• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Couldn't resist anymore.

temporary_zpsfbf5fa6e.jpg

Going on 3 days without an upgrade on my Crusader with lots of hours dumped. Switched to my Wiz and got her a full set in 3 rift runs in less than an hour. Fuck you, RNG.

Too weak/Not enough regen for a shotgun build on my Crusader so I'm going to switch from Blessed Shield build to Lightning until I find my damn Gyrfalcon's Foote, at which point, I will probably hate it over my 2900+ 2H sword :( If the fucking thing ever drops.

Funny tho. I play with 2 buds and one of my friends is still sitting low 200k after all our play time together and another is low 700k in the same play time. RNG is a bitch.

Is there some good, effective leveling skill build (so nothing that requires specific gear) for wizard (about level 43-44)?
I try various things and nothing seems to work, either i don't have good damage output (playing on Master) or i don't have enough mobility to avoid enemies. EDIT alternatively i just don't know how to use Wizard's mobility...

And has the class been hit with a nerfbat since the vanilla (console) Diablo 3? It feels weaker.

EDIT what the heck is LoH?
Desintigrate, Chaos Nexus
Teleport
Familiar
Enchant Weapon
Any passive that's +DMG

Run around and hold 1 button, teleport when in trouble, repeat. Wiz was by far the easiest thing I leveled in Vanilla. Not sure what has changed since Vanilla but you should be half asleep killing things. If its taking too long drop it down a level. Not my main and I rarely play my Wiz so - grain of salt, etc.

JimPanzer

how long does it take to level up a new char to 70 in adventure mode?
also which character differs the most in playstyle from crusader?

SeanR1221

Started the expansion last night. Things are still pathetically easy on the highest difficulty on your first playthrough. Even diablo barely scratched me

Think I've finally gotten the hang of being a Monk.

Hit level 17(IIRC) and I think I've gotten into my groove of stringing together certain skills for max damage. Having weapons and items that have lifesteal effect is probably giving me some bad habits though as I tank a whole lot more damage than I should. I need to learn to dodge roll more rather than just thinking I'll just lifesteal and heal my way through the damage as though I'm a tank or something.

Rsinart

Well I'm sure not playing any Diablo before might hurt me, but from all the positive feedback on this game and my lack of anything to play till Destiny, I ended up picking this up. Currently sick so my plans today and the rest of the weekend are to play as much as I can.

I'm starting to think about making a switch to the PS4 version. Grabbed the Xbox One version because I could get it for $45 (tax included) but I haven't had a single legendary sent to me in three days and haven't encountered a nemesis at all (above level 10 the past two days).

Am I crazy?

If I go PS4 I will probably just go digital.

Kyoufu

I'm starting to think about making a switch to the PS4 version. Grabbed the Xbox One version because I could get it for $45 but I haven't had a single legendary sent to me in three days and haven't encountered a nemesis at all (above level 10 the past two days).

Am I crazy?

If I go PS4 I will probably just go digital.

Have you tried adding people from the Friend Builder thread to your list?

Kyoufu

Yes. Added a bunch. 2-3 are on at any given time in the evening.

Ah. I have around 85 people online concurrently on the PS4 in the evenings. A lot more PS4 players in that thread and in general, so you'll be flooded with legendaries and Nemesis if you do switch.

Ah. I have around 85 people online concurrently on the PS4 in the evenings. A lot more PS4 players in that thread and in general, so you'll be flooded with legendaries and Nemesis if you do switch.

Yeah. I think so.

I just wonder if I'm being impatient but the numbers in the builder thread don't lie.

Right now my experience doesn't feel that much different than playing vanilla.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone playing on PS3? I'd love to get some coop going - PSN: ilnadmy

I have a level 15 wizard, 22 demon hunter, 57 monk, and going to start a new crusader at some point. Would love to level up with fellow peeps.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Diablo 3 is soooooo goood. I'm enjoying the crap out of this game.

Btw, any advice on how I should spend my Paragon points if I want a max DPS Crusader.

Strength > Crit chance > Crit damage, is that correct?

