• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

So I learned a few new things today about re-rolling that I thought I'd share:

Stats up top are primary stats, stats under the horizontal line on an item are secondary stats.

Elemental resistances are considered secondary, All Resist is considered primary.

If an item already has an elemental resist as a secondary, it is impossible to re-roll a primary stat to All Resist.

I shall make a mental note of this when I start re-rolling. Thanks.

Number45

That's crazy that you've ran into no nemesis. I run into a few every time I play. I've also probably received like 20 gifts (had 8 Monday night after having not played all weekend). I did fill up my friends list with gaffers, though. PS4, BTW.
Yeah, I have a few people online but not a massive amount. I've been adding people from the FL builder thread today a few at a time, hopefully that'll help.

Thaty said, I still haven't died (this isn't my first time playing, but my first with RoS) just starting act 4 (expert all the way). It'd be nice to get all the way to 70 without dying! Closest I came was a pack of blues and a yellow the other day who walled and arcane lasered me... when I realised I didn't have my shield equipped. Must have equipped a 2H without heavenly strength enabled at some point. :eek:

I asked a few pages back (apologies if I missed an answer)

What is the point of the damage type on weapons (Fire, Lightning, etc)? I can't figure what it's purpose is, as elemental + damage only affects elemental damage from skills.

I am most likely doing something wrong, but I have no idea what I should pick for both the blacksmith and the gem crafter to train them. Does it make a difference?

What is the point of the damage type on weapons (Fire, Lightning, etc)? I can't figure what it's purpose is, as elemental + damage only affects elemental damage from skills.
It's so you can have bonuses towards your skills and other equipment AFAIK. A helm with 20% poison damage. A shield with poison, skills with poison etc

I am most likely doing something wrong, but I have no idea what I should pick for both the blacksmith and the gem crafter to train them. Does it make a difference?

I'd be interested too, I trained em and just picked random things to get em up there, hope that doesn't come back to bite me

No point, really. You know how when you run out of your resource and when you try to use a skill, you end up just swinging your weapon? That's a normal attack, and that gets the elemental damage. If all other stats on your weapon are good, you can re-roll the damage type to get bigger numbers.

I'd be interested too, I trained em and just picked random things to get em up there, hope that doesn't come back to bite me

You actually don't get to choose, the list of items shown are what the smith/jeweler will learn when you level him up, i.e. you learn all of them, even though you're allowed to cycle through the list.

Respect

Full health? Check. Sweet pack-o-mobs to burn down? Check. Run in, start killi...

"I NEED HEA.."- Dead

It's funny because it's true. More than a couple times I've gone from full/near full health to dead with no idea what the hell had just happened, and I'm not standing in any environmental damage spots as far as I could tell.

Anyone have a thunderfury they wana sell or trade? Message me psn KGoogle

Thunderfury is in D3?? Hmmm, hope the loot gods favor me in the near future. (And thanks for the legendary gifts friend, think I've gotten the most from you.)

Number45

I've just taught them every available recipe. Don't think it matters much until you hit max level, but knowing everything at least gives you a good chance of being able to craft something useful for an alt.

It's funny because it's true. More than a couple times I've gone from full/near full health to dead with no idea what the hell had just happened, and I'm not standing in any environmental damage spots as far as I could tell.

This happening is just a matter of when, not if. It's why I don't play my HC char.

How many of you salvaged every piece of gear you outgrew or didn't need while leveling? How many of you store stuff in the stash for other toons?

Number45

How many of you salvaged every piece of gear you outgrew or didn't need while leveling? How many of you store stuff in the stash for other toons?
I've sold everything on this run, will probably salvage next time out (although I might forego crafting at lower levels completely, in which case what do I need the mats for?). The only thing I've saved is my battle.net link ring (because I think you only get one) and one of my legendary gifts to see if it's true that it will be a level 70 when I identify it.

I upgraded my stash to the max. I keep a lot of gear for new characters and some legendaries/sets for collecting's sake. Whenever I get a level 70 item that has super high level reduction, i definitely hold onto it. They help a lot for leveling new characters.

I've sold everything on this run, will probably salvage next time out (although I might forego crafting at lower levels completely, in which case what do I need the mats for?). The only thing I've saved is my battle.net link ring (because I think you only get one) and one of my legendary gifts to see if it's true that it will be a level 70 when I identify it.

I have way too many mats lol, I'm so focused on pushing through to 70 that I just hit salvage for almost everything even though I keep finding upgrades through drops and not crafting

This game is completely different without the auction house

Atkison04

I upgraded my stash to the max. I keep a lot of gear for new characters and some legendaries/sets for collecting's sake. Whenever I get a level 70 item that has super high level reduction, i definitely hold onto it. They help a lot for leveling new characters.

How do you upgrade your stash famicom? My stash is full already :(

How do you upgrade your stash famicom? My stash is full already :(

On PS4, press L3 when you're in the stash menu. You'll get a message confirming that you want to upgrade your stash for so much gold (It gets expensive).

Edit- Was it Square? Either way, it'll say at the bottom which button to press.

Atkison04

Have to open up stash and press square (ps4). Cost gold to upgrade. Can hold up to 200ish items.

On PS4, press L3 when you're in the stash menu. You'll get a message confirming that you want to upgrade your stash for so much gold (It gets expensive).

Edit- Was it Square? Either way, it'll say at the bottom which button to press.

Thanks fellas, I'll make sure I do that this evening. I always stash weapons/armor if I'm unsure if they are useful down the road.

Number45

If "Resistances will offer other resistances, but a single cannot become an All Resistance, nor will an All Resistance become a single.", what happens when you re-roll all resist? Or can't you?

