• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Baliis

Grimløck;127487579 said:
just got my third pair of sabatons of akkhan. if anyone wants to trade jordans for them, let me know.

What stats are you looking for? I have a holy soj I could trade, assuming you aren't just making a d2 joke

So, just how important is Magic Find? Early on, I'd hoard +MF gear, thinking it would give me still-better gear, which was basically the true key to success, right? Good drops?

But +MF is becoming harder and hard to find. I'm already down to +64%, and I really wanna use this +25% Arcane necklace I just found, but 18% of the puny(?) MF I have currently comes from my old necklace. :(

So am I right to favor MF above all else, or was all the +MF gear I found early on just to help me get started? +25% damage to every spell I ever cast would be huge — especially since I already have +8% from another piece of gear — but would I be stupid for walking around with only 46% MF? I'm used to having 80% or more.

Kyoufu

So, just how important is Magic Find? Early on, I'd hoard +MF gear, thinking it would give me still-better gear, which was basically the true key to success, right? Good drops?

But +MF is becoming harder and hard to find. I'm already down to +64%, and I really wanna use this +25% Arcane necklace I just found, but 18% of the puny(?) MF I have currently comes from my old necklace. :(

So am I right to favor MF above all else, or was all the +MF gear I found early on just to help me get started? +25% damage to every spell I ever cast would be huge — especially since I already have +8% from another piece of gear — but would I be stupid for walking around with only 46% MF? I'm used to having 80% or more.

Nobody uses MF. It does nothing in RoS.

Begaria

Magic Find is still a thing in the console version? It's been awhile since I've leveled up a low level character, but in the PC version, MF is like non-existent. It's completely replaced by cranking up the difficulty levels and playing with others for higher drop chances of legs/sets.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Magic Find is still a thing in the console version? It's been awhile since I've leveled up a low level character, but in the PC version, MF is like non-existent. It's completely replaced by cranking up the difficulty levels and playing with others for higher drop chances of legs/sets.

MF works the same as in the PC version.

Navy Bean

So, I have a puzzle ring with amazing stats - dex, vit, crit damage and chance, etc so I have to keep wearing it. But, I am so completely over that little damn goblin following me around and squeaking every 30 seconds...lol

Nobody uses MF. It does nothing in RoS.

Ah, guess I shouldn't worry too much about my MF being at +10%

I've actually been getting decent loot

dog$

Hates quality gaming
First and foremost: For Chrissakes, everyone who hasn't already - please post and find names of coplayers from the Friend Builder Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=874529 . This should be posted at the top of every page here. I thank everyone who has added me back so far. I just wish I had more time to be available myself.

I might wait till they patch [split screen inventory view] in because it's really annoying to have so much downtime in local co-op.
I very much doubt that it will ever happen.

It's a very obvious bottleneck and has been since Vanilla, and they had all this time to implement it between then and now, and they haven't. Don't hold your breath.

If it's any consolation, the longer you play the game, the less time you'll actually spend in inventory management. Before 70, there's no point to minmaxing, and once you've got some basic T1 gear equipped and are just waiting for green beams to come, you'll know to blindly salvage everything else.

My string of bad luck continued last night. Friend dropped 4 legendaries, including a kick ass sword and 2 greens (neither of which he liked - boo hoo) to my 1. A @#$ing belt that was barely better than the rare I had equipped. WTF.

I checked his Magic Find% vs mine and there was like a 1% difference...in MY FAVOR.

So frustrating.
With every hour played I'm becoming more convinced that MF is basically irrelevant in ROS. It doesn't roll on gear now and doesn't come freely with Paragon. I have some L60 pieces like legacy Sun Keepers and Oculus Rings (which means ~75%+ MF from those two items alone) on all my alts and make a point to have the MF stacked characters open Resplendent Chests besides simply being there, and legendaries don't consistently come more frequently for them than anyone else.

More so now than before, I think the only important thing to do is just keep killing everything as quickly as possible.

Thunderfury is in D3??
Oh, yeah it is.
ZR2XoEz.jpg
(Wizard has it now. Rolled vit to 6% damage. Wiz sheet damage is 710+K at present. Good times.)

Really? So ditching our MF gear shouldn't have a noticeable effect on our drops? We're only level 55, if that matters.

We actually have quite a bit of outdated gear we've been clinging to just for the MF.

So, I have a puzzle ring with amazing stats - dex, vit, crit damage and chance, etc so I have to keep wearing it. But, I am so completely over that little damn goblin following me around and squeaking every 30 seconds...lol

I had this ring on and it got bugged out so it would turn every single white into a rare for one play session, it was amazing and my friends were getting pissed at me since it assigns all the rares to the ring owner lol.

The MF effect you can get from rings or Helm gem is negligible compared to what you already get from Torment levels/partying up. It's a waste of an item stat.
Hmm, so does that mean my GF and I playing on Hard should keep using MF gear? We only get 10% MF for playing together, which I was actually including in the 64% I quoted earlier. So without my necklace, I'm at 46/36, depending on whether she's with me or not.
She invariably is.

