• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Brooks2304

Neo Member
No doubt some of the most fun I've had playing games on the PS4 so far. Definitely the type of game I've been waiting to play with my buddies. Level 68 Witch Doctor right now playing on Master on ACT V, almost finished.

cakely

Got to Act V for the first time last night (after hundreds of hours of running Act I-IV on the PC) and I've got to say, it looks really good compared to the rest of the game.

abundant

I'm trying to farm the Key of Evil for Hellfire ring, I have the others already. I'm killing the Act 4 Keywarden, quitting the game and starting again. I've done this 20 times and he hasn't dropped the key yet. I've read that the drop chance is 50% at Torment 6 which is what I'm doing.

Am I doing something wrong or is RNGesus just fucking with me?

Apparently there's a bug on the PS4? version where the 4th Keywarden doesn't drop the key.

I wouldn't say it's better, diffrent in a good way.

The last gen versions look pretty bad, and won't get future patch support.

It's D3, not Metro Last Light or something that actually has amazing graphics. The 360 version looks great.

Patch support would be more significant if the game wasn't already as substantial as it is.

Does Kadala occasionally give you extra loot? I was rolling on a bunch of gloves from her and suddenly I heard a jingle noise. When I backed out of her screen, there was a legendary and a set ring ring laying on the ground. lol

You likely were just out of inventory space.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What is thorns damage? I have a new ability for my Crusader that says "attackers take extra thorns damage" but I have no idea what that even is.

TRios Zen

The RNG gods in this game hate me. Don't know what I did to piss them off.

I play with two friends both of whom drop legendaries at least twice as often as I do. As if that isn't bad enough, the few times I do drop orange, it is almost always accompanied by a gift for one of them, I've gifted at least 6-7 oranges to them now.

So how many gifts have I gotten from my orange loot-dropping compatriots?

Zero

**hmmm**

Abylim

Hardcore and all related trophies done.

If anyone wants some gear, gems or cash on hardcore let me know.

M54ucaK.jpg

PrimeRib_

Hardcore and all related trophies done.

If anyone wants some gear, gems or cash on hardcore let me know.

M54ucaK.jpg

Wait, aren't there trophies to kill Diablo and Act V bosses? Or (and how did you) drop them before the Butcher?
And yes, I'd LOVE SOME (gear, gems, cash) via Hardcore. Got a level 36 Witch Doctor that could use some serious gear infusement.

Evil Beaver

It can be really hard to tell what's going on when you're playing co-op and getting swarmed with monsters. Several times I've found myself punching air with my Monk while my party members mop the floor with the enemies.

[Embarrassment Intensifies]

dotdotdot

Neo Member
Has there been any mention of a patch to fix the issue when getting buffed from a higher level character? I had a buff on a character, and when I was comparing weapons, my strength was supposed to be improved by +50. When I equipped it, my strength went down. This makes it hard to compare weapons when the numbers don't match. Great game tho, so addicting.

Abylim

Wait, aren't there trophies to kill Diablo and Act V bosses? Or (and how did you) drop them before the Butcher?
And yes, I'd LOVE SOME (gear, gems, cash) via Hardcore. Got a level 36 Witch Doctor that could use some serious gear infusement.

Adventure mode. It lets you do bounties and whatnot in any act.
All hardcore related trophies obtained, just need to get all chars to 70 (done Crusdaer, Demon hunter and Wizard now)
And do 500 bounties, which I'm closing in on.

Yeah I can give you some gems, PSN Abylim

had a strange glitch this evening. a friend of mine is currently level 33 in act 2, i'd just finished levelling my WD to 70 in T1 and decided to jump in to his game. running around one-shotting everything for him got old after about 30 seconds, so i left and rejoined as a barb i've just started, around level 14. everything fine for the first group of enemies, but then suddenly there's like one regular enemy - not elite, just a regular guy - running round one shotting both me and the host. it was like for some reason the game spawned a T1 enemy on us. We were only able to kill him by having me log back in as the WD. thought that was done then the next area had a bunch more. luckily he'd just reached a warp point so was able to quit out entirely and restart the game without losing an progress, everything was back to normal after that. strange error though.

PrimeRib_

Adventure mode. It lets you do bounties and whatnot in any act.
All hardcore related trophies obtained, just need to get all chars to 70 (done Crusdaer, Demon hunter and Wizard now)
And do 500 bounties, which I'm closing in on.

Yeah I can give you some gems, PSN Abylim

Ah yes, Adventure Mode. I'm still on campaign so it's easy to forget that mode even exists as it's not available until campaign is finished.

Thanks!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
All your "attackers take X damage" items add to your thorns. It shows up on your character sheet.
Oh cool, thanks!

It can be really hard to tell what's going on when you're playing co-op and getting swarmed with monsters. Several times I've found myself punching air with my Monk while my party members mop the floor with the enemies.

[Embarrassment Intensifies]
Go to the options menu and turn on the little floating health bars for players. It really helps keep track of your character.

Was in a dead end spot when a Nemesis spawned, was cornered and couldn't get away, almost killed him. Just got stuck between nem arcane lasers and fire orbs. Bad sign when one spawns and has 7 or 8 shadow guys with him, sorry to those on my friends list :) you've got a monster incoming lol.

