• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

What are some fun & effective Level 70 Crusader builds that are not gear dependent?

When searching for guides or builds on YouTube all I find are ones that revolve around specific gear. Thanks!
I think all the builds are dependent on gear to some degree or another, at least to be maximally effective.

Kiyo

I don't know if the guy who added me to that GAF nation group on PSN was from this topic, but if he was consider yourself kicked of my FL ;) You almost got me killed on Azmodan HC.

Yea, that was annoying. Did make me realize that the PS4 needs a Group Message notification toggle. I'm lucky I wasn't doing anything important on my HC guy.

What are some fun & effective Level 70 Crusader builds that are not gear dependent?

When searching for guides or builds on YouTube all I find are ones that revolve around specific gear. Thanks!

I asked the same sort of question, and Grimlock was able to help me out. I'm using some pretty meh gear (mostly yellows other than my weapon) and I'm rolling with 800k attack, 6000k toughness, and 21.7k health stat.

Grimløck;126731051 said:
this is my build:

primary: justice (crack)
secondary: blessed shield (shattering throw)
heaven's fury (ascendancy)
phalanx (bowmen)
law of hope (wings of angel)
akarat's champion (rally)
passives: holy cause; wrathful; heavenly strength; towering shield

my stats:
BvvrN2ECcAAxQ8m.jpg:large

this is enough to solo torment 3 comfortably with so-so gear.

PrimeRib_

Is the general consensus that while in hardcore mode, only travel with companions (and their internet reliability) you trust.

Because I'm only level 38 and already, I can't imagine losing my hardcore character, especially to incompetence or worse, griefers.

This is probably a really dumb question, but I've been playing the game in a bubble for the past week...

What do you spend your gold on? I've upgraded the smith, jeweler and mystic, but I don't see the point in buying any weapons (all of my best stuff has come from presents from other players). I salvage practically everything I pick up and have a lot of raw materials--what do I do with all this junk?

This is probably a really dumb question, but I've been playing the game in a bubble for the past week...

What do you spend your gold on? I've upgraded the smith, jeweler and mystic, but I don't see the point in buying any weapons (all of my best stuff has come from presents from other players). I salvage practically everything I pick up and have a lot of raw materials--what do I do with all this junk?
You will unlock higher tier gems and the mystic, two things that can potentially cost you billions of gold as you go on.

Raxious

You'll be spending the gold on getting the highest grade gems, enchanting your gear to get the best stats. You'll also be crafting the end game plans that will drop eventually.

Spoken like someone who hasn't experienced end game 70. I spent billions, yes billions on enchants and such on PC over the course of time.

Pretty much, I went from 240M to around 84M, mainly from enchants and Jewels.

It's a terrible opinion. You can play that way if you like, but don't ruin it for others. Rifting it Forward, etc is no different.

You'll be spending the gold on getting the highest grade gems, enchanting your gear to get the best stats. You'll also be crafting the end game plans that will drop eventually.

Only a few of these, really. Auglids is a must.

benjammin

So the friend I do game sharing with started playing. He loves the game so far, but doesn't have a lot of experience with RPGs so some of the item stuff is confusing him (as far as what to equip and what not). I tried explaining best I could, but does anyone have any suggestions for an EASY way to explain it? Like I said he's not really into RPGs so the inventory screen seems a little daunting for him.

My wife was/is overwhelmed as well. I just told her that if it has more green arrows than red arrows then it's probably better, if it has the same number of each then you should probably compare the stats to see which you prefer. It's a very basic explanation that isn't particularly accurate, but it helped her and she is at the point now where she's comparing everything regardless of what the arrows show.

My wizard just dinged 45, and since the GF is at work, I decided to do a little min-maxing.

I just found an item that gives "+15% Cold skill damage." Does that affect Cold Blooded, and if so, how? Like, does it increase the damage bonus to 11.5%, or 25%, or does it stay at 10%, and only active skills like Blizzard, Frost Nova, and Glacial Spike are affected?
Apparently elemental skill damage only affects skills described as "x% weapon damage," and then they multiply from there. So if your skill is labeled as 150% weapon damage, a 10% elemental boost will give you a 1.5 * 1.1 = 165% weapon damage attack.

As such, Cold Blooded isn't affected by Cold skill damage bonuses, as it's not expressed directly in terms of weapon damage. Similarly, Frost Nova would be unaffected, unless equipped with the Frozen Mist rune.

WizzNARD

My wife was/is overwhelmed as well. I just told her that if it has more green arrows than red arrows then it's probably better, if it has the same number of each then you should probably compare the stats to see which you prefer. It's a very basic explanation that isn't particularly accurate, but it helped her and she is at the point now where she's comparing everything regardless of what the arrows show.

Thanks! That's pretty much what I told him, though I'm not sure if he "gets" comparing so much yet. My main concern with just telling him to go with green was that it'd come back and bite him once he got to end game. But I figure that has to be a halfway decent way to do it.

