs of whatever. The one time I wanted to try and do something nice I find out there's a cheat(?) out there and I look like I take part of it.

I'll withdraw my offer to craft whatever was requested and go back to see if I can edit that post.

Well this is sad.

Oh well.

People ruin everything.

Hacked/duped items were rampant on previous Gen.

Blizzard said they put in measures to combat the hacked items, but not sure if anyone has found a way to dupe on the new Gen

I just played through the entirety of Act 3 on Expert without using a single potion nor any strategy whatsoever than standing in one place and spamming all my Crusader abilities. Absolutely boring.

I'm done with this game now. I don't want to spend 3 more hours playing through all of Act 4 just I can get Blizzard to allow me play a harder difficulty.

How did they screw the ramping up this bad?

Sounds like you're not at Expert efficiency yet. Why don't you drop down to Hard or Normal and get through the rest of the story quicker? If you're chilling at mobs whittling down their HP slowly, you need to drop difficulty. Of course it's boring as shit for you.

I see this complaint quite often, the whole "difficulty curve" being too screwed up. It's less a difficulty level and more a gear check threshold. Play it at the right setting for the character. Not so easy that you blaze through, but not so tough that you're just standing there looking at HP bars slowly drain.

Just battled my first nemesis (who killed Nyghtcrawler - which is someone on here). Pretty tough and we ended up killing each other. Still managed to get the spoils though, so whoever you are crawler expect a goodie.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Sweet, thanks.

Edit: just built it. What exactly is so special about using these? The resist all elements?

Ooh, a wrath of the bone king just dropped. Seems bad ass.

The 25% resource restore when picking up health globes. Also it can roll very nice stats like min are element damge, crit chance, str and vitality.

The 25% resource restore when picking up health globes. Also it can roll very nice stats like min are element damge, crit chance, str and vitality.

Just one more thing then. The stats for mine are:

+16% cold skill
418 strength
428 vitality
99 resist all elements

Health gloves restore 29% of primary resource

Any I should reroll in your opinion? Also what is primary resource? It just means health?

After checking the diablofans page for best crusader gear, I can't believe how much of the top gear I already own. Crazy. Just need to find a decent weapon and shield now.

+16% cold skill
418 strength
428 vitality
99 resist all elements

Any I should reroll in your opinion? Also what is primary resource? It just means health?

After checking the diablofans page for best crusader gear, I can't believe how much of the top gear I already own. Crazy. Just need to find a decent weapon and shield now.

No probably spirit/mana/hatred or whatever controls your skill usage.

quest

Not Banned from OT

+16% cold skill
418 strength
428 vitality
99 resist all elements

I would reroll the resists to crit chance if you use cold spells. If not they are not worth spending the souls to reroll. Be better off using those soles for pair with +element you use with strength and if real lucky crit hit chance then not have to reroll to get it.. Wrath for crusader, hate for demon hunter ect are primary resources.

No probably spirit/mana/hatred or whatever controls your skill usage.

I would reroll the resists to crit chance if you use cold spells. If not they are not worth spending the souls to reroll. Be better off using those soles for pair with +element you use with strength and if real lucky crit hit chance then not have to reroll to get it.. Wrath for crusader, hate for demon hunter ect are primary resources.

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I'll do as advised.

h3ro

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#USfQlY!ZWg!ZYbZZb

This is my current build with a Level 52-53 Crusader. Nothing spectacular gear-wise, some mid-40's Legendary stuff mixed in with high-40's yellow level loot with a mix of Lightning and Holy damage buffs, not focused on one type. I have a good Crit Hit Damage buff on my weapon along with a 45% increase in damage from an emerald gem.

Any recommendations on how to improve it?

I was thinking of removing Heaven's Fury and adding on something like Blessed Hammer to do immediate damage when I get swarmed. The low Wrath requirement of BH is nice.

Vire

Anyone want to trade some gems? I really need some Topaz, I have a bunch of emerald, diamond, ruby and amethyst to trade.

PSN name: audioandy

nubbe

keep getting the same set parts... rng hates me

g6uk9mo.jpg

Surge

I've come to the conclusion that there's no way I'm getting through HC mode without getting my ass kicked, even on normal difficulty I'm just not good enough at the game.

Still having a ton of fun playing with the monk right now and going to be rolling with a crusader next.

