• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Thinking of using Steed Charge. Died 4 or so times in my playthrough so far, all of them when I've been surrounded by enemies with no way out.

Have a Legendary weapon that buffs Fist of the Heavens by giving it a 60% chance to land on me as well as the target, but I don't like that ability :(

IF you want good gear you need to bump it up to Torment. It sucks and its hard but doable. That is where the good stuff lies. I just turtle peek bounties and can survive. I move reeeeally slow, get one monster on screen and kill it, rinse and repeat. Don't rush in.

Also, pray you do not get a Nemesis. They will wreck you on Troment. In about 3.2 seconds.
Idk if that's a great idea lol. Could work but tbh the best thing I think for him to do is to join parties on torment. You'll kinda be carried for a little bit but once those awesome legendarys start dropping!

Aces&Eights

Idk if that's a great idea lol. Could work but tbh the best thing I think for him to do is to join parties on torment. You'll kinda be carried for a little bit but once those awesome legendarys start dropping!

Agreed. If you have the buddies to play with coop is a must. I was thinking he was doing it solo for some reason.

However, Torment 1 is doable for a level 70 and between 5-15 Paragon. You just have to be smart. If it gets tough, warp back and heal. As long as you don't quit the game the dead enemies stay dead. I got a bad ass shield last night doing it solo in Act 1 and two legendary items. A helm that is wicked and a belt. All 3 items on one Act 1 bounty. Took me about 20 minutes. Yes, I was scared....

I get 4-5 legendaries from GAFers every day. About 2-3 nemesis per play session. Legendary drops about the same, 2-3 per play session. LVL63, solo´d.

I guess I just need to pad my friend's list even more. I will take another pass in the Friend builder thread.

Swangod

Neo Member
I get 4-5 legendaries from GAFers every day. About 2-3 nemesis per play session. Legendary drops about the same, 2-3 per play session. LVL63, solo´d.

This is what I meant to say. I'm getting about 2-3 legendaries per session on Xbox One. Haven't fought a nemesis yet.

Aces&Eights

This is what I meant to say. I'm getting about 2-3 legendaries per session on Xbox One. Haven't fought a nemesis yet.

Be careful what you wish for, lol. I hadn't seen a Nemesis and was kind of taunting the game and talking smack about it then got one last night. Jesus, I died in less than 5 seconds.

EDIT: I wish there was a fast way to warn your online friends that you just got wrecked by one and that it's coming for them.

Respect

It seems we all have an Achilles Heel, as ground-based attacks are the only thing that have ever given me trouble. Puddles of poison, rivers of lava, rotating magic death lasers… All of that stuff makes short work of me, but it seems like I can laugh off regular attacks all day long. =/

Edit: Maybe I need nicer boots or something.

The arcane lasers are rough, but I can sometimes dance around them and still fight...but the frost nova's are ridiculous, when you have 3 or 4 elites with the ability, it just constant frost nova's, makes the fights a chore, can't stand that ability.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Thinking of using Steed Charge. Died 4 or so times in my playthrough so far, all of them when I've been surrounded by enemies with no way out.

Have a Legendary weapon that buffs Fist of the Heavens by giving it a 60% chance to land on me as well as the target, but I don't like that ability :(

Steed Charge is nearly mandatory on any crusader build. It's a fantastic mobility skill, for the reasons you pointed it. And it speeds up bounties :)

That legendary you mention is one of the best Crusader weapons you can get (if you have the other gear to use it). I use it daily.

Kak.efes

Picked up a legendary called the Stalgrad Decimator yesterday. I feel like I'm cutting through butter now at 44 (expert difficulty).

Does it make sense to save identifying legendaries for level 70? Do unidentified legendaries scale with your level?

Me too, been playing on Expert since day 1 and I've only died a few times. When playing co-op I notice that others just obliterate enemies without much effort. All I can really do is fly around the room using Dashing Strike and apply exploding palm for collateral kills.

Still having a blast though. Karate is love, karate is life.

What build are you using?

I got a nice lightning damage build going, got lucky with some +19% lightning damage bracers.

OmegaDL50

I honestly don't find the laser things to be THAT deadly in Torment. They're mainly just annoying. The only time I've had issues with the lasers is when 3-4 spawn right by me and I don't notice them in time. Maybe people who get killed by them all the time don't have enough resistances for the difficulty they're playing in.

A particularly annoying combo is when Elite's have an affix for both Nightmarish and Arcane.

Not much worse to get feared losing control of your character and he forcibly walks into an Arcane Laser and you can't do anything but have enough resist for both Arcane and controlling effects.

