• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Silly question, if i set up Diablo 3 as auto download will it download even if the PS4 is turn off? (Of course plugged in and connected to the internet)

lmbotiva

my hometown gaming shop is selling the game already but i have it preordered on bestbuy and because of gamers club unlocked i save 10 bucks, hmmm, decisions decisions

lmbotiva

Buy and return. Decision made.

mom and pop stores don't give cash back, you get store credit and not the whole of what you pay for, because they are so small they say they lost a sale because you're returning the article, i have diablo 3 on my pc and i can boot it up until tuesday if i get the itch to play it, is just that i played the demo on ps3 and man this game feels right at home with controller, crazy, now i kinda want torchlight 2 on ps4 as well, that game with a controller would be bonkers

mom and pop stores don't give cash back, you get store credit and not the whole of what you pay for, because they are so small they say they lost a sale because you're returning the article, i have diablo 3 on my pc and i can boot it up until tuesday if i get the itch to play it, is just that i played the demo on ps3 and man this game feels right at home with controller, crazy, now i kinda want torchlight 2 on ps4 as well, that game with a controller would be bonkers

Just determine what's worth more to you. Saving $10 or playing it on day one.

Shopan

Neo Member
Anyone know if there is vibration on the controller when using a skill or is it just when you are taking damage? Current diablo 3 for ps3/xbox360, force feedback is only when taking damage.

Jolkien

Anyone know if there is vibration on the controller when using a skill or is it just when you are taking damage? Current diablo 3 for ps3/xbox360, force feedback is only when taking damage.

On PS3 it was only vibrating when you reach low health. If it vibrated on every skill use the battery would probably deplete in 30 minutes :p

Gibran7

Just preordered it on psn for the digital download. Saw the countdown.... Damn you Pacific time!!! Damn you to hell!!!

Gotta wait till 3am my time to play even after preloading. Not cool...

wat

last gen gets no patches. 2.0.5 version and it will stay that way
heh..

Outside of basic updates to 2.06 on day one, Likely no Greater Rifts, Legendary Gems, or the Goblin's Treasure Vault.

If the PS3 and 360 get one final update to 2.1 which would be kind of nice, it would be a good farewell gift, but outside of this I wouldn't expect any long term support for either of the PS3 or 360 versions.

Although I wonder if leveling up will be more of a grind due to the smaller mob density on the last gen consoles. It'll still be a enjoyable game.

Thank you, that was what I figured. Thanks for the heads up, there was a reason I asked you the question and not some random person in this thread who is superbly confident in their ignorance.

Herbert Moon

Neo Member
Probably a stupid question, as I realize saves can transfer from last-gen to current-gen, but my Diablo 3 PS3 saves and characters will be usable with the UEE on PS3, correct?
I'll just trade in the old game for the new one if that's the case.

Now to decide whether I should continue with my monk, or create a crusader to experience all the new content from the beginning.

Probably a stupid question, as I realize saves can transfer from last-gen to current-gen, but my Diablo 3 PS3 saves and characters will be usable with the UEE on PS3, correct?
I'll just trade in the old game for the new one if that's the case.

Yes, that's how it works. If you're staying on PS3 (so am I), you just buy UEE, pop in the disc, and you're good to go.

I know seasons aren't coming to consoles but have blizzard said anything about the new legendaries possibly coming over to consoles once seasons end on pc? don't care to much for seasons but I would love for new legendaries added to the game over time

mstevens

Starting to get so excited for this.. been holding off trying the expansion for this version. This will be perfect after playing TLOU so much.

Any crusader tips? I want to try that first.

Admodieus

Starting to get so excited for this.. been holding off trying the expansion for this version. This will be perfect after playing TLOU so much.

Any crusader tips? I want to try that first.

After playing a lot of Monk on PC vanilla I switched to Crusader in RoS.

When leveling, just use whatever you think works. I honestly can't remember my build from 1-70.

At 70, Crusaders are very gear dependent for end-game builds. There are two items (Gyrfalcon's Foote which is a flail, and Jekingboard which is a shield) that allow you to spam Blessed Shield at no wrath cost and have it ricochet to several enemies. This is a popular Crusader build in the lower Torments as it allows you to farm so efficiently. Your first order of business upon hitting 70 should be gambling for shields with your blood shards at Kadala in the hopes of landing a Jekingboard.