MrMuscle

Having a blast playing this on the PS4, but the 2.1 patch coming to PC tomorrow might get me to return to that again. Greater rifts sounds like fun. Here's to hoping that the console version wont have to wait that long for the update.

cakely

Noob console question: I know I picked up some green blacksmith plans but I'm still in Act III on my first expert playthrough.

I don't see them in my blacksmith, I'm assuming they'll appear when I unlock his higher levels? He's only level 10 at the moment.

Noob console question: I know I picked up some green blacksmith plans but I'm still in Act III on my first expert playthrough.

I don't see them in my blacksmith, I'm assuming they'll appear when I unlock his higher levels? He's only level 10 at the moment.

that is correct

LkPr

There may be 2 other things - one check your filter. It might be set to "have materials" or something like that. Also I noticed in my game that I have picked up a set green set plans but when I learn them they are like lvl 15, so in order to actually see them I have to scroll down the list (or armors for example) to actually see that set item, because at lvl 10 blacksmith you should be able to create lots of higher level gear and all of the items are in order of levels, highest to lowest

Arttemis

I see this complaint quite often, the whole "difficulty curve" being too screwed up. It's less a difficulty level and more a gear check threshold. Play it at the right setting for the character. Not so easy that you blaze through, but not so tough that you're just standing there looking at HP bars slowly drain.

It's a symptom of bad design. They wanted to throw constantly bigger numbers at players, as if the genre isn't fun unless you see more yellow numerals flying across the screen... That exponential itemization caused these kinds of gaps in balance.

Raxious

What, you wanted to win as well Tune? You know what, seeing as we always had a lot of fun during RoS on PC, how about you tell me your PSN as well and I'll send you something too ;)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
What, you wanted to win as well Tune? You know what, seeing as we always had a lot of fun during RoS on PC, how about you tell me your PSN as well and I'll send you something too ;)
Hehe all good fun. It's Tunesmith- with the hyphen at the end if you're generous.

No illwill super-famicom. :)

This thread and the insane generosity is almost as much fun as the game...

Why bother playing the game. 200 million gold pretty much takes away any restrictions from crafting gems. Taking it is like robbing yourself of an integral part of playing the game. At that point, why not find out how to hack perfect roll gear?

h3ro

Why bother playing the game. 200 million gold pretty much takes away any restrictions from crafting gems. Taking it is like robbing yourself of an integral part of playing the game. At that point, why not find out how to hack perfect roll gear?

No one is duping you stuff. No one is giving you gold.

Play the game the way you want, no one is preventing you from doing so. I'm having too much fun to be worried about some "integral part" that will be missing.

Korosenai

The feels when you get the two legendary wepaons that you wanted and needed, back to back, and they both have awful stats and lower your damage by 60k.

The feels when you get the two legendary wepaons that you wanted and needed, back to back, and they both have awful stats and lower your damage by 60k.

My Hellskull shield did that to my armour. May reroll but I'm still not 100% sure on what to aim for all things considered.

I really need a better weapon though. I have the Bone King mace but my DPS is only 240k.

Raxious

PSN: hi-fi_famicom

Hehe all good fun. It's Tunesmith- with the hyphen at the end if you're generous.

No illwill super-famicom. :)

You both got a friend request ;)

Also, you're gonna need a shit ton of gold if u wanna craft the proper gems for your classes and to reroll stats at the mystic. Also, I'm not forcing anyone to accept it.

Anyway, just got into Act 3 on Hardcore, I'm getting there :D

Play the game the way you want, no one is preventing you from doing so. I'm having too much fun to be worried about some "integral part" that will be missing.

It does effect your game when, in the higher torments, 50% of the games you join you can't do shit because some asshole with duped hacked rings and weapons is just steamrolling ahead of everyone killing everything instantly. It's not fun at all and it kills the game for other people, whether it bothers you personally or not. It's a widespread issue on console that needs fixing or it's going to kill the endgame before long.

It's just interesting. I'm trying to think of an equivalent of taking handouts in the context of other types of video games, as Diablo is about min/maxing based on found loot. Aimbot? Gameshark?

Also, you're gonna need a shit ton of gold if u wanna craft the proper gems for your classes and to reroll stats at the mystic. Also, I'm not forcing anyone to accept it.

heh, I know. I'm always needing more gold.

Top Bottom