Blizzard apparently made it so certain Affixes are impossible to be together, Although I don't know which ones those were.

I think one of the most annoying combos would be "Nightmarish, Frozen, Arcane, Waller"

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
A particularly annoying combo is when Elite's have an affix for both Nightmarish and Arcane.

Not much worse to get feared losing control of your character and he forcibly walks into an Arcane Laser and you can't do anything but have enough resist for both Arcane and controlling effects.

Blizzard apparently made it so certain Affixes are impossible to be together, Although I don't know which ones those were.

I think one of the most annoying combos would be "Nightmarish, Frozen, Arcane, Waller"

At release in inferno, the game would throw such ridiculous combos at you that some were nearly impossible to beat. Thank god they were nerfed.

Maybesew

I was gonna start a new character on hardcore this morning, but I couldn't find the option to set it to hardcore. Anyone know where it is in the UI/menu?

So can anyone playing on Xbox One comment on their nemesis or legendary rates?

The discussion in this thread is overwhelmingly about the PS4 version. I really want to know what Xbox One players are experiencing before I make the switch to PS4.

I have a lot of friends currently playing, so I usually have 3-4 legendaires in my inbox every day.

Plus im not even done act 5 and get at least 2-3 every play through.

At release in inferno, the game would throw such ridiculous combos at you that some were nearly impossible to beat. Thank god they were nerfed.

Truth. The high level combos in vanilla D3 were infuriating. It made the game no fun. I'm just wrapping up Act 5 on Master difficulty but so far I haven't encountered anything that makes me rage quit.

Abylim

Putting out there for any hardcore players, I have most of the highest level gems if anyone needs them.

Just need a monk and barbarian at 70 for my plat now :O

HGStormy

Banned
Nemesis show up at the worst times. Trying to fight a rift guardian and 2 elites and one shows up -_-

Have yet to get a single item in my mailbox ):

I just hit 70 with my monk last night. I dig him, I'm not worried if he's underpowered at the extreme end of min-max'ing.

I only played a bit with Tempest Rush but I see some people like it a lot. I think I may try it out but it's a spirit drain-- will need to figure out how to mitigate that if I go that route.

Number45

I found a huge sword last night that was a massive upgrade, and as a bonus it fires out an axe with all melee attacks which reminds me of my vanilla barb with frenzy + sidecar. <3

Loving the crusader.

The discussion in this thread is overwhelmingly about the PS4 version. I really want to know what Xbox One players are experiencing before I make the switch to PS4.
I'm level 55 now and I've had two gifts, sent two gifts and seen no nemesis on PS4 if that helps. I have a few people online on my friends list when I'm playing usually.

I assume it's just random.

Is anyone else having trouble with online play at the moment? I can sign into PSN without issues and browse the store but when I start diablo it won't load the list of friends playing and then "An error has occured. (NP-36147-1)"

This is the first time I've had issues playing online (except for the DDOS incident)

X-Frame

Is anyone else having trouble with online play at the moment? I can sign into PSN without issues and browse the store but when I start diablo it won't load the list of friends playing and then "An error has occured. (NP-36147-1)"

This is the first time I've had issues playing online (except for the DDOS incident)

I think PSN is undergoing maintenance right now.

Surge

I'm kinda wondering what class would be good for HC as well.

I was thinking WD since I mained it on PC and played it almost exclusively, so I feel like it'd be a new spin on my old favorite now that my main is a Monk.

But maybe WD is a poor first HC choice?

I'm actually going back and forth on my decision between a Crusader or WD.

I see quite a few people running with WD's on normal, hard, etc. mode and I really like some of the powers that the class has.

Evil Beaver

What build are you using?

I got a nice lightning damage build going, got lucky with some +19% lightning damage bracers.

I'm level 38 and on PS4 so I can't look it up, but I'll post from memory. I also like to dart around and heal bros who might be low on health.

SKTstd1.png

Question about the Wizards two shield passive abilities. Do they stack together as in that they both use their abilities to make a more absorbing shield.

Dubz

Getting frame drops (PS4) in Adventure mode with 4 players. I'm assuming this is normal. It's not horrible, but it is noticeable.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Agreed. If you have the buddies to play with coop is a must. I was thinking he was doing it solo for some reason.

However, Torment 1 is doable for a level 70 and between 5-15 Paragon. You just have to be smart. If it gets tough, warp back and heal. As long as you don't quit the game the dead enemies stay dead. I got a bad ass shield last night doing it solo in Act 1 and two legendary items. A helm that is wicked and a belt. All 3 items on one Act 1 bounty. Took me about 20 minutes. Yes, I was scared....