Wizman23

Banned
Also as someone who put more then 500 hours on the PC version, the console version blows it away BY FAR. The combat just feels amazing with a controller no matter what character you use. Playing on XB1.

bosseye

I'm enjoying this. I haven't played and ARPG type thing since Dungeon Siege and a large chunk of TitanQuest and I'd forgotten how compelling the constant drive for loot becomes along with the almost hypnotic WHACK WHACK WHACK noise of my weapons. A quick hours play quickly becomes 3-4 hours before I realise it.

I chose Barbarian to start with. Happy enough so far at Level 15, seem to have a good mix of skills and some decent enough weapons to make the killing fun rather than a backtracking chore. Only playing on Normal though which is probably why I've yet to die.

Not sure how this Nemesis thing works though, one popped up last night that had apparently killed a guy on my friends list, so I kicked its arse (took a while, lots of glugging health potions and judicious rolling) and then had a load of presents in my inventory for my friend. Which I sent but no idea what they were, where they came from or why.

ldcommando

Banned
3 random comments:

- I used to complain about not getting invaded by nemesis. Well, the game heard me and now I´m getting a nemesis per rift. It´s everytime. I think the last 20 or so rifts I did had nemesis on them. And by the way it´s always the same fucking monster. How can everybody in my friend list die to the same fucking monster.

- Kadala hates me. I´ve already spent a fuck ton of shards on her and did not a get a single piece of usable gear. And she trolls me saying "its a nice paperweight". Fuck you, bitch.

- What the deal with powerful wizards? Every fucking wizard I played with it´s a fucking destroyer of worlds. I don´t even need to check the guys gear, if he is a wizard I know he is going to enter the rift and fucking melt everything. Cheap ass fucks.

StUnNeR H2K

So I didn't even play last night, but hoped on to check my mail. Four legendary items from people on my friends list... Love those free legendary items! (Only one was an upgrade for me)

Xyphie

Diablo 3 is soooooo goood. I'm enjoying the crap out of this game.

Btw, any advice on how I should spend my Paragon points if I want a max DPS Crusader.

Strength > Crit chance > Crit damage, is that correct?

Core: Movement speed until you have 25% together with gear then STR.
Attack: CD reduction, CHD, CC, Attack speed in that order.
Defense: All res, armor, % life
Utility: Resource cost, Life on Hit, Area damage

Is generally how you want to go for non-crap builds.

Saganator

I've yet to receive a gift. I only have about 15 GAF'ers on my list, though. My friend said he's sent me a couple, but nothing has come =[

Kyoufu

3 random comments:

- I used to complain about not getting invaded by nemesis. Well, the game heard me and now I´m getting a nemesis per rift. It´s everytime. I think the last 20 or so rifts I did had nemesis on them. And by the way it´s always the same fucking monster. How can everybody in my friend list die to the same fucking monster.

The Nemesis only has one model.

Baliis

- What the deal with powerful wizards? Every fucking wizard I played with it´s a fucking destroyer of worlds. I don´t even need to check the guys gear, if he is a wizard I know he is going to enter the rift and fucking melt everything. Cheap ass fucks.

Wizard is strong, but they never really go crazy. They don't have a leapquake, holy shotgun, jade harvested build like barb/cru/wd do that increase their power like crazy once you get the right pieces. They just kinda grow steadily, then fall off in strength once the other classes are running their awesome builds.

Except monks, poor poor know monks.

ced

I'm couch co-oping this and we're midway through the second act...and neither of us have died more than once. We're playing on normal. Is this...normal? When does the challenge ramp up? Is it imperative we beat the game once on normal or should we just up the difficulty now?

We're playing on hard and it has not been bad in the first act, you can always adjust it anytime.

Wizard is strong, but they never really go crazy. They don't have a leapquake, holy shotgun, jade harvested build like barb/cru/wd do that increase their power like crazy once you get the right pieces. They just kinda grow steadily, then fall off in strength once the other classes are running their awesome builds.

Except monks, poor poor know monks.

Is the monk not viable end game?

