• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Part of the problem is the design of the menu. Every time I boot up the game, I have to go to the network option and go from the default FRIENDS ONLY to the OPEN TO PUBLIC.
That's odd.
And I always change it from FRIENDS ONLY to INVITE ONLY. Wish we could just save the default setting we want each time.

That may be my only complaint with the game. And OK, it'd be nice to compare stats both with and without gems. And sometimes those green and red comparison arrows lie through their teeth. But yeah, that's about it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hi,

looking for people to play with on Xbox one.

Account: DrinkablePants
Sweet, I'll add you. I've barely played co-op and I want to change that. My gamertag = kittens dx. In fact, I'm gonna hop on now if anyone wants to play.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
If you can find a multiplayer match, D3 is good. I'm in the minority and wasn't smitten by Wolfenstein, though.

Also, The Last of Us is EXCELLENT. Worth every penny.

Indeed excellent, probably the best game made in the last 5 years.

But back to Diablo 3 expert, yeah, it's not really that tough IF you're a Diablo veteran and know what you're doing. For a newer player, I would imagine it to be fairly challenging. Once you hit Act V, change the difficulty to Master right away. Definitely feels meatier for Diablo veterans -- I died more on Act V than I did the other acts combined (because of Master difficulty). Then the real game starts on Torment and beyond
Don't worry, it'll be balls-hard before you know it ;)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've managed to muster up two more complaints about this game! The online friends roster is unnecessarily short -- there's plenty of screen space left below it. And I really wish there were some way to quickly glance down the list and tell which friends are playing hardcore and which aren't.

Once you hit Act V, change the difficulty to Master right away. Definitely feels meatier for Diablo veterans -- I died more on Act V than I did the other acts combined (because of Master difficulty). )

I just did that, well, half way through Act V, I'm in the battlefields and when an elite turns up you get into this massive moving brawl which can push you all round the place while chipping away at its health and knocking off lesser creatures.

One thing though the difficulty below master says you should have mastered gem usage, but I'm not sure if I should be mucking around with socketing gems prior to level 70? I haven't needed to, but maybe it is advised?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I just picked up the PS3 version earlier today. Picked up my level 51 monk and leveled her to 57 in one sitting. I forgot how addictive this game can be. I plan to level up a crusader in addition to my low-level sorcerer and demon hunter.

I will say that the graphics performance on PS3 is a little iffy - some frame rate drops and screen tearing, but nothing that is too bad. If anyone wants to team up on PS3 my username is the same as my GAF name.

Codeblew

PSA: When you guys are doing rifts, don't recall right after killing the rift lord. Finish clearing out the dungeon before turning in. Rifts are the best place to farm for legendaries. If you didn't open a rift, don't close it.

People have known about the home button thing forever. It's not any kind of secret, it's the simplest console 'exploit' in the book and people have been doing it in games forever. It's just a shame that Blizzard didn't find some way to lessen its effectiveness.
Wait, so how is THAT effecting your multiplayer experience? It's so time consuming as an actual cheat yet extremely beneficial as an undo button especially in the salvahef ring case described..what's your deal with people playing how they like? I don't get it.

JLeack

Banned
Just got my review copies super late. I'm very impressed with this so far. I already have 240 hours on the PC version. This may be my new go to for local coop on Xbox One.

JJD

Guys I really need some help on how to spend paragon points on my DH!

I really have no idea at what to do.

I thinking of going crit chance and vitality....help please?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Crusader Level 70 there! What do I focus my paragon points on? Strength and Vitality?

Just did all Act 1 bounties and did my first Rift. Almost died a few times but somehow held. It was hard, almost thought of dropping from Master to Expert. The game drops are sucking though, no legendaries in a while and whatever drop has sometimes higher armor (for example) but lowers everything else. Kinda frustrating :(

Pop

Movement speed to 25% then Dexterity
Crit Damage/Crit Chance- depending on which gives more overall damage
Resist All -Max Out
Life on Hit or Resource cost reduction

Crusader Level 70 there! What do I focus my paragon points on? Strength and Vitality?

(

I've been following this guide from Reddit. Of course, you can always reset your paragon points and experiment. All the Crusaders I've run rifts with have had crazy movement speed, even without the horse.

Core: Movement Speed to 25; the rest into Strength/Dex/Int
Offensive: max out Cooldown Reduction, Crit Damage and Crit Chance in that order. (Strive to maintain a 1:10 ratio between Crit Chance and Crit Damage.)
Defensive: max out All Resist; then go for Life % or Armor depending on your needs.
Utility: max out Resource Cost Reduction and Area Damage.