So since the only MF we get "naturally" is the 10% from duoing, should we be hanging on to our MF gear?

These are the necklaces I'm looking at. The new one is awesome, but I'm loathe to give up my MF. =/

Since that arcane shard perk is expressed as weapon damage, it should benefit from the +25% on this piece, plus the +8% I get from my bracers, right? I really wanna use the new one, but I don't wanna gimp myself in the process.

Found this from the RoS FAQ.

14) What happened to magic find?
Magic find was too powerful and became a requirement to find any loot in Diablo 3, which is why it was heavily nerfed: 100% magic find will increase the chance to find blue items by 100%, but only increase the chance for finding rare (yellow) items by 30% and for legendary/set items it is only 10%. That means that if you equip your character with 300% magic find, you will only get a 30% higher chance of finding a legendary. In addition to that, magic find has been removed entirely from paragon and from future rare gear (it still exists on pre-2.0.1 items, the so-called legacy gear). There are items in Reaper of Souls that have magic find as a stat (e.g., Nagelring or Cain's Set), but it is not worth it to sacrifice a lot of damage for a small amount of magic find.

So it sounds like not only was it nerfed, it's slowly being removed from the game. They say 300% MF "only" increases your chance to find a legendary by 30%. What's the base chance? If it's only 1%, going to 31% seems pretty significant, for example. Or does it go from 1% to 1.3%?

I think I'm gonna go for the Plat trophy. Barring Wizard and Crusader (since they're already at 70 on softcore), what's a good class to go through hardcore with?

JCizzle

Found this from the RoS FAQ.

14) What happened to magic find?
Magic find was too powerful and became a requirement to find any loot in Diablo 3, which is why it was heavily nerfed: 100% magic find will increase the chance to find blue items by 100%, but only increase the chance for finding rare (yellow) items by 30% and for legendary/set items it is only 10%. That means that if you equip your character with 300% magic find, you will only get a 30% higher chance of finding a legendary. In addition to that, magic find has been removed entirely from paragon and from future rare gear (it still exists on pre-2.0.1 items, the so-called legacy gear). There are items in Reaper of Souls that have magic find as a stat (e.g., Nagelring or Cain's Set), but it is not worth it to sacrifice a lot of damage for a small amount of magic find.

So it sounds like not only was it nerfed, it's slowly being removed from the game. They say 300% MF "only" increases your chance to find a legendary by 30%. What's the base chance? If it's only 1%, going to 31% seems pretty significant, for example. Or does it go from 1% to 1.3%?

I don't think they advertise the base rate, but I remember they cited an average of 1 per 2 hours of play time. Meaning play time - not sit there and idle time, and also being a very general guideline.

I think this was pre buff, so it's likely 1 per hour base now since they increased the rate by 100%.

Haines

Banned
I have 0 issue with taking turns in menus during coop. We just do it when one is going pee or w.e.

You can use the out of menu system.if you really care.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone on XB1 wanna give me some gold or emeralds? I'm trying to buff up my monk and DH, and figured I may as well ask, lol.

I don't think they advertise the base rate, but I remember they cited an average of 1 per 2 hours of play time. Meaning play time - not sit there and idle time, and also being a very general guideline.

I think this was pre buff, so it's likely 1 per hour base now since they increased the rate by 100%.
Cool. Thanks.

I actually applaud this change, since MF was basically a wasted slot on the gear, because the other gear only seemed extra powerful until you realized they forgot the MF. lol

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Should I be dual wielding on my Demon Hunter, or should I stick with quivers?

As a lowly level 30-something, seeing all these screens of insane armor sets is giving me fits. Can't wait to power through the rest of this first campaign run and start getting to the meat of the game.

When do you start getting this stuff? Is it all Nightmare difficulty and Hardcore mode, adventure mode bounties?

Thanks!

Navy Bean

Um, I already have a Crusader at 70, so I don't want to level one up again...

I would advise against Demon Hunter. They're fun to play but just too many ways to get trapped in a corridor and die regardless of difficulty level. You really rely on movement to survive unless you got really lucky with gear.

Jezabel

Running a barbarian, feel like I'm in a very small minority doing so. Have absolutely no idea what I should be working towards but I just hit act 2 and level 27.

As a first diablo experience I am loving sitting on the couch playing this on ps4

Number45

Running a barbarian, feel like I'm in a very small minority doing so. Have absolutely no idea what I should be working towards but I just hit act 2 and level 27.

As a first diablo experience I am loving sitting on the couch playing this on ps4
Barbarian was my first character on vanilla, and I think still the character I enjoyed playing the most even if I didn't progress far into inferno with him.

I may trot out a barbarian when I want to take a break from my monk. I haven't run across many at all in the time I've put in teaming with randoms online.

Top Bottom