I'm playing a monk :(

Samus4145

The last 5 gifts have been split between the same two people. You lucky SOBs. Hopefully it was an upgrade.

My horror Nemesis story involves a full party match where everyone else went to town and I stayed in the dungeon right before a boss.

*Horns go off*

FUCK...

I'm enjoying Diablo III on my PS3 a great deal. This is my first Diablo game and I'm playing Witch Doctor on Expert difficulty.

I'd like to think I know my way around games and I appreciate there's a lot of detail to take in on Diablo III. But there's some basics (mostly the interface) which I'm struggling to understand and haven't been able to find an answer to via Google or the D3 sites and fan sites.

Could anyone explain the following - or point me to where I can get answers?

Some context:
I'm a level 30 Witch Doctor. Killed a boss and The Stranger has just remembered who he is. The Templar is my companion. I've yet to die in the game.

1) Reviewing my invetory - items tend to have three characteristics with either up or down arrows to convey their worth against your currently equipped item. As a Witch Doctor, the symbols for my items characterisics are a little sword, a little shield and a plus symbol (+).

What characteristic is the plus symbol representing?

2) In game, my interface sits at the lower left of the screen. I can see my EXP bar to see when I'm about to level up.

Sometimes I see a small triangular notch at a (seemingly random) point overlaid on the EXP bar.

What does this triangular marker mean?

3) Yellow Experience cauldrons. I'm unclear what purpose they serve. I think this is something about harvesting experience that will come into play during a game event (such as player death).

What purpose do these cauldron / EXP pools serve?

4) Some items have a dye as one of their characteristic. I'm assuming this is something I can use to decorate my banner with. When I have the item, the corresponding name of the dye is not available to me whilst editing my banner. When I salvage the item, I don't appear to extract any dye either.

How can I make use of the dye characteristic some items have?

Thank you so much!

1) "Extra Stats", I believe. Things like bonus XP per kill.

2) Marks your bonus EXP pool from #3.

3) You get way more experience for the duration of the cauldron - indicated by #2. If you die you lose the bonus pool.

4) Just indicates what colour the item has been dyed by armor dye - nothing to do with banners

ringlord

Yeah. I think so.

I just wonder if I'm being impatient but the numbers in the builder thread don't lie.

Right now my experience doesn't feel that much different than playing vanilla.

You might be a little impatient at level 20. I've received 8-10 legendaries and had 4-5 nemisis encounters in about 8 hours of play. Level 39 on XB1.

I've been wondering... I see folks show up as followers of me on XB1 due to adding me as a friend, but they aren't my friend until I add them too. So what happens if I don't add them? Will they send me legendaries, but I won't send them any? How does this work exactly?

fwpx

Anyone have a fun crusader build they enjoy? I'm tired of what i've been using.

I have a lot of +holy dmg gear, so that'd be my preferred rune type. I have a decent 1h and an amazing 2h. Shield is good too.

X-Frame

How the hell are those rotating lasers so powerful? I can run through Master without any difficulty nearing the end of Act 5 and those have been my only real issues since Act 1.

Do I need Arcane resistance?

Surge

So a couple friends were nice enough to run me through a couple T5 rifts last night..I of course spent most of the time running away from enemies.

Spent almost 400 blood shards and got 1 legendary out of it..damn you Kadala.

SDCowboy

How the hell are those rotating lasers so powerful? I can run through Master without any difficulty nearing the end of Act 5 and those have been my only real issues since Act 1.

Do I need Arcane resistance?

Wait till you start running torment. I can be surrounded by mobs and be fine, but a couple lasers hit me and I'm dead before I can react. lol

Petrie

Banned
Looking to keep filling out that PS4 friends list! My monk is just starting to survive on Torment 1, though I'm not finding even decent gear still sadly!

PSN ID: PetriesLastWord

Add me? Please?

Dahbomb

One Legendary for 500 shards is about the standard from Kadala if you are rolling Armor pieces. Chance of Legendary is 1% although it's a bit higher than 1 (somewhere between 1 and 2).

Top Bottom