Love the nemesis system.
I appreciate that they looked out for offline players as well! I finally faced my nemesis for the 4th time He showed up right after I beat the Butcher in a rift (those horns are nothing compared to the nemesis intro horns!) with 3 me's though and I started running away then my enchantress follower cast charm on a shadow ne and then he cast that time bomb attack..and killed the nemesis..I got cap for loot though not a single legend, a well it was still an interesting encounter!

Im Seeing this a lot in the thread, Blizzard does a terrible job of showing you how to progress your gear so I'll give people a hand.

Ignore any gear you get before level 70, this is a big thing , IGNORE BLIZZARD IN GAME GREEN AND RED ARROWS!!!

They suck and often make you sell/salvage upgrades. Now we have that out the way lets start with your first gear set, I recommend running bountys on normal in act 1 , this gets you rift frags and a chance at RoRG, now for the gear,

These are the stats you wanna look at for gear,

Rings,

Main stat (str/dex/int)
Crit chance
Crit damage
Your stat of choice

Amulet,

Main stat
Crit chance
Crit damage
Stat of your choice

Helm,

Main stat
Vit
Crit chance
Socket or all res

Bracers ,

Main stat
Vit
Crit chance
Ele dmg or all res/armour

Legs and chest and shoulder and Belt,

Main stat
Vit
All res/armour
2 sockets for legs
3 sockets for chest

Weapons,

Main stat
Socket (ALWAYS SOCKET YOUR WEAPON!(Emerald)

Following these items in just yellows you should be looking at around 400-600k damage and torment 1 will be face roll and it's a good base for you to move to the next level of gear.

Always remember that if you find gear with one stat missing you can use the mystic to add the other, running bountys on normal you should complete the set in a few hours.

Great advice! I'll be referring back to this once I make it to 70!

I would but no one on my list got the game. I suppose I could do a quick match.

Just quick match, nobody talks, its like you're running with a bunch of ai teammates. For the most part this is even the case on pc. People who like playing alone should really take advantage of online, the only reason I can see why to not do it is if you want to go through the story. Also, play on the highest difficulty where your time to kill enemies is still fairly quick, otherwise its a slog.

boofa

Neo Member
I would but no one on my list got the game. I suppose I could do a quick match.

There's a whole thread full of people you can add with this game. I suggest adding a bunch because it is nice playing with other people and especially if you can play with the same people over and over.

PS4: boofa

HGStormy

Banned
So tired I didn't realize I was on the buy menu instead of the sell menu and accidentally spent all my money buying random junk D: Oops

The RNG gods in this game hate me. Don't know what I did to piss them off.

I play with two friends both of whom drop legendaries at least twice as often as I do. As if that isn't bad enough, the few times I do drop orange, it is almost always accompanied by a gift for one of them, I've gifted at least 6-7 oranges to them now.

So how many gifts have I gotten from my orange loot-dropping compatriots?

Zero

**hmmm**

It sounds to me like you haven't truly accepted RNGesus into your heart. Once you do accept RNGesus as your savior, legs and jewels will fall from the heavens*!

Legs and jewels may not actually fall from the heavens. Accept RNGesus into your heart at your own risk. DO NOT attempt to actually put RNGesus into your heart as this could cause massive blood loss and possibly death.

fernoca

1/4 through Act 5 and started to notice...how fast I leveled up during the first 3 acts and I'm currently on Level 58, playing on Expert. There's no way I'll make it to level 70 before the end. Been playing by myself since my friend and I has been busy with work and stuff.

Oh well guess though adventure mode I will.

Handy Fake

My Demon Hunter is doing 40k damage at level 57. I'm scared.

EDIT: I'm still not 100% au fait with mixing and matching bows, two handed crossbows, one handed crossbows and quivers like. What can be used with what?

Chaos

I've played the DH, WD and Mage only till near the end of act 1, does the Mage dps pick up as he gets higher as he's kinda slow at clearing mobs comparted to DH, WD.
Maybe I should get him some new gear.

I've played the DH, WD and Mage only till near the end of act 1, does the Mage dps pick up as he gets higher as he's kinda slow at clearing mobs comparted to DH, WD.
Maybe I should get him some new gear.
My wizard does 500k dps unbuffed.. So yes. My ice mage is a monster at clearing mobs.

My Demon Hunter is doing 40k damage at level 57. I'm scared.

EDIT: I'm still not 100% au fait with mixing and matching bows, two handed crossbows, one handed crossbows and quivers like. What can be used with what?

Quiver with anything but dual wield.

Look for gear with elemental + damage for the skills that you use that have that element, and get as much crit damage as you can.

Korosenai

So what gems should I be putting into my equipment? I know green gems are the best for weapons to boost your damage, and I know purple are the best for your helmet to boost life. I'm also using my crusader, so would it be more worth my time putting red gems in all of my other equipment for strength or just going all blue for that huge boost in defense?

So what gems should I be putting into my equipment? I know green gems are the best for weapons to boost your damage, and I know purple are the best for your helmet to boost life. I'm also using my crusader, so would it be more worth my time putting red gems in all of my other equipment for strength or just going all blue for that huge boost in defense?

Yeah, main stat for everything but helmet and weapon.

Handy Fake

Quiver with anything but dual wield.

Look for gear with elemental + damage for the skills that you use that have that element, and get as much crit damage as you can.

Got that sewn up with passives and equipment. +4% chance crit with every hit until a crit occurs, +30% chance to crit, 50% increased damage on crit. :D

EDIT: With Rapid Fire +~20% damage bonuses and Hatred gen, it's yellow numbers all over the shop. *snort*

Top Bottom