• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

SDCowboy

One Legendary for 500 shards is about the standard from Kadala if you are rolling Armor pieces. Chance of Legendary is 1% although it's a bit higher than 1 (somewhere between 1 and 2).

I was lucky and got both of my Akkhan set pieces from her.

mindsale

Hit 70 with my Monk before work this morning. Rather than press forward and try to gear her up I think I'm going to work on my 42 Witch Doctor.

Saganator

Geez, haha. I don't like crazy random difficulty spikes like that, maybe they're not working as intended?

I honestly don't find the laser things to be THAT deadly in Torment. They're mainly just annoying. The only time I've had issues with the lasers is when 3-4 spawn right by me and I don't notice them in time. Maybe people who get killed by them all the time don't have enough resistances for the difficulty they're playing in.

Surge

Also starting up HC mode again tonight with a Crusader I think.

Tips on if that's a good choice or should I roll with a different class?

Petrie

Banned
Also starting up HC mode again tonight with a Crusader I think.

Tips on if that's a good choice or should I roll with a different class?

I'm kinda wondering what class would be good for HC as well.

I was thinking WD since I mained it on PC and played it almost exclusively, so I feel like it'd be a new spin on my old favorite now that my main is a Monk.

But maybe WD is a poor first HC choice?

Is there a list of PS4 IDs for this game anyone here made? Not really interested in co-oping but just want to have people on my list playing this game lol. I'll add some I see in recent pages.

Aces&Eights

Started playing yesterday and ran torment 1 solo as I was waiting for a friend to finish eating. Had some new gear for my Crusader paragon level 5. Was doing a bounty in Act I and was holding my own quite nicely! Then...HARRRRRMP! Oh fuck me. HARRRRRMP! Please no! I'm out in the middle of the woods all by myself! Sigh. Controller shakes I see red. Dead five seconds later. Goddamn nemesis.

Saganator

nice thanks!

Also I feel kind of lucky. I get legendaries and gifts left and right it seems (way more than I ever did in vanilla). I've gifted the same person on my PSN list like 4 times in a day. I want to spread the love.

Then add me, cuz I haven't got shit for gifts. PSN Trucido-

-PXG-

IFSahzR.jpg

I switch between both but which one should I use?

Omnicent

I honestly don't find the laser things to be THAT deadly in Torment. They're mainly just annoying. The only time I've had issues with the lasers is when 3-4 spawn right by me and I don't notice them in time. Maybe people who get killed by them all the time don't have enough resistances for the difficulty they're playing in.

Arcane lasers aren't bad alone (even multiple of them), but for instance...
Lasers + Wallers + Rime as a RG. First attempt in T3 a few days ago... cleared rift in 15 min, but man was it butt clenching touph (and my sader was still in BiS Rares + wraps. Fire starter sustain damage is about the only way I finished it lol. Get everything on fire, and then run away scared kite).

Though I guess the issue in my case was more of Rime than arcane lasers.

Finally getting out of my rares now, got Jerkangbord, but the hunt for the Foote continues (hopefully today... pls rngesus)

SDCowboy

The problem is there are too many encounters where, like, 5-6 of them get popped at once and then that's typically all she wrote. lol

Aces&Eights

Whichever one you don't use, I'll take =]

Probably use Blackguard, but hard to say, the Baleful perk sounds pretty sweet, and it might edge out Blackguard if you have any + holy dmg % stats.

My current weapon only does 1800 base damage but it has additional 1507 holy damage, gives me bigger hammers and does 20% more blessed hammer damage. Then I have the passive that does 15% more blessed hammer damage so it's hard to give up. I think I might have something though you can use. Add me on psn and I'll send you anything I'm not using. BeOneWithTheGun.

Edit. Make sure to say you are from gaff and reference you need Crusader gear so I don't just add you and forget you are the guy who needs gear lol.

HGStormy

Banned
Joined a gang of people running a T6 rift and just kind of ran around dodging enemies the whole time. Found my first set item too! For some reason all the legendaries I'm finding are total crap.
How the hell are those rotating lasers so powerful? I can run through Master without any difficulty nearing the end of Act 5 and those have been my only real issues since Act 1.

Do I need Arcane resistance?
I was just thinking this. It's like the only thing that can mess me up

Saganator

My current weapon only does 1800 base damage but it has additional 1507 holy damage, gives me bigger hammers and does 20% more blessed hammer damage. Then I have the passive that does 15% more blessed hammer damage so it's hard to give up. I think I might have something though you can use. Add me on psn and I'll send you anything I'm not using. BeOneWithTheGun.

I'm going to add you, but I'm not desperate for gear or anything, our DPS number is pretty close. My weapon just isn't as cool as yours. It would be nice to not have an empty mail box, though.

So can anyone playing on Xbox One comment on their nemesis or legendary rates?