After trying to get the Black Mushroom for about 2 hours straight (and various other times while I was doing the story) I have reached my fed up limit for today. I never had any trouble getting it on PC but now it never spawns. I know it's supposed to but it just never shows up.

zou

crusader with that early shield bash skill is fun: using enemies I can zoom around the map pretty quickly. finally Diablo doesn't feel so slow anymore.

so only a matter of time for it to get nerfed to hell.

Andrew.

Banned
Reached level 70, still in act five and already 4 paragon points deep.

This game man. It's already had me by the balls and I think adventure mode is just going to full on crush them into tiny pieces.

crusader with that early shield bash skill is fun: using enemies I can zoom around the map pretty quickly.

finally Diablo doesn't feel so slow anymore. so only a matter of time for it to get nerfed to hell.

It's actually getting buffed in the 2.1 patch, which already came out on PC today. Dunno when it'll hit PS4/XOne.

Shield Bash
Movement speed while charging has been increased by 60%
Increased attack animation speed
Attack speed animation is now affected by Attack Speed
Skill Rune - Pound
Weapon damage increased from 1200% to 1320%

Looks like it can be faster, depending on your weapon.

Baliis

crusader with that early shield bash skill is fun: using enemies I can zoom around the map pretty quickly. finally Diablo doesn't feel so slow anymore.

so only a matter of time for it to get nerfed to hell.

Got major buffs and a new set focused around it in 2.1

Atkison04

Glad to help. Yeah, TF coupled with a bunch of Arcane AoE effects going off basically prevents the mobs from swarming, while allowing you to move around freely.

Just to be clear on the elemental bonus, if you have +10% Cold damage, that applies only to skills expressed as a percentage of weapon damage. So you get a 10% boost to your Blizzard, but it has no effect on your Frost Nova, unless you use the Frozen Mist rune. Similarly, it has no effect on your Magic Missiles, unless you use Glacial Spike. Follow?

If you have bonuses from multiple pieces of gear, they're added before being applied as a multiplier. So if you had +12% Cold from your hat, and +15% Cold from your gloves, your rune-less Blizzard would do 1075% * 127% = 1365% of your weapon damage. If you also have +10% Blizzard damage, that's applied as a separate multiplier, so 1365% * 110% = 1502% weapon damage, as opposed to the listed 1075%. That's a 40% increase in overall damage. Not too shabby.

Good luck with your new build! <3

I'm trying my best to listen to what people are saying in this thread for sure. The only other RPG's I've played are Demon Souls and Dark Souls. I'm loving Diablo just as much as I love the souls game. Btw, I did not have access to the temporal flux passive ability. I'm only a level 34 I believe. I do have gear that adds about 25% combined damage boost on the hydra though. I'm trying to get better with adjusting my gear to coincide with the spells I actually use. All a new experience for me :)

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

You can reset and reassign paragon points without paying a penalty.

Just do whatever feels right and when you have a solid plan change them accordingly.

How does elemental damage from a weapon combine with skill effects? Like, I just got a sword in the mail that says 215-305 damage, including(?) 180-224 Holy damage. What happens when I cast Disintegrate? Is it 100% Arcane damage? Is it like 90/10 Holy/Arcane? Is it 100% Holy and 100% Arcane?

Howzzat work, exactly? Also, how's that resisted?

Admodieus

Been having some incredibly frequent drops lately, although not all of them are what I want.

In the last 24 hours, I got Marauder's shoulders, the Shadow's Bane set pants and chest, and multiple set crafting plans. Also, while playing a Rift tonight, I was thinking to myself "Man, I could use an Andarial's Visage" and boom, a helm dropped. Opened up my inventory and noticed it was the Andy's outline....IDed it and it turns out to have Physical and Strength (I need Fire Damage and Dexterity for my Cluster Arrow DH). Little disappointing, but I'll just save it for a Shield Bash/Phalanx Crusader that I can build when 2.1 hits the consoles.

antitrop

Picked up a new PS4 at the weekend - part of a JB HI FI bundle and I got Wolfenstein with it...trading Wolfenstein in today as its not the best and I think i'm "bored" of shooters now (till Destiny comes out!).

So is Diablo3 the BEST game on PS4 right now you reckon?

Sorry to hear about Wolfenstein.

Ugh. Level 42 and my monk stats are only 2800/62k/300. Feel like my DPS should be higher by now. My wife's WD by comparison is at 1500/120k/400.

