• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

I get that but how do I give weapons from my inventory into theirs?

You asking how to equip your followers? Port to town. Talk to the follower. Look at their gear. Open the screen with your gear as well. Drag and drop.

Edit: Mmm. I forgot the context of this being on console. It may very well differ.

Baliis

Oh crap, my bad. Got XP mixed up with magic find. I thought MF got boosted with higher difficulties.

Certain companions can only equip certain weapons from your inventory, like the Templar can equip shields and 1H swords.

You do, but only for each torment level

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
It does in actV. Difficulty tends to depend on gear quality though. If you luck out, things can get real easy for a while before getting tougher as you level up. Until you hit that RNG jackpot again.

There's no meaningful story for any of the followers, although you'll lose the stats (including any XP boost gear) obviously.

Thanks guys. Lots of orange gear and just found an axe with 30% more damage.

HULK SMASH!

hydruxo

Im Seeing this a lot in the thread, Blizzard does a terrible job of showing you how to progress your gear so I'll give people a hand.

Ignore any gear you get before level 70, this is a big thing , IGNORE BLIZZARD IN GAME GREEN AND RED ARROWS!!!

They suck and often make you sell/salvage upgrades. Now we have that out the way lets start with your first gear set, I recommend running bountys on normal in act 1 , this gets you rift frags and a chance at RoRG, now for the gear,

These are the stats you wanna look at for gear,

Rings,

Main stat (str/dex/int)
Crit chance
Crit damage
Your stat of choice

Amulet,

Main stat
Crit chance
Crit damage
Stat of your choice

Helm,

Main stat
Vit
Crit chance
Socket or all res

Bracers ,

Main stat
Vit
Crit chance
Ele dmg or all res/armour

Legs and chest and shoulder and Belt,

Main stat
Vit
All res/armour
2 sockets for legs
3 sockets for chest

Weapons,

Main stat
Socket (ALWAYS SOCKET YOUR WEAPON!(Emerald)

Following these items in just yellows you should be looking at around 400-600k damage and torment 1 will be face roll and it's a good base for you to move to the next level of gear.

Always remember that if you find gear with one stat missing you can use the mystic to add the other, running bountys on normal you should complete the set in a few hours.

This is probably the most helpful post I've seen in this thread. Thanks man. I'm lvl 70 paragon 28 but I still get confused by the green/red arrows and affixes. Good to know exactly what to look for.

Fist of heaven retribution Rune, Did they ever patch the collision detection on this?
i feel like 35% of the time the damaging part happens behind the target, and it gets caught in all sorts of invisible wall nonsense, was this ever patched in any of the PC patches? which one? I had to switch to the fire rune , thought twice as powerful, is just not as "fun" as heaven's Hadoken.

george_us

At the rate I'm going, my Destiny preorder might get cancelled. Feels like D3 could last me for awhile. Only other game I feel like I NEED at this point is Bayonetta 2.

Haines

Banned
Never did like that on top of the castle in part 3. It just looks ugly and stuff.

Got a weapon that summoned a herd of murderous cows but quickly found a better weapon ah well.

Got our DMG wayyy up and now killing loot goblins with ease.

Im Seeing this a lot in the thread, Blizzard does a terrible job of showing you how to progress your gear so I'll give people a hand.
Nice post. Thanks. <3

Ignore any gear you get before level 70
Meaning what, exactly? I assume I should at least collect my drops and pick upgrades from there? Are you saying I shouldn't waste resources buying and crafting gear until I hit 70? Won't better gear help me get there faster, or will the nickels I'm spending now cause me to be unable to afford stuff I really need later? Can't I just spend two minutes grinding at 70 to earn back the million bucks I wasted dinking around with my gear 1-69?

Vit
Vit
Vit
Why is Vit so important, and does it really matter where it's slotted?

Emerald? I've been using Ruby. Doesn't increasing your base damage effectively increase your critical damage as well? Is the increased crit damage from Emerald so significant it outweighs all the damage done by increasing your damage for every swing?

*nice offer to pay a good dead forward through the ingame crafting system*

See, to me, this isn't that far removed from item duping.

I wouldn't go that far, but I do like to play self found.

There's just no telling what has been duped.

It rings of when I would join a PSO game and someone would toss a bunch of red boxes on the ground. Was that 'paying it forward'? In the end it's just stuff for free that came from somewhere.

So item duping is actually a thing?

Look I don't want this is to turn into rights and wrongs of whatever. The one time I wanted to try and do something nice I find out there's a cheat(?) out there and I look like I take part of it.

I'll withdraw my offer to craft whatever was requested and go back to see if I can edit that post.

Well this is sad.

Oh well.

People ruin everything.

pretty much, so much hate.
"I had to spend so and so hours getting some piece of equipment in a videogame so you should too, if you don't you're evil"

eh, it is what it is.