The discussion in this thread is overwhelmingly about the PS4 version. I really want to know what Xbox One players are experiencing before I make the switch to PS4.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
3 random comments:

- I used to complain about not getting invaded by nemesis. Well, the game heard me and now I´m getting a nemesis per rift. It´s everytime. I think the last 20 or so rifts I did had nemesis on them. And by the way it´s always the same fucking monster. How can everybody in my friend list die to the same fucking monster.

- Kadala hates me. I´ve already spent a fuck ton of shards on her and did not a get a single piece of usable gear. And she trolls me saying "its a nice paperweight". Fuck you, bitch.

- What the deal with powerful wizards? Every fucking wizard I played with it´s a fucking destroyer of worlds. I don´t even need to check the guys gear, if he is a wizard I know he is going to enter the rift and fucking melt everything. Cheap ass fucks.

There's a way to check gear on console?

xray49er

The discussion in this thread is overwhelmingly about the PS4 version. I really want to know what Xbox One players are experiencing before I make the switch to PS4.

They seem about the same as the ps4 I had about 5 or 6 nemesis overall maybe 1 or two more. Legendaries seem to drop often I usually play in about 2 hour increments and I usually get 1 or 2 legendary drops in that time. Also the mail system is incredible every time I log on I usually have about 6 legendary waiting for me. most of the time I cant use them but it is nice that they are there. I am a level 58 barbarian almost done with actV

They seem about the same as the ps4 I had about 5 or 6 nemesis overall maybe 1 or two more. Legendaries seem to drop often I usually play in about 2 hour increments and I usually get 1 or 2 legendary drops in that time. Also the mail system is incredible every time I log on I usually have about 6 legendary waiting for me. most of the time I cant use them but it is nice that they are there. I am a level 58 barbarian almost done with actV

Thanks.

Might just be my friend base then. I guess it's safe to stick with the Xbox One version.

Einhandr

I'm at work so I can't check, but does anyone know if the stats on a legacy SoJ can be rerolled? I transferred one from vanilla that has holy damage that I want to use on my Crusader, however it's for a Wizard so id like to reroll the resource stat on it if possible.

Late Flag

I played through the PS3 version a few times, but now that I've reached Act 3 on PS4 I'm really appreciating how much better this version is. There are sooooo many enemies on screen and it's so satisfying to rack up 50+ killstreaks. Can't wait to finish the campaign and open up bounties, rifts, etc.

Swangod

Neo Member

Hey fellas. First comment. Mainly just a reader.

Anyways - I'm an Xbox One payer and I lvl 70'd my wizard on Monday, and played Adventure mode with randoms for about 4 hours (on Monday) and received 3 legendary items in either bounties or rifts. Found a sword called Maximus (or something) that spawns demon beast that is chained to it. I'm having a great time playing... especially with former PC players. I always appreciate the tips.

Evil Beaver

Monk is my favorite class: (

Me too, been playing on Expert since day 1 and I've only died a few times. When playing co-op I notice that others just obliterate enemies without much effort. All I can really do is fly around the room using Dashing Strike and apply exploding palm for collateral kills.

Still having a blast though. Karate is love, karate is life.

Dubz

OK the easy part is over. Now that I've unlocked Adventure mode I'm realizing my Crusader is pretty under powered. I've only got 145K of DPS, and my Vitality and Life Regen aren't much better.

My question is this. Where's the best place to farm in Adventure Mode?

Hammer24

Banned

I get 4-5 legendaries from GAFers every day. About 2-3 nemesis per play session. Legendary drops about the same, 2-3 per play session. LVL63, solo´d.

OK the easy part is over. Now that I've unlocked Adventure mode I'm realizing my Crusader is pretty under powered. I've only got 145K of DPS, and my Vitality and Life Regen aren't much better.

Granted I don't know what I'm talking about, do the objectives in the areas with bonuses. Then do rifts when you have enough keys. Rinse and repeat.

Aces&Eights

Any Act is good. If you want good gear you need to bump it up to Torment. It sucks and its hard but doable. That is where the good stuff lies. I just turtle peek bounties and can survive. I move reeeeally slow, get one monster on screen and kill it, rinse and repeat. Don't rush in.

Also, pray you do not get a Nemesis. They will wreck you on Torment. In about 3.2 seconds.

Does anyone else have a great legendary drop rate?

I'm only Lvl 36 now so the Legendaries are all low Lvl but the other day I got 4 Legendaru drops in a hour and yesterday I got 2 maybe three and a fellow gaffer was kind enough to in game mail me a Lvl 47 two handed legendary sword.

I've been mailing out Legendary equipment a lot since starting this game and get confused whenever I see some one say they hardly get any legends at all. I thought we all have the same fixed legend drop rate?

How the hell are those rotating lasers so powerful? I can run through Master without any difficulty nearing the end of Act 5 and those have been my only real issues since Act 1.

Do I need Arcane resistance?
It seems we all have an Achilles Heel, as ground-based attacks are the only thing that have ever given me trouble. Puddles of poison, rivers of lava, rotating magic death lasers… All of that stuff makes short work of me, but it seems like I can laugh off regular attacks all day long. =/

Edit: Maybe I need nicer boots or something.

Top Bottom