Are these terrible stats for our level? At the end of act 2, playing on expert.

Pop

Ugh. Level 42 and my monk stats are only 2800/62k/300. Feel like my DPS should be higher by now. My wife's WD by comparison is at 1500/120k/400.

Are these terrible stats for our level? At the end of act 2, playing on expert.

My Barb is around lvl 50 and I'm sitting at 18k/340k

So I would say you guys are behind

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
My evening plans got cancelled, so I'll probably be playing all night.

XB1 PEEPS, ASSEMBLE

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I never see monks at 70, makes me want to level mine up
Same here, makes me want to build one. I also haven't seen a single Barbarian yet in a random party. I guess Crusader just has much more appeal to people I'm general (myself included).

Basically I see %70 crusaders, %20 demon hunters and %10 mages it seems like.

EekTheKat

I used the last of my mats to make some green legs for my teleport happy Wizard (the one with the 2 set bonus -10% cooldown).

My Wizard is cooldown reduction heavy and teleport/mirror image heavy. Not the most optimal build out there but it's remarkably fun teleporting out of a jam.

Then a rift drops the plans for Cosmic Strand (teleport gains the effect of the wormhole rune).

My offhand isn't that great either lol. The worst part it I didn't even get the set bonus

JJD

Movement speed to 25% then Dexterity
Crit Damage/Crit Chance- depending on which gives more overall damage
Resist All -Max Out
Life on Hit or Resource cost reduction

I've been following this guide from Reddit. Of course, you can always reset your paragon points and experiment. All the Crusaders I've run rifts with have had crazy movement speed, even without the horse.

Core: Movement Speed to 25; the rest into Strength/Dex/Int
Offensive: max out Cooldown Reduction, Crit Damage and Crit Chance in that order. (Strive to maintain a 1:10 ratio between Crit Chance and Crit Damage.)
Defensive: max out All Resist; then go for Life % or Armor depending on your needs.
Utility: max out Resource Cost Reduction and Area Damage.

You can reset and reassign paragon points without paying a penalty.

Just do whatever feels right and when you have a solid plan change them accordingly.

I can reset the points without any penalty? That's great!

And thanks for the tips guys!

Xevren

PSA: When you guys are doing rifts, don't recall right after killing the rift lord. Finish clearing out the dungeon before turning in. Rifts are the best place to farm for legendaries. If you didn't open a rift, don't close it.

Seriously! Vast majority just think they're for running shards, I only close early if the density is awful.

Picked up a couple of GAFers on my friends list. I don't know if we'll get to play together sometime, but it'll be fun to finally have people to send and hopefully receive legendary items.

I'm still playing mostly couch co-op with my son (we just hit 66 after our first completed act of adventure mode and 2 rifts), but I could easily see leveling up multiple 70s over the next couple of weeks.

This game is so much damned fun. I really thought that I would get bored more quickly than I am (I played through the game 2.5 times on PC-Vanilla during the initial release).

Anyway, if anyone wants more people on their legendary mailing list, please feel free to add me:
PS4 PSN: Arthr2ShdsJcksn

Also, as a side note, it really seems like gems are underpowered now. They don't feel as special as they used to on the PC.
Extra side note: I still miss socket-able skulls from D2.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone on XB1 has some fancy emeralds they wanna gift me, I'd be eternally grateful.

Seriously! Vast majority just think they're for running shards, I only close early if the density is awful.

what would happen if you open a rift and "repopulate" it (by quitting then continuing the game) after you beat the boss? does that work on rifts? technically you should be able to farm them endlessly if that was true, right?

Xevren

what would happen if you open a rift and "repopulate" it (by quitting then continuing the game) after you beat the boss? does that work on rifts? technically you should be able to farm them endlessly if that was true, right?

If you quit, the rift is closed.

I've had a couple extras drop of my Akkhan pieces if any Crusaders on PS4 want to trade the ones I don't have yet for them:

OWYLCIi.jpg
sHouKbn.jpg

I need the shoulders and the boots. PM me.

Hit Lvl 35 with my crusader on hard but it now seems easy guess I can crank it up another notch. Also you guys have been busy my mailbox was full of legendaries today :)

jimminy1403

Neo Member
I noticed more legendary items in my mailbox the past couple of days too. Also I've sent out more. Good work everyone. PS4 id: jimminy14 if people are interested.

HGStormy

Banned
I actually didn't notice the cost of combining gems till I realized that all my money was gone. Now I just throw them all in my stash D:
Quickmatch is a godsend for people with few friends <3

Top Bottom