I used that build to gather my class set pieces and then transitioned to two other builds: Firestarter and Holy Shotgun. The builds are fire damage and holy damage focused, respectively, and are reliant on other legendaries - Darklight flail for Firestarter and Fate of the Fell for Holy Shotgun.

I personally think Crusaders are one of the most fun classes to play - they are extremely durable due to carrying around a shield all the time and become more of a mid-range caster class at 70.

thenexus6

What is recommended class for someone playing Diablo for the first time? I have not played many loot games like this before either - I played Balders Gate on the PS2 back way in the day and some of the Torchlight games. Also thinking of playing on Hard or Expert on my first go?

Akim

Banned
If I have an online character on my ps4, can I take it to my friends house and play split screen co-op on his ps4 with my online character?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
If I have an online character on my ps4, can I take it to my friends house and play split screen co-op on his ps4 with my online character?
Apparently yes, and the FAQ says you need to transfer it via USB. I haven't gotten it to work yet.

What is recommended class for someone playing Diablo for the first time? I have not played many loot games like this before either - I played Balders Gate on the PS2 back way in the day and some of the Torchlight games. Also thinking of playing on Hard or Expert on my first go?

Depends on your play style, really. Barbarians are the obvious choice if you like pure melee. Monk if you like melee with a bit more of a technical aspect than just brute force. I played a Monk on the PC version, and a Wizard on console. I usually gravitate toward melee characters, but the wizard was very refreshing, and is capable of dealing insane damage with the right build.

hank_tree

Quick Q. If I export my save from 360 to PS4, do I lose access to the 360 save?

I still play multi with some people on 360 but want to move my solo characters to PS4.

Wow at those Legendary drop rates! During my vanilla PC playthroughs I got only TWO Legendaries and now I'm halfway through the first act with 5 Legendaries. Got one amulet by just breaking a set of vases in a dungeon... But I'm totally fine with that =D I found one bug though: I enabled the option to show character names above players when I started the game. Then I disabled it later on and now the game won't show those level up/new skill pop-ups anymore =/

Sucks that I had already made some plans for the weekend so I can't play again until Monday morning.

Bittercup

Quick Q. If I export my save from 360 to PS4, do I lose access to the 360 save?

I still play multi with some people on 360 but want to move my solo characters to PS4.
You just upload a copy of your save file to battle.net for use on other platforms. This does not delete your original save file. You can still play on your 360.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
This is my first time using a demon hunter and he seems super weak early on. I'm getting mauled by elites even on hard mode! It's sad.

drotahorror

Woops, I should have checked the OT of course. Added PSN ID on there. Will be checking that google docs and adding friends.

Kyoufu

This is my first time using a demon hunter and he seems super weak early on. I'm getting mauled by elites even on hard mode! It's sad.

Once you find a good weapon your damage will go through the roof.

I still don't know which class to play.

Crusader, Demon Hunter or play as a Barbarian again.

Helscream

Banned
My biggest concern is if equipment sanity checks were implemented. I scoured the official Blizzard forums, and there are conflicting reports.

Basically a sanity check is sort of like a active script that runs in the games background with the database of all items in the game. It makes sure items stay within a set limit when they are spawned upon an enemy being killed.

For example you find random sword and it's known values are in between 800 and 1000 damage and if it drops it will randomly stay within that parameter.

However if an item goes outside that threshold the item is deleted from inventory or is forcibly re-rolled within that limit.

The main point of a sanity check would stop people creating super items with impossible stats. The game would scan the equipment of a character upon load and if any gear goes outside its "Safe limit" the offending items are removed.

This would reduce modified save edits or imports of items from old D3 PS3 / 360 to the newer console versions. Since this check would trigger upon loading the game or going into an online session, no one would be allowed to import impossible items into a new session.

The only thing this wouldn't fix is duping items or gold. Or modded items that stay within the threshold at the maximum values.

Well I remember that during the Q&A gamespot had with Johnny Ebbert (Lead Console Designer) and Tiffany Wat ( Lead Producer) when the question was asked about importing game saves from last-gen to next-gen consoles Johnny Ebbert did make a snide quick remark about all items/progression will transfer over "except for hacked items". Whether this was a underhanded remark or a serious statement (or both) I would hope their would be a "sanity check" that is used on imported saves in their cloud server.