If you need to warp back to town to heal then it is to hard. When you are first gearing up turning yellows into something acceptable is by far the fastest way. Example find a ring with 40% crit damage primary stat and couple junk stats. Reroll the junk stat to crit hit chance. Much better off on master or expert making bounty runs quickly to get more yellow drops and cash for rerolls. Once you get a few basic upgrades then go after torment. It is all about killing fast as possible. More monsters dead = better chance at loot. I could probably do T4 but if I can do T3 twice as fast I will get more money and gear from T3. The extra drop rate does not make up for slow killing.

Dubz

If you need to warp back to town to heal then it is to hard. When you are first gearing up turning yellows into something acceptable is by far the fastest way. Example find a ring with 40% crit damage primary stat and couple junk stats. Reroll the junk stat to crit hit chance. Much better off on master or expert making bounty runs quickly to get more yellow drops and cash for rerolls. Once you get a few basic upgrades then go after torment. It is all about killing fast as possible. More monsters dead = better chance at loot. I could probably do T4 but if I can do T3 twice as fast I will get more money and gear from T3. The extra drop rate does not make up for slow killing.

How do you re roll gear? Also some guy dropped me some green items. How do I make green items. My Artisan is fully leveled.

quest

Not Banned from OT
OK the easy part is over. Now that I've unlocked Adventure mode I'm realizing my Crusader is pretty under powered. I've only got 145K of DPS, and my Vitality and Life Regen aren't much better.

My question is this. Where's the best place to farm in Adventure Mode?

Act 1 do the 5 bounties get a cache with a chance at a ring of royal grander. Then quit out and do it again. In no time you will get some upgrades by turning yellows into something solid via enchanting. Then you can add in rifts once you can do T1 comfortably.

How do you re roll gear? Also some guy dropped me some green items. How do I make green items. My Artisan is fully leveled.

Re-roll gear with the Mystic. She can transmogrify items and change their appearance, too. Green items are Set items, you need to have plans to craft them yourself.

abundant

1) Use the Mystic to re roll gear. You can only re roll one stat, but you can do it over and over provided you have enough materials/money

2) Green items are Set Pieces.

Green items are Set items, you need to have plans to craft them yourself
Not all Sets can be crafted.

quest

Not Banned from OT

Green items are legendary with properties for wearing a certain number of the set. She is the artisan with the huge boobs that lets you re-roll 1 stat on an item. You can use square to see possible re-roll possibilities on each stat.

Isurus

I have a level 62 Witch Doctor and typically play with one or two of my buddies a night. I've been getting two to three legendary drops a night playing for 2-3 hrs at a time.

TRios Zen

Hahaha same experience. Drives me nuts! Can't stop playing though. Could it be that magic find %?

My string of bad luck continued last night. Friend dropped 4 legendaries, including a kick ass sword and 2 greens (neither of which he liked - boo hoo) to my 1. A @#$ing belt that was barely better than the rare I had equipped. WTF.

I checked his Magic Find% vs mine and there was like a 1% difference...in MY FAVOR.

So frustrating.

I spent about 250-300 blood shards on pants and never got a legendary. Is that normal?

I've spent about 200 shards so far and gotten exactly jack shit of worth.

I'm level 55 now and I've had two gifts, sent two gifts and seen no nemesis on PS4 if that helps. I have a few people online on my friends list when I'm playing usually.

I assume it's just random.

That's crazy that you've ran into no nemesis. I run into a few every time I play. I've also probably received like 20 gifts (had 8 Monday night after having not played all weekend). I did fill up my friends list with gaffers, though. PS4, BTW.

DiscoDave

This game must be selling well on ps4 it's the first game I have come across in my town that's utterly sold out every where I do mean everywhere also in the small town next to me.

Einhandr

So I learned a few new things today about re-rolling that I thought I'd share:

Stats up top are primary stats, stats under the horizontal line on an item are secondary stats.

Elemental resistances are considered secondary, All Resist is considered primary.

If an item already has an elemental resist as a secondary, it is impossible to re-roll a primary stat to All Resist.

Lernaean

Banned
Hey fellas. First comment. Mainly just a reader.

Anyways - I'm an Xbox One payer and I lvl 70'd my wizard on Monday, and played Adventure mode with randoms for about 4 hours (on Monday) and received 3 legendary items in either bounties or rifts. Found a sword called Maximus (or something) that spawns demon beast that is chained to it. I'm having a great time playing... especially with former PC players. I always appreciate the tips.

If you wanna have a laugh, when you play solo take the enchantress with you and give her Maximus. Especially if you playing a ranged class, this demon will be the best tank you'll ever have.

Top Bottom