• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

My monk finally crested level 70 after running some rifts. Got an Odyn Son to boot, only it's level 69 rather than 70. Still, it'll probably work for me fine if and until I can snag a level 70 version. Now I get to rock two lightning-spewing weapons. I haven't transmog'd any of my gear so he's looks like a hobo king at the moment:

brucelvl70-4kxrvq.png

I'm couch co-oping this and we're midway through the second act...and neither of us have died more than once. We're playing on normal. Is this...normal? When does the challenge ramp up? Is it imperative we beat the game once on normal or should we just up the difficulty now?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm couch co-oping this and we're midway through the second act...and neither of us have died more than once. We're playing on normal. Is this...normal? When does the challenge ramp up? Is it imperative we beat the game once on normal or should we just up the difficulty now?
Normal is good for the very very beginning (like first thirty minutes), but you should be bumping up the difficulty as you gain better gear. Normal enemies should go down in a flash, but you shouldn't have to constantly run away from elite enemies desperately waiting for your powerful abilities to recharge. Hope that makes sense.

Grimsen

I have shoulder pads that summon a nemesis for me to fight when I activate an altar. Got a pretty good legendary sword from one of them too.

Just passed 36 with my Crusader, still in act 2. The game is still great, but too easy. Master should have been available before act 5.

Soulez

Neo Member
My monk finally crested level 70 after running some rifts. Got an Odyn Son to boot, only it's level 69 rather than 70. Still, it'll probably work for me fine if and until I can snag a level 70 version. Now I get to rock two lightning-spewing weapons. I haven't transmog'd any of my gear so he's looks like a hobo king at the moment:
Congrats on 70. More than welcome to join my games anytime. This is Ainge17.

Normal is good for the very very beginning (like first thirty minutes), but you should be bumping up the difficulty as you gain better gear. Normal enemies should go down in a flash, but you shouldn't have to constantly run away from elite enemies desperately waiting for your powerful abilities to recharge. Hope that makes sense.

Cool. Makes sense. So I can just hit pause and 'change difficulty' and I'm good? Nothing lost?

Thanks again!

Haines

Banned
Were at about level 50/doing coop chap 3.

I can't wait to do chapter 5 again. Only did it once on PC.

The mail legendarys I saved up til now made my guy a beast. Were just ripping army's to shreds

Not looking forward.to chapter 4/never enjoyed it much

Just got to 70 on hardcore... I don't want to do that again :)

I almost died 75% through level 69.

APkD4ZQ.jpg

Edit: I see that's answered already, cheers.

What difficulty if you don't mind me asking? I just started a hc run and figured I'd drop it to hard to begin with as I did die a few times, particularly earlier on, in expert.

Oh yeah. Got my Scourge sword, Hellskull shield, Reapers Wraps, Leorics Signet, RoRG, Kymbos Gold, Spaulders of Zakara and St Archews Gage.

Now to work on the rest. I need my set stuff bad. Up to 500k dps. Not sure if I can do T2 yet though.

Kurod

Banned
So the first legendary I ever got decided to drop again in a torment bounty. Now it's probably the best helm I have.

The reduced level requirements means it'll make a nice hand-me-down for my Crusader while leveling him up too.

ramuh

Made it to level 50 or so in Act 3 on Expert for my Wizard. Only time I died was when these stupid ass green monsters charged me (like five of them) and then all exploded. This is my first time through the game, I know better now. :)

Imouto

Banned
Does the Nemesis spawn to people who are currently online only? I let 2 leave my session last night when my friendlist doesn't have anyone active so I don't know it will spawn when people log in or it will be lost.

What skills u.like?

Been breezing through the campaign on expert with Firebomb, Zombie Dogs (w/3rd dog skill), Grasp of the Dead, Mass Confusion, Acid Cloud, and Gargantuan (w/poison aura). I would like to go back to using explosive toads instead of Firebomb, but I need another Flayer first. I leveled way beyond the old one I found.

Ryhian

Finally finished act V due to lack of time to play more than casually. Playing a WD on expert and thought Acts 1-4 were easy difficulty wise, but there were some fights in act V that had me on my heels.

Can't wait to hop into the adventure mode now since I've heard so many good things about it!

Been breezing through the campaign on expert with Firebomb, Zombie Dogs (w/3rd dog skill), Grasp of the Dead, Mass Confusion, Acid Cloud, and Gargantuan (w/poison aura). I would like to go back to using explosive toads instead of Firebomb, but I need another Flayer first. I leveled way beyond the old one I found.

Witchdoctorbrofist. Acid cloud + grasp was my mainstay for a good half of the game. Replaced grasp with pirhanado now. One trick I did to free up a button slot is at the start of a session equip the passive "enemy death has chance to spawn zombie dog" and once you have your three up you can safely switch to another passive. That way you don't need the summon skill equipped.

My setup at the end of act v was:
Acid cloud + duration mod
Pirhana + tornado mod
Frogs + rain of frogs
Spirit walk + health regain
Soul harvest + languish
Gargantua + bash (stun mod)

Passives were vision quest, fetish sycophants and the extra dog with 50% health boost. I also had the axe that summons a ghostly champion. Ripped through crowds, slightly less excellent at single target DPS but more than enough to beat expert easily and holding up to t1 farming.

One downside is that various effects only apply to zombie dogs you summon, not those spawned by passives or other mods. Plus even with vision quest I tend to chew through mana, need to up the regen or reduce cost some more.

Jabba

Banned
Ever since I've read Taz's post giving an idea what to look for on gear, my RNG has gone to shit. Usually find mostly yellows and some Legendary pieces per run. (Rift or no Rift) Now its some yellow, plenty of purples and even the main stat, dex, is hard to find. Ughh.....

PSA: When you guys are doing rifts, don't recall right after killing the rift lord. Finish clearing out the dungeon before turning in. Rifts are the best place to farm for legendaries. If you didn't open a rift, don't close it.
Whoa. I didn't know this and closed two tonight. Now I feel bad. :<

muggen76

Im a WD soon to ding 70. Done some bounties and a rift on T1 and i have to say the game became a bit more challenging now :) Anyway, i will be on this weekend. So if anyone wanna hook up and farm some bounties and rifts give me a poke. Will probably play Friday and Saturday night. Live in Sweden so im on GMT+1

PSN: muggen76

HORRORSHØW

If you can, get your cooldown reduction to around 51%. You'll have a 2-3 second cool-down on Akarat's Champion from the time it wears off.

yeah. i'm trying to roll for CDR. my dps took a huge dump while wearing the set. i lost like 250K. i'm sure being in constant AC mode will make up for it, though.

David___

Banned
Grimløck;127409171 said:
yeah. i'm trying to roll for CDR. my dps took a huge dump while wearing the set. i lost like 250K. i'm sure being in constant AC mode will make up for it, though.

Firestarter crusader easily makes up for the dps lost with DOT. At 360k right now and TIV is a cakewalk. T5 is a little tougher but bearable.

yamo

I'm on vacation for a week but keep thinking about getting home to play D3! I'm expecting lots of gifts in my inbox when I get back home, don't dissapoint me guys. :)

Finally got a chance to hop back into Diablo 3 again after a few days, and already I'm getting sucked back in. 2 quick questions:

1) In Diablo 2 it seemed like there was a pretty clear 'correct' build that would allow you to get your character class to it's most powerful/effective. Are there such builds in Diablo 3? I'm getting the sense that no, each of the abilities are pretty even in terms of pros, cons, usage, etc. But maybe I just suck at using the Crusader's later abilities?

2) When I get gifts in my inbox, those are the ones the game prompts players to send right? Like I've found items 'Gift for so-and-so'. Is there a way to tell? Cause I've received like 10 gifts, and sent like 2 of those gifts, and I feel like kind of a dick if my buddies are specifically thinking 'oh, Jaeger_Dice would love this for his Crusader!' and taking the time to create a new mail to send it.

Thanks!

HORRORSHØW

Firestarter crusader easily makes up for the dps lost with DOT. At 360k right now and TIV is a cakewalk. T5 is a little tougher but bearable.

i did t6 bounties with the blessed shield build last night. very doable but took awhile. i think i'm gonna go lightning hammer build instead of firestarter.

Top Bottom