• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Grimløck;127410632 said:
i did t6 bounties with the blessed shield build last night. very doable but took awhile. i think i'm gonna go lightning hammer build instead of firestarter.

Where do you find the builds you guys are referencing?

BigDug13

So what's the deal with Nephalem Glory giving 2x damage bonus on console? I don't remember that happening on PC, and the globes seem to drop constantly, so I'm running around with 2x damage pretty much all the time. Is that intentional to make it function differently than PC?

Grimløck;127411229 said:
diablo fans has builds. try 'em out and make variations to suit your playstylel

Sweet, thanks dude!

I'm only lvl 32 right now, playing through the campaign on hard (which, I realized after about level 10 is super easy despite the name). I've basically been combining lightning attacks with support abilities that stun and pin enemies in place, which has worked well soloing, and with friends in co-op.

I think I'll stick with that set-up until I unlock all the abilities and runes, and then start playing around with the end-game builds to see what I like best.

Is anyone else having trophy issues? So far despite finishing the five acts and having 523000 gold, I haven't received the deep pockets trophy, or the complete all act 1 quests trophy.

I hate it when I get sleepy during the game, as I only have the late evenings for playing, and I'm getting invaded by a Nemesis without realizing the vibrations and the horns. Of course I'm in the middle of a fight with a lot of tough enemies and there HE comes!

I think he killed noobfu before me, and I think there were others he killed as he was really tough.

Despite of that, loving it! :D Best game ever!

I hate that if one person dies, the nemesis disappears. It's hard enough on its own, don't disappear because some random decided to join my game 10 seconds before you spawned.

Speaking of public matches, does anyone else have this problem where you go hours without being connected to a single player, but once it connects the first one, a bunch will connect here and there for the remainder of your play session? It's been a week and this doesn't stop happening.

fernoca

Is anyone else having trophy issues? So far despite finishing the five acts and having 523000 gold, I haven't received the deep pockets trophy, or the complete all act 1 quests trophy.
The gold only counts the one you pickup during gameplay and not the one you receive (like selling). Noticed yesterday when I had over 600k gold but noticed it said I only picked at that moment...350k. [got it a few hours later at the beginning of act 5]

The act 1 trophy...is weird. Check on the challenges in the pause menu. There it gives you a list of what each trophy/misc. challenge requires.

glaurung

The gold only counts the one you pickup during gameplay and not the one you receive (like selling). Noticed yesterday when I had over 600k gold but noticed it said I only picked at that moment...350k.

The act 1 trophy...is weird. Check on the chalkenges in the pause menu. There it gives you a list of ehat each trophy/misc. chalkenge requires.
I haven't had issues with the campaign completion chapter/quests trophies.

Gold trophy only tracks the coin that you pick up. Quest rewards and money made from selling items does not contribute toward it. Check the progress bar for this trophy in the challenges menu to see your real progress.

Completed my Akkhans set earlier and blew all my money gemming and enchanting for constant Akkarat Champion. Turns out I hate it, end up with less dps and awful survivability compared to before, and am now stuck this way. Feels like my badass character died.

yamo

Where do people find the akkhan set pieces for their crusaders? Rifts, bounties, vendor? (I suppose the answer is all of them)

HORRORSHØW

Completed my Akkhans set earlier and blew all my money gemming and enchanting for constant Akkarat Champion. Turns out I hate it, end up with less dps and awful survivability compared to before, and am now stuck this way. Feels like my badass character died.

i don't know man. having stats like this constantly is pretty great.

BwHAIgpCMAAfQ5a.jpg:large

jurgen

I've been out of town all week after spending the weekend getting 2 characters to 70.

This game is freebasing and I'm having serious withdrawals.

Can someone explain to me how Transmogrification works?

I have a lvl 60 legendary set shield in my inventory and I want a new shield to have the same appearance but the lvl 60 appearance is nowhere to be found in the selection menu of Miriam.

The gold only counts the one you pickup during gameplay and not the one you receive (like selling). Noticed yesterday when I had over 600k gold but noticed it said I only picked at that moment...350k. [got it a few hours later at the beginning of act 5]

The act 1 trophy...is weird. Check on the challenges in the pause menu. There it gives you a list of what each trophy/misc. challenge requires.

Ah, ok. At least the money one's not glitched I guess (although the criteria is a bit vague). I'll look into the Act 1 trophy, thanks.

Skele7on

Banned
Yesterday was the worst.

3/4 through fighting Diablo with a buddy, I disconnected.

by the time I got back in he'd killed him so no loot or achievement :(

I am a sad panda....

KeRaSh

My friends and I all played this on the PC when it came out. Two of them also played the addon.
We're doing a little couch coop session on the PS4 this Friday night. Can't wait!

drotahorror

Is there a way to view your console stats on blizzard's diablo 3 armory page or w/e it's called? I can't find it on my profile and I linked my PSN id.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong

Oh hey I'll take that off your hands for you if you want! :p

ZenaxPure

Nah, you can also go full Captain America build. I consider that build vastly more boring than using the akkhan set synergies, however.