Thanks fellas, I'll make sure I do that this evening. I always stash weapons/armor if I'm unsure if they are useful down the road.
I think there was a trophy for it in vanilla, if you care about that kind of thing.

If "Resistances will offer other resistances, but a single cannot become an All Resistance, nor will an All Resistance become a single.", what happens when you re-roll all resist? Or can't you?

You can re-roll all resist, and I don't remember what you can get, but it usually might be of the 4 main stats, crit chance (on weapons), socket, +x% life, +armor. Also, possibly +x% damage to y skill. You can always review the possible re-rolls for each affix before choosing what you want to re-roll. When are in the enchant menu, press Square and look at the re-roll list for each affix.

Hm. I'm pretty sure I saw a purple colored drop from a boss a couple of times in Adventure mode. But it's not an item and doesn't appear in my inventory.
What is it? Blood shards?

hydruxo

This game must be selling well on ps4 it's the first game I have come across in my town that's utterly sold out every where I do mean everywhere also in the small town next to me.

Yeah you're not alone, I got the last copy last Wed. at Target, and my buddy went to multiple Gamestops before finding one. I'm glad it's selling well, it's really a great port.

anthym

Neo Member
Long time Diablo player here. Played the original with all of it's hacks and dupes back in the day on AOL dialup. D2 came out when I was in high school and I spent many nights up all night just to do one more cow run or baal run. D3 came out and was fun for a month before I got burned out. The game just didn't have that feel good loot feeling like it's predecessors. When RoS came out it was a whole new game. I came back and played for a few months before all my friends quit and I put it down to wait for the ps4 version.

Holy shit this game is amazing with a controller. it's a completely new experience and I love it. I started with a DH and made it to 70. Something about it though, I didn't care for the class. Not a fan of the skills and how almost every viable build involves sentries. So I decided to start a crusader and go full hammerdin. Brings back good memories on d2 baal runs and destroying everyone in duels. By far the most OP class in d2. In this game, however, it's not very powerful but it's fun so that's what I'm sticking with until I can gear up.

I had an interesting bug happen earlier that I've never experienced in all my time with d3 on pc. I was doing act 2 bounties and one of them was to kill Belial. So i'm in there spamming my lightning hammers, throwing down heavens fury, shield glaring, provoking...you know, fucking him up. This mother fucker gets down to 1 fucking HP and will not die. I'm wailing on his ass for millions of damage and he's looking at me like I'm some noob. What the fuck, I say. I let him kill me thinking the game is glitches out so I can try again. The same thing happens again! I don't know what's causing that bug but I will not be fighting belial again.

Baliis

I had an interesting bug happen earlier that I've never experienced in all my time with d3 on pc. I was doing act 2 bounties and one of them was to kill Belial. So i'm in there spamming my lightning hammers, throwing down heavens fury, shield glaring, provoking...you know, fucking him up. This mother fucker gets down to 1 fucking HP and will not die. I'm wailing on his ass for millions of damage and he's looking at me like I'm some noob. What the fuck, I say. I let him kill me thinking the game is glitches out so I can try again. The same thing happens again! I don't know what's causing that bug but I will not be fighting belial again.

For anyone else who encounters this, it's because you have a skill or item that's trying to move him. Anything like condemn (vacuum) or Ess of Johan will bug him out and make him unkillable.

Fyi I kept a gift from around lvl 20 til I got to 70 and it was in fact a lvl 70 legendary.

1) "Extra Stats", I believe. Things like bonus XP per kill.

2) Marks your bonus EXP pool from #3.

3) You get way more experience for the duration of the cauldron - indicated by #2. If you die you lose the bonus pool.

4) Just indicates what colour the item has been dyed by armor dye - nothing to do with banners

Thank you!

(How did you learn this stuff??!)

Thanks. I'm trying to find something that says "If you reroll on X, you'll get x, y or z". Like, if I reroll on +30% to gold, what are my options?

Ah, I've been looking for a list online, but have had no luck so far. Like I stated a few posts up, you can always inspect a skill to see a list of possible re-rolls. I'm still Googling for a list, but I did found these, which may be helpful in considering what to roll for:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12163546341

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12428523195

EDIT-

Found a site listing all possible affixes for each item url]http://wireframewebsolutions.com/d3affix/[/url]

HORRORSHØW

Thanks. I'm trying to find something that says "If you reroll on X, you'll get x, y or z". Like, if I reroll on +30% to gold, what are my options?

on the ps4, if you press square while highlighting the choices, you'll see a list of what it can be rerolled into.

Number45

Fyi I kept a gift from around lvl 20 til I got to 70 and it was in fact a lvl 70 legendary.
Cool, thanks. Might as well keep them all for now, given that I'm not struggling at all with the current difficulty. Hopefully master when I get to act 5 will make it more interesting.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Grimløck;127474073 said:
on the ps4, if you press square while highlighting the choices, you'll see a list of what it can be rerolled into.

MIND BLOWN

Thanks!

Just did my first set of bounties on Torment 1 (stuck to Act 1) and outside of 2 Champion mobs spawning together and having to vault and weave around them like a madman I think I did ok with it. I figured I may as well start the grind for better gear sooner or later.

Vire

I'm getting this "Cannot connect to the server cannot verify license" nonsense for my digital version of D3 and of course PSN is down.

What a piece of shit service.

Kyoufu

I'm getting this "Cannot connect to the server cannot verify license" nonsense for my digital version of D3 and of course PSN is down.

What a piece of shit service.

Isn't there maintenance going on right now? Also, set your PS4 account as primary.

Top Bottom