• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

phinious

What's a good WD build? Level 70, but dunno what to go for... Right now I am using dogs and gargantuan with the 3 dog passives.

So.. just so I fully understand this. I have only got to midway thru Act 2. (with a kid its a bit hard to play as much as I would like)....

If I play mulitplayer there is a good chance I will be doing other areas??? And to go back to my game... I just jump back to single player and it picks up where I left off? What if I beat Act 3 with another person. Does my single player game skip that and go to Act 4 after I finish Act 3?

Finally!

Act 5

Lev 60.

Torment Difficulty.

Now it feels like Diablo.

Got a legendary ring that spawns a treasure goblin for me that picks up normal loot and converts it to rare loot with a chance of legendary drop. So good!

So i just unlocked adventure mode finished act 1 -3 having a blast. Question is do i get something for completing all acts or should i just restart and do the ones i likeover and over?

So.. just so I fully understand this. I have only got to midway thru Act 2. (with a kid its a bit hard to play as much as I would like)....

If I play mulitplayer there is a good chance I will be doing other areas??? And to go back to my game... I just jump back to single player and it picks up where I left off? What if I beat Act 3 with another person. Does my single player game skip that and go to Act 4 after I finish Act 3?

Online play can stick you anywhere unless you specifically choose in quick match to only join games on the same quest as you. Any quest you complete online will be unlocked in single player. You can still go back and select the last quest you were on and continue playing from there, though.

Atkison04

On that subject, I'm really digging the element- and skill-specific damage bonuses, as they're making me consider skills and builds I would've otherwise ignored.

Long story, short, after getting an artifact in the mail, I've gone from having a random collection of spells that sounded useful to having an 8% Arcane damage boost, a 27% Shock Pulse damage boost, and a 12% Hydra damage boost. Oh, and to top it all off, the wand I got in the mail gives me the ability to summon a second Hydra, and gives all of my attacks a 20% chance to turn in to a 10-yd AoE for 12% of its normal damage.

So now I'm built with Shock Pulse: Power Affinity, Disintegrate: Volatility, Hydra: Arcane Hydra, Archon: Teleport, Magic Weapon: Force Weapon, and Arcane Torrent: Disruption, sporting Glass Cannon, Prodigy, and Temporal Flux as my passives.

This is particularly sweet since TF means anything hit with Arcane is slowed 80% for 2s, and the Hydras shoot balls of Arcane that burst in a 10-yd radius! Talk about crowd control!! ^^ Plus, my wand gives all of my attacks a chance to AoE, adding to CC. So I walk in and drop a Hydra, soften things up with a dose of Torrent, then erase anything that's left with Disintegrate. All with an across-the-board 8% damage bonus and 80% slow effect, and even more damage for the Hydras. If things get hairy, I can drop a second Hydra to help mop up, and if I ever run low on juice, holding X not only destroys everything around me with a 27% damage bonus at no cost, I recover an extra 7 AP per hit while doing so.

I'm kicking all kinds of ass now, and in slow motion! lol

Sounds similar to how I want my wizard to be set up. I love the hydras! They do a good bit of dirty work for me. I also have them set up for the arcane burst. I had no idea about he temporal flux aspect of that though, so I may edit mine and see how I like it. I copied and pasted your post to an email to send to myself for a mini guide later. Thanks a ton serversurfer!

Gxgear

When you return to single player you can choose to start from whichever quest you've completed so far (solo or group), the quests you haven't completed will remain incomplete and you won't unlock adventure mode until you go back and finish them.

When you return to single player you can choose to start from whichever quest you've completed so far (solo or group), the quests you haven't completed will remain incomplete and you won't unlock adventure mode until you go back and finish them.

This isn't true. You don't have to complete all quests to unlock adventure mode. You only need to beat the last boss of act V AFAIK.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This game is so absurdly good. I started a Crusader in Hardcore mode last night and am having so much fun with him. I've tried three classes now -- Monk, Demon Hunter, and Crusader -- and they've all been fun as hell.

To find:

TF
Serpent Sparker
Mirrorball
More Tal pieces
Stone of Jordan

I accidentally found most of Vyr's, and I keep getting Leg spears I have no use for. Also found a Maximus that the Enchantress is rocking.

But the 5 up top and the build I want is finished.

SDCowboy

I've gotta say, I find the akkhan set to look pretty lame/weak. I can transmog them, but it kind of takes the fun away from acquiring them.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've found like 4 gifts for the same person(kittens dx) 2 in a row but I have gotten zero since Friday
Yeah? Send'em to me! It's been a while since I've gotten anything in my mailbox. Am I still able to get gifts while playing in hardcore?

Raxious

Yeah? Send'em to me! It's been a while since I've gotten anything in my mailbox. Am I still able to get gifts while playing in hardcore?

You can only get gifts in hardcore that other players have found in hardcore ;)

The gifts are also separated between Hardcore en normal.

If you say so, I never noticed one class being significantly better at soloing than another on Torment.

Crusaders definitely get to the point where survivability and dps are not a concern much earlier than any other class I feel. So they can advance much quicker with shittier gear.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You can only get gifts in hardcore that other players have found in hardcore ;)

The gifts are also separated between Hardcore en normal.
Ah, okay, good to know. I'll get to the gifts eventually, then. :)

PS: I gotta say, DiabloGAF has been the most helpful and friendly subcommunity i've ever been a part of here in my eight years on GAF.

Maybesew

How does local multiplayer work for this? My wife saw me playing and asked if she could play too. I'd buy a controller on my way home from work if it was decent. (PS4 if that matters.)

Mr Croft

I still can't decide between Monk and Crusader.

Monk is much more fun to play so far, but Crusader looks cool with all that armor.

Which class should I stick with?

Right now I'm playing them both at the same time. But I need to choose one.

Can't decide!

with the right gear and builds any class can solo. Monks can play tank roles where she needs people to deal damage while she tanks. Or she can run builds where she tears through everything

Sounds similar to how I want my wizard to be set up. I love the hydras! They do a good bit of dirty work for me. I also have them set up for the arcane burst. I had no idea about he temporal flux aspect of that though, so I may edit mine and see how I like it. I copied and pasted your post to an email to send to myself for a mini guide later. Thanks a ton serversurfer!
Glad to help. Yeah, TF coupled with a bunch of Arcane AoE effects going off basically prevents the mobs from swarming, while allowing you to move around freely.

Just to be clear on the elemental bonus, if you have +10% Cold damage, that applies only to skills expressed as a percentage of weapon damage. So you get a 10% boost to your Blizzard, but it has no effect on your Frost Nova, unless you use the Frozen Mist rune. Similarly, it has no effect on your Magic Missiles, unless you use Glacial Spike. Follow?

If you have bonuses from multiple pieces of gear, they're added before being applied as a multiplier. So if you had +12% Cold from your hat, and +15% Cold from your gloves, your rune-less Blizzard would do 1075% * 127% = 1365% of your weapon damage. If you also have +10% Blizzard damage, that's applied as a separate multiplier, so 1365% * 110% = 1502% weapon damage, as opposed to the listed 1075%. That's a 40% increase in overall damage. Not too shabby.

Good luck with your new build! <3

just redeemed the inferno pauldrons,and have 2 dlcs to choose, one is english the other is russian/polish, yet no way to tell which is which, which one do I download?

downloaded both versions of the pauldrons, it refused to install one of them, so that must be the russian/polish one.

Raxious

Here we go

jwJBssE.jpg

Dreaver

I'm planning to buy this game, I know it's heavily focused on co-op, but is it also worth buying if you play it all alone? Is it still a lot of fun? (Ps4)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm planning to buy this game, I know it's heavily focused on co-op, but is it also worth buying if you play it all alone? Is it still a lot of fun? (Ps4)
95% of my playtime has been alone and I love it.

BondFancy

I have no idea what I'm doing in this game. I've tried out several builds as a level 70 wizard, and I consistently get my ass handed to me in Torment. I do very little damage, and I get 3 shot by almost anything. Does someone have advice for me? Because I know I have to be playing this game wrong....

Top Bottom