Woorloog

Banned
Lvl 70 Crusader, Act V finished (was disappointed at no proper ending CGI).
I need a weapon, a good one handed weapon that is level 70 for my build (anything that's better than my lvl 61 Justinian's Mercy). Sort of shield-based Crusader. I have a lot of regen and toughness (2.something million) but damage is less 150k...

Ah, well, now i need to level a barbarian for local co-op games (other are around 30). And then... well, dunno. A bit of Wizard for a change.

EDIT duh, why don't i craft something...
EDIT ah, yes, no crafting mats...

One more question, can 2 people on the same console play with others online? And if so I'm guessing both accounts have to be a ps+ account. If that's the case I might swap to the Xbox one version since all accounts on the console are live gold accounts.

Meaning what, exactly? I assume I should at least collect my drops and pick upgrades from there? Are you saying I shouldn't waste resources buying and crafting gear until I hit 70? Won't better gear help me get there faster, or will the nickels I'm spending now cause me to be unable to afford stuff I really need later? Can't I just spend two minutes grinding at 70 to earn back the million bucks I wasted dinking around with my gear 1-69?

Even on Expert, the game is rediculously easy (with the exception of the end of Act 5). Just keep your weapon current and quick-equip clear upgrades if you see them. Obviously don't flat out ignore gear until 70 but min-maxing before then is an unnecessary time-sink.

Vit gets you that HP, man! The peices he mentions Vit are ones that can support it plus your main stat (other armor slots can only get you one primary stat).

Emerald? I've been using Ruby. Doesn't increasing your base damage effectively increase your critical damage as well? Is the increased crit damage from Emerald so significant it outweighs all the damage done by increasing your damage for every swing?

Think of Crit as a multiplier and Base Damage as addition. Focusing on crit chance/crit damage exponentially increases your damage.

Riptwo

One more question, can 2 people on the same console play with others online? And if so I'm guessing both accounts have to be a ps+ account. If that's the case I might swap to the Xbox one version since all accounts on the console are live gold accounts.
Works for me! My girlfriend and I have played local co-op with a friend who joined online. I have a PS+ account and she doesn't.

Taz

Nice post. Thanks. <3

Using gold on items before 70 is fine but don't go ham and spend time crafting / enchanting etc.... Because you'll replace it all in a few hours after getting 70

Emerald out classes ruby when your crit get high it's been tested by many people,

because rings/gloves/amulets are dps slots , eg your looking for trifecta crit dmg/crit chance/ attk spd or cool down reduction or elemental dmg

You need to pick up vit and damage reduction on the other slots.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Just did a chapter full of bounties. Game is better than ever!

Late game, high paragon crusaders: What should I spend my paragon points on for late game success?

Just did a chapter full of bounties. Game is better than ever!

Late game, high paragon crusaders: What should I spend my paragon points on for late game success?

I'm pretty sure every class focuses on damage where applicable (your main stat [strength], crit chance, Life on Hit). I just went for pure HP in the defense category.

Even on Expert, the game is rediculously easy (with the exception of the end of Act 5). Just keep your weapon current and quick-equip clear upgrades if you see them. Obviously don't flat out ignore gear until 70 but min-maxing before then is an unnecessary time-sink.
Hmm. I guess I'll try to be a little less obsessive than I normally would be. lol

Vit gets you that HP, man! The peices he mentions Vit are ones that can support it plus your main stat (other armor slots can only get you one primary stat).
Ah. My wiz has a little vit, but my GF's barbie takes most of the damage anyway, so I mostly focus on attack-up. We're only playing on Normal though, having just upgraded from vanilla D3, and I was thinking we should bump it up a notch or two.

Think of Crit as a multiplier and Base Damage as addition. Focusing on crit chance/crit damage exponentially increases your damage.
Well, okay, but let's say my unslotted weapon damage is 72-128. A perfect ruby bumps that to 90-146 and takes my Attack (listed under my dude's pic) from 3667 to 4209.

Is guess what I don't know is how crit damage is calculated. Is increasing my crit damage by 30% better than increasing all of my damage by 15% overall? I know the crit damage is a multiplier, but it's multiplying the base damage, right? So it seems like increasing base would increase all attacks including crits, but increasing crit only helps crits. Do crits just outweigh normal attacks to such an extent they're the only attacks that even matter? How often should I be critting, and how do I determine that?

Err, I guess this is all the stuff I'm supposed to ignore until I hit 70, isn't it? lol

blackflag

Ignore any gear you get before level 70, this is a big thing , IGNORE BLIZZARD IN GAME GREEN AND RED ARROWS!!!