Taz

So I now have 282k DPS and 8337k armour. Is that high enough for T1 and rifts?

Im Seeing this a lot in the thread, Blizzard does a terrible job of showing you how to progress your gear so I'll give people a hand.

Ignore any gear you get before level 70, this is a big thing , IGNORE BLIZZARD IN GAME GREEN AND RED ARROWS!!!

They suck and often make you sell/salvage upgrades. Now we have that out the way lets start with your first gear set, I recommend running bountys on normal in act 1 , this gets you rift frags and a chance at RoRG, now for the gear,

These are the stats you wanna look at for gear,

Rings,

Main stat (str/dex/int)
Crit chance
Crit damage
Your stat of choice

Amulet,

Main stat
Crit chance
Crit damage
Stat of your choice

Helm,

Main stat
Vit
Crit chance
Socket or all res

Bracers ,

Main stat
Vit
Crit chance
Ele dmg or all res/armour

Legs and chest and shoulder and Belt,

Main stat
Vit
All res/armour
2 sockets for legs
3 sockets for chest

Weapons,

Main stat
Socket (ALWAYS SOCKET YOUR WEAPON!(Emerald)

Following these items in just yellows you should be looking at around 400-600k damage and torment 1 will be face roll and it's a good base for you to move to the next level of gear.

Always remember that if you find gear with one stat missing you can use the mystic to add the other, running bountys on normal you should complete the set in a few hours.

Im Seeing this a lot in the thread, Blizzard does a terrible job of showing you how to progress your gear so I'll give people a hand.

Ignore any gear you get before level 70, this is a big thing , IGNORE BLIZZARD IN GAME GREEN AND RED ARROWS!!!

They suck and often make you sell/salvage upgrades. Now we have that out the way lets start with your first gear set, I recommend running bountys on normal in act 1 , this gets you rift frags and a chance at RoRG, now for the gear,

Rings,

Main stat (str/dex/int)
Crit chance
Crit damage
Your stat of choice

Amulet,

Main stat
Crit chance
Crit damage
Stat of your choice

Bracers ,

Main stat
Vit
Crit chance

Main stat
Vit
All res/armour
2 sockets for legs
3 sockets for chest

Weapons,

Main stat

Following these items in just yellows you should be looking at around 400-600k damage and torment 1 will be face roll and it's a good base for you to move to the next level of gear.

Always remember that if you find gear with one stat missing you can use the mystic to add the other, running bountys on normal you should complete the set in a few hours.
I love this post

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
So i just got some magefist's. Fire skills deal 16% more damage. Now does this reflect in the DPS number shown? Somewhere in the char info there now is a new line with "Fire damage bonus: 340.000", my DPS is at 350.000... so what is my actual DPS? It also looks like my DPS number does not change, no matter what skills i use (with fire or not).

:/ ???

Rings,

Main stat (str/dex/int)
Crit chance
Crit damage
Your stat of choice

Amulet,

Main stat
Crit chance
Crit damage
Stat of your choice

Helm,

Main stat
Vit
Crit chance
Socket or all res

Bracers ,

Main stat
Vit
Crit chance

Main stat
Vit
All res/armour
2 sockets for legs
3 sockets for chest

Weapons,

Main stat

Quoted for later reference. Thanks!

abundant

Just crafted the Asheara's Custodian set and its set bonus essentially allows me to use all three followers at the same time. Together with my pets, I'm rarely in danger on Torment I.

Codiox

Shit this game will destroy mine and my girlfriend's lives lol. We're both around lvl 16 and still in act I and have played maybe 8-10 hrs... how long is this campaign if you explore as much as you can? (go easy on us Diablo virgins here)

Same here, we played all the weekend till lvl 50 and act IV. We are Newcomers aswell. Add me and maybe we can play together with the girls lol

PSN: C0D10X

Anyone level 70 interested in trying to get together for 4-man normal Act1 bounty splitting to farm for that set piece lowering ring? I'd be down to do this tonight, in about 3-4 hours, pretty flexible after that.

PM me if you're interested (easier to organize and won't clog up the thread) and I'll try to add and get people together tonight.

Your gear doesn't matter as long as you can solo a single bounty on normal (we'd usually save the boss as the fifth to do as a group).

Andrew.

Banned
I'm up to level 42 and I can't figure out how to give followers weapons and items. Can you give them weapons?

If you have any weapons in your inventory that they can use, they will be shown when you highlight the sword icon on the wheel in the Follower section. Just click on it and it will be equipped on them.

Matchew

Ya.

Go to the "follower" tab in the character main menu.

Not saying my channel is good, but I'm currently doing a hardcore run with a Crusader. Part 3 of the playthrough will be up soon.

YouTube: earvcunanan

I get that but how do I give weapons from my inventory into theirs?

Top Bottom