I am not a coder/programmer myself, but I would like to think your idea of a sanity check could be completely inside the realm of possibility. The duping and hacked items issue was bad on PS3, but typically those players restricted themselves to Master V difficulty.

I have fond memories of running into players with hacked gear and them asking ME to dupe MY items for them. What a freaking joke. I do have a theory that perhaps in D3: UEE that when a player uses the enchantress to re-roll a stat on a item that it makes it account bound, but we wont know till release. Perhaps the day 1 patch or a patch immediately following launch will implement something that keeps hacked items in checked.

Number45

Have this pre-ordered on PSN and I'm going to start over with a crusader (Wednesday as I'm not back from holiday until then). If anyone wants a levelling buddy that plays around 22:00 > 00:00 UK time feel free to add me.

Kyoufu

Well I remember that during the Q&A gamespot had with Johnny Ebbert (Lead Console Designer) and Tiffany Wat ( Lead Producer) when the question was asked about importing game saves from last-gen to next-gen consoles Johnny Ebbert did make a snide quick remark about all items/progression will transfer over "except for hacked items". Whether this was a underhanded remark or a serious statement (or both) I would hope their would be a "sanity check" that is used on imported saves in their cloud server.

I am not a coder/programmer myself, but I would like to think your idea of a sanity check could be completely inside the realm of possibility. The duping and hacked items issue was bad on PS3, but typically those players restricted themselves to Master V difficulty.

Well sadly there are cheaters running around doing 20 million damage pre-70 already. Doesn't look like any sanity check was implemented.

Ottobit

Banned
Amazing thread! thanks a lot for this. I'm eagerly waiting for this to release. Day 1 digital for me!

if anyone wants to play together on ps4, my id is: Nefairo

Helscream

Banned
Well sadly there are cheaters running around doing 20 million damage pre-70 already. Doesn't look like any sanity check was implemented.

While hearing that pisses me off. I would hope a solution could be implement by patch, but I guess we will wait and see. Guess I might just restrict myself to playing with other Gaffers.

quest

Not Banned from OT

There is a check it just misses a lot of stuff. I figured they would not take effort to make a real check since it would be time consuming. I am sure trying to get the game running on last gen took most of the development time sadly. Only thing we can do is put each other on friends list and stick to playing friends only. Know if you are trading in a public game that gear is tainted.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Wouldn't it be nice if Blizzard/Sony let us all download now and play this weekend!

they won't :(

I agree it is one of the things that should be standard with digital purchase. If they won't give price discounts letting digital play a couple of days early would be a nice free perk.

Woorloog

Banned
Some questions:
Do normal 360 Diablo 3 saves work for UEE 360 version? Don't see mentions about this in the OP.
The FAQ comments that last gen versions have framerate issues, does that mean they have more issues than the normal last gen Diablo 3?
How long is the Act 5, how replayable? Is it good?

Baleoce

I wonder why there isn't a big retail PS4/Xboxone bundle for this. I honestly think this will be hugely popular next gen, especially with the social features the systems have.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Some questions:
The FAQ comments that last gen versions have framerate issues, does that mean they have more issues than the normal last gen Diablo 3?
How long is the Act 5, how replayable? Is it good?

If the game is getting certain upgrades then you should notice a few more dips here and there, but as a pc type who likes console diablo the fps is quite servicable.

I beat act 5 first night it came out within 7 hours and have been replaying various parts since. Act 5 is easily one of the better acts though I love Act 3 the most.

IvorB

Does anyone know if the cinematics are horribly compressed, artifacty and glitchy like they are on PS3 or are they done properly now?

quest

Not Banned from OT
wat

last gen gets no patches. 2.0.5 version and it will stay that way

All versions get the day 1 2.0.6 patch. After that only next gen will get content patches.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15031886

Scroll down a little to comments.

Lylirra 7/30/2014
@Krelian: Ultimate Evil Edition will include all the content updates and patches made to the PC game up to 2.0.5 on the disc (or digital download in the case of PS3 and PS4), and it will have a Day 1 patch on all platforms to bring it up to 2.0.6. We're currently exploring patch opportunities post-launch, but our focus right now is delivering an awesome game on August 19. :)

Top Bottom