• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

I'm getting this "Cannot connect to the server cannot verify license" nonsense for my digital version of D3 and of course PSN is down.

What a piece of shit service.

Same. And I missed the notification that the PSN was going under maintenance today. That should be a thing presented on your consoles beforehand rather than just having to watch twitter.
Oh well. No games for 6 hours isn't so bad

I've just taught them every available recipe. Don't think it matters much until you hit max level, but knowing everything at least gives you a good chance of being able to craft something useful for an alt.

What confuses me is you get to pick an item or a gem to train them. Does the choice make a difference? if it doens't why offer the choice.

Vire

Isn't there maintenance going on right now? Also, set your PS4 account as primary.

I did set it as primary before, I went to restore licenses but I can't because PSN is down.

Oh well, I guess this is why you don't go digital.

Curufinwe

Can two players in local co-op on the PS4 or Xbone versions look at their inventories at the same time?

If so, does anyone have a screenshot of that?

Grimløck;127474073 said:
on the ps4, if you press square while highlighting the choices, you'll see a list of what it can be rerolled into.

I permanently fucked up like 6 pieces of gear last week before I figured this out, needs to go in the OP or something! I was enchanting secondary resist stats thinking I could get all resists out of them.

JJD

Re rolling stats at the mystic is pure bullshit!

I tried re rolling three pieces of armor and I always got the same shitty choices no matter how many times I tried.

I wanted a helmet with a slot, so I re rolled it 5 times and every single time I had the same fucking options: gold find %, health on orbs and picking up gold and orbs at a longer range! And the stat I didn't like and choose to re roll was exactly picking orbs at a longer range, so I only had 2 choices after all.

If I'm always getting the same options why should I re roll more than once? Actually if I'm only getting absolutely shitty options why re roll at all?

Wasted more than 200K and a lot of Death's Breath on nothing...

Edit: My mystic is at max lvl by the way.

LkPr

I tried re rolling three pieces of armor and I always got the same shitty choices no matter how many times I tried.

I wanted a helmet with a slot, so I re rolled it 5 times and every single time I had the same fucking options: gold find %, health on orbs and picking up gold and orbs at a longer range! And the stat I didn't like and choose to re roll was exactly picking orbs at a longer range, so I only had 2 choices after all.

If I'm always getting the same options why should I re roll more than once? Actually if I'm only getting absolutely shitty options why re roll at all?

I haven't used the mystic at all so i'm curious... was a socket an available option that +orb range could be rolled into?

EDIT: check this post on the D3 forums http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9952565775

Vire

Pro tip, you can cheese the game by shutting off the console if you don't get what you want after 10 tries or so. It won't save your progress by doing a hard shutdown and you'll have all your resources again the next time you boot it up. I wouldn't do it for just Death's Breath's though... those are incredibly common.

I learned this because I did it by accident and lost a roll I had the day prior. The game only seems to checkpoint or save when you change zones.

LkPr

Pro tip, you can cheese the game by shutting off the console if you don't get what you want after 10 tries or so. It won't save your progress by doing a hard shutdown and you'll have all your resources again the next time you boot it up. I wouldn't do it for just Death's Breath's though... those are incredibly common.

I learned this because I did it by accident and lost a roll I had the day prior. The game only seems to checkpoint or save when you change zones.

Do you actually have to shut off the console? Can't you just close the application (on PS4 that is)?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Secondary stats like those cannot be rolled into primary stats like a socket, or main stat, or crit % etc.

Silav101

I have 75 keystones so anyone who wants to join in on some Rifts is welcome to hop in!

PS4, Europe, psn is Silav101.

Lvl70 wizard, can easily do torment 1 or 2, especially if you can facetank a bit for my glass cannon build xD

Navy Bean

I'm in serious need of a legendary weapon for my DH. It just won't drop! Even got a RoRG and SoJ and a bunch of sets including an awesome piece that makes the bolas explode instantly. C'mon RNG gods...

Vire

Do you actually have to shut off the console? Can't you just close the application (on PS4 that is)?
That probably works too, I haven't tried that yet. I was able to get 20% increased fire skill damage on my amulet from the above method. Shit was crazy expensive for each re-roll, forgotten souls and imperial ruby for each one.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
How do you re roll gear? Also some guy dropped me some green items. How do I make green items. My Artisan is fully leveled.
Tell him he is welcome to drop me the Marauder set.