They suck and often make you sell/salvage upgrades. Now we have that out the way lets start with your first gear set, I recommend running bountys on normal in act 1 , this gets you rift frags and a chance at RoRG, now for the gear,

These are the stats you wanna look at for gear,

Rings,

Main stat (str/dex/int)
Crit chance
Crit damage
Your stat of choice

Amulet,

Main stat
Crit chance
Crit damage
Stat of your choice

Helm,

Main stat
Vit
Crit chance
Socket or all res

Bracers ,

Main stat
Vit
Crit chance
Ele dmg or all res/armour

Legs and chest and shoulder and Belt,

Main stat
Vit
All res/armour
2 sockets for legs
3 sockets for chest

Weapons,

Main stat

Following these items in just yellows you should be looking at around 400-600k damage and torment 1 will be face roll and it's a good base for you to move to the next level of gear.

Always remember that if you find gear with one stat missing you can use the mystic to add the other, running bountys on normal you should complete the set in a few hours.

I thought as much with the up and down arrows but I wasn't sure.

I currently have over 600k dps but I'm too squishy I think I need to fix my gear. T1 is easy but after that I get smooshed. (Wizard)

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I didn't realize that Lower Level Req can roll to 30 on L70 items.

My wife's Crusader at L48 went from 7K sheet damage to 51K with a single weapon change. Neato.

Oh, while I'm posting here, I think I'm inclined to say that AR far trumps VIT for defense purposes considering that LOH is the primary means of sustenance now. LOH numbers are fixed, so I would think that it's only all the more effective if the damage it is recovering is reduced as much as possible.

I'm getting steamrolled in some of the events in Act5 on Master and I'm still on my first play through at lv 65. should I go back and farm loot from act4 or just lower the difficulty?

Is guess what I don't know is how crit damage is calculated. Is increasing my crit damage by 30% better than increasing all of my damage by 15% overall? I know the crit damage is a multiplier, but it's multiplying the base damage, right? So it seems like increasing base would increase all attacks including crits, but increasing crit only helps crits. Do crits just outweigh normal attacks to such an extent they're the only attacks that even matter? How often should I be critting, and how do I determine that?

Err, I guess this is all the stuff I'm supposed to ignore until I hit 70, isn't it? lol

Right as I finished that paragraph I was going to say don't worry about it till 70 :)

Crits only become worth it once you're stacked with Crit damage/chance. If you were to compare two equal weapons, such as in your example, then yes the base damage boost would be more worth it because its consistent.

Just have fun with it, especially if you're playing with someone locally, it can be fun to talk about the upgrades you get and at least do a little bit of min-maxing. But if you're worried about not being successful while getting to 70, don't sweat it.

Raxious

Malthael down on HC as well, only thing remaining is to do the 500 bounties, got about 160 left so they'll be used to lvl up my DH to 70.

Woorloog

Banned
They drop.
Fast. No luck in getting mere parts...
One piece of white gear gives you a lot of Parts.

Kind of noticed... they also were gone rather fast as my luck at crafting items is terrible.
Ah, well, i got some lvl 70 rare weapon drop, it is not the best thing but better than nothing.

Definitively need to take a break from the class though. Fun class but still need a break.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
"I had to spend so and so hours getting some piece of equipment in a videogame so you should too, if you don't you're evil"

eh, it is what it is.

It's not just that... I joined a gaffer's game and he had a wizard in there facerolling everything. After inspecting I find a 10k damage azurewrath with 3 slots.

The problem is such a character is so powerful you might as well not be playing the game at all, everything's dead by the time you see it.

I find that boring.

Fast. No luck in getting mere parts...

Kind of noticed... they also were gone rather fast as my luck at crafting items is terrible.
Ah, well, i got some lvl 70 rare weapon drop, it is not the best thing but better than nothing.

Definitively need to take a break from the class though. Fun class but still need a break.

I tend to see white items drop from those weapon/armor racks more than anywhere else. I'd say keep an eye out for those if you're needing more parts.

It's not just that... I joined a gaffer's game and he had a wizard in there facerolling everything. After inspecting I find a 10k damage azurewrath with 3 slots.

The problem is such a character is so powerful you might as well not be playing the game at all, everything's dead by the time you see it.

I find that boring.

I'm not a fan of duped weapons, but if someone offers to give you a legit weapon of your choice because they have a buttload of plans and materials, why even bring up duping/hacking, that's a whole other can of worms.

Woorloog

Banned
I tend to see white items drop from those weapon/armor racks more than anywhere else. I'd say keep an eye out for those if you're needing more parts.

I wouldn't have this issue if i had realized this days ago... I have missed out perhaps hundreds of those parts (by not picking up white weapons and armor). I guess i will get them eventually, it is not like i missed legendaries.
It is very, very annoying you can't see the material description in the crafting window (including where to get it).

Top Bottom