Yeah but the sad reality of that is blessed shield builds are fairly slower than both firestarter/shotgun and blessed shield still benefits quite a bit from Akkhan.

If you really want to aim for crusader endgame right now then it is in your best interest to use the set. It's just too good.

Also I noticed the link to builds on diablofans a few posts back. Remember people that the patch is out on pc now and things are dramatically different. Literally only 1 of the builds in the "popular build" section on the home page is applicable to console characters right now. You will have to do some digging to find usable builds. Just make sure you check you can actually try it before you dive in and make a horrible mistake with enchanting or something.

Grimløck;127416296 said:
i don't know man. having stats like this constantly is pretty great.

I'm going to try sticking with it, I can still do T3 easily at least, so maybe I'll try replacing a few of the pieces with ones with better rolls. My main issue is I lost a lot of vit and allres equipping the set and I didn't have any way to compensate because all my enchants and helm socket were locked up for -cooldowns.

Pinktaco

So uhm the loot have been acting strange lately. My first playthrough and I'm playing the WD on expert difficulty, however lately the loot hsve mostly been + vitality and if I create something at the blacksmith the same thing tend to appear. I'm not struggling st all and just took down act 2 end boss like he was nothing so I'm not exactly at risk with my HP._.

It this just normal and to be expected?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Why does Nemesis spawn at the worst possible time? I heard the horn and was about to run the fuck away to a safe place but this golden enemy was spawning walls everywhere and.... ugh so annoying.

Hey, if anyone wants to do bounty or rift runs, lemme know. Or if you need any material, gems, or legendaries (I won't have enough space), lemme know that, too.

PS3/N: lunaticsoula

d9b

Banned
I've done my first 5 bounties and a rift last night on master, on PS4. Got some sweet loot! Loving Adventure mode!

Wait, so a Nemesis can spawn on Hardcore?!

I actually looked it up just now, and it looks like a Nemesis can't spawn on Hardcore. This is actually a bummer because that would've made things even more interesting.
Yet at the same time, I'm somewhat relieved about that lol.

In Diablo III - Reaper of Souls: Ultimate Evil Edition, you and your friends will come to know your most challenging enemy: the Nemesis Monster. When playing with a hero that is level 10 or greater, any non-elite, non-boss monster that defeats you has a chance to turn into a Nemesis monster. The Nemesis monster will then depart the game with a single, sinister intent: hunting down someone on your friends list! Nemesis monsters will not target heroes below level 10 and will never spawn in Hardcore mode.

Einhandr

I'm going for a blessed shield build and I've got about half the gear I need. I just got my first RRoG last night and it seems like it had decent rolls. I'm trying to figure out which stat to reroll for when my gear set is complete. It rolled with Str, vit, ias, and loh. So do I reroll vit or loh and shoot for cc or chd? How essential is loh on the torment difficulties?

Edit:
This is the build I'm using as reference
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10494170473

Kyoufu

I'm going for a blessed shield build and I've got about half the gear I need. I just got my first RRoG last night and it seems like it had decent rolls. I'm trying to figure out which stat to reroll for when my gear set is complete. It rolled with Str, vit, ias, and loh. So do I reroll vit or loh and shoot for cc or chd? How essential is loh on the torment difficulties?

Currently LoH isn't very good. I'd definitely reroll it into CC or CHD depending on your stats. If you feel like you're not critting often enough (anything lower than 40% is not often enough) then you should go for CC.

I generally try to maintain a 1:10 ratio between CC and CHD. so if I have 40% CC, I shoot for 400% CHD.

-PXG-

How come the Nemesis spawns every single time
I'm fighting elites in a Rift. Every fucking time. That horn. That horrible. Shit my pants every time.

Einhandr

Currently LoH isn't very good. I'd definitely reroll it into CC or CHD depending on your stats. If you feel like you're not critting often enough (anything lower than 40% is not often enough) then you should go for CC.

I generally try to maintain a 1:10 ratio between CC and CHD. so if I have 40% CC, I shoot for 400% CHD.

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I'm so used to playing vanilla and running barb builds that rely on a high life steal value. But now that life steal is gone I wasn't sure if loh replaced it utility wise or if it is still as useless as it was in vanilla.

Woorloog

Banned
Is there some good, effective leveling skill build (so nothing that requires specific gear) for wizard (about level 43-44)?
I try various things and nothing seems to work, either i don't have good damage output (playing on Master) or i don't have enough mobility to avoid enemies. EDIT alternatively i just don't know how to use Wizard's mobility...

And has the class been hit with a nerfbat since the vanilla (console) Diablo 3? It feels weaker.

EDIT what the heck is LoH?

cel

Been playing it in and off on PC and more now since the UEE release..no where near as good as you guys here but I'm always up for some runs or more people to gift to.

PSN:etrnlSAGA

Top Bottom