Actually... if anyone here wants to get rid of this stupid and useless set. Just add me on PSN. I will gladly help you!

:p

Einhandr

Socket is a primary stat, the stat you were trying to get rid of was a secondary stat. You can't roll a secondary stat into a primary stat, only a different secondary stat.

Kyoufu

Because if I got the disc of Diablo 3, I'd be able to play the game right now? Instead I'm waiting for authentication from their bullshit servers to play single player.

If you set it to primary, you can play right now. Go to network and disable internet connection.

Aces&Eights

Just disconnect from the internet and you'll be able to play.

Nope. If he or she hasn't set console to primary and verified the license already then you can't launch the game.

Edit: if you set it to primary right now while servers are down down you are SOL because you need to do the initial license verification. Happens to my friend last week when the ddos attacks were happening.

Vire

Just disconnect from the internet and you'll be able to play.

If you set it to primary, you can play right now. Go to network and disable internet connection.

Nope, still locked.

The weird thing is I was able to play just fine offline when the DDOS attacks were happening earlier in the week.

AyWyL7N.jpg

I have the game on ps4 I'm in the eu, I am level 30 wizard, I have my games open all the time and try to quick match join other people but it never seems to work I'm just always playing alone. Any reason why this is? I'm playing on expert and currently half way through act 2

gunstarhero

Just picked this up - I know next to nothing about this game except it has loot and you fight...a lot.

Anyway - any recommendations on the best/fun character class to use? Giant Bomb mentioned Crusader.

Just picked this up - I know next to nothing about this game except it has loot and you fight...a lot.

Anyway - any recommendations on the best/fun character class to use? Giant Bomb mentioned Crusader.

They're all fun. Just decide whether you want to play ranged or melee and then pick the one you think looks the coolest.

Swangod

Neo Member
I have the game on ps4 I'm in the eu, I am level 30 wizard, I have my games open all the time and try to quick match join other people but it never seems to work I'm just always playing alone. Any reason why this is? I'm playing on expert and currently half way through act 2

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess most of the multiplayer is being done in Adventure Mode. After you beat the game you'll be able to do Adventure Mode. I never had a person join my first play through either. I on Xbox One.

check the MP option and open it to all regions. i don't quick match anyone. they usually come to me. that or everyone's going way fast lol i had some guy who was lvl 16 vs my lvl 30 when he joined.

Anyone feel like playing for a bit? I just got my character to level 70 last night and wouldn't mind doing some runs with some gaffers :) I've got pretty good dps but I'm a squishy squishy DH

PSN: davidbloop

Because if I got the disc of Diablo 3, I'd be able to play the game right now? Instead I'm waiting for authentication from their bullshit servers to play single player.
I went digital authenticated my ps4 and I'm able to play it even when ps4 was down Sunday. You sure you authenticated it cause I have no problems playing this digitally

Maaka

Neo Member
Can two players in local co-op on the PS4 or Xbone versions look at their inventories at the same time?

If so, does anyone have a screenshot of that?

Not that I know of. I've been doing 2-3 player local co-op and we have to take turns. It sucks.

edit: I play on PS4.

Nope, still locked.

The weird thing is I was able to play just fine offline when the DDOS attacks were happening earlier in the week.

Yea, there's no way to play digital stuff without verifying online first.

The reason people are able to play online still is because maintenance doesn't (usually) disable online play, just most other PSN features, as long as you've logged in recently after a certain point (August 23 in this case).

check the MP option and open it to all regions. i don't quick match anyone. they usually come to me. that or everyone's going way fast lol i had some guy who was lvl 16 vs my lvl 30 when he joined.

Cheers as soon as I done that someone joined at least but yeah I think maybe people playing first time through aren't on expert or have already sped ahead

RdN

Not that I know of. I've been doing 2-3 player local co-op and we have to take turns. It sucks.

edit: I play on PS4.

And to think that it would be easily solvable with an app for smartphones that let people manage their inventories there. Huge missed opportunity.

And to think that it would be easily solvable with an app for smartphones that let people manage their inventories there. Huge missed opportunity.

Seriously, there is PS4 second screen functionality built into the mobile/tablet app (and Vita I believe), but nothing uses it. Would be perfect for this.

Should be on in about an hour and half. Girlfriend has classes tonight...so Diablo is fair game to binge on this evening.

Doing T1 mostly.

PSN: FiveSixThree edit: ps4

Add